Start by marking “Star-Crossed (Cursed Hearts #1)” as Want to Read:
Star-Crossed (Cursed Hearts #1)

Star-Crossed (Cursed Hearts #1)

Skye Giovanni was seven years old the first time death came to her.

She has been haunted by visions of death since she was a child. It is her legacy and her curse.

What good is power when you have no control over it?

Detective Lucas MacConnell is being hunted.

Crime scenes with ritualistic murders are starting to pop up everywhere, and the only thing Lucas knows for sure is t

To ask other readers questions about Star-Crossed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star-Crossed

Bri-Anna
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received and ARC of this book and loved every second of it. There are twists and turns on every page. The authors do a great job of making you feel like you are apart of the action. This book also has some pretty hilarious moments, I laughed out loud several times. I’m looking forward to the rest of this journey!! I have read all of Jessica Wayne’s novels but this is my first of Meg Anne. I am very excited to read her other books!!!
Jess Doerschuk
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Talavera
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
World building, Magical and awe-inspiring. All words I would use for this book. I loved this and I can't wait to see more from this duo. I love both authors independent work and this collab was amazing. I loved Skye and Lucas. Looking forward to more.
A
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars for a fantastic start to a new paranormal / urban fantasy series :) looking forward to future installments, more of my thoughts and opinions in my full review next week on the release day :)

edited to add my full review :)

I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) this is the first book in what I think will be a trilogy, but I’m not entirely sure about it, so please don’t quote me on that ;) but it definitely IS the first installment, so let’s focus on that part ;) it’s co-wri
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
The story starts off brilliantly. Within seconds I was captured watching a scene unfold in an art gallery and eagerly trying to solve the puzzle.

I immediately connected with Skye’s love of coffee, but what intrigued me was her visions.
At first, I found them hazy as I tried to picture it through her eyes. As the story progressed the imagery and detail came to life bringing clarity to it all. I love the way she interacts within her dreams. I don’t want to say more about that as I feel I would giv
Gina Burkart
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow i was hooked from the very first word tell the very ending. this was a hard to put down as i wanting to know what would happen next. this story is a amazing story that is written by two amazing authors and they wrote a amazing story.
Candyce Kirk
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Full review to come soon!
Heather
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was so alluring and captivating. The blurb pulled me right in, if I didn't have to work I would've finished it in one sitting! This book was filled with so much action, suspense, and so many twists and turns. All of that would have been plenty for a great book but then you add in the fantasy and the amazing characters and the slow-burn romance between Skye and Lucas; that's just a recipe for an amazing and successful book.

Both authors did a fantastic job of making the book read as
Meleaha Howard
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story of magic and gypsies. Skye is a gypsy seer, only she sees nothing but death. Lucas is a police detective, he doesn't believe in magic and things like that. From the moment they meet, their lives are intertwined. Can they manage to stay alive long enough to explore their intense connection?
Thea Butler
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magic, mystery, romance, druids, and seers! A page turner! One of those books that draws you in until you lose track of time. Can't wait to read book two!
Carla
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Druids, Seers, and Magic, Oh My!

What an awesome introduction to a world filled with danger and the supernatural! I was drawn into this story from beginning to end so much so that the rest of the world just melted away! Lucas and Skye are amazing characters, and I dare you not to fall in love with them! I held my breath with ever passing chapter hoping they would be victorious in their fight against evil!

While I have read (and loved) The Chosen series by Meg Anne, this is my first time reading an
Wanda Siesicki
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a fantastic story. I was up until the wee hours of the morning because I didn't want to put this book down. I can't wait for the next book to see what else happens to these couples. Great coordination by these two authors. The story was so seamless that you can't tell that it was written by two authors.
Kristy
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC and was hooked from the first page! All the surprises kept coming and it was a fun read. Can’t wait for the next one! I need to know what happens next!!!
Reading with 2 book lovers
I highly enjoyed skyes character and all the twists and turns in this story. This book isnt my usual type and I was surprised I enjoyed it so much.
Book Addict
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I did not know what to expect from this book, however, once I started reading I was fully invested in Skye and Lucas and the amazing world that Meg and Jessica created. You can just feel the sizzling heat coming off the pages between Skye and Lucas and the sweet connection between Lizzy and James is fun to read. This book is full of twists and turns, evil, magic, romance and mystery! I am excited to see what happens in book two - highly recommended exciting new book by the talented Meg Anne and ...more
Diana Rose
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be honest with you, I could not put this book down. I read three or four chapters a day. Reading this book has been shocking to me in unexpected ways. Lucas and Skye are both different, so different from each other that no one could ever imagine that they could fit together. Lucas is a detective and Skye is an awesome artist. Their lives could not be more different. But somehow throughout the book, their destinies merge together.

