Start by marking “Frostbound Throne: Song of Night (Court of Sin, #1)” as Want to Read:
Frostbound Throne: Song of Night (Court of Sin, #1)

Frostbound Throne: Song of Night

(Court of Sin #1)

Vale was born in battle seven hundred years ago, and in all this time, he's never encountered an enemy that poses a real challenge. Until now.

Devi has been told terrifying tales of vengeful gods since her youth. She never thought that she would wake up in a world where she had to fight them.

They're opposites, he gets on her nerves, she is under his skin, and if they're to
Published July 20th 2018 by Madam's Books

To ask other readers questions about Frostbound Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frostbound Throne

Christa
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Court of Sin is a series of adult fantasy novels unsuitable for clean readers.

I think it’s hilarious that there’s a tag for that. But yeah, there’s explicit language in this book, so if you’re one to be offended this book isn’t for you. I rarely notice written cuss words but there were enough that I noticed.

It’s got a smartass prince and a sassy elf/hybrid/chosen one. I enjoyed it. It’s a good start to a fantasy series and it was funny. I’ll probably wait for the series to complete before rea
◊♦ Naomi
I believe May Sage can do no wrong. After reading her Strands of Starfire series, I wanted to try her fantasy one and she, once again, exceeded my expectations. I have read both books, Song of Night and Song of Winter back to back so this review will encompass both.

Vale and Devi's story is divided in three novels but it's basically one book called Frostbound Throne, divided in three parts. I fucking loved these books. Proof is, I couldn't stop reading after Song of Night and had to immediately
Rali
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Интересна история,която ми напомня на Маас и "Дворовете "
°мαggιє°  (っ⚈ᴥ⚈)っ™
Vale does not act like an eons old high fae at all...more like a adolescent boy raging with hormones. The narration and diction is just juvenile in general and I found myself feeling like i was reading Sarah J Maas's A Court of Mist and Fury fanfiction. >_<
Aditi P
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 AMAZING STARS!

I was looking for a new fantasy series to read ever since I read The Cruel Prince in the Folk In The Air series by Holly Black (another great book).
This was my first book by May Sage and I’m so so glad I decided to pick this up.
The story mainly focuses on the a fictional land The Isle where there are two fae courts, the Seelie and the Unseelie.

Our main leads are Valerius Blackthorne (Vale) and Devira Star Rivers (Devi).

I’ll start off by saying I absolutely love Devi as a heroi
Kim
3 and 3/4 stars, rounded up. It would have been a solid 4 star book if the author hadn’t cheapened the storyline by explaining that the fae and elves that make up this world were actually created by aliens as a kind of alien-human hybrid, and that the rest of humanity was turned into zombies, but don’t worry they live on a different continent. Barf. Don’t try to rationalize how fae and elves are real by saying they used to be humans. Who were experimented on by mother freaking aliens. Totally to ...more
Megan Elyse
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
A very strong start to a series, really a 4.5.

There’s an urgent feeling of serious calamity that permeates the plot, and all the while a natural attraction between the main characters quickly strengthens- This is a great formula for an engaging read where the events in the world at large and in the character’s inner world are both equally dire and important.

The plot is straightforward and easy to understand: an epic fight for survival, the struggle for good to triumph over perceived evil, good
Katie Eloise
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t wait for the next book!

Just when you think May Sage can’t get any better this happens. What a great book!

This book gives a great background and I cannot wait for the next instalment. There’s even a mention of ‘The Age of Gold’ and ‘The Age of Kings’, two other excellent tales from May. This is very much a beginnings book and though is isn’t a cliffhanger ending in the sense of ‘you can’t leave them there, what happens next’ the story is just beginning so if you’re as impatient as I you
Aisha Cepeda
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: needs-a-review
Personally I loved this book and it was very hard for me to put it down. I love the fact that something new is always around the corner. You think you finally know what going on but than a new piece is added to the puzzle which than of course changes the whole game so now your back to square one and I just love it.

