Start by marking “Rebel Heart” as Want to Read:
Rebel Heart

Rebel Heart

She wants to see him get wild and he thinks she needs Jesus.

Published July 26th 2018 (first published July 25th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel Heart

Start your review of Rebel Heart
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Rebel Heart is my first read from L.K Farlow and one I was really excited for. I loved the idea of the rebel girl with the nice guy and that's what drew me to the book. Abby Jane and Brock gave me exactly what I was looking for and I really enjoyed seeing their differences come together. I found their story intriguing and couldn't wait to see how it was going to turn out.

As much as I found it to be interesting, there were still tim
Katerina
Nov 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Crap, very N/A and just cringey.

They were best friends.
He found out his dick existed and just let loose.
They kinda separated because she was her own person/emoish and started to hate that he didn’t stick up for her etc.
Then some tutoring business caused them to reacquaint and they end up liking each other.
He has an abusive dad who has the whole “you’re going to do this son or else”
Some dumb drama to reach us to the climax.
Me: I was bored. Fell asleep. Got up. Read a li
Ally.Always.Reads
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 *Wild* Stars
This is a book for everyone.... well, everyone of appropriate age.
It's got hate. It's got love. It's got laughter.
It's got a spunky, pink-haired vixen and a straight-laced stud with a killer swing.
AJ and Brock are fun, flirty, and they make this just an all around fantastic read!

I have to be honest and say that I was a little hesitant coming into this one for two reasons... one, rom-coms aren't always a homerun for me. I want to LOVE every rom-
Coco.V
Feb 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/8/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
She wants to see him get wild and he thinks she needs Jesus.

When AJ Adams is coerced into tutoring Brock Larson, she can’t help but wonder what she’s done to deserve such an epic punishment. He’s the very definition of an All-American good boy—and a total kiss ass. He’s the perfect son, the perfect student, and according to rumor, by far the best golfer the university has ever seen. Puh-lease. If he’s so perfect, why does he
Joy Novel Thoughts
Rebel Heart has spunk unlike anything we have seen from LK Farlow yet! A.J. and Brock burn so hot for each other and I couldn't get enough of them!

What I love about Rebel Heart is that, as it's tag line states, is not your typical jock / tutor romance! Abby Jane and Brock have this past together and it's obvious that AJ isn't fully over it and that's where the real fun begins. I love when a characters mind tells them one thing but, their body.. their body! is telling yes! The push an
Paula
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautifully written story of two college kids who reunite. AJ (Abby Jane) & Brock grew up together & were best friends. At 5 yrs old, Brock said he would marry AJ when they grew up, however, around preteen years (I think 14-15), hormones stepped in for Brock & he found "girls" which caused him to drift apart from AJ. They meet up again in college when he needs a tutor and she steps in to fill that role reluctantly.

At first, these two are enemies (well... mostly AJ 'cause
Mandie
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 5-star
This was such a fun read! I could not get enough of AJ and Brock! Seriously! I felt like I was there with them! I had so emotions going on while reading this story, I just couldn’t put it down!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

AJ and Brock get along like a house on fire. Seriously those two are combustible in all the good ways. She doesn’t budge, and she knows what she wants and goes for it with gusto while Brock is very straight and narrow and acquiesces to the path his father sets him on. What could go wrong?

Abby Jane has ditched high society for the life of a college stu
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

***4.5 Stars***

L.K. Farlow is starting to become a staple in my reading life. When I first read the blurb for Rebel Heart, I knew I needed Abby Jane and Brock's story and I needed it now!

This book...GAH! I cannot put into words how I felt about this story and these characters. Brock is a cocky egotistical jock who is in dire need of tutoring. With his life decisions set in stone, he can't afford to screw up. Enter Abby Jane, a sweet innocent girl from Brock's past...only now Miss. Abby Jane isn't so sweet and innoc
Alex ♈
Melanie (mells_view)
New adult, best friends to enemies to lovers.

This was a good read. I was looking for steamy, new adult, with college sports. This was more... best friends to enemies to lovers new adult. Still an enjoyable read. Liked the characters and their story. It was quick and enjoyable.
Lisa Mandina
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once I picked this one up, I read it almost straight through in a 24-hour period, interruptions of course by work, driving to and from work, etc. I stayed up late to read it and could barely put it down when I was on break at work. It was a fun, sexy read. I love that Schmidt was a favorite character on the show New Girl, since he is my favorite as well.

Abby Jane, or AJ as she prefers to go by, had one of the most hilarious best friends possible, Stacia, which you can get a glimpse of in the ex
Rejane
Nov 07, 2018 marked it as not-interested
I read the blurb and didn't like it. I won't even bother to read reviews
Christy Bailey
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
😊

This was such a cute fun book! It was a breath of fresh air and beautifully written. It's a quick read but man it was great! Most books you read are about the bad boy/good girl but the roles were reversed in this book. Also I think this is the first book I've read that the sport of choice is golf. Who would of ever thought golf could be so HOT? Definitely not me but this was great! I loved it And the chemistry between Abby and Brock was off the charts!
Kayla Brunson
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018, romance, arc
"Because at age five, over mud pies, I decided Abby Jane would be my wife."

LK has done it again! I was so happy to see that she coming out with a standalone. Her Southern Roots series was awesome and I'm glad to see she brought her humor out here. I was laughing so much while reading this. These two had chemistry and I couldn't get enough of reading about them. These two were friends when they were younger but ended up going different ways once high school because of an issue. Abby Jane always hel
Richelle Robinson
I really love second chance romances. Especially ones where the main characters were best friends growing up. Then if you really want to reel me in you have them not like each other and add some tension along the way. So with that being said this is what I got when I read “Rebel Heart” by LK Farlow and I enjoyed the ride.