Skye is determined to help Lucas solve a crime and along the wa
Jacqui Norris
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait to go to Ireland. Star Crossed is the first in the series Cursed Hearts from Meg Anne. The story follows Skye and Lucas as they are thrown together unexpectedly after crime scenes start popping up around their town.
Skye Giovanni is a seer. She has the ability to see peoples deaths. Her first vision happened when she was very young. It has scarred her for life and she makes it her mission to not let anyone into her life. That is until she meets Detective Lucas MacConnell at one of he
Atlanta Whitlock
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read books written by both of these authors and I know how extremely talented they are, so when I heard that they would be doing a book together I was really excited as they both have very different styles of writing so I knew it would be interesting to see how well their writing combined together. After reading this book I have to say that this was written amazingly and that their writing styles suited each other really well. For the first time in a while this was the first book that I p ...more
Polly Barreto
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gypsies, Druids and Magic….Oh My!

What an awesome book to start off a series! I was drawn into this book from the first page. Skye and Lucas meet at an art party and their lives will be forever changed

Skye Giovanni, is an artist and a gypsy seer that can see people’s death. She keeps people at a distance, as a touch from them, may or may not cause her to have a vision.

Lucas MacConnell is a police detective that cannot wrap is mind around the belief of gypsies, druids, and magic. He is trying to s
Kimberly J Bieniek
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amy Harrison
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fleur
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Some times co written books work and other times they don't and I m glad to say it definitely work with this book, also the way magic is addressed is great and refreshing compared to some other books I have recently read. I really liked Lucas and Skye as they are outwardly 2 very different people ie Lucas is fairly black and white with his way of life and Skye is more colourful with hers, yet once they are thrown together under less than ideal conditions they find they actually have somethings i ...more
Shelly Wygant
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and can't wait for the next one. Next one soon please?!?!?

We meet Skye and Lucas. Skye has visions of death and I will say kudos to the authors because when she had a vision they wrote it so realistic you felt like you were right there in the middle of the vision. Lucas sees Skye and is interested but soon she is right in the middle of this latest investigation. Will the two of them figure out the murders?

This was a awesome read full of magic, murder, action, angst, suspense, d
Teri
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great start for this exciting series. I was hooked from the first page and had a blast, no pun intended. These two authors I have completely enjoyed separately have teamed up to bring a great story filled with excitement and action, magic and mystery. Of yes and of course he plans on being immortal. OK and yes there are a few things that have come up that make this a major problem for them but oh what a journey it will be for us. This is not a standalone so don't fuss you have been warned ...more
Jackie
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Read with Kindle Unlimited.
4 & 1/2 stars rounded up.
I really enjoyed this book, it moved a bit slow at first, but built up steam & kept me up too late. The world building is a build as you read type of thing, since the characters are learning as you are, so it's got a lot of mystery tied into the story. There were a few predictable things & plenty of not predictable things going on in the book, the unpredictable was enough to keep my attention glued. I liked Skye & Lucas. The che
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
NOOOOOOOOOO! Why why why did it have to end like that! Omg I was so sucked in and then boom now I have to wait, but knowing these two amazing writers I know it’s going to be worth it!

From the very beginning this book captures you within its web trying to piece it all together along with the characters! With each page turn I found myself on edge waiting for the dark to strike! Each time these amazing characters found a way to survive but is their time coming to end?

Aaaahhhh I am in love with Sk
Laura LoveMuffin
You DON'T want to miss Skye and Lucas's story!

This is such a griping and fascinating start to a new series! These two authors writing styles are so complimentary I honestly couldn't tell where one left off and the other began, which is often not the case. Skye and Lucas have amazing chemistry but neither is quite prepared for the other, not to mention the evil Druid they have to take on. I was on the edge of my seat through the entire book and I'll be biting my nails waiting for more!
Lisa Marie Barrera
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! Meg Anne & Jessica Wayne are New Authors for me and They had me at the Very Beginning of STAR-CROSSED! It was such a page turned that I Could Not Put It in Down and devour it!! I loved the Rollercoaster ride of TWISTS AND TURNS INTO the UNKNOWN of Mysterious Magic. Let's Not forget the steamy hot Chemistry between the two characters Skye & Lucas! CANNOT WAIT TO read the second book of this Series!!
Heather
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Star Crossed follows Skye, a gypsy seer and Lucas a detective and unbeknownst to him also a Druid. A Druid is hunting Lucas and his sister, Lizzie, as well as setting his sites in Skye. Skye has the ability to see other people’s deaths before they happen but has never had the ability to stop them. We see Lucas, Skye and Lizzie scrabbling to keep ahead of the Druid and stay alive. Enjoyed the book and got quickly sucked into the story. Can’t wait for the follow up.
Izzybear
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Star-Crossed. It’s wonderfully written. From the moment I started reading Lucas and Skye’s story it just sucked me in. It kept me on my the edge of my seat constantly trying to figure out what was going to happen next. I loved the mystery, suspense and magic. Although their story ends in a cliffhanger it’s definitely worth reading. Just be prepared to have a book hangover. I’m counting down the days until the next book comes out.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Meg Anne has always had stories running on a loop in her head. They started off as daydreams about how the evil queen (aka Mom) had her slaving away doing chores; and more recently shifted into creating backgrounds about the people stuck beside her during rush hour. The stories have been there, they were just waiting for her to tell them.

Like any true SoCal native, Meg enjoys staying inside curled