Start by marking “Hidden Hearts (Lines in the Sand #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Hearts (Lines in the Sand #0.5)

Hidden Hearts

(Lines in the Sand #0.5)

Not all secrets can stay hidden when it comes to love.

“All along, Reed Wilder’s been this crazy rebel just waiting for me to let my guard down. And so, here we are, standing at the bar waiting to get the party started.”

Sexy entrepreneur Lysander Wyatt has always believed in happily-ever-after thanks to his picture-perfect family. Now orphaned, he’s made a family of his
Published September 29th 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Hearts

Start your review of Hidden Hearts (Lines in the Sand #0.5)
DJ Sakata
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, novella, romance
Favorite Quotes:

It’s unfortunate. My mom always told me the good ones are either serial killers or gay.

Now, listen, when the wedding comes along, I think you should pick purple as your color. I know, I know, you’re not crazy about it, but I look ravishing in purple.

I really couldn’t pin down when I’d “come out.” Jodie jokes I never went in to come out. I’ve just always been me. My family was always proud of me. My sexuality never had anything to do with defining who I am.

I ended up in the foster
ItaPixie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I really liked this novella.Unfortunately I've finished it in a few hours,I was so curious to know better some of the characters from the previous books in the series.

After I've read the other stories I didn't expect for Lysander and Reed to have a back story like this.They couldn't be more different,exuberant and vivacious the first and strict and buttoned the latter,it was a pleasure to find out if they could merge their lives and becoming something more than an acquaintance.

Lindsay Detwiler

Elizabeth Cole
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Original review can be found at: http://www.nerdprobs.com/books/book-r...

**A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.**

I was so excited when Hot Tree asked me to review the next two books written by Lindsay Detwiler. I was even more excited to learn it was a novella precursor to all the “Lines in the Sand” books that she has written recently.

This story revolves around Lysander Wyatt. He is the owner of the Midsummer Night bar in the ocean side town of Oc
Caroline
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hidden Hearts was my first book by Lindsay Detwiller and I'll definitely be looking to read more. I really enjoyed this book, it was well written, had a great storyline and relatable characters.

This is Lysander and Reed’s story. Both are instantly attracted to each other, they date, they become close friends but one is struggling to take the next steps towards more.

Can a lonely bar owner looking for HEA and a still in the closet businessman turned souvenir shop owner make a relationship work?
R
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Lysander is lonely. He is tired of going on blind dates that his best friend Jodie sets up. Spectacularly unsuccessful dates. He just wants to find a man to love, the happy ever after.

One day Reed walks into his bar. A tightly buttoned up beautiful man. He comes back every day. Lysander thinks Reed is interested in Jodie. She is certain Lysander is the draw. When she bluntly ask Reed if he is gay, Lysander hears the answer he was hoping for.

They begin to date, taking things slow. The more he get
books are love
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This had all the elements of a sweet romance. We have the meet cute where Reed comes into Lysander’s restaurant eyes meet and connection begins. It has the one with a rough childhood who overcame it but still hides himself out of fear of not being loved and the other who was accepted, embraced and loved unconditionally. It has them exploring and learning about one another while being there for each other no matter what. It has some rough moments where they are by each others sides and become str ...more
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
This is a prequel to the Lines in the Sand series and the books can be read out of order, hence why this book is out after the other books. Whether you pick it up from the prequel or in any order I can guarantee you that you will fall in love with these characters and Ocean City. This is Lysander’s story and while we saw him in the other books, he sure did a good job of hiding his heart. He is loving, speaks his mind freely and guards his heart. Reed who is the complete opposite of Lysander came ...more
Mari  Cardenas
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, not-for-me
3 Stars

Hidden Hearts is the prequel to Ms. Detwiler Lines on the Sand series, so you'll be fine reading it even if you don't read the next books which are MF, btw.

I liked Lysander a lot, he was a good friend and employer. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Reed. While I sort of understood where he was coming from, I was very frustrated that it took him so long to come clean about his reasons for not wanting to acknowledge he was in a relationship with Lysander, I was put off that he thoug
Maria Vickers
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Hidden Hearts by Lindsay Detwiler is the prequel to her Lines in the Sand series and features Lysander and Reed. Hidden Hearts does not end in a cliffhanger, but if you want more than this novella offers, they can be seen in the other books in the series.