Aj and Brock used to be best friends growing up but things changed and several years later they are forced to reunite and neither one of them are happy. I loved the underlying
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
I definitely recommend this amazing 4 star read to all romance lovers! Farlow is a favorite author of mine and I sat down to read this and literally finished it in just a matter of a few hours. AJ and Brock’s characters are absolutely addictive and I couldn’t get enough of them! What are you waiting on? Grab this one now!

*This book was purchased by me for my personal collection. All opinions, negative or positive, are my own.*
Hot KU Romance-Dani
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gosh....This book y’all!!! I have completely fallen in love with it and at this point I really just wish it could go on FOREVER!! When I tell you LK Farlow’s writing always, and I mean Always pulls me in and captivates my heart. Every. Single. Time.

Rebel Heart is extremely unique, hilarious and fun as hell! I devoured every word and laughed until my stomach was in knots. It’s packed to the brim with great scenes that will keep you completely consumed. It’s light hearted, it’s swoony and has a v
Love N. Books
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ellie's $0.02

This was my first Farlow read and I can't say I was disappointed in the slightest.

It was a new spin on the opposites attract and when I read about the jock getting tutored, my mind automatically thought football jock. Yess... it was an uptight golfer instead! I could definitely picture four popped polo collars while reading about Brock. AJ is a fiery salty spitball heroine and your mind may fight her pink hair and tattoos with Brock's pink polo
Liz
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rebel Heart by L.K. Farlow is a story of second chances with a whole lot of hate/love and lots of laughs! And we all now the thin line between love and hate! The good guy and the rebel girl, what could go wrong, right?

Brock is the guy that does what is right and follows all the rules. His future is set for him. AJ pushes all the boundaries and takes no prisoners. She is living her life her way. While they were once friends that was a long time ago. But now Brock needs a tutor and somehow AJ fin
Jessica Cox
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five heartwarming, couldn't get enough of stars. This read was just what I needed, the characters are Amazeballs, I am head over heels crushing on AJ, She totally gave me a lady boner. I aspire to be her , her style and rough exterior is so BadAss. On the inside she still just a girl crushing on a guy who previously hurt her. Seriously loving her no filter, and take no Shit attitude.
This is a almost second chance at love story that is sucked me in. AJ and Brock grew up together and thought they
Megan Green
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
I fell in love with LK Farlow's Southern Roots series and couldn't wait to see what else she had in store for us. And she completely knocked it out of the park. I absolutely adored these characters. Abby Jane was such a kick ass girl, and Brock balanced her out perfectly. I've said it before, but LK Farlow writes characters you can't help but want to be friends with. She's quickly become one of my top favorite authors, and at this point, I'm willing to read her grocery lists while I wait for the ...more
Kim  Brewing
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a first time read of this author for me and I have to say I really really enjoyed it.

Appearances can be everything, but they can also hide a lot if you look past them. I think that's the message I'm taking from the story. I loved that AJ and Brock had history and were given the chance to reconnect, something one wants and the other doesn't. Can the pain and mistakes of the past be overlooked for a chance at a future or will plans put in motion by others take even that opportu
Anna
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is a hole in one!!

Loved, loved, loved this book!!

AJ (Abby Jane) is sassy, independent, smart, and knows what she wants, even if it doesn't fit what tradition says.

Brock is a seeming jock who is trying to fit into the plans his father has for him. He's also hot and not quite as manageable as his father wishes.

AJ was his best friend once. And fate has brought them together again. She shakes up his world.

Sweet, steamy, a little drama, but it all leads to a HEA.
Heather M. Orgeron
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rebel Heart is unlike anything you've read from Mrs. Farlow thus far and it too is incredible. This chick really can do it all. The banter and chemistry between Abby Jane and Brock Larson are everything I love in a novel. I didn't think it was possible to love Kate's writing more, but Rebel Heart is my new LK favorite! Trust me when I say this romantic comedy has it all and it's one you definitely do not want to miss.
The Book Lover
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and spunky something different to read if you're interested in a second chance story
Andrea
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rebel Heart was a fun and sweet enemies to lovers romance that made me smile and swoon all at once. AJ and Brock have amazing chemistry and their banter is spot on.
Yessi Smith
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Equal parts sexy and funny, Rebel Heart was a fun journey and fantastic book. Farlow hooked me from page one and before I knew it, I was falling hard for Brock.
Robyn
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Jockstrap Stars
Michelle Monroe
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a quirky and sexy novella! I love that it’s not your typical jock story. No nerd meets jock here. No, you get a feisty, tattooed, pink haired spitfire and a golf jock.

I’ve never read a book about golfers before. Who knew that the boring game of golf could be so sexy and thrilling!? (Well, besides this author lol) I mean, never thought about the tight pants and tight polo shirt before. Watching the muscles in their back, their arms as they swing that golf club. Yum! This might b

• Pour Judgment
  • Breaker
  • Riske and Revenge
  • The Hold Out (Brewer Brothers, #2)
  • I Bet You
  • The Game (The Carolina Connections #4)
  • Most Desirable Player
  • Bashful
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse)
  • Doppelbanger
  • The Dugout (Brentwood Baseball, #2)
  • One Shameless Night: A Stand Alone Enemies To Lovers Single Dad Romance (The West Sisters Novel Book 2)
  • Big Player (a sexy sports romantic comedy) (Size Matters Book 3)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • The Wrong Game