Start by marking “Crash (The Wild Sequence, #2)” as Want to Read:
Crash (The Wild Sequence, #2)

Crash

(The Wild Sequence #2)

JJ Schneider has it all.

A high-octane career as a pro snowboarder. A ride-or-die crew. A seven-figure sponsorship deal.

None of it makes up for losing the love of his life.

It’s been a year since Raquel Sfeir walked away. From the man she loved. From the job of her dreams. She’s done with enabling extreme athletes to risk their lives for the next thrill… especially the one w
Published April 16th 2019 (first published April 15th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Crash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crash

Start your review of Crash (The Wild Sequence, #2)
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Crash was the second book in the Wild Sequence series by Harper Dallas.

We met James “JJ” Schneider in the first book, Ride. He was a professional extreme sports snowboarder. His crew, the False Kings, were world famous for performing and recording dangerous and exciting stunts. He was fun and gorgeous, but we knew he was pining away for his ex-fiancé, Raquel Sfeir, although we didn’t know any details. Ride ended with a serious accident where Raquel showed up at the hospital for JJ.

Crash began b
Rhina
Feb 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
I loved her first book, why do people give rating if it's not out yet. It makes me feel like author's books are being sabotaged before they even come out. If your going to give a bad rating, let us know why at least.
Jacqueline
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-arcs
Killer angst, beautiful style

I absolutely loved the first book and while this was gripping with a beautiful, poetic style prose, it was too angsty for my taste.

If you've read Ride (and I think you need to read that first) you'll know adrenalin junkie JJ is still suffering from the the breakdown of his engagement when he suffers terrible injuries in an accident.

It's gut wrenching and poignant and thought provoking but it's also relentlessly miserable through most of the book. As impressive and de
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
"Because here is the truth of it all: that a man can be kind, and he can be good, and he can be generous. But if he’s an athlete, one day all of that will end. Because he loves his sport more than he will ever love you."

Aaaahhhh!!!! Its JJ and Raquel's story!! If you follow my reviews, then you know I have been raving about 'Ride' by Harper Dallas ever since I picked up that gem of a book. Even if you are not a fan of sports romances, you will LOVE this series and 'Crash'! Harper Dallas off
Michelle
3 Stars!
I’m sad I didn’t love this one as much as the first one. Raquel grated my nerves really bad and she ruined this book for me:(
Hope we get more of the others and they grab me up like book one did.
Beeg Panda
Damjana
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked Harper Dallas's first book so much! I even have it on my favorite shelf. Through this two years span I was checking when second book is going to be out and I can't deny I was very enthusiastic about it. But now I don't know what happened to it; it's not even similar to first book.

I am not a fan of cheesy and corny stories and stories where nothing happen. On my disappointment this book had a lot of cheesy moments with repeating corny statements.

I don't want to be too critical,
Kristen Peyton
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"There’s nothing I want more than to go in there and be with him. There’s nothing I want less.”

4.5 stars for this one. This series was a complete shock to me for how great it was. So much depth in these books. Both tugged at my heart strings and good lord, Harper Dallas knows how to give you a slow burn. JJ holds a special place in my heart. I can’t imagine going through what he went through. Highly recommend. Harper Dallas, you’ve got a fan in me. ❤️
Bookphenomena (Micky)
4.5 star review up on the blog here.

"I take a deep breath. Is it falling, if you decide to jump?"

First Harper Dallas gave us RIDE and then CRASH landed on my kindle. This book sucked me into it's vortex and gave me that wonderful experience of devouring words that RIDE also delivered on. CRASH was a second chance romance but it wasn't beautiful, it was painful, raw and hard fought for.

CRASH is set in the world of elite sports, with top athletes in the snowboarding world. I was already familiar w
Robyn
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Big Love Stars

“Crash,” is the second book in, The Wild Sequence series, written in duel first person narrative, sectioned in five parts. This stirring slow-burn sets the scene for JJ, and Raquel’s relationship, which was mentioned, but not elaborated on in book one, “Ride.” These relatable characters have a complicated history, that’s made more difficult by tough choices, and a love that hadn’t faded through time apart.

