Start by marking “It's Trevor Noah: Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood (Adapted for Young Readers)” as Want to Read:

The host of The Daily Show, Trevor Noah, tells the story of growing up half black, half white in South Africa under and after apartheid in this young readers' adaptation of his bestselling adult memoir Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood.

Trevor Noah shares his story of growing up in South Africa, with a black South African mother and a white European fat
Library Binding, 304 pages
Published April 9th 2019 by Delacorte Press

Amber
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this really hesitant because I’ve read the adult version and it was explicit and mature. However, they did a fantastic job paring down the content that was too mature without sacrificing the story. I would recommend it for grades 5 and up.
Terri M.
This is a wonderful introduction to life in South Africa towards the end of Apartheid. Trevor honestly and humorously tells his personal story through the frame of the country’s history.

I received a copy of this book direct from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Lauren Reed
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s Trevor Noah: Born A Crime (Young Readers Edition) was given to me for free by Random House Kids. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share Trevor Noah’s incredible memoir in an age-appropriate way with my middle school daughters! Mr. Noah’s life experiences in South Africa are delivered with the same honesty and witty humor as the original. In the editing process any profanity or adult themes were removed, leaving this version as delightful as the first!

Noah’s well told narrative as
David S
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I chose It’s Trevor Noah: Born a Crime because the title was intriguing to me, and I wanted to learn more about the term “apartheid”. I had to search for apartheid and I learned that it’s another word for a police system of segregation or discrimination in South Africa. I wondered what the differences were between the apartheid and racial segregation in the United States. Trevor Noah provided an autobiographical account of what it was like to grow up in South Africa during the apartheid. Trevor ...more
Bennett Yee
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trevor Noah revealed his past growing up in South Africa. The book explains an entirely different culture influenced and fused with American culture. Growing up in a racist society Trevor faced many struggles of fitting in and just being a kid. The book was well written as it was easy for the reader to connect with Trevor and his troubled past.
Liz Chambliss
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book not only gives you insight into a Trevor Noah, but also South African apartheid. I definitely want to read more on the subject. Stories about Trevor and his mom teach you about their culture and the adversities they had to overcome. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Ms T
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining, eye-opening read about racism, religion, and love. GREAT read!
ambuj
Apr 17, 2019
Kaona Moloko
Apr 16, 2019
Rachel
Mar 14, 2019
Jenna (Bookiemoji)
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Much less edgy (see: explicit) with regard to the mature parts of the adult edition. The context is there, the content is simply edited for language, detail and other non-age-appropriate themes. Great for readers who want to learn more about Apartheid and the life of Trevor Noah. Recommended for both teens and parent-aged readers alike.
Kate
Paulina
Apr 14, 2019
Shai
Dec 20, 2018
Trevor Noah is a South African comedian, television and radio host and actor. He currently hosts The Daily Show, a late-night television talk show on Comedy Central.