Lysander is a hopeless romantic and he falls for the one guy that doesn't really believe in any of that stuff. The question was, would they be able to find the middle ground? I honestly loved these two men and liked that they were opposites in
Lisa
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5*

If you have read this series so far then you will be familiar with Lysander and Reed, the enigmatic couple. This is their story.

Lysander is committed to continuing his mother's dream, dedicating himself to running the bar and restaurant she started. But when Reed enters his bar, he becomes someone who Lysander wants to spend time with. Reed has uprooted his life to start afresh. Whilst Lysander is out going and confident, Reed is more reserved in public, which is due to his upbringin
Dana Busenbark
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
We get a chance in this book to see Lysander and how he became the owner of Midsummer Night's. We get to know more about him as a man and the business owner. We see how he is with his employees, and with the guests to his establishment. We learn more about his friendship with Jodie. We get a good look also at Reed Wilder and why he has moved to town. My first thought when the author told us how Reed was dressed was, "Where's the pocket protector?" but he turns out to be not quite to that level o ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
3.5 Stars

Lysander is the owner of Midsummer Nights, a popular beach bar/restaurant. When Reed, who recently relocated to Ocean City, Maryland, stops in for lunch one day, Lysander is attracted to the sexy stranger, but even as Reed continues to come back, almost daily, Lysander can’t figure out if his interest is returned or if Reed is even gay for that matter.

This was a sweet story. Both Lysander and Reed were likable characters. The story was well-written, but honestly, it was just all kinda
Lori
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another well written book by this author. Once you start reading you're not going to want to stop. I get lost in the stories she writes. Lysander and Reed are very entertaining together. I hope to read my more books from this author. She has a special way of making things seem real as you're reading. Loved this book! ...more
Virginia Lee
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lysander is a business owner but sucks in the romance department. His best friend keeps setting him up with all these dates but there is no spark. That changes when Reed walks into his bar maybe he can have his one. Highly recommend this book
BRVL --Book Review Virginia Lee
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Honestly, I found this story to be sweet. Two grown men, small town, cute setting. My only complaint, is that it was over too quickly! I do hope the we are ale to enjoy more from these men in the future installments in this series!
Heather Jasinski
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hidden Hearts is about the two guys in the series. Lysandar and Reed. It was a great novella about how those two met and formed a relationship.

4 stars!
Marion
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Lines in the Sand series. Endearing characters. Lindsay never disappoints me !
Ronice
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick Beach Read

It was neat to get a background on Reed and Lysander after reading the other Lines in the Sands books. Another great sweet romance from Lindsay!
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was heartbreaking and beautiful. Lindsay Detwiler is definitely an author to watch.
Becca Seymour
Sep 19, 2018
Sep 29, 2018
Lisa
Sep 30, 2018

• Home For Christmas Gift (Country Christmas Romance Series Book 1)
  • The Silver Creek (Woodlea, #6)
  • Let There Be Light (Twin Hearts, #1)
  • High Heels and Haystacks (Billionaires in Blue Jeans, #2)
  • Out of the Blue
  • Bound by Truth
  • Players to Lovers Collection
  • Diamond in the Dust (Elsie Creek, #1)
  • Unexpected Love (Unforeseen Destiny, #2)
  • Hearts in Georgia: Sweet Small-Town Romance Collection
  • Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • Men are like a Box of Chocolates
  • Country Hearts
  • Cronin's Key (Cronin's Key, #1)
  • Murmuration
  • Realigned (Coming Home #1)
  • Building Forever (This Time Forever, #1)
  • Salvation (The Protectors, #2)

Join Lindsay's VIP Fan Club here and get an exclusive excerpt of Remember When for Free: http://bit.ly/rememberwhenexcerpt

An English teacher, an author, and a fan of anything pink and/or glittery, Lindsay's the English teacher cliché; she love cats, reading, Shakespeare, and Poe.

She currently lives in her hometown with her husband, Chad (her junior high sweetheart); their cats, Arya, Amelia, Alice

Lines in the Sand (6 books)
  • Inked Hearts (Lines in the Sand #1)
  • Wild Hearts (Lines in the Sand #2)
  • Texan Hearts (Lines in the Sand #3)
  • Promised Hearts (Lines in the Sand Book 4)
  • Lone Hearts (Lines in the Sand, #6)