“Your whole life has been about doing what other people call “too much
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
I have been waiting for this book since the second I finished Ride last year!! I fell in love with JJ and his big heart. I couldn't wait to meet Raquel and learn what went wrong between them.

There was never any doubts for me that JJ and Raquel loved each other in a way that most people can only imagine but I can't pretend that, as I learned more about their relationship and their reason for breaking up, the more I wondered if that love was really enough for them to make it.

I found myself annoye
Jaime
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I finished this one and then let it simmer for a little bit before I put together my thoughts. I'm just not sure how I feel about it.

Let me start by saying that Ride is one of my all time favorite books, so to say I was looking forward to this one would be an understatement. I was (and still am!) so excited to receive an ARC of this book. Unfortunately, this one didn't entirely do it for me.

First, I'll start with everything I loved about this book, because there was quite a bit.

JJ. I loved me
Moon Love
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't even know what to say. This is an extremely well written and an amazing second chance romance. I wasn't sure if JJ and Raquel would be able to find their way back to one another even with the fact loving each other had never been the problem keeping them apart.

Crash is a masterpiece and I love how this story made me feel. I am very quickly fallen in love with Harper Dallas's writing style and her voice is fresh and unique. I can't wait to read Trick!
HMS
Review to come
Nikki
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't really do it for me, book 1 was WAY better. There wasn't a lot of dialogue in it and I feel like it fell short and why nothing got resolved until like the 95% mark.
Annie
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book overlaps a bit with the end of the last one, Ride, just enough to get the reader in the right frame. The writing is amazing, the story intense. I loved revisiting these characters.
Amy Malek Concepcion
Crash

JJ killed me in this book. It overlaps with Ride, starting with the avalanche that injures JJ and brings Raquel back into his life. I’m pretty sure I had teary eyes through the first 50% of this book (and a lot of the second half as well). Their love was palpable but so was their pain. The angst in this one was off the charts. I didn’t think Chase and Brooke could be topped but JJ and Raquel may have. It’s very close. Plus I loved seeing the whole group together again. Nor the wait begins a
Erin
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay ...ugh, this is KILLING ME, but I truly couldn’t stand Raquel. I LOVED RIDE and have been waiting MONTHS for this book. I hate to say I am so disappointed. It’s not the storyline that’s the problem. Being madly in love with an adrenaline junkie is hard and stressful but the way Raquel went about things and her ultimatum was unbelievable and immature. For one she met him when he was an established extreme sports snowboarder. It’s “who he is” and she expects him to give up his passion. Next, ...more
Mary Kathryn
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love Harper Dallas! She is an amazingly talented author and this is only her second book! Her debut novel, Ride, blew me away! I was addicted and read it in two days. I was very eager for this second book in the series; however, I didn’t finish it. I gave it up at 65%. Crash just didn’t deliver. JJ is just as lovable as he is in Ride. It’s Raquel that kills it. She is very selfish and whiny and I just got sick of her. It never picked up, so the combination of disliking the heroine and being bo ...more
RaChelle
I just finished Crash. I had to take a deep breath after that last page and allow it to run through me. Harper's first book, Ride absolutely took my breath away. I was beyond amazed that it was her debut novel. Her descriptive writing gave me the feeling I was right there with the crew jumping from helicopters and flying down that powdery mountain. Feelings I personally, never feel the urge to experience. But she gave me that feeling in the palm of my hands. It was full of adrenalin and action p ...more
“Human”
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: slow-burn
Told in four seasons, this is the story of JJ and Raquel. It is a slow burn second chance romance, featuring all of the gang from book one Ride. I highly recommend reading Ride first, since they overlap quite a bit! If you haven’t read Ride, this review and book will spoil some of the things that happen.

This story really delves into passion and whether our soul deep love of something is worth the ultimate sacrifice. Is taking the safe route in life worth it? Does passion make a person who they a
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Harper Dallas' second book in her The Wild Sequence series, Crash, brought the professional and personal struggles of her beloved character James "JJ" Schneider from book one Ride.

