Start by marking “Wolf Tamer (Claiming My Pack #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Tamer (Claiming My Pack #1)

Wolf Tamer

(Claiming My Pack #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,265 ratings  ·  168 reviews
An Orphan Girl. A Group of Wolves. A Destined Fate for War.

Don't you ever wish to find where you belong? A place where you can rest your head without worrying about being jumped or your possessions being taken from you? Not like I had much, to say the least.

Published October 6th 2018 (first published October 4th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Tamer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Tamer

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Wolf Tamer (Claiming My Pack #1)
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Be sure to check out my blog over at The Bent Bookworm!*~

Rant ahead. You have been warned. If you liked this book, go ahead and stop reading.

This book was absolutely horrible. HORRIBLE. I usually love shifter stories, and stories with strong female leads. But the writing, the characters, the plot (lack thereof?) was just...omg. Such a train wreck. I only finished because I did receive a copy for a review.

Characters

Harper and Ian are the most perfectly perfect people you've ever met. Phys
Viki /LostForReal/
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poly, shifters
So... you know there are these two reasons for writing?

Like, one is that you write the book so that someday it will be someone´s favorite. So that you will create a story someone connects with the way you connected with so many great books and you think you know how to write something the people will like or even love and it might even change their day or days or lives.

The second one is writing the book you want to read. Like with the quote by Ghandi, instead of being a change you want to be in
Crack A Book Cafe
This is a sweet and exciting story of childhood friendship and a pack of wolves whose destinies will intertwine to become something amazing!

Orphaned at the age of 5 and alone, Harper Blake is a mystery. Found in the woods and saved by our MC Ian, she ends up floating from foster home to foster home. Until she’s taken in by the Sacred Moon Shelter for Endangered Wolves, where Ian also lives. With no clear memories, all she has left to connect her to her past is a pendant, ancient blade and a pict
❤Bibi's Book Blog❤
This is the third series I'm reading by this author, and I have to say, based the other books I've read, she's quickly becoming one of my favourite reverse harem authors. The worlds she create are so enchanting and intriguing. The characters are three dimensional and no matter how big or small a part they play in the grand scheme of things, Yumo always makes sure to not make them fillers! So I was excited to start this new series. But unfortunately this book didn't live up to my expectations.

I
Eva Millien
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This paranormal reverse harem romantic serial is off to a great start. The characters are strong, compelling and easily capture readers’ attentions right from the start. The chemistry sizzles and the passion is hot while the romance is quite sweet. Harper tugs at readers’ heartstrings as this first part of the romance gives readers her beginnings and how she came to be where she is at and how she came to fall in love with Ian, her first love. The story is full of emotional turmoil and has some d ...more
Patty
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can tell this will be a highly addictive series.  In this first book we start in the beginning when Harper is five years old and her family is murdered.  Left to die Harper is found by a wolf, "Wolfie."  Harper is special.  She just doesn't know it yet.  As the story continues we learn more about Harper after her family is murdered.  She gets adopted and grows to a beautiful young woman.  Her and "Wolfie", better know as Ian.  Ian is her best friend and later becomes her mate.  But Harper is d ...more
Harper's parents were hunted down and killed in front of her. Luckily she got away and found her way to a couple that runs a sanctuary for endangered wolves. There she grows up with another orphan, Ian, who shares his secret about being a wolf shifter. She fits right in at the sanctuary and sees it as her responsibility to protect the pack of wolves that live there.

This book started out pretty good but got lost along the way. I didn't like how all the reveals happened at the last minute in the
Ashley Knipp
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
It’s super meh.

