Start by marking “Daredevil's Mistress (Fire & Ice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Daredevil's Mistress (Fire & Ice, #1)

Daredevil's Mistress

(Fire & Ice #1)

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
He's made of Ice...She'll make him Burn
Twenty-four-year-old virgin Samantha Harman longs to escape her boring life and overbearing father in South Africa. She gains temporary freedom when she visits a friend’s ranch in Arizona. Her father's price for letting her go? Return to an arranged marriage. But an unexpected attraction to a sexy cowboy is hard to fight and soon she'
ebook, First, 196 pages
Published September 26th 2018 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Daredevil's Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daredevil's Mistress

Alex (HEABookNerd)
Sep 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley, dnf
DNF

Unfortunately Daredevil's Mistress didn't work out for me even though I was initially intrigued by the plot. Overall, I felt the writing wasn't too bad and the pace up to the point I read was good; though there was some dialogue that felt a bit unnatural to me. But my biggest reason for DNFing is that this felt like an old school romance -- the heroine is innocent (though I appreciated Samantha's spunk) and the hero is aggressive and almost predatory. Cody was a huge turnoff for me, he's miso
wonderfullyweird88
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romance
Samantha Harman is a pampered princess. Longing to have some freedom she must persuade her over protective father to allow her to travel on her own to visit her college friend. Her father only agrees if Samantha will consent to an arranged marriage on her return to South Africa.

Cody Bentley keeps tight control of his family and his ranch. He has no time for women after too many bad experiences. When his sister’s friend storms into his life he doesn’t know whether to run away or toward her.

The
J.D. Samson
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I'm a sucker for the strong, brooding, sexy hero type and Cody doesn't disappoint. Throw in a sassy heroine with problems of her own, a beautiful horse named Daredevil (who was much like his owner once upon a time) and great(but complicated) family bonds, and you have a Nora Roberts style romance novel.

The love scenes sizzzzzzled. The chemistry between Cody and Samantha was electrifying. The writing was eloquent and the pacing of the story was great.

Will definitely read more f
Jo Ann Vega
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story it was not your normal cowboy book. The characters are all solid and there is a lot of humor mistakes and love. You'll get into it and can't put it down. If your looking for a great love story have fun.
Amy Vida
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of Daredevil's Mistress in exchange for an honest review. I loved the cover of this book, and couldn't wait to get started.

The story was a little slow in the beginning, but it was worth the wait. The plot began to "pick up," and I found myself liking both Samantha and even Cody.

Overall this was an average read.
Bena Roberts
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ye Ha Cowboy!

The Good
So, I identified with the characters so well (British Asian background). I could understand the strict background and my husband is English/Irish. So I felt comfortable with the story and the innocence of it all!

The Bad
This was like a Mills and Boon and I love Mills and Boon! It had everything romance like to make me laugh and giggle through it.

The Ugly
There were a few things I didn't enjoy, like the immaturity of the two protagonists and the believability of the coma. But
Andrea Roche
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Samantha, a rich girl with her roots in India, spends a hot summer with an old college friend on a ranch in the States. Her father, due to his old-fashioned beliefs, has made Samantha agree to an arranged marriage in exchange for the freedom of taking the respite. The only problem is her old college friend lives in a house with 3 brothers, (I think it was 3, men keep popping out from everywhere. And the author gives you no clue as to who they are.)
As soon as Samantha walks in the door she is inu
Lyn
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this as an advanced copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed reading Daredevil's Mistress - and don't let the title fool you. There's more to it than what you might think. I loved the cover, especially because it is reflective of the story. I loved that this was a romance was between two people from different ethnic backgrounds. I also liked that they were from different countries!

Cody was my kind of hero. I liked that he was so protective of his family.
Anna
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sexy cowboy type,Cody,initially,comes off as a brute and a turn off. However, as I continued reading, I was hooked! Samantha has her sexy cowboy! Steamy sex scenes. A well thought out plot and well written. However,at times, I thought the dialogue lacking and forced. Overall, a good escape from reality!
Sam Chainee
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't usually read romance novels but I found this quite entertaining and read it in two evenings. A great first book and hats off to the Author. The characters are strong and being Indian myself, I can relate to orthodox parenting :)
All in all a lovely read
Lacy
Traci
Mary Cloud
Felicia
Sep 19, 2018
Born and raised in the coastal city of Durban, South Africa and now living in the City of Gold, Johannesburg, Charlene's days are an energetic mixture of a full time job, a wife and Mom to two beautiful teenagers. She holds a Law Degree and is an avid events manager.
Believing writing is the wings to holistic escapism, she makes the time in her busy schedule giving life to her dreams of bringing to