Start by marking “The Upward Spiral Workbook: A Practical Neuroscience Program for Reversing the Course of Depression” as Want to Read:

Positive life changes lead to positive brain changes. Drawing on the huge success of his groundbreaking book, The Upward Spiral, neuroscientist Alex Korb offers actionable, step-by-step skills to help you reshape your brain and create an upward spiral towards a happier, healthier life.

Depression is defined by a collection of symptoms. You feel crappy most of the time. Noth
Published April 1st 2019 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Upward Spiral Workbook, please sign up.
Keridwyn Deller I recommend the workbook. They are similar but the workbook is newer so has included more recent studies in addition to the content from the earlier b…moreI recommend the workbook. They are similar but the workbook is newer so has included more recent studies in addition to the content from the earlier book. The workbook stands on its own, you don't need both, and of course the workbook provides space to fill in your own responses and answers to Dr. Korb's prompts.(less)

Start your review of The Upward Spiral Workbook: A Practical Neuroscience Program for Reversing the Course of Depression
Holly
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I did not read the Upward Spiral book and as a result, I come to the Workbook with a “clean slate.” I can say that this workbook stands on its own in that everything is fully explained and complete. In other words, you won’t feel like you are missing anything if you have not read the book.

I was very impressed with the Upward Spiral Workbook for multiple reasons. First, I love the concept of an upward spiral because it so aptly describes the process of recovering from depression. It is important
Keridwyn Deller
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had read the book version of The Upward Spiral in 2017 and have applied some learnings to my own work with myself as well as work with some clients. It was nice to revisit the approachable neuroscience and the suggested tools in this workbook edition. The workbook stands on it's own, which is a nice gift from the author. ...more
Madison MacGregor
Although I have read this book in its entirety, I keep coming back to it. The lessons and applications feel timeless. Thank you Dr. Korb for taking something complex and making it actionable.
Trina
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book in an unedited advanced reader copy from Netgalley.
The Upward Spiral Workbook is such a helpful format and clear on concepts that I would use it for myself and for therapy clients. Alex Korb gives simple explanations of complex neurological systems. The book then breaks down all the different things that a person can take to make those neurological systems healthier into easy to manage and highly organized steps. I wanted something that would encourage motivation and activity.
Mary
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really interesting read with lots of good advice. I don't know how possible it is to do this and recover without professional help, but this is a more useful book than others I've read. ...more
Claudia Blanton
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Whenever I am picking up a workbook, I am looking for something that is actionable, and that right from the beginning. What I am not looking for is a standard non-fiction book, that contains some questions or activities laced throughout them. That to me defies the definition of a workbook.
This book is sadly, one of the latter.
While it contains a lot of information that is useful, it contains less actionable items, that I am used to or looking forward to when picking up a workbook.

Searching th
Sep 07, 2020
Ruxandra
Nov 30, 2019

• ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders
  • The Doctor’s Kitchen: Supercharge your health with 100 delicious everyday recipes
  • The Unofficial Guide to Radiology
  • The Adults
  • Trust Me, I'm a (Junior) Doctor
  • The Midnight Library
  • The Complex PTSD Workbook: A Mind-Body Approach to Regaining Emotional Control and Becoming Whole
  • The Madness of Crowds: Gender, Race and Identity
  • How Do We Know We're Doing It Right: & Other Essays on Modern Life
  • More Than a Woman
  • Agency (Jackpot #2)
  • Embrace Your Weird: Face Your Fears and Unleash Creativity
  • Am I Overthinking This?: Over-answering life's questions in 101 charts (Humor Books, Self Help Books, Books About Adulthood)
Alex Korb, PhD is a neuroscientist who has studied the brain for over fifteen years. Outside of the lab, he is a speaker, consultant, personal coach, and is also head coach of the UCLA Women’s Ultimate Frisbee team. He has a wealth of experience in yoga and mindfulness, physical fitness, and even stand-up comedy.