Start by marking “ETTY STEELE Vampire Hunter (The Hunter Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
ETTY STEELE Vampire Hunter (The Hunter Series Book 1)

ETTY STEELE Vampire Hunter

(The Hunter Series #1)

Etty Steele is a vampire hunter. There’s only one problem – she doesn’t have her hunter powers. No super-strength, no super-speed. Nothing.

When she goes back to school after the summer, she’s surprised to find a new boy has joined her class. Even more surprising – he’s a vampire!

If only there was a way to stake him through the heart without anyone noticing.
Published July 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about ETTY STEELE Vampire Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ETTY STEELE Vampire Hunter

Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Etty Steele Vampire Hunter is a simple, easy-to-read fantasy for middle grade children. It’s got an easily recognizable moral that it is relating. The main character is not perfect. The relationship between the parents is atypical. (Oddly enough, both parents are even present in the book for a while!)

Probably the most interesting thing about Etty Steele Vampire Hunter is that Etty has trouble reading. It never goes in depth as to precisely what her problem is, but it’s obvious that she struggles
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
ARC Provided By Author in Exchange for An Honest Review

it was a cute middle grade vampire story, maybe if I was younger, I would enjoy it much more.

World building: ★★★★/5
it was happening in real world with fantasy elements. Cool!

Characters: ★★★(★)/5
main characters were too young. but Etty was a good strong kid (not annoying), also her companion. Vlad was my favourite character.

Written style: ★★★★/5
first person view, not a fan much.
but in general, it was written well. it was an easy quick read.
Toya
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Etty Steele is a sixth grade, vampire hunter, or at least she’s supposed to be if only her powers would actually kick in. Her dad is mortal, but her mom is an all-powerful, kick a*s vampire hunter that is relentless when it comes to Etty’s training. Every single day, Etty’s mom makes train in their basement before and after school and has even taken Etty on extended “vacations” to learn survival training.

Once summer break has ended, Etty returns to school to be reunited with her best friend Apri
FTLOReading
• Pages: 180
• Genre: Middle Grade Paranormal Fantasy/Fiction
• Rating Out of 5 Stars: 4

My Thoughts:

This was a cute story with a good lesson in morals, sometimes what we're taught isn't always what's right. You can't take everything at face value.
With a fun cast of characters, the writing was clean and straight-forward. The plot easy to follow with good action sequences. A promising intro to a fantasy
Alison
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Listened to this on Audible. Thought it would be a good book to listen to while I was at work. Cute, quick very easy read. A great book for younger readers. Etty, the main character, would repeat things to herself after someone said it which was too repetitive for my liking but for a younger reader could really help them keep up with what is going on. The trio of friends are a good collection of personalities. Etty is the tough one but who fights for what is right, once she figures out what that ...more
Shannon McGee
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires, witches, magic, 2019
Preteen Etty Steel is being trained by her mother to be a vampire hunter. Even though her hunter skills have not shown themselves yet, her mother wants to be prepared and trains her hard. She is not allowed to tell anyone she is a hunter, even her best friend. Although things change when she finds out witches exist and her friend is one. A new kid starts school with them and Etty is sure he is a vampire. Etty soon discovers that the training and history lessons she has learned about vampires are ...more
Barbara Ann
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Etty lives in the town of Brightwater, a seaside town that is rumored to be inhabited by witches. Etty lives with her human father and her mother who is a vampire hunter. Every day Etty must endure training sessions in a secret room that is hidden away in the basement of her house. Etty has one friend, a classmate named April Showers. They have not spent much time together lately as Etty has spent the summer at a vampire hunting training camp.
When Etty and April return to school in September, th
Katherine Maloles
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🦇Title: Etty Steele Vampire Hunter
🦇Pages: 180
🦇Author: Grayson Grave (@graysongrave)
🦇My rating to this book: 5 stars 🌟
🗡Vampires and witches take center stage in Grayson Grave's exciting coming-of-age story, Etty Steele Vampire Hunter... The text captures the emotions, psychological tensions, and feelings of confusion and insecurity that all children feel, and also conveys warmth and caring between its somewhat supernatural leads... Etty Steele Vampire Hunter concludes with new dangers lurking
Sarah Crawford
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Etty is only ten but her mother forces her to undergo rigorous training to become a vampire hunter. Etty has not shown any particular abilties in that, though. Her mother still pushes her harder and harder in her training. (What her mother is doing to her is, to me at least, major child abuse.)

A new boy shows up at Etty's school and, as expected, she figures out that he is a vampire. Worse yet, there's a prophecy about him that says he can become the greatest evil known.

It also turns out that Ap
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Many thanks to the author for providing me with this copy of Etty Steele Vampire Hunter in exchange for an honest review.

Etty Steele is a sixth grade vampire hunter, who’s mother is determined for her to be the best. When a new boy, Dimi, joins her class at school, he shows all the signs of being a vampire, but he doesn’t seem like the evil monster her mother has told her all vampires are.

While Etty struggles to figure out whether Dimi is in fact a vampire, she’ll need to decide whether to follo
Jeff Dawson
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grayson nails this one for his target audience, very young adults.
Etty or Henrietta is a nine year old vampire hunter in training. Her mother, Felicity drills her daughter everyday in the art of killing vampires. Readers will think this is how the modern- day Buffy, got her start.
Two witches have died. Another is on the radar. Who is doing this and why? A boy from school has disappeared. A deranged vampire is hiding in the local cemetery. A new boy has joined the ranks at the Etty’s school.
Cathryn Wellner
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I'm not a fan of vampires and zombies so don't read this genre. However, now that I have a granddaughter the right age for the reading level of this book, I reluctantly gave it a try when the author offered a no-obligation copy. Much to my surprise, I read it with delight and look forward to sharing it with my granddaughter. The blood-sucking and violence are there but muted enough to make the book palatable for young readers and the adults who fret over them. Grayson adds a moral twist that mak ...more
Joe Crowe
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Etty Steele, Vampire Hunter is just fun.

