Start by marking “The Book of Beautiful Questions: The Powerful Questions That Will Help You Decide, Create, Connect, and Lead” as Want to Read:

From the bestselling author of A More Beautiful Question, hundreds of big and small questions that harness the magic of inquiry to tackle challenges we all face--at work, in our relationships, and beyond.

When confronted with almost any demanding situation, the act of questioning can help guide us to smart decisions. By asking questions, we can analyze, learn, and move
Published October 30th 2018 by Bloomsbury Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Beautiful Questions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Beautiful Questions

Start your review of The Book of Beautiful Questions: The Powerful Questions That Will Help You Decide, Create, Connect, and Lead
Kristen
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book that should be a high school or college required reading to help find peoples passions and curiosities.
Danilo Weiner
O autor escolheu um tema legal, importante e que realmente pode mudar os nossos modelos mentais para resolver problemas. Dito isso, o livro começa bem, cria uma divisão interessante de capítulos que parecem endereçar frentes diversas, mas em algum ponto lá pela metade começa a ficar um pouco chato de ler. Não sei se acontece aquela forçada de conteúdo que alguns livros técnicos geralmente apresentam ou se o tema se esgota e o conteúdo muda pouco entre os capítulos, o ponto é que meu entusiasmo ...more
Dan Connors
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-books
This book is a follow-up to Mr. Berger's popular book, A More Beautiful Question. It's an excellent dive into the power of open and closed questions to stimulate ideas, deepen relationships, and solve problems. Everybody wants to pretend they have all the answers and many are afraid of asking questions for fear of looking weak. The author goes into great detail about the many ways that questions can bring people, ideas and solutions out into the open from their hiding places.

Mr. Berger knows his
Pete Wung
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a big fan of Warren Berger’s work after I first read his book: A More Beautiful Question when it first came out. I had picked it up at the venerable Politics and Prose Bookstore in Washington DC on a whim, the title just sounded interesting. It never occurred to me that this serendipitous act was going to change my perspective on many things: convinced me of the efficacy using questioning as a way to test my thinking; clear up how I perceive my thinking; and in many ways it made me ...more
Nathan Albright
I get the distinct feeling in reading this book that the author thinks his questions are a lot more beautiful than I do. That is not to say that there is a lot to appreciate and enjoy about the book, because there is, but there is a certain smarminess and mendacity about this book that just reeks of someone who thinks that they are impartial and fair-minded when they are not. Of course, the author is a frequent writer for the New York Times, which suggests that his problematic tone was formed ...more
Michelle Jerome
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How will this book affect my life?

This book is one of the best books this rebel soul has ever read. I have always had a curious mind and this book brought out the beautiful curiosity of questions that can only enhance my relationships at work, with friends, and with woes.

Are you interested in Motivational Interviewing? This book is a great enhancement tool.

I can’t recommend it enough.
Kristen Mastel
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This should be required reading for all high school seniors or freshmen. It brings curiosity and thoughtfulness to the forefront to encourage everyone to become engaged and never stop questioning the world... this is what drives innovation and ideas.
Jaron Dunford
1 Main takeaway: Critical thinking. It's good to look at the other side of your opinions. Ask questions. It's through that method that you deepen understanding.

A binary decision is an answer to a closed question. We may choose to frame a decision in a binary yes/no or either/or terms because it limits the choices we must consider, it makes it easier to decide. People who have difficult questions often answer and easier one instead without realizing it. A difficult question might be 'I'm having
Nick
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The book's key point is that questions are good. They cause you to be thoughtful and curious, leading to more creativity. I do not disagree with this point, although the book at times felt a bit long, reiterating the same point without adding anything new. The book was nice to read, but I would not necessarily recommend it.
Adam
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of Gems take from it what your ear picks up on. We live in a world our questions create!

"My ear picked up on"

I'm curious to know why your taking that approach?
I know we disagree but will you gamble with me on this?
All of us are smarter then any of us
Help me understand
What are you working on now that your most excited about?
How might I make tomorrow visible?
Release your inner Steve Jobs by asking visionary questions
How can we become the company that would put us out of business?
What truly
Lance Eaton
Berger's new book follows in the same vein as his previous (A More Beautiful Question) by providing readers with a series of exercises and justifications around the different ways to get to more meaningful questions. Berger's core point is that questions are the life-blood of new ideas, human connections, and understanding. The more we can get into the habit of asking good questions, the more-rewarding experience we can find with our loved ones, family, friends, work, and yes, even total ...more
Lucas Miller
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This five stars is for the genre of "leadership books that someone had to read for a company retreat."

I was skeptical coming into this. I've been reading books in the "Leadership studies" genre recently and usually determine that they are powerpoint presentations that got unnecessarily expanded into a book.

