Start by marking “Death Blooms” as Want to Read:
Death Blooms

Death Blooms

I deal in beautiful things.

I'm paid to create unique masterpieces and I enjoy my work.

I'm the best there is because I'm patient, kind, and quick.

I wear the mask of humanity when I need to, and I play the part of just another stranger walking past you on the street, but there's something I want that I can't quite seem to get my hands on.

For all of the blood I shed—for all o
Published (first published August 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Death Blooms, please sign up.

Elizabeth Cash
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhhh. Sit down. Buckle up. And hold on to whatever thought process you might have going into this.

The beginning is a slow upward crawl, you think "oh, this is nice. I like this. I could get used to this."

Then you get to the top, peer over the sides, and before you know it, you are free falling off the rails and hitting the ground like "WHAT THE EF JUST HAPPENED?"

Prepare for the feels. Prepare for the what the fu... moments. Prepare for that good old Yolanda twist.

This story is something e
Coco.V
Jan 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/18/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
I deal in beautiful things.

I'm paid to create unique masterpieces and I enjoy my work.

I'm the best there is because I'm patient, kind, and quick.

For all of the blood I shed—for all of the flesh I've stripped, there's only one touch that I long to feel. I may b
Steelwhisper

This is... quite something else.

It could have been 5*, if it hadn't been written in present tense.
Lis Garcia
Oh-my-oh-my.
I absoulety love this one. The story revolves around three friends and a pet. The friends share a strong bond with each other. Even so, there are some secrets that need to be told, some fights that need to be had and some love that just needs to be - all laced with gentle horror. The story starts off nice and calm and then things start to happened, you start questioning, things escalate, then you feel relief and BAM, you get smacked with crazy.
Yolanda paced the story well, the char
*~* Susie
I usually love Yolanda's twisted stories. This one, though.....I'm not sure how I feel. I'll just leave it at that.
Michelle
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
O.M.F.G !!! This book is brilliant from start to finish.

Death Blooms is a mixture of many lol moments, Gray made me laugh with his thinking & quirky ways. His best friend Aiden is a sassy bad ass I loved her, and Penn seems a sexy, dark mysterious man.

I really enjoyed this book and Yolanda grips and draws you into a very well written story that seems to be going along nicely until it isn't. Wait for!!!
Ally Vance
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Deliciously dark and fabulously bizarre.

Effing crazy but bloody brilliant!

What in the actual hell?!?

How do I review this because I am absolutely stunned?

After ten minutes of staring open mouthed at ny kindle I am still as shocked as I was when I read the last page.

Gray is a character that drags you right into his strange story with both caring and creative hands. I loved the way his character developed and we slowly got to unravel his persona see what lies beneath and the darkness under his skin
Jamie
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, honestly, what did I just read? I am, confused? I mean, I know what I read, I know what happened, but what the fuck?

So, the cover? My favorite by this author, by far. It paints a picture of what the book is about. It's so, it's beautiful. The cover and the words within.

The inside matter. Holy hell. Erm, there isn't really much I can say without giving anything away. This is a book that will make you think; it's beautiful and painful and everything you want from Yolanda Olson.
Tam_ the_ med_bookie
Freaking insane!
I hope I don't read a similar one in the near future because this one is going to last in my head for quite a long time!
The writing is good.
The characters are engaging.
The plot is thick.
But the story is damn dark and gruesome.
Bridgett Brown
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My goodness how can I even review this book without giving anything away? Well I’m gonna try my hardest so here goes...

This is a story about a boy, he’s a artist. He has a particular art that he does. He’s very good at it and makes the big bucks. But he’s a loner. Except he has a best friend a girl who keeps him sane. If it wasn’t for her he would never leave his house unless it was for his art. Well one day he meets a boy and his whole world changes. He is everything he’s ever wanted and more.
Louise husted
Louby's review

Absolutely mind blowing epic. But I wouldn't ask for anything more from Yolanda.
Always dark and deranged ermm and twisted.
But that's what I love about Yolanda's books.
Charlotte ~BookObsessionConfessionsBlog~
You know what I love about Yolanda's books? The fact that all of her prologues start very cryptic and leave you asking what the hell that was all about!? Then it goes on to the chapters that seem to have nothing to do with the prologue. I leaves you guessing and I love that!

These books are about as close to Yolanda's mind as I think I ever want to be!🙈😂
I never know how to write the reviews for her books because I can never find the appropriate words for how twisted they are. It takes me foreve
Linda Cotter
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been thinking of how exactly I want to word this review. I mean, let's face it - if you're reading a book by Yolanda Olson, you know there are going to be twists and turns. At least, if you've read her before.
But here's the thing: I've read just about every one of her books, and I cannot get over the fact that she still catches me! There's always that point where you just have to look away from your Kindle and say (sometimes out loud) "Oh no, she didn't". When you realize what she did, you
Dawn Yarrow
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Death blooms is a story based on friendship, love and art. Three friends who would normally find themselves shunned by some people for their likes/dislikes, support each other no matter what but will it be a case of two's company, three's a crowd?
I absolutely loved this book and the characters, the relationship between all three of them is brilliant and you can't help wanting to be friends with them but don't think this is some sweet book, it's a horror title for a reason.
Autumn Lee
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What the ...

As always with this authors work I dont know whether to stare agape, or laugh in macabre humor at the sheer brilliance of her stories. For a jaded soul such as myself Ms. Olsons works are just what the deranged doctor ordered.
Brittany Reece
I'm still reeling.

