Start by marking “Bound by Secret (The Queen's Consorts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bound by Secret (The Queen's Consorts, #2)

Bound by Secret

(The Queen's Consorts #2)

I'll be the first to admit it...my rise to power hasn't gone entirely as planned.

I'm still getting over Thana's betrayal and the news of the Mad King when a long-lost war hero reappears at court. He's beguiled the nobles, but I'm not so easily swayed or quick to trust.

At least amidst all the chaos has been one constant; my males. They've been there at every turn, and I'm f
Published September 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bound by Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by Secret

Start your review of Bound by Secret (The Queen's Consorts, #2)
SD Jericho
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love cake; I love the initial taste of the icing and whatever decorations there may be – I love tasting a bit of that alone first, then nibbling on the cake alone to see if it tastes good enough by itself, then the moment of joy when you take that first (big) helping of combined edible happiness, and hopefully it’s everything your brain needs it to be after the build-up you’ve given it.

This book is my first big bite. Book One was the icing and the cake tasted separately: the change and adapta
D
Cracked this book open and the next thing I know it’s done! Like wait, what, I did even realize how much time passed, this was wonderful follow-up book. I enjoyed the action, the plot and the unexpectedness of aspects of the book.

Liana continues forth with the strength expected of her station, but she is still a fun-loving, down-to-earth kind of gal. I do like that she does build a relationship with a secondary female character which in RH can at times be unheard of. Liana shows her affection a
Lauren
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much action and drama!!!

Ohhhh this book was so good...even better than the first in my opinion!!! There was so much happening here, betrayal, deceit, suspense, drama, action, sexy times, and declarations of devotion and love. Liana is such a strong and formidable character and I absolutely love reading about her! Her demeanor and attitude makes for the perfect Queen. She isn’t a pushover and takes a stand to keep her birthright.

All 4 of her men are completely devoted to her and her wellbeing
Faye
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Liana's story continues. I definitely love the interactions between Liana and her guys. The males are very protective of her and they usually, well, not all, listen to her opinions. We also learn some of the their background. I'd love to know more about the history of each one and also Tiernan. There wasn't much said about his. We also learn a bit more of the Draconian race but not enough. As much as I love the romance between Liana and her men, the plot thickens in this story and it is quite a ...more
Tiffany Copple
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for Bound by Secret by Elena Lawson. This is book two in The Queen’s Consort series. Book two picks up right where book one left us. Liana has to face Thana’s betrayal, along with facing the fact that people want her dead. More of the story is starting to develop. Liana has no idea what her Grace actually is. While, her men are trying to help her, they don’t seem to believe her like in book one. I was not a fan of that. I kinda wanted to smack them, just saying. The romance isn’t as prev ...more
Teralyn Mitchell
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review***

I really enjoyed this second installment of The Queen's Consorts. I loved seeing Liana and her four males but I would have liked a little more romance. I would have liked her males save for one to trust her judgment and see how obviously creepy and weird it was for that ancient male to return to court. I liked seeing more of Tiernan and Liana together. She has something different with each of her males that made each of the relationships un
Samantha Shaffer
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, steam-rh
Word of advice to Liana's males she is always right, and you are idiots. Even though they drive me nuts in this one for not trusting her I ate this book up. I loved it just as much as the first one and I can not wait to read book three. I had so many emotions through this book I almost cried at the end I literally yelled no about a hundred times until I got to the end. There is not much steam here there are hints of it, but you really see how bounded they are, and how much they love Liana. I hon ...more
Natalia Navarro
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book and how the plot is developing, it's an easy and fast pace writing that will keep you reading till the last page. Glad to see Liana and Alaric finally were together, he's my favorite 😍... But the other three hot males are waiting their turn... The last chapters are more intense, I was bitting my nails, but all turned out just fine and now they have more info about the mad king and Liana is more in control of her graces... Looking forward to read book 3, is going to be awe ...more
Jocelyn LeDonne
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation of book one's storyline. As Liana and her guards search for answers not only about her graces but about the Mad King and Morgana. They have to keep vigilant of their enemies, as an ancient warrior returns to the kingdom under strange circumstances and creates more problems. I am thoroughly intrigued by this series and the characters are so interesting and both books are detailed and well written and the storyline is great. I can't wait to read more.
Cara
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not so Amazing Male Leads

It really is disappointing that the female characters are pretty well written, and the male leads are acceptable, except for Alaric who kinda ruined this series for me.

He was supposed to be serious and cool headed, but he is the most impatient of them and the one who makes stupid decisions. I wish he acted smarter like Tiernan, who seems more like a captain figure at the moment. Alaric can just be the muscle-head.
K
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book two of the Queen of Consort’s series, sees Liana becoming more of a queen. She begins to develop deeper relationships with some of her guardians. Their relationships are real and engaging. The world in which they find themselves in continues to grow and develop. Excellent read and can’t wait for more.
Toma
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Again a 4.5 star read! This time I could not pinpoint exactly what made this a less than 5 star read but I know I will not be rereading it asap, so let's leave it at that. Particularly I loved the build up towards sexual intimacy and the relationship building between the heroine and her harem.
Shamima
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't expecting this trilogy to be so intense but I ended up 1-shoting them all.

