Start by marking “The Son & His Hope (The Ribbon Duet, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Son & His Hope (The Ribbon Duet, #3)

The Son & His Hope

(The Ribbon Duet #3)

“Things you should know about me from the very beginning:
I was born to true love, witnessed the destruction it causes, and vowed never to let such agony happen to me. I am not a story-teller like my father. I am not a writer like my mother. I am just a son—their son.
I am happy being alone.
And that is all I ever want to be.”

JACOB
The day he was born, Jacob learned his harde
Published February 12th 2019

Start your review of The Son & His Hope (The Ribbon Duet, #3)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic ’THE SUN & HIS HOPE’ is the third book in Pepