Start by marking “Rose (The Sister's Secrets #1)” as Want to Read:
Rose (The Sister's Secrets #1)

Rose

(The Sister's Secrets #1)

Life is not always as it seems on the surface…

Like everyone raised in the idyllic seaside town of The Burrow, the ocean played a large role in Rose Barros’ life. She lived her life to the rhythm of the tides until a near-death experience changed her love for the water to a soul-deep terror, driving a wedge between herself and her sister, Reen.

Now, the only thing threatenin
Kindle Edition
Published October 10th 2018 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rose

Lucy Banks
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

A sweet, engaging read - with a curious ending!

Well. There's an intriguing title... what sort of secrets were we talking here, I wondered? Romantic? Related to the family? Slightly supernatural? Turns out it's all three, to one extent or the other.

Rose Barros lives in a tight-knit community, where she's lived all her life. Although it's by the sea, she personally can't stand the water, after a traumatic incident that happ
Fiona Wilson
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, netgalley
Having read this author before I was intrigued by the synopsis of this book. Not only does she give us mystery, but she throws in mythology and a love story too.

Rose has a hard life between looking out for her mother and working. She doesn’t need any more stress, but that is exactly what she finds herself getting when she becomes embroiled in something she doesn’t understand. As she starts digging further, Rose discovers that she is more involved in the mystery than she first thought.

I loved the
Ashleyjayne
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the sisters secret which was very surprising, when I first started reading it I didn't think it was going to be a book I would enjoy and I was very surprised I really did enjoy it. The story is well written and from Rose's pov, I found it easy to follow and very intriguing that I kept want to know more so I kept flipping the pages. I can't believe the way it ended and can't believe I'm going to have to wait for the next book to continue but am really looking forward to it.

I rece
Adele Shea
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
When Rose witnesses a young girl throwing herself to the sea. She is desperate to find out who the girl is and did she survive. This sets off Roses reoccurring nightmare making Rose more determined to get closer.
An OK read.
Vivienne
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
My thanks to HQ Digital for an ARC of this novel via NetGalley.

Recently I have been seeking out novels with themes of sea lore and so its cover, along with those for the following books in the series, drew me to request it.

I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t fluff but dealt with serious themes such as the effects of trauma, loss and estrangement. There are light moments and romance to balance the darker aspects, which made me appreciate it more.

I felt a great deal of empathy for Rose and
Karen Whittard
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I throughly enjoyed this quirky read. When I first saw the book I thought that this was going to be a lighthearted read. Which in many respects it is. But there are some real issues written about in this book. Very sensitively and beautifully. But it is a more serious book then what the front cover portrays. I loved this book. I thought that it was fabulous. It escaped reality enough, but at the same time kept things very real and true to life. That you didn’t feel like the book was ridiculous. ...more
Lea
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Katlyn Duncan and Netgalley for a copy of this title.
When I first started reading this beautiful story I had no clue to what it was about. I hadn't even read the blurb. I am now glad I didn't. What an amazing little story. Loved it, loved it, loved it. And I will certainly be looking out for the next one.
Thank you Katlyn, it certainy isn't what it looks like on the surface.
Cheryl
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I got the notification for another of Katlyn's books, I was so excited. I really enjoyed her other novels and I was intrigued by the synopsis of The Sister's Secrets. While reading, I found myself engrossed in the beautiful town of The Burrow and the people in it. The book was a mix of mystery with some fantasy elements and I loved it. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Bobbi
Camille
Dec 02, 2018
Rose S
Dec 04, 2018
Coming from a small town in Western Mass, Katlyn Duncan always had her head in the clouds. Working as a scientist for most of her adult life, she enjoyed breaking down the hows and whys of life.

As a full-time author and freelance writer, she’s published eight novels in four years. If she’s not writing, she’s obsessing over many (many) television series’.

She currently resides in Southern New Engla

The Sister's Secrets (3 books)
  • Reen (The Sister's Secrets #2)
  • Pearl (The Sister's Secrets #3)