This book was ok in the beginning, but then towards the middle and end it turned into a “plot of convenience”. What I mean by that is that every single thing that happened in middle and end was way too conveniently placed to move the plot in a direction that didn’t necessarily have a good flow.
Then there’s the fact (without giving out spoilers) that based on the main characters relationships with her parental figures it makes little to no sense how she was betrayed in the end.
T
Tiera McMillian
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: july2019
2.5 - 3 stars. I don't think I was expecting this at all. First off this first book in the series follows our FMC and at least one of the MMC's as children through the important parts of their life. I mean I don't exactly know what is happening here as we saw most everything through the eyes of a child but I didn't think the author really did to bad of a job, creating the atmosphere of experience through a child's eyes. I kept expecting it to cut to them being grown up but it never did. It threw ...more
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on http://bookaddict.live,
My first memories are from when I was 5 years old when I am running for my life and Ian a seven year finds me and takes me back to a wild life sanctuary specially for Wolves.
Harper Blake runs for her life , fighting for her life when she found by seven year old Ian. They become inseparable. While living at the sanctuary she takes care of the wolves. This is a great start to a new series and covers a lot of world building.
As we get to know Ian and Harper who spe
Jessica Robbins
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle
Mind Blowing

Okay I am loving this childhood into the present writing as it provides so much detail and why things are they say they are through the characters eyes. Harper is amazingly resilient after all she goes through which just makes me love her even more. The addition of the wolves is incredible and the direction the story is going just blew my mind. I was hooked from page one and with an ending like that I definitely need book two. I totally loved it so I give it 5/5 stars.
Runningrabbit
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun

Although this seriess doesn’t do anything new, it is still a good read. A fabulous enduring love togrthrt wit a great cast of characters. Going straight onto book two.and let’s hope book threebis soon to come along.
Geaizee
Nov 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish it. Adult talk coming out of little kids then back to kid talk, the steamy scenes, I just couldn't.
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received an eCopy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 Stars!

The Review:
Overall, this was an enjoyable read. It had a few problem areas but I liked the characters, the story and felt it was a good start to what I believe will be a great series! I’m looking forward to reading more from this author and more in this shifter-verse.

Story/Characters...
Harper Blake was five when her family was murdered. Running from the gunmen th
Tash
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review copy kindly provided by the author in exchange for a honest review

It’s been hard waiting for this book ever since it was announced as it paired two things. One of my favourite authors and they were writing about shifters.
I had high expectations for this book as I know the author’s writing and let’s face it wolf shifters are my thing. I can read any type of shifter but wolves are my favourite given the sheer amount out there and some of the most amazing reverse harem / ménages having them.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, paranormal, romance
Wolf Tamer is the first book in the Claiming My Pack series, and right off, I will say it's NOT Reverse Harem. Not yet. It's leading up to it, but not in this book.

Harper watches her family being murdered and manages to escape, although at a cost. She finds her way into the forest and is found by Wolfie. She is then found by Sam and Dolly, together with Rogan, who put her in the system to see if she can find a forever home away from them. This doesn't work, so she ends up with them, much to litt
Margaret
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

** * An Orphan Girl. A Group of Wolves. A Destined Fate for War. * **

A pendant, an ancient blade, and a picture of my murdered family were all I had left when I was five years old. Foster homes to homeless shelters, I never found a place of refuge. I simply didn't belong, and everyone

Michelle
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Wolf Tamer is a paranormal romance by Yumoyori Wilson. Wolf Tamer is the first book in the Claiming my pack series and it is also the first book I have had the pleasure to read by author Yumoyori Wilson. Wolf shifters is something that my readings tastes go in phases with. Sometimes I love books featuring shifters and sometimes I burn out on the trope. At the moment, I am really into shifter paranormal romances. So w
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
T.
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Much as I usually enjoy Yumoyori's stories, so much of the book was through the perspective of, first, a five-six year old, and then a pre-teen and 16 year old. And that's roughly the first half of the book. I dislike books from a child or teen's perspective, especially when I am expecting an urban fantasy action story. I grew impatient for Harper just to grow up and the story to progress. Too many of the sub-plots were too transparent and when Harper couldn't figure out basic storylines, I was ...more
Sebanti
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
go to this page to enter the free giveaway now!
Calm Your Pits
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love