I love how Liana is a strong female lead and even through all the heartbreak and betrayals, she continues on because she knows its her responsibility to keep her kingdom safe.
Channy
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Liana and her guards are back and things are heating up. I like how the world in this series continues to build and add new, interesting characters to the mix. These developments have left the story feeling fresh and who doesn't love a good book about the fae!
Lawanda Gail
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance

In book 2 Liana is trying to come to terms with her powers. She has feelings for her 4 Royal guards. She is the Queen and this is forbidden. There is treachery from a surprising source. I hope her story doesn't end in tragedy. I love a HEA.
The Stalker's Stalker
Great fae series

One of the best fae series I've ever read. The emotion is there. I felt the tension. It was beautiful. I'm considering getting Kindle unlimited for this author alone!
April
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I absolutely love this series. It has an fantastic plot and amazing characters. I can't wait to see what happens next. It could be a little more steamy but it is well written and a great read.
Lucy
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The mad king lives

Finally more fighting, stubbornness and love from the group. She has 4 men as her guard and an old hero shows up. Guys love his fame and legend yet out queen is weary of him. Is he the good of bad guy. Will she lose anymore friends. Cannot wait for book 3
Heather Lynn
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Just as good as the first. Definitely had me in my feelings. So glad everything worked out in the end.
Sarah Cleaver
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

So much happening its amazing. Love this series. Liana and her men are brilliant. Love ainsley such a sweet character
Tammy
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fast-paced read by Lawson. Story is still interesting and her relationship with her guards is becoming more developed. The Mad King is making a showing now. Looking forward to the next!
Tasha
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a quick read! I enjoyed it and am excited to see where this leads from here. Hopefully there will be much more adventure in the next one!
Heather
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great second book in the series, lots of action and double-crossing happening.
I really like the MC Liana. She’s strong and capable. I can’t wait to see how the series ends.
Courtney
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Not going to finish this series lost interest unfortunately
Lea McKee
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steamy fantasy romance

Fans of high fantasy like ACOTAR will love this quick read! Steamy, intense, magical. It’s got all the bells and whistles. Can’t wait for Seduced by Power!
Jess
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were a number of continuity and editing errors in this one. "He" instead of "her", clunky sentences, sentence fragments, obvious spell check or auto correct error that should have been easily caught with a basic proof reading. There were also continuity errors sometimes even with a paragraph, ie: emotions and ice were the graces I had the most difficulty conquering so we were working on those, oh and I still couldn't weird Tiernan's earth grace. I mean seriously, that is a sloppy paragraph ...more
Jennifer Billings
Love, action, twists, shocks, sadness, perfection

I was so pulled into to book 1 and yet this one brought me in even more. The action, sadness, love, twists, shocks were all so amazing. This can't put down book is well worth the time. I also really enjoyed reading it through each of their POV's I don't normally like switching POV'S but in this book it was perfection and almost screamed to be in all their voices. Bring on book 3!
Tracy
Jul 22, 2020
Mikayla
Dec 25, 2018
gedi onda
Jun 08, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Seduced by Blood (The Vampires' Fae, #2)
  • Ruined by Blood (The Vampires' Fae, #3)
  • Saved by Blood (The Vampires' Fae, #1)
  • Relentless (Sever the Crown #4)
  • Ascension (Sever the Crown #5)
  • Elemental Fae Academy: Book Three (Elemental Fae Academy #3)
  • Defiance (Sever the Crown, #2)
  • Emergence (Sever the Crown, #1)
  • Wolf Hunted (The Last Shifter, #1)
  • Taken by Storm (Storms of Blackwood #1)
  • Elemental Fae Academy: Book Two (Elemental Fae Academy #2)
  • Stormy Nights (Storms of Blackwood #2)
  • Wolf Called (The Last Shifter, #2)
  • Obsession (Sever the Crown #3)
  • Broken Princess (Feline Royals #1)
  • Fated Magic (Claimed by Wolves, #1)
  • Magic Flame (Half-Blood Academy #5)
  • Frost Fae (Dark Fae Kings #2)
Elena lives in a small town in Canada with her family. She writes reverse harem fantasy romance stories full of feisty heroines, unforgettable heroes and spellbinding romance. When she comes out of her writing cave, she can be found obsessively rearranging her bookshelves, drinking wine somewhere sunny, or cooking overly fancy meals for her family and friends.

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aut

The Queen's Consorts (3 books)
  • Claimed by Night (The Queen's Consorts, #1)
  • Seduced by Power (The Queen's Consorts #3)

News & Interviews