Start by marking “Hot As Sin (Bad Habit Novella, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Hot As Sin (Bad Habit Novella, #3.5)

Hot As Sin

(Bad Habit #3.5)

What do you get when you mix one sultry summer night, one world famous rock band, and one booze-soaked party in the Hollywood Hills?

An evening that's hot as sin.

Published September 4th 2018 by J.T. Geissinger, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Hot As Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot As Sin

My Pink Fairytales
Have I mentioned before that J.T. Geissinger is my all time favorite author? ❤❤
Even her novellas are awesome! I can’t find anything wrong with this lady’s books. 🤗

So, this one represents a great farewell to the Bad Habit series (thanks for that (view spoiler) ) and a very intriguing introduction to the new spin off series called Dangerous Beauty.

The story of Barney is just beginning and I can’t be more curious about it, especially since he’ll be working at Metrix Secur
Snow
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy, short-story
Uf, no matter how much I enjoy J.T. Geissinger's books, and I actually do love them all, I found this novella really incomplete in that "collage result".

It felt more like a mash-up without any firm ingredients and not really giving me anything out of it, exept for some heavy steamy scenes, but that's all.

I just thought, that the guy who served faithfully to this band's entourage, would also have his completion. BUt all we actually see him do, is saying goodbye...
Tracy  C
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a fantastic bridge to the new series. We get a story that is a final epilogue for the Bad Habits crew, while at the same time an intriguing beginning to Barney's story. And there is a scene in here that will melt your eyeballs it's so sexy....so have a fan at the ready!

Anna's Herding Cats
Oh Barney. He was one of my favorites and I've been dying for more of him. Hot as Sin, though. Totally bittersweet.

The Gist: For years Barney has protected the Bad Habit band. They're his family. But he's leaving them to take a job across the country. And this was the big goodbye.

Yep. It made me cry.

I loved Barney in the series. And I loved him here, too. He's such a good guy and has quite the hint of mystery behind him. It kind of breaks my heart he's leaving the band and their women, though
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have been a huge fan of the Bad Habit series by J.T. Geissinger and have loved Nico, A.J. and Brody from the beginning. But I would be remiss though if I did not admit that I've always had a weak spot for Barney and the need for his story.

While there was a lot of good moments in this book, I will admit that I wish there was a little bit of closure between Barney, Brody and Grace. It would have been nice to see him have a heartfelt one on one talk with Brody about Grace as he had some intimate
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
Rating: 4.5/5
Heat Rating: 4/5

This is a nice little story about Barney's going away party. It was great catching up with the gang. This story takes place shortly after the last book, SIN WITH ME, but there was some new stuff going on with the characters. OMG AJ!!! We also got some interesting info on Grace, Marcus and Kenji. And we find out Barney's real name. I totally enjoyed reading it. As usual Nico threw a rockin' party and went overboard with the entertainment. But we readers wouldn't expec
« Court (Take the Read) »
I think this was a nice little bow-tie on the series, focusing on Barney - or Nazir (his real name) - the band's bodyguard who's going to NYC to work for a security company. The entirety of the novella revolves around his send-off party. I couldn't connect too much with Naz in this book, but it's more of a prequel to his own spin-off series coming soon.
Heather Emery
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
The book was the end of this series and the start of another series. To me this screams cliffhanger. I didn't know this book was going to be that. I had just gotten into the book when it ends and I was a little confused why it couldn't have been the first chapter of the the next series. Just me being picky I guess. Still a great author.
Bibi
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Perfect segue into a new series

Sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll are all on the menu in this companion novella, to the Bad Habit series, which introduces characters from a new spin-off series: Dangerous Beauty
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Was it good to catch up with the characters from the previous books? Sure. AJ's little moment was probably worth the cost of the novella, but I so not appreciated how this novella was so blatantly a way to get people hooked on the next book.

Just so you know, there is no heroine in this novella. The entire thing is set in the span of a few hours, during the goodbye party the band organized for Barney, who as it is explained at the very end, is assigned a mission that will lead him to his HEA.

Sur
Sandy S
5 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date Sept 4, 2018

An evening that's hot as sin.

On his last day in Los Angeles before leaving for his new job with a high-profile private security firm in New York, Bad Habit's long-time bodyguard Barney just wants to relax. Too bad the members of the band have other ideas. The bad boys of rock 'n' roll might be settling down with wive
litljen
Barney, Barney, BARNEY!!!! I love this man and am so excited to have gotten my first real taste of his story with J.T. Geissinger's Hot As Sin novella! Geissinger does a great job giving Barney the send-off he deserves as he prepares to leave the Bad Habit world to go work for Metrix, spinning him off into a new series. We get all of our favorite rockstars and their wives/ girlfriends as well as the rest of their highly entertaining entourage (I'm looking at you Kenji!!!!). Some storylines were ...more
Laura Johnson
3.5 stars. Great read. Good start for the spin-off. Can’t wait to read what happens next.
Becky Ingram
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nice teaser to lead into the next series. Can't wait!
Anna
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A little taste of what's to come

A little prequel so to speak to her coming book. And a little epilogue to the Bad Habit books. Gotta love a little bodyguard action.
Lorna
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Way too short for me(because I want all this author's books to be long), but still a fun read that only took a little over an hour to read. I love bodyguard Barney and it was interesting to get his point of view for a change. The whole Bad Habit band and their wives/girlfriends are involved and that just made it more fun.