With this read you get a nice slow burn romance but at the same time the Roma e is not the main reason your so hooked onto the book. Each character that is introduced I feel like coul
Theresa
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great start to a series!

This is another engrossing read from May Sage! It sucked me in, and the characters are great! Complicated and full of secrets. The main characters are complex, and I look forward to seeing more of them in future installments. A book of high fantasy, with good world-building and plenty of colorful characters. The main couple have really good chemistry, and I'm very excited to see more of them.

My only complaint about this book is that it is only the first in a series, so
Samantha
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a new trilogy by May Sage, and it was amazing! Devi and Vale are the two main characters, and they bring so much to the story. Their banter and playfulness toward each other make them an excellent duo. I also loved all the twists and turns the book took! It made for a very exciting read.
My reason for taking a star is because I felt like some parts of the book were rushed. I love fantasy with lots of detail and world building, and some parts just needed more detail to m
Naia Pard
In search of a good fae story? Well, look no further 'cause this is checking all the right boxes. You have a dark prince, a queen with tremendous power and a lead female with attitude, ways to defend herself and a mind of her own.
The writing is pristine, the author is doing an excellent job of "getting to the point". There aren't too long descriptions or recounters of events that have no real impact on the plot's development. Everything goes smooth.
It's definitely an interesting series, relaxing
Mary
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Home run!! As alwayss.. don't miss out!

Just when you think this is a simple run of the mill fea type of story.. BAM!! Ms Sage throws ou for a loop. Nothing is typical!! She revamped the origin story of the fea. And she has tied it up with another of her prior books.. SPOILER. ALERT!! AT LEAST I THINK IT MIGHT BE!!!!

Scions -- if you read her other novel about 3 cousins? I think don't quote me it's been a while.. they have amazing powers and are tuning from scions .. her books are amazing. Hands d
Amanda
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Camille Hansen
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was a great read! Interesting from the beginning and really built great characters. Some aspects of it were predictable and similar to other fantasy books I’ve read however, it was still an amazing and interesting read for anyone who is a lover of fantasy books. There was great chemistry between Vale and Devi throughout the book however, I would have liked to see more character development of Kallan and his friendship with Vale. Overall, a great bit of escapism! Will be readi ...more
Michelle Harless
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Kindle Unlimited Read

Good world building. Great tension between the hero and heroine. Excellent mystery of who these characters really are. I will definitely read the next in the series. Plus, she tells the story in third person. Thank you May Sage. (I personally hate first person stories that many kindle unlimited authors use.)

If I was buying this book-4stars
Kindle Unlimited- 5 Stars
Dawn Siemer
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Epic Fantasy Romance

This is an epic fantasy with a strong heroine and bad boy (who is actually pretty nice) hero. There is a really nice balance of action and romance, and I enjoyed the whole thing despite a few typos.

This is the beginning of a series, and even though the characters aren't in a dire situation at the end, I will still call it a cliffhanger. I will definitely be reading the next book, and probably be reading other books by this author as well.
BookPages
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A surprising read

I was skeptical of this book at first because I had read some bad reviews but was pleasantly surprised. I shouldn’t have been surprised because so far all of Sage’s books have been phenomenal. The story is well written, the plot progresses well( a little slow for me personally) but it has a lot of back story written that will set book two up to be good. The description of the lands and buildings is wonderful.
Suez
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hold on as this story transports you into a world you’ll never forget as it takes you on a wild rollercoaster journey .. adventure, excitement, action and magic. I definitely enjoyed the fun, witty banter between Vale and Devi. I can’t wait for the next instalment in this absolutely riveting series!!
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy
Amanda Gibson
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is SO amazing!! The characters are well-developed and the action is non-stop! It grabs you from the first page and doesn't let go, even when the book ends. I can't wait to see where this series is heading! There is also some hilarious moments. For those who like quick wit and strong females-this is an absolute must read!
Naomi Powell
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This has a cliffhanger

If you love May Sage this is another great setup to a series book. It does have a cliff hanger but I don’t mind that. If you don’t like them, read other books by her and come back when this is finished you will start to enjoy cliff hangers just to read her content.
Lynn Novi
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Fae!

