Start by marking “Three Strikes” as Want to Read:
Three Strikes

Three Strikes

Three Strikes is a collection of three dark novellas from three star YA authors.

The Darkness - Lucy Christopher
Kasha has answered the advert for The Tribe. Now she sits writing alone in the darkness of the jungle. Is she the only one left? Then she spots a red light blinking at her from the darkness. Cat’s eyes? A camera?

The Twins of Blackfin
Published October 11th 2018 by Firefly Press

To ask other readers questions about Three Strikes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Strikes

Start your review of Three Strikes
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I was sent a physical copy for review via the publishers Firefly Press!

Three Strikes is made up of three YA novellas, offering a fast-paced story-line and interesting concepts. I was hoping that all of the stories would be spooky, however, I only felt extremely spooked out by the second novella The Twins of Blackfin. I would say that Three Strikes does have a story for everyone. The first story by Lucy Christopher called The Darkness has a jungle setting, so would be perfect for read
Michelle Harrison
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A collection of dark, compelling novellas which are perfect for Halloween, or anyone who enjoys a chilling read. I first heard of this book on social media and was intrigued by the promise of Rhian Ivory's Matchgirl, a retelling of one of my favourite fairy tales. I read this one first, and found it to be a poetic, musical tale with the themes of the original cleverly interwoven into a modern setting. The ending is beautifully haunting, yet full of hope.

I read Lucy Christopher's The
Jenniely
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three deeply compelling, dark tales that twist and snare the imagination. Three tales of love, loss, heartache and page turning mystery.

Kat Ellis' contribution to this novella compilation, The Twins of Blackfin, is a prequel novella to her amazing Novel, Blackfin Sky. Bo is mourning the death of her friend, Sky, but unusual happenings are occurring in Blackfin, which is saying something as Blackfin is the definition of strange! Perfect prequel.

The Darkness by Lucy Christopher is a c
Teresa Barrera
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed each of the stories. Each author pulled you in and each story had a unique twist. Great read!
Maddie Browse
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, ya, 2018
DNF after first story. May continue later.
Mary Judy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exceptionally gripping, each of these stories quickly establishes their own unique voices that will haunt the reader for some time to come. The first is unsettling with familiar allusions to an iconic 'reality tv' scenario, but shocking as it reaches its' end, revealing that, in the 'coming-of-age' we all must face, not everything is as it seems. The second is a brilliant, eerie ghost story that sends shivers right to the core. And Matchgirl has to be one of the best fairytale revamps I have rea ...more
Honey
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of three novellas from three separate authors. Honestly the first story 'The Darkness' and the third story 'Matchstick Girl' were both very disappointing for me. I didn't like either of them, the characters were unlikable in both and The Darkness in particular just seemed to have a weird, rambling plot. Matchstick Girl was more my style, but the main character was so horrid that I actually wanted it to end the same way that 'The Little Match Girl' did. (It is a retelling of ...more
Nikki
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourite story was the middle one, the Twins of Blackfin, and I have already added Kat Ellis’ main book to my tbr lol! It’s so creepy and perfect. Blackfin sounds like a wonderfully weird place to live. And I loved the way the town accepts the odd things that happen.

The Tribe is an odd one - I was frustrated by the lack of answers and the unreliable narrator but I did enjoy the story. But we never learn anything about why or what and in the end that frustrated me too much.

And finally Match
Heidi
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m always wary of anthologies. They tend to be a real mixed bag, with some great stories and some not so good.

Thankfully, I enjoyed all 3 in this collection! I’ll give a brief review on them individually.

The Darkness by Lucy Christopher ⭐⭐⭐⭐
A really suspensful story, moving between Kasha in the jungle and reflecting on how she got there. While she tries to figure out what is actually going on and if she’ll ever get out of there, we slowly learn what actually happen
Ellie
Oct 21, 2018
Rhiane
Apr 27, 2019

• The Quiet at the End of the World
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)
  • The Next Together (The Next Together, #1)
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • After Alice
  • The Paper & Hearts Society (The Paper & Hearts Society, #1)
  • Thicker Than Water
  • Imaginary Friend
  • The Light Between Worlds
  • To Be Taught, If Fortunate
  • Remind Me How This Ends
  • The Girl King (The Girl King, #1)
  • A Skinful of Shadows
  • The House with Chicken Legs
  • Färjan
  • Jack of Ravens (Kingdom of the Serpent, #1)
  • Places in the Darkness
  • The Secret Runners of New York
Lucy Christopher was born in Wales but grew up in Australia. She obtained an Undergraduate degree at Melbourne University. She moved to the UK to earn a distinction in a Creative Writing MA from Bath Spa University. The novel she wrote for this class, The Long Flight, was picked up by a publisher under a new name of FLYAWAY.

Lucy’s debut novel, Stolen, was written as part for her PhD degree. Stolen explores he