Start by marking “Evidence-Based Hiring: Why Hiring Is Broken and How Data Can Fix It” as Want to Read:
Evidence-Based Hiring: Why Hiring Is Broken and How Data Can Fix It

Evidence-Based Hiring: Why Hiring Is Broken and How Data Can Fix It

Would you hire an unknown singer without hearing them sing? Even with "five years of singing experience" in their rsum and a diploma from "Epic Singers School," you would still like to hear them, wouldn't you?

Surprisingly, most companies do the opposite and base hiring decisions on candidate claims and attained degrees. The good news is that you can detect the top
Published July 21st 2018 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Evidence-Based Hiring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evidence-Based Hiring

Start your review of Evidence-Based Hiring: Why Hiring Is Broken and How Data Can Fix It
Filip Kis
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clear, to the point and very helpful

If you're ever in a position to hire, I would strongly recommend this book.

Full disclosure, I know Zeljko personally, so there might be a slight bias in my rating. However, I'm not the one that easily agrees with others and when Zeljko was telling me about his hiring process I was sceptical to some aspects.

After reading his book though, I'm convinced. In a very clear and data based manner he explained why certain commonly used and intuitive approaches to
Igor Novosel
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're hiring for your company, or if you're a candidate in the process, read this book to learn which selection methods have been scientifically proven, and which haven't. You'll also learn how to set up good work-sample tests and structured interviews.
It's focusing on the selection process, making sure the decision made by the hiring manager eliminates bias as much as possible.
Shannon
Feb 19, 2019
Nives
Jan 20, 2020
Zeljko Svedic
Aug 01, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Craig