It's a kid-size version of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," in which Etty is the latest in a lineage of vampire hunters. Unlike Buffy, however, Etty Steele's life is not wracked with tragedy and turmoil. She has loving parents, including a mom who teaches Etty vampire-hunting. Etty doesn't have Slayer-style powers of super-strength or agility yet, but that's part of the story.

These stories are perfect for moms and daughters to read together. The stories are t
Velma  Hayes
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is certainly for the younger crowd unless, of course, you're like me just living the dream. It starts out slow (an old trick to get you to keep on reading) then about 3 chapters in it begins to speed up. Very well done! I liked the fullness of the characters, the minor angst of them, and the realization by some that all is not as we are told. Great storytelling, great morality plotline, and a great read in the sun or in front of a fire in the wintertime. I will look forward to the ne ...more
Rachelle Steward
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good first book in an intriguing series

I was surprised to learn the main characters were only ten years old! They are so Wise and disciplined. This story has very positive messages and is acceptable for all ages, assuming they understand this is fantasy. The story flows and is deftly written. Etty learns to judge a person's intent by their actions, not just accepting what she is told by others as pure fact. It is a quick read and leaves you hungry for more, so perfectly done.
Amy
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hunters, witches, and vampires, Oh my!!

This was a super cute book. While it did focus on vampires, hunters, and witches, there were some underlying truths to the story.
Being a true friend to someone.
Looking for what is on the inside instead of just looking on the outside.
You have to find the truth out for yourself.
You need to listen to what people are saying, and not what you have been told.
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This may have been deigned with YA in mind, but having downloaded it as a freebie from Amazon I loved it! Who wouldn't love a tale of vampires & witches on the same page that isn't Twilight. I gave four stars because I was disappointed it wasn't longer! Downloading the next book from kindle unlimited asap.
Holly Calhoun
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book from our library (where I work in the youth area). This was a fantasy book involving witches and vampires and is the first in the series. I enjoyed the book and it was a quick read. This is in our young teen section and doesn't have anything I would consider inappropriate in it.
James Atwell
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun with vampires

A nice adventure book for young adults who want to play with witches and vampires. An easy read that is sure to be the beginning of a long series of books about the adventures of Etty Steele Vampire hunter.
B S LUPTON NEILSON
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting Premise...

Never heard of a vampire that didn't need or want to drink blood...so I'm eager to see where this plotline goes...

So far, I like this storyline..it's different from the norm!

Christina Marie Reads
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, easy to read, and fast-paced middle grade book! I believe it would also be a fun book for storytime with the younger readers! This is going to be a great series for the kids and kids at heart to enjoy!
Linda Collister
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good vampire?

Could it be there really are good vampires? Etsy has been training to become a hunter and never questioned her. Dimi seems to meet the bill but he appears to be a good person. Can Etsy and April still be friends if she can’t accept that concept! A great read.
Liz Etnyre
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buffy for the middle school set. Very cute with a 10 year old protagonist. Issues of bullying and stereotyping and what it means to be a friend. . Perfect for 3rd-6th grade - but older kids (like me!) can also enjoy it. Intelligently written. 4.5 to 5 stars
Melissa Osborne
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Slow starting but good once you get into it

Its a well written story about young vampires witches and vampire hunters. Great for teens or tweens who enjoy the supernatural
Patricia A.Bunn
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

I love it it was a great book and I know you will find that out for your self
Thank You For Letting Me Read This Book I love it
Marilyn Choate
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story enjoyed reading the book

It was a good reD keep you interested and it shows that even if your difrent you can mAke friends
Cutest vampire hunter book ever
Belter
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bitingly good

Unusual take on vampires and. Witches but really exciting story hope their is more to come recommend it for escism
Rachel
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
What a cute book! I can't wait to give it to my kids!
GLoria Bridges
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What!?😊

Omg! That was awesome! I just hope there will be a second book because it ended with a cliffhanger. STILL GREAT THOUGH!😁😁😁😁

• Witch You Were Here (Nightshade Mystery #1)
  • Baehrly Bitten (Goldie Locke and the Were Bears #2)
  • The Exotic and the Mundane
  • Beardance (Bearstone, #2)
  • Getting Sassy
  • Once Upon a Haunted Moon (The Keeper Saga, #2)
  • The Griffin's Boy (The Griffin Riders' Chronicles, #1)
  • The Children of Lir (Ireland's Best Known Stories In A Nutshell Book 1)
  • Gifted, a Brainrush Novella (Brainrush, #5.5)
  • The Counterfeiter-Catching Cat (Beatrice Young Cat Mystery #1)
  • The Enchanted Castle (Shioni of Sheba, #1)
  • Missy the Werecat (Missy the Werecat, #1)
  • Freaks
  • Wolven (Wolven, #1)
  • The Rabbit Ate My Homework
  • Mrs. Claus Takes the Reins
  • Seriously Mum, Where's That Donkey?
  • Eduardo Guadardo, Elite Sheep
“I was sitting at the kitchen table eating cereal with extra milk so that the chocolatey loops floated around. I imagined they were sailors lost at sea. One by one I saved them with my spoon from the milky waters.” 0 likes