This tale seeps into your mind; seducing it to want more and more. Once you start reading, you have to finish or you won't be able to focus on anything else.

The characters in this book are like intricate knives- you want to touch them, you want to examine them, but you don't know what they're capable of so you hesitate and stare curiously ahead.

Yolanda weaves every aspect of this into a mind trap that stays with you long after the book is over.
Ellie Midwood
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-read
After reading so many of Yolanda’s books, I didn’t think she would manage to surprise me this time as I “came more or less prepared”:) But of course, I underestimated the Queen of Horror and her devious mind: she not only surprised me, she completely knocked me off my feet with that ending! The main protagonist, Gray, is an artist of a sort, and only his closest friend Aiden is allowed into the sanctuary of his workshop. However, when Gray meets Aiden’s friend Penn and falls in love with him, al ...more
Frances
Death Blooms Eternal...

Wow, just wow. I was not expecting that to end like it did. But, as always Yolanda, doesn't disappoint. She gives you amazing and you expect it's going to be one way, but nope it's totally different. This book is just another example of a dark mind gone wild. I love everything about this book.

Death Blooms is about Gray and his ultimate satisfaction in love of a different kind. He has this amazing ability to make beautiful things more beautiful. Gray has this best friend na
Tyi
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Speechless. I felt like I was watching a slow moving train wreck. I couldn't stop watching. I needed to know if anyone would be hurt in the wreckage. Would there be any damn survivors? Would they want to survive? Ugh... I loved every twisted minute of it. Maybe I need my head examined but I wanted to know more. Gray's type of crazy had me. I wanted to be his friend but I didn't know if I would survive the damn relationship.

This quote from the book was quite chilling. It was stated, "You're one
Amy
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
WHAT..WOW..WHAT DID I JUST READ!?
Yolanda Olson has done it once more and made me gasp out loud and my eyes bulge out of my head. What a book to make you stop and think. She had me going in circles thinking about what was going to happen next and I made my own presumption and of course I was wrong.
To be honest I don’t know how to really put in words what I want to say but OMG!
This book is another masterpiece and if you have read any of her other books you will not be disappointed. As a fan of Yo
Amo Thomson
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This cover definitely caught my eye it’s absolutely beautiful,
Unlike the weirdness that rolls around Yolanda’s brain!
The depth of crazy I can’t even deal I love that she lives outside of her comfort zone even if it’s too much to comprehend she’s comfortable doing her own thing & each to their own!!
but Gray one things for sure I will never ever think of Hooves the same!!!!
Ever
Again!!!

4 🌟
Petra
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Death Blooms is a story about transformation, what defines love, and what the “gray” lines look like when drawn. The book dug itself into my heart and has lived there since the last page! Gray is a beautifully drawn character with such depth that you find yourself wanting to preserve every visceral reaction he provokes in you. Powerful page turner that will bind you forever to the character, and proves, once again, how talented Yolanda is.
Lindsay Crook
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOLY CRA....WOW...This is so typically Yolanda but also something so different...I felt kinda sad for the main character he just seemed so tortured but then knowing what he does for living I guess i don't feel that bad..This was a fantastic read and I devoured it as quick as my eyes would allow.Imaginative,quirky and oh so creepy it's everything you want from this author and so much more.I'm still relatively new to Yolandas books and this is now sitting at the top of my favourites so far..WOW!!
Brandi Aga
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark. Morbid. Totes Yolanda style.

I was intrigued from the start. I wanted more of the “bad” guy if that says anything about Yolanda’s writing. I enjoyed all of the characters here and the ending is what made it for me.

THE ENDING IS EVERYTHING.

Thank you for that, Yolanda. I think I was just as surprised as they were.

This won’t be for everyone.
But I want more!

horror
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
O.M.G What have I just read.

I enjoyed it if I can say that I think it is hard to review without spoilers but I can say this if you like Yolanda's books then you will love this one.. when I can form more words on what I just read I will add to my review. lol
Rachelle
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
O. M. G.!!! This. THIS is the Yolanda Olson I LOVE. She is the reigning queen of horror. There is no way to give this book a proper review without spoilers but don't let the pretty cover deceive you, there is madness within. I implore you to READ THIS BOOK!!
Janneke Wolbers
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wondering

Im sitting here wondering what i just read.
Its not what i expected when i opend it.
Nonetheless i liked it. Good story.
Yvonne Davies
Gray Talbot was an artist, using an unusual material, he had a select client. Whilst his business was doing well, his social life was non-existent. His only friend was Aiden, a feisty girl who loved to fight bare knuckle. Determined for Gray to find love, Aiden tries to play cupid by introducing him to Penn, who lived off his trust fund.
When Gray was working, the compassion and care he showed for his art work was like a parent and their children. His friendship with Aiden was strong and you rea
Laura Rossi
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I discovered this author not too long ago and the more I read the more I want to keep reading.
This is how her stories leave me: OH MY GOD, what did I just read???
Death Blooms did not disappoint for sure. It's really hard for me to write something without giving away the plot, which I most certainly will not do for various reasons. I hate spoilers and the whole point of the story, one of the things I love the most, is that it's so cryptic that you feel your heart in your throat.
Why? Because if yo
« previous 1 3 next »
Bestselling Indie Author. Alice in Wonderland Junkie. Horror Obsessed. Arsenic Laced. Welcome.

Yolanda Olson is an award winning and international bestselling author. Born and raised in Bridgeport, CT where she currently resides, she usually spends her time watching her favorite channel, Investigation Discovery. Occasionally, she takes a break to write books and test the limits of her mind. Also an