I couldn't put this book down. It was exciting from the prologue. I love strong female characters and she gives the Fae Prince a run for his money. Great humor, unexpected twists and turns, and you gotta throw in some major sexual tension. I'm out to download the next book so I can procrastinate more life!
Liz
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous first installment!!

I'm traveled that I knew this was book one and would end on a cliffhanger, because OMG I was hooked from the beginning!
Devin and Vale are fascinating, interesting characters and an interesting couple. The world May has created is clear, but we are it only as the story develops. I really can't wait for book 2!
Helen Wawrejko
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Throne of the overking

Epic fantasy, well written, likeable characters, great worldbuilding. Devi has unimaginable powers. Valerias, the son of the queen, powerful in his own right are thrust into a war by power hungry fae. War has begun and these two travel a path to set the right heir on the overking throne. Thang you KU for this book.
Precious
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars for this adult fantasy.

I say adult because, yes there is swearing, lewd remarks, and sexual references. But it’s more than that. It is a fantasy with fae, elves, and other magical creatures. A feisty heroine (my favorite) and an arrogant but protective love interest, that don’t lose their minds over each other like some romances. Solid read if you need something new but familiar.
Glennys Leger
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!!!!

I absolutely love everything that Ms. Sage comes up with and this is no exception!! It was so engaging and even though she uses ideas or characters like elves and the fae, she does it in a totally different and fascinating way.. I can’t wait for the next 2 books in the series..
P
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Song of Night by May Sage: ***** loving this series!
Great storyline, with a looming war, an unexpected traitor, a developing love story, and lots of surprises. This story is well written, with a good pace, and likable and well developed characters. I’m excited for part 2 in this series!
Laurencia
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great take on familiar myths

Loved the new take on zombies, elves, fae and aliens. Sounds crazy but it makes for a great story and fantastic world building. Can't wait to see what's next.
msbutton
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the two leads....made the confusing world easier to work thru as I focussed on the main well written and rad af 2 characters. Seriously have no clue whose what..and whose a god, Demi, overlord doo dad...who cares...great read.
Cassie Cassidy
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 2018
I randomly came across this on KU and I was hooked within the first few chapters. I stayed up all night reading the first and second books of this series, and I can’t wait til the final book is released. Now I’m off to see what other books May Sage has on KU!
  • The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls (Iron Seas, #4.6; Kraken King, #6)
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 2 (The Darkest Frost, #2)
  • Rising from the Depths (The Kraken, #5)
  • Pride to Pack (Mount Roxby, #1)
  • The Alpha's Debt (The Alpha's Destiny, #1)
  • Blood, Body and Mind (Aaron's Kiss, #1)
  • McAlistair's Fortune  (Providence, #3)
  • Lover of Thorns and Holy Gods (Wraith Kings; Master of Crows, #1.1, #1.7)
  • Hidden (Hidden Trilogy, #1)
  • Temptation of the Butterfly (Zhang Dynasty, #2)
  • Veins of Magic (The Otherworld, #2)
  • Prisoner of Silk (Queen of the Sun Palace, #1)
  • The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)
  • Seasons of Sorcery: A Fantasy Anthology
  • Twist of Fate (Circle of Spies, #3)
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)
  • To Caress a Demon's Soul (Love and Magic, #1.5)
  • Rogue's Paradise (Covenant of Thorns, #3)
Once Upon A Time, there was a little girl who just loved telling her own stories. Fast-forward about seventeen years? Not a lot of change, there.

My mother's collection of novels extends to three rooms, the stepfather who raised me writes awesome short stories: really, I didn't have a choice, I caught a bug.

I absolutely love writing, and I thought it was past time I shared some of my work.

Right

Court of Sin (2 books)
  • Frostbound Throne: Song of Winter (Court of Sin, #2)