I was expecting Barney to meet someone. Instead we are treated to his going away party. It's the day before he leaves L.A. To move to New York. It did however, set up the next
Kathy Aronoff
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book started ringing bells for me - turns out I read this previous 3 books in the Hot As Sin Rock Star series and really enjoyed them. This story focusing on Nasir aka Naz, aka Barney, the stalwart bodyguard to this band and their significant others has finally decided to move on. J.T. Geissinger is tying the loose ends of one series while bringing Naz into another, which not surprisingly is a spin off of her non rock series Wicked Games and while this Novella ends at 80% with the sneak pre ...more
Speed
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

I am an avid fan of Ms. Geissinger and I have to admit that I have not read the Bad Habit series as of yet, Lol. I know don't kill me, Lol. However , I have read her Wicked Games series and this is a spin off from that series involving to previous series and I have to tell you I cannot wait to dig my hands into Dangerous Beauty!! After reading about long time bodyguard Barney, I have to say he is hot and so smexy! Lol. This is a farewell to his old life and a brief introduction to his n
Justine Schauer (Book Catharsis)
Oh, Barney, I adore you

I read the Bad Habit series a long time ago and just circled back to this. It was so fun getting a glimpse back into the lives of the Bad Habit family! I always adored Barney, so I can’t wait for his new book in March! Plus, it was fun to get a hint at catching up with Connor too! Hopefully we’ll get more time to reminisce him in the upcoming book. The whole dragon fly thing was cryptic and made me want to wrap Barney in a big hug. I hope he takes the advice well and is o
Joy
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is a novella and ends the Bad Habit series and paves the way for Barney's new series, Dangerous Beauty. The entire cast of characters joins Barney for 1 final farewell party that is a very quick read.

You would really need to read the entire series to enjoy this story, because there really isn't a whole lot of depth to it. Although well written, it's more of an intro into a new life for Barney. Still, I would recommend reading it, because Barney is amazing!
Tara Ramey
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hard to rate but a good, short read.

First person POV told from Barney’s perspective. There’s one sexy scene but Barney is a voyeur not a participant. There’s a little bit of humor. The primary point of this novella is to set up Barney’s series, although we do get more info about the Bad Habits band and their women so it’s nice to get updates. It’s short and worth you time if you’ve read the first three Bad Habits books.
Mags
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable story set around bodyguard Barney, as Nico from Bad Habit throws him a leaving party; and it leads nicely into this new spin off series. Plus, it was great catching up with the band. Who all have their moments in this story. Some of which were more exciting and revealing than others, and in the case of Chris and Ethan certainly whet my appetite for more.
Robyn
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Nasi Stars

Such a short little tease! BUT...it makes you all the more intrigued by Nasir, aka Barney. If you liked him before, in the other Bad Habit books, you will be more than ready for more of him in the next book, Dangerous Beauty, after reading this little teaser, I can’t wait to learn more about all the hotness, that is Naz!
Brittany
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fitting send off

Barney’s character deserves his story being told. This novella is a great check in on the Bad Habit characters and really shows their relationships with Barney are on a very personal level. He is family, not just a bodyguard. I also loved the sneak peak of his first book!
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Disappointing

I was expecting a full length story about Barney the bodyguard for the Bad Habit band. And while I enjoyed a brief interlude with these characters, this was not the book I was expecting. It is the novella that connects the Bad Habit series with the Dangerous Beauty series which is next up. But I did not realize that. Please be advised.
C
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I would rate this 3.5 if possible

While I loved this series, this and the third book were my least favorite. It felt constructed for the spin-off, rather than true to the characters.
Cathy Pardue
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot, sexy, entertaining

In the short novella we say farewell to bad habit as Barney moved to New York for his next gig. He's going to be missed by all his adopted family from the band , but I'm excited to see where the next series goes.
Tammy
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sad to see this series end. This was a really short novella, more a final epilogue to the Bad Habit series, and a bit of a prologue to a new spin-off series that will begin with Dangerous Beauty due to be released in May of 2019. I'm really looking forward to it!
Denise
Wow

I flew through this like crazy! Gonna miss the bad habit boys, but man reading the next chapter for naz security detail is gonna be awesome. He’s gonna have his hands full with Eva. So glad he might find love again. Can’t wait.
Zita
Feb 27, 2019 marked it as do-not-finish
I classify this novella as DNF @ 37%. Was totally turned off to the story after being subjected to a menage scene (MMF). The blurb should contain a warning, I could've saved myself the money for a story I now have no desire to finish.

• Waiting for Wolves (Shifter Grove Brides, #5)
  • Double Huge
  • Won by the Three Satyrs (The Children of Lilith, #.5)
  • 4-Ever Theirs (Four to Score, #1)
  • Blaze of Glory (Prospect Springs Shifters, #1)
  • Aiden (Wolves of the Rising Sun, #2)
  • Reckless Rendezvous (Reckless Beat #4.5)
  • His
  • Chasing Danger (Deadly Ops, #2.5)
  • Tigress for Two (Alaskan Tigers, #3)
  • Eternal Beauty (Mark of the Vampire #4.5)
  • Ride Me Dirty (Bridgewater County #1)
  • Plays Well With Others (Daly Way, #2)
  • Shafting the Halls (Shaft on Tour, #4)
  • 7 Minutes In Heaven (Are You Game? #1)
  • A Beck Valentine: A Beck Brothers Short
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Forever in Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3.1)
J.T. Geissinger is a bestselling author of emotionally charged romance and women’s fiction. Ranging from funny, feisty romcoms to intense, edgy suspense, her books have sold more than one million copies and been translated into several languages.

Meet JTG in her private reader group on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2xbtnY3

Bad Habit (4 books)
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
  • Make Me Sin (Bad Habit, #2)
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit #3)