Start by marking “Extra Innings” as Want to Read:
Extra Innings

Extra Innings

Victoria Hudson is a seventeen-year-old with a passion for baseball. When her grandmother buys a new house in the city, Vic discovers a way to play the game for the first time since getting kicked out of little league. She just has to move in with her hippie grandmother and make sure her father, a U.S. Senator and prospective Presidential candidate, doesn’t find out what s ...more
ebook
Published September 2018

To ask other readers questions about Extra Innings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extra Innings

Start your review of Extra Innings
Archer
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found myself really enjoying this book, it's not something I would normally pick. But that's the great thing about this group. It takes me out of my comfort zone and has introduced me to some amazing and talented artists.
Alyse Miller
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I never played baseball, but after reading about Victoria's passion for the sport, now I want to--especially if there's a smokin' hot, super sweet player out there for me, too!

This was my first Lynn Steven's book and although I don't typically read YA, I was sucked into the story from the very first page. Victoria reads exactly like you'd expect a teenager to: idealistic and impulsive, but ready and looking for realness in her life--and over the course of the summer spent with her grandmother, w
Rebecca Austin
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-companies
All Victoria Hudson wants to do is play baseball but girls are told they need to play softball. When Vic's grandma moves to a new town Vic puts her registration into the local baseball team and hopes she has a chance on the team. But Victoria needs to keep everything on the down low so that her father, US Senator and Presidential hopeful Warren Hudson never finds out.

As Vic fights for a spot on the team she must also deal with her boyfriend Theo who is away in Europe and her developing feelings
Lynn Reynolds
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Let me start by saying that I loved the way the author broke down her chapters. An easy and nice way to get the reader involved in what’s going on or going to happen. Another way is having it feel like the characters are talking directly to you or at the very least having you feel apart of the scenes.

Victoria “Vic” Hudson seems to always have to prove herself. Then I reach a point in the first chapter where she says something. It made me wonder the meaning behind that statement. And if you want
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

There are very few sports stories that I have read and loved from beginning to end and this is one of them. This is also the first book that I have read by this author and I am happy to announce that this author has a new follower. I also must admit that it's very rare that I am so far into a story that I am not watching my kindle's battery and let it completely die on me while reading a story. Yep, it happened.

The characters were in
Kate
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extra Innings by Lynn Stevens is a story about family, politics, racism, and a girl named Victoria who just wants to play baseball and forget about who her father is. Yes, her father just happens to be a U.S. Senator who has eyes on the White House! Can Vic just be a normal seventeen year old and play baseball with the team, and be accepted for herself? What if she falls for one of her teammates? What if he falls for her too? Can this work out with all the reporters and publicity?

This is a well-
Mandy
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Victoria (Vic) Hudson didn't want to play softball with the other girls, she wanted to play baseball. The problem was most areas didn't allow girls to play a 'boy's' sport. Vic found out that in St. Louis where her grandma Hudson lived there was a loophole that didn't ask for the gender of the person on the application form. Vic decided to sign up.
At first she had troubles from the coach and the players but she won them over. That was before they found out about her parents.
Could she overcome t
Kari Hansen
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are two things that Victoria wants in her life. One is to play baseball and the other is to escape the shadow of her political father and living with her Grandmother could hopefully give her both. She wants to be accepted for who she is so when she makes the team she knows that she needs to keep a low profile.

Daniel is the catcher on the team and the relationship between he and Vic evolves from teammates to friends to something deeper but are their feelings for each other strong enough to
2kasmom
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Victoria AKA "Vic" is gonna play baseball. Who cares if it is a male dominated sport. She signed up, showed up, and played hard. She is gonna prove herself if it kills her.

Daniel knows she has a boyfriend, but he also knows the guy is a tool. He cannot help but be interested in a girl who knows her own mind. She can play baseball, and is a great addition to the team.

This book felt like is was fast paced. I love the characters and eagerly devoured each page. I felt like this book was a great read
Kimberly
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good teen and young adult romance read. The story has a good and engaging story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable romance read that has a deeper message about being true to yourself with standing up for your beliefs, and never letting anyone hold you back from following your dreams.

Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This is one of the most heartwarming YA I have read! I loved that it was this young girl and her friends against the world! They really banded together in support of one another and I absolutely loved Vic’s grandma! It made me smile to know that she had someone in her corner who was rooting for her! It was different than any book I have read lately but definitely one that I thoroughly enjoyed and I will definitely read this author again!
Maura
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EXTRA INNINGS is the first book I've read by this author. This was a coming of age story about a girl who is willing to do what she needs to to play her sort of choice and her experience along the way.

I enjoyed this story and cheered Vic on along the way.

I would absolutely recommend it to my young cousins.
Daniella Marchand
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read, lovely story, captivating and exciting
Thi
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved that the main characters were a little bit out of the norm.
Emily
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun and quick with nice character development.
Carey Fletcher
I was so engrossed in this book that I found it difficult to put it down. It combined two things I love - Baseball and strong girls/women. The only thing that disappointed me was that not all my questions about Vic's future were answered at the end. Maybe there will be a spin-off or two. :)
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lynn Stevens has hit a home run with Extra Innings. You don’t have to be a baseball enthusiast to enjoy it either. Stevens brings the crack of bat, the roar of the crowd, and the cheers from the team leaping from the pages. I felt like I was at the games.

But this isn’t just a story about baseball, it’s much more. Victoria Hudson has always been in the shadow of her father’s political career. All Vicky wants is to be her own person, step out of the spotlight, and play ball. Her passion for baseb
Chrissy
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this story was pretty good, but I did struggle to stay interested at times. It was written well and I thought the characters were interesting. I actually liked Victoria a lot. She's was strong, determined,and eventually was able to be honest with her parents about her feelings without sounding like a disrespectful child. The guys on the team are great and I liked that Vic was more comfortable with them than her high society friends. It just made me like her more for some reason. I thou ...more
Jane Medema
Oct 19, 2018
Melissa
Oct 22, 2018

• The Acorn Tattoo
  • Book Boyfriend (Book Boyfriends, #1)
  • The Off-Season (Washington Rampage #1)
  • Broken Miles (Miles Family, #1)
  • Reckless Miles (Miles Family, #3)
  • Forbidden Miles (Miles Family, #2)
  • Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4)
  • Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)
  • One Crazy Week (Jetty Beach, #2)
  • Behind His Eyes (Jetty Beach, #1)
  • Messy Perfect Love (Jetty Beach, #3)
  • Operation Get Her Back (Jetty Beach, #4)
  • You and Everything After (Falling, #2)
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • The Replacement Crush
  • The Girl I Was Before (Falling, #3)

News & Interviews