After a devastating accident on the slopes breaks JJ's spine he is forced to evaluate and deal with the repercussions of an injury that has taken away the sole focus of his life, his sports career, at the expense of all other aspects of his existence. After a series of miscommunications brings his former fiancé back
Michelle
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-chance
3.5 stars. I really liked JJ in the previous book, Ride, and couldn’t wait to read his story. He and Raquel have history and now JJ is recovering from a horrible tragedy and Raquel is back in life. It had all the makings for the ultimate second chance. JJ is nothing like his best friend Chase. He’s affable, easy going, expressive and wears his heart on his sleeve. Raquel is hard working, reserved, stubborn and tender hearted. It’s not that I didn’t like either of them, but Raquel was hard to dig ...more
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
These two have been broken apart by fear of the unknown. This fear builds until it is all they can see which leaves them without the thing they live the most.

JJ is a famous snowboarder who travels the world with his crew. He use to have it all...the girl, the friends, and the career. Now he’s left broken and shattered. The accident leaves JJ taking a second look at priorities. He’s such a fun, outgoing guy and tries to be the life of the party. He is genuinely nice to everyone and the friendship
ashley s
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was a nice change of pace in that it wasn’t a rom com but definitely dramatic, definitely angsty. It was wonderful. I loved the second chance romance scenario. The characters were well fleshed out and engaging and weren’t simply stereotypes in any way. The writing is brilliant and I look forward to more romance novels by this author!
Lucia
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 *s
Harper Dallas has done it again! I really enjoyed this, though admittedly not as much as Chase and Brooke's story in Ride. But just as in Ride, Dallas's ability to write about love really shone through. She's quite good at talking about emotions, conveying the depth of them, and making the reader feel what the characters are feeling. That's probably the biggest strength of this book, it just physically tugs at your heart so often.

Strangely enough, it was the problem here and the relation
Ellie
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense and nicely executed

I like this writer. I think she has serious chops and I thought so after reading her debut, 'Ride,' well over a year ago.

But goddamn. I was pissed off for 80-odd percent of this book! It was so well-written and the love between the protagonists was so powerful and believable. Ms. Dallas has beautiful prose and the emotion in the story was that much more convincing. This story is deep and the struggles Raquel and JJ fight through are not dealt with by glossing them over
Cris
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have awaited the release of this book eagerly ever since I finished Ride several months ago. In parts I liked the book. However, I was missing some of the adrenaline of snowboarding, the scenery, the photography aspect of Ride. Although I do understand why the subject and plot of this book would not allow it. This book focus more on the emotional aspect of dealing with loss, dealing with the end of a relationship, the pain of loving what you do and losing that due to injury and in a way loss o ...more
Gail
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crash is the very eagerly anticipated 2nd book in the Wild series. The 1st book in the series was Ride. Crash can be read as a standalone but is definitely more enjoyable if Ride is read first. Harper Dallas' first book, Ride, blew me away with how phenomenal it was. I literally read it at least 10 times. While I couldn't wait for Crash to be published, I thought no way could it be as good as Ride. Boy, was I wrong- Crash is just as spectacular in so many ways.
The characters from Ride are very
Paula Sobral
After reading Ride, I liked this author but I wasn't counting down the days for her next novel. Then, I found out that this book was out and the premise seemed interesting to me. Crash follows JJ and Raquel's relationship as they find their way back to each other after a break up and an accident. I think that my problem with this book was the lack of dialogue between them. It felt like there were a lot of inner monologues of how much they loved each other and how they were scared of the future, ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Teardrop Shot
  • The Best Thing
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Focused
  • Enemies
  • The Locker Room
  • Method
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)
  • Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Dear Enemy
  • The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)
  • For Lila, Forever
Harper Dallas writes romantic fiction. Her favorite stories are about true love, strong women, and the men who can handle them.

After exploring the world, Harper met her own tall, blond, and handsome stranger right back at home. She is now living her happy ever after in the wilderness of British Columbia.

When she's not writing love stories, you can probably find her in the mountains.

The Wild Sequence (2 books)
  • Ride (The Wild Sequence, 1)