Start by marking “Brute” as Want to Read:
Brute

Brute

An alternative cover edition for ASIN B07D6VM29Z can bve found here

He possesses me, controls me, pushes me to the edge... and I keep coming back for more.

Daniel Collins is a single dad, and I've moved next door to him and his little boy.
He's the rudest man I've ever met. Cold. Arrogant. Reclusive. He's so volatile that everyone calls him the Brute.

I should stay away from
Published August 2018 (first published May 24th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Brute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brute

Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Brute turned into way more than I expected! Both Catrin and Daniel have lost their partners. Both realize they are extremely lonely. Both start a friendship that goes way further than either imagined. The second chance at life after losing the ones they loved was profoundly beautiful. SC Daiko broke my heart, then put it back together again starting with their kids, Ben and Becca.

Catrin is strong but lonely. She has a fire in her that keeps burning brighter and brighter. Becca helps her with th
Ola Adamska
Shelves: reviewed-2018
I thought this will be fast east read.
BUT I WAS SO WRONG!
Both MCs have lost their second part and still feel The loss. And have Young child. This book will be a rollercoaster without holding anything. Do well written That will make you feel Like you were Catlin or Daniel.
Daniel is called a Brute, as he keeps to himself and is a SOB sometomes to other people. Will his firm walls survive meeting firnce woman and Her swet daughter? But what is his past is not That far as he nad thought?
Catlin is a
Aurelie Gordio
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This isn’t the first book I read by SC Daiko but it is by far the best one. Well all her books are fantastic to be honest but this one is particular, darker! I loved it. Very well written. You really feel all the emotions coming from the characters.
I couldn’t put the book down even though I had to.
It was so hard to leave Daniel and Catrin behind.

They both have different past but both have a point in commun about it. They have lost someone and are trying to get better in a remote and quiet plac
Nico
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s always a pleasure to read the latest SC Daiko book. The main characters of Daniel and Catrin are engaging and kept me interested until the end. Daniel is known as The Brute, a brooding angry man with a gorgeous young son. He’s reclusive, mysterious and extremely rude but is harbouring grief and intrigue. Add in Catrin, an attractive, kind young mum who also is grieving and focused on her young daughter. Push them together over a laurel hedge, light the touch paper and see what happens. I di ...more
Linda Barrett
"Her Broken Recluse"

Catrin and Daniel's story was everything and more that I wished for it.
This is a fantastic 4.5 star book that really takes you on a journey and has you heavily invested in their story.
These two were perfect in every way for each other and complemented the other just like soulmates do.
I really enjoyed reading this book so much so I binged it in a morning.
I'm also so happy we get to read Gleb's book Beast in September as I was wishing for his story whilst reading about him in
Jos
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maria11
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2

Good story but the author just had to throw in kink that really didn’t fit into the story. I would have given 4 stars if not for that. It dragged out but then it went fast as heck at the end.

Ok read
Joy Westerfield
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where can I find a Brute?! I really enjoyed this book. When Catrin and her daughter move to a new home, she meets her next door neighbor, Daniel. They don’t exactly hit it off as he is very rude and standoffish. Over time, they become friends as do their children. But does something more develop? They both have sadness in their pasts and Daniel may have secrets? The chemistry between these characters was sizzling! I loved the interaction of all the characters and was surprised by a few. If you w ...more
Lisa
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received an arc in exchange for an honest review. I loved this book. Read cover to cover because I couldn’t put it down. Fun characters. Exciting plot. A definite must read book.
Michelle
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta-read
Five Gripping Stars

Another gripping 5 star read from SC Daiko.

Brute hooked me from the very start and held my attention throughout, what is not to love about a sexy kinky Brute.

Hidden secrets, heartbreak, love and off the charts sexual scenes make for an epic read, Brute delivers.

This is a Mafia themed book which adds to the drama & hotness - Highly recommended one click!
Stephanie
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love a suspenseful romance! How can you not be drawn to such a rough, inward-drawn character like Daniel. Catrin got more than she bargained for but it turned out to be exactly what they both needed.
Tracy Reads
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this audio book Hugo has a knack at soothing you with his voice that he could be reading the weather and id probably still like it, Daniel and Catherine take us on their new beginnings after so much tragedy in their lives and you can't do anything but admire their strength, Daniel I wanted to punch that brute in the face a few times but you cannot help but come to love him all in all a great story and audio book. Would Daniel be my book boyfriend ? Yes yes he would not sure if mar ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
A sexy brooding Brute of a man, a kindhearted woman starting over, and two precious children all make for the start of a beautifully blended family in this book. Equal parts sweet and swoony, hot and steamy, and suspenseful Brute had me devouring the pages hooked from nearly the start. I easily finished this in just a couple hours it had me that hooked.

