Start by marking “Mick: Kingston Corruption Book 1” as Want to Read:
Mick: Kingston Corruption Book 1

Mick: Kingston Corruption Book 1

In a city without justice, sometimes doing the wrong thing may be the right thing to do. Welcome to Kingston, a city of corruption, crime and greed.

Mick, now a fallen man, returns home after a tragic incident that haunts him. With the events of his past plaguing him he’s a broken man. Troubled by his memories, he knows that life will never be the same.

Alisa had her own ag

To ask other readers questions about Mick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mick

Na
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I was in her universe, the one that controlled and spurred more of my demons than I could ever hope to harness."

Well, what can I say about Mick? He's so similar to all the Lakefield Men we've already met, yet he's so much different. Mick's story is a lot darker, grittier than we are used to. This book is about corruption, power, greed, crazy and shady people as much as it is about falling in love withthe one person that can sooth your soul.

"He was both gentle and rough. Sweet and naugh
Jenn the Readaholic
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All I have to say is WOW. This book signals the start of a darker, grittier side to the author that is slightly reminiscent of Jay Crownover’s world in her Point books. We had it all here: corruption, rich men who think they’re more powerful than God, crazy people willing to do their bidding for a piece of the pie, and the men and women brave enough to start a war to take back a city full of greed from men shady enough to grow their own orchards.

Alisa and Mick grabbed me from the start and didn
Cait's Creatures
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Every time I read one of Jennifer’s books, I’m blown away. Truly. Reading the Lakefield series in succession, I saw Jennifer’s way with words go from great to amazing. In Mick I was left broken, with my pieces stitched back together, left hanging by a thread. I connected with Mick on a level I hadn’t with anyone in her other books. Although Brock will always be mine (hah S Van Horne had to give up her boys so I’m claiming him), Mick broke my heart.

We all got snippets of Mick in the last of the L
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book.
It's a little darker then Jennifer Vester's other books, but I loved it and her writing style
Carmen  Torres
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A broken man that just wants to be alone. They accidentally meet. She becomes his light. But will the powers that be let them have their happily ever after. He'll go down fighting to protect what's his. But will it be enough. Characters are wonderfully written a d the story captivated you from the first sentence. Excellent author. Can't wait for more!!!💖💖💖💖💖

|Comment| Permalink

Posting publicly as: CarmenFerrer-Torres

Insert product linkWhat's this?

Talk about why you like this review, or
Leslee
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mick doesn't know what he is going to do, all he knows is he can't be an FBI agent anymore. What he has seen and done has blackened his soul. He keeps to the shadows and returns to his hometown to figure out his next move. Dragged out to a local nightclub by his brother, he is stunned by a ray of sunshine named Alisa who drags him out of his depression. Determined to protect Alisa from the world, he cannot help but ask her out. When he finds out that darkness is surrounding her, he is obsessed w ...more
Heather Whitaker
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy freaking god! We meet Mick in the last book in the Lakefield series. You could just tell that his book was going to be grittier and darker than those.
With this being said I LOVE MICK! Hot Damn that man has it. The looks and definitely the alpha domineering demeanor that is freaking off the charts. The book starts off with Mick unsure of what he is going to do. He is kinda stuck in limbo with the actions that took place before he left the bureau. In walks Alisa the light to his very dark so
Tracey Vuolo
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Vester you have outdone yourself with this story! I thought it would be hard for you to top your Lakefield series but I was wrong! While everyone should read that series if they haven’t because it is fantastic, this book is a phenomenal start to a new series of corruption and greed that will change the way you think. It is gritty, dark and full of heat that stirs up all your emotions and you will love the ride Jen takes you on.

Ms. Vester is the queen of plot twists and just when you thi
Fleur
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Omg I freaking loved this book, Mick is dark and broody after his last case at the FBI crushed him, he moves back to his home to town and in with his brother Mason while he continues to drink himself into oblivion. Things change when his Dad Chief of Police tricks him into going to a crime scene, thats not the turning point its the girl he meets at the bar he goes to afterwards to have a drink with his brother. There he meets Alisa and while trying to scare her of what can be lurking out there h ...more
Tania
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was extraordinary and it blew me away. When the author announced that readers should expect something different from this book I was looking forward to it. I never expected how much I would love this book. Mick is darker than her previews books but it is so good. I was only supposed to read a chapter of it but I spent all night reading this book. Running on two hours of sleep was exhausting but it was worth it. Mick was such a strong hero. After leaving the FBI he returns home. Mick wi ...more
Teri
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mick never pretended to be a nice guy, tried to scare er off and let her know it was best but it was too late. The line had been crossed and there was no turning back. Things were no longer black and white they had crossed into enemy territory and it was on. Alisa was a King after all and that should make a difference. These two and their stories. I love this author and the characters she sets loose on us. They are characters with issues and emotions and it just makes for good gritty reading esp ...more
Missy
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading The Lakefield Series, Mick goes in a totally new direction. Jennifer takes us on a dark and twisted roller coaster of a ride.
After Mick leaves the FBI he gets more lost in his life and turns from the good man he was to one who indulges in a corrupt and unlawful way. Whatever happened to him turned his life totally around and now he thinks he doesn’t deserve anyone or anything good.
Alisa just home from college meets Mick and knows he is for her. No matter who or what he does or is
NaeLovesToRead✨
I think what makes me gives books like this 5 stars is because of how damn well the author writes it - no matter how many times I’ve seen similar story-lines....it is about how it is written and this is an example.

I love everything about Jennifer Vester’s writing - it is so appealing to me that I find myself reading from start to finish in one sitting.

The alpha persona in each of the strong male heroes in each series she’s written, is uniquely distinctive to the point where I can actually visu
Leanne Bryson
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was provided an ARC of this book and this is my honest review.....
I loved the guys from Lakefield, those alpha H’s that were intensely loyal, uber protective, passionate men....swoon 😊. BUT, Take all those things and add to it men with a dark side, willing to take on corruption and defending those that need it, any way they can. The men of Kingston are just those kind of men........SWOON!! 🤗 Mick and Alisa are well written, complex characters. The book, after the first couple of chapters, is w
Kristi
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mick ... what a fantastic surprise.
This book is a close relative of the author’s previous Lakefield series. These characters are developed in the same way.. they have great depth and the story that is built will continue in the subsequent books.
Mick’s time in the FBI has left him broken... but when he meets Alisa his need to protect her .. even from himself is all consuming.
Alisa comes from the most powerful family in their small town... her family is brutal and a huge problem for her to escape
Carrie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMH! Mick & Alisa's story is SO GOOD!!! Mick is in a dark place, but Alisa is his light & from minute one they're a fabulous couple. This story is intense yet easy to read, steamy yet sweet. Along w/ the romance, there is a great world being built, one where the lines between right & wrong get a bit smudged. Sometimes you have to do the conventionally wrong thing for the always right reasons. And oh the journey to their HEA - and the introduction of so many other characters I want to ...more
Danielle Marlowe
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. It had a great plot and it was well written. Alisa and Mick were strong characters. I enjoyed their story. Mick has been through a lot. Alisa was good for him, she was his light that he needed. They were made for each other. Their connection was strong and the chemistry was sexy. Alisa and Mick were great together.
Thank you, Jennifer Vester. Great work :)
Katrina
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! We first got a tease of Mick in the Lakefield series. Now we get to read about him. This book is darker and gritter than you may be used to if you are a fan of Jennifer Vester's. But is it worth every second of your time! This book will grab you by the throat and not let go until the end and leave you wanting MORE! I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Gwen Shafer
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable gripping suspensful. Loved this one. I loved the suspense. I loved the chemistry between the characters. Complete opposite find shelter and peace in one another. Mick wanted to save her but he did so much more than that. So very interesting moments in this one. A page turner from beginning to end. Highly recommend.
Laura Green
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hands down one of my favorite books by her. Mick has stuck with me for days. He’s darker than her norm but that’s a good thing. I loved how he was able to recognize his darkness and truly embrace it.
Michele Del Rey
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, it was hot and sexy. I could not put down. Mick was so amazing from the beginning. Loved.
ILoveBooks247
Kat
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You meet Mick in the last book of that series, and you can tell he's a little bit darker than those guys but in this one you see just how much darker. His job at the FBI left him with some mental scars, and because of something that happened in his job he left the FBI and returned home to Kingston. A city that's filled and fueled with corruption and greed, and run by the King family.
Alisa just got home from college and is out with her cousin when she meets Mick at a club. After some drinks, tal
rated it did not like it
Aug 10, 2018
Margaret Baldwin
Kim
Sierra
Aug 06, 2018
Jennifer Vester is a romance author whose ambition is to entertain readers with off-beat female characters and the over-the-top alpha men that love them.

Her books revolve around romantic suspense with a little something for every reader. Always an HEA....(but look out for those twists!) It's romance suspense after all.

The Lakefield series deals with some very serious subjects at times.

Come follow