Cannot wait to find out what happens next! And most definitely will need some time spent with the other guys now thats she knows more. And a mother meeting!
Brittany
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
The start is honestly really bad, I only pushed through it because I've read reviews of the second book absolutely gushing about it. The end kinda redeems it, but honestly if you absolutely hate reading even just the first couple chapters you're going to hate this book. I'm excited to read the second book of the series though based off the ending to this one.
M Robo
May 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
First things first, I dont know any 6 yr old or 12 yr old that speaks this way or has the inner dialogues Harper has, her vocabulary is that of a college graduate! It's incredibly distracting n I've almost dnf several times already because it just doesn't come across as authentic. "Overall I was really satisfied with life right now" (11 yr old) yeah right. Come on! Has the author even got kids cos mine sure dont speak like this. Never mind the ridiculous speech at 6! I'm really struggling to con ...more
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!

Ever since reading Yumoyori's Starlight Gods series, I've been in love with her books, soo when I saw this, I knew I HAD to read it.

Wolf Tamer has the most heartbreaking beginning I've ever read. I haven't cried while reading a book in a while, until this book. It follows Harper, an orphaned girl adopted by a couple running a wolf sanctuary. But Harper is no ordinary girl, and she soon learns that the wolves she surrounds herself with are a more than they seem as well.

The
Keryn
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harper Blake was five when her world crumbled around her...happy with her mum, dad and big brother until she sees them all murdered in cold blood right in front of her eyes. Her mother pressed the knife into her hands and told her to run from the bad men with guns....she ran with all she had in her little legs. Pop, pop, pop! The loud noises kept scaring her and she kept running....POP! Suddenly she feels a searing pain in her side and sees a hole in her body. What is going on? Even at five she ...more
Britt B
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Had potential, but...

I had a hard time figuring the world of this book- okay wolf sanctuaries that have shifters in them to hide from actual society. Okay, but how is the world in this setting- why were they hiding, any other supernaturals in this world?! I was left with so many questions and assumptions based off of the wording. More world and character development is needed.

Sorry Spoilers:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1) Why would they want a non human child being raised in h
Jennifer G
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The last thing that Harper remembered about her former life was her family being murdered and her mother yelling for her to run, to save the family legacy. With only her dagger and a picture, 5-year-old Harper literally runs for her life, runs as fast as she can. But it's not enough. She's shot and goes over a cliff. Presumed dead the little girl is discovered and saved by ....a wolf. She's taken back to Sacred Moon Shelter for Endangered Wolves and eventually, it becomes her home. The sanctuary ...more
Jenn
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Divided

There's just enough of interest here to warrant 3 stars, but barely. First there's the Mary Sue characters who when they were discussing their own flawless appearances made me want to yak. Because seriously? Conceited much? Then there's everyone's ridiculous height, she six foot and all the men are at least 6'5" apparently they're from the land of giants. Not really but come on was making them that tall really necessary? I could go on about the appearance stuff for a while because it was
Maria
Jan 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Taming (To Tame a Shifter #1)
  • No Alpha (The Alpha Brothers, #1)
  • SSS: Year One (Supernatural Spy School, #1)
  • Different (Shifter Academy, #1)
  • Hunted by Shadows (Shadowborn #1)
  • No Claim (The Alpha Brothers, #2)
  • SSS: Year Two (Supernatural Spy School, #2)
  • Hungry for Her Wolves (Hungry for Her Wolves, #1)
  • New Beginnings (Hollow Crest Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Claiming (To Tame a Shifter #2)
  • Monster (Shifter Academy, #2)
  • Smoke and Wishes (Best Wishes #1)
  • Triskele (The TriAlpha Chronicles, #2)
  • The Lost and the Chosen (The Lost Sentinel, #1)
  • Variant Lost (The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy, #1)
  • Infinity Chronicles: Book One (Infinity Chronicles #1)
  • Stained Egos (Salsang Chronicles, #1)
  • Trinity (TriAlpha Chronicles, #1)

Claiming My Pack (3 books)
  • Wolf Seeker (Claiming My Pack, #2)
  • Wolf Lover (Claiming My Pack #3)

News & Interviews