The culture of inquiry that Berger puts forth was more captivating and felt more practical than the other systems I've encountered recently. The leadership chapter and conclusion, basically
Amie
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Too Good to Read Only Once

Every now and then I read a book that is so full of rich material, that as I read I have to actively restrain myself from highlighting nearly every word. Because, of course, highlighting every word is as useless as highlighting nothing.
This is such a book.
Curiosity and inquisitiveness are so under-rated and so essential to, well, everything worthwhile. Whether you are engaged in business, raising a family, falling in love or trying to be have more fun at cocktail
Renee Liu
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
I certainly have learned a lot from this book. Essentially, this book made a great point on why asking questions is essential in every aspect of life. My understanding is that asking questions is an active practice that connects us back to our inner most desire from our childhood -- that is -- to connect and understand anything but oneself.

Asking questions is a very attentive acts that itself needs creativity and thoughtfulness. We ask questions to others and ourselves because the ultimate goal
Adam
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the main point of this book is that the quality of your answer will be determined by the quality of your question. I think that's an important concept, and I found myself pausing on several of the questions and thinking about them in my life. However, the majority of the book I flipped through, as it felt like a lot of fluff. Perhaps the book was designed to be flipped through and provide a few thought-provoking questions at the right time. If that's the case, it succeeded.
Miri Niedrauer
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
An excellent book that encourages the reader to strive to live a curiosity-based life. The book suggests questions, for every area of life, that challenge one’s way of thinking, as well as recommending strategies to learn how to constantly question everything - one’s beliefs, motives, purpose, etc.

In world where people are quick to be offended by a mere difference of opinion, many would benefit by reading and taking to heart the strategies presented here.
Nicole
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is best to be owned or at least read digitally to keep your notes with the items in the book!

Pro tip - there is a list of the questions in the back as well as some other questions from the book on line!

Lots of interesting ways to look at life, work, the world and yourself! Definitely should take the time to think about what your are reading, and answer with your truth!
Fred Rose
I have a short list of books I refer to regularly in course and workshop design. This book is going on that list. It's a great combination of theory and literature review and good solid practical advice and lists of questions to use in different situations. It references techniques I already use and work well, so that also gives credibility to the author's curation. Great book.
Christina Karvounis
4.5 stars.
If you are a peer leader, collaborative leader or desire to be a leader, this is a must-read. No soft jargon here—just the real deal on improving questions and question strategies to improve your work. So good. I’ll be referring back to this many times and recommending!
Courtney
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-review-crew
This book was fantastic. It is so easy to read and I honestly believe it can give people some wonderful insight into how to not only question the world, but themselves as well. It's definitely a book to keep on your shelf and refer to multiple times. Great book!
James
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful, but absolutely no fun to read.

The questions are good, but not revelatory. I don't know that I got anything out of reading this. It isn't that I disagree with creating a questioning culture at work. That's fine. It just failed to resonate, I guess.

Overall, not that great of a read.
Awortwi Dzimah
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can now claim the title of questionologist . A very deep thought-provoking work by Warren Berger. I actual first heard about Warren when doing searches online for more of such fun after reading Frank Sesno's *Ask More*. These are books to keep for life, to be used as every day companions. ...more
Jaan Liitmäe
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice surprise - good examples and logical structure of the subject.
Steve
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An informative look at how the right questions can invoke conversation, help with decision-making & becoming a better employee or leader. Recommended read to expand your view on conversations.
Jessica F
Oh my. Lots more food for thought!
Jaime
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read and thought provoking book. It not only poses questions but discussing why they are important. A good book especially for someone who feels stuck in a rut.
Troy Gonsalves
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written guide to uncovering ones purpose, passions and creative ability.
Anthony Cleveland
Jun 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
O.K. Book. Easy to read but conclusions are not grounded in empirical evidence. Self.help books are not my “thing”.
Edelhart Kempeneers
Stel alles, ook jezelf, in vraag. Gebruik open vragen. Interessant boek.
Lisa
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-riot-2019
It's a new perspective to frame statements into questions. The book could have been shorter, but I'm glad I read it.

• How to Have Impossible Conversations: A Very Practical Guide
  • The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters
  • SuperBetter: A Revolutionary Approach to Getting Stronger, Happier, Braver and More Resilient - Powered by the Science of Games
  • Deviate: The Science of Seeing Differently
  • Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World
  • Unlocking Leadership Mindtraps: How to Thrive in Complexity
  • The Story of Human Language
  • The Laws of Human Nature
  • It's the Manager: Gallup finds the quality of managers and team leaders is the single biggest factor in your organization's long-term success.
  • Accelerate: Building Strategic Agility for a Faster-Moving World
  • The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power
  • Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth
  • Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything
  • Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers
  • No Hard Feelings: The Secret Power of Embracing Emotions at Work
  • Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers
  • The Great Mental Models: General Thinking Concepts
I’m an author and speaker on innovation, creativity, and the power of questioning. I invite fellow curious thinkers to join me in exploring the power of inquiry to spark breakthrough ideas on my questioning site. My latest book is THE BOOK OF BEAUTIFUL QUESTIONS, a follow up to the bestselling A MORE BEAUTIFUL QUESTION, both published by Bloomsbury Worldwide.