Daniel is a man filled with secrets and heartbreak. Shutting everyone away from him and his son he ignores the whispers of “brute” from people a
Coco.V
Sep 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/17/18)!💝

Blurb:
Daniel Collins. Single Dad. My neighbor.
He's the rudest man I've ever met.
Cold. Arrogant. Reclusive.
He's so volatile everyone calls him the Brute.
I should stay away from him...
but the heart wants what it wants.
I see what he's trying to hide...
see past his hidden pain...
see the dark past threatening to destroy him.
When we touch, he unravels me,
and the oceans set alight.
But
Heather andrews
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the first few pages I could tell that both Daniel and Catrin had their demons and that they were going to bring us on a wild ride. Daniel knows how to woo a woman and just make her feel special, “be patient. In the meantime, we can meet for lunch every day, either at your place or mine.” I waggle my eyebrows. “And…” I liked this book, Daniel was such a broody man.
Jenny B
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brute was a great read that went quick and was nearly perfect. Daniel is just trying to protect his son from his own past and a lesson we all know you can always run but it will catch up with you. Catrin is trying to rebuild her life after her loss. SC Daiko gives you some great background (although I needed a little more) about each of the characters and pulls together a great story focusing on their futures. One of my favorite parts of SC Daiko books is how characters from her other stories al ...more
April Symes
Brute by SC Daiko is the story of Daniel and Catrin . Daniel is known as The Brute, a brooding angry man with a sweet young son. He’s reclusive, mysterious and terribly rude but that’s because of the heartbreaking grief in his past causing him to act out the way he does. Then you have his new neighbor, Catrin, an attractive and very kind young mummy who also is grieving and is all focused on her young daughter. They don’t exactly hit it off because of his behavior yet Cat recognizes shared grief ...more
Lynne
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never disliked a book written by SC Daiko but I have to say this was one of my favourites!

Catrin and Daniel are both widowed and with children of a similar age. They both moved to the same small village and set about rebuilding their lives.

Having comforted more than one friend through widowhood, the thought of losing Mr WildWelshWoman scares me and this fear, this starting again, drew me into this book quickly. She dealt with the grief and the fears so sensitively, that this book became
Monja De Jager
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It caught my attention from the first page and kept me glued until the end.

Catrin is starting over. Her husband passed away after a short illness and it's just her and her daughter Becca.

Daniel/Alexei has started over with his son Ben. His past is tragic and he lets no one close to him. It's far too dangerous.

The kids click straight away and even though Daniel is a brute towards Catrin, she can't seem to stay away from him. Slowly they get close and it doesn't hu
*Dee's Reading Time Matters
Hero, Daniel Collins aka Alexei Solokov and heroine, Catrin both lost their significant other and were left to raise their little one (Ben and Becca). They become neighbors and their children become quick friends which only draws Daniel and Catrin together! Daniel is known around the small community as a "brute" but he quickly becomes so much more to Cat and Becca as they discover that all is not what it seems! Loved this second chance story which had suspense and sexy moments throughout the tal ...more
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Two people that have known loss become neighbors and their kids become great friends. But the adults don't like each other very much at all.

Daniel has an attitude that beats them all. He wants nothing to do with his beautiful neighbor and her cute daughter. But his son has made a friend and he will do anything for his son. Except give his heart away.

Catrin has just moved in and she is ready to move on from her husband's death. When she meets Daniel he comes across as a well brute. But his son
Shannon Mcfarland
Interesting story

Brute was an interesting story about Daniel and Cat. However, to me, it seemed as if it needed a bit more depth to really make it shine. The plot was there, but some of the book needed polishing. Don’t get me wrong, there were a lot of HOT scenes, but a book needs more than sex to pull you in.
2OCC Reviews
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jessica
I’m not sure where to start. This book had some amazing qualities. The plot was captivating, the characters loveable, the steam was hot. I’m trying to figure out why I didn’t love it as much as I should. I love The hero being a recluse, but I think everything happened so fast, did I didn’t get that gripping, angry, resentful of feeling from him. His past was sad, and my heart aches for Daniel, but I just couldn’t get that Brute-y feel from him.

I liked Carrin and her ability to open up to someon
Jenny Prose
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Brute is a different style of story then I'm used to from this author, but I really loved it.
I enjoyed the characters who were damaged and flawed with hearts that wee scared from loss who learned to open up to each other. I really loved the dynamics between the characters and of course the children. I did wish for more information about Daniel's past, it felt like it was skirted around until the very end.
Jennifer Becker
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
beautiful story about second chances in life and in love. Daniel only wants to hide in his world and doesn't care what the people of the village call him. Brute. He was and didn't apologize for it. Catrin is drawn to her neighbor that defies reason.
Heather
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
This was a pretty good read, I enjoyed it. Some things were glossed over pretty quickly but overall it didn't take away from the story. I would recommend it.
Kristin Grella
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

My first SC Daiko book and it won't be my last. Daniel and Catrin's story was perfect. I am a sucker for a man in pain and I loved Daniel 😍 Looking forward to Gleb's story.
Charley Moore
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexually charged until Daniel and Catrin finally succumb to their desires.

Both lonely and a little lost they find each other.

This book is a quick but gripping read and has you hooked from the start
Madeleine East
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by this author and I absolutely loved it. I have always loved mafia books. This book was steamy, suspenseful, page turning, edge of your seat good. I loved the banter and relationship between Daniel and Catrin. The kids were so cute and lets not forget about Toby. This will not be my last book by this author.
Patricia Blair
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daniel and Catrin Story

This is my first book for me from the author. I liked it, but I think I like how other authors explained BDSM better, being called his pain slut even in his mind kinda set wrong for me. But it may be fine in that community. But other than that I liked the Brute. It was a good read.
SC Daiko, aka Siobhan (pronounced Shivawn), is an award-winning international bestselling contemporary romance author. Originally from the UK, she now lives in Italy with her husband and two cats. Nothing makes her happier than connecting with readers and fellow authors.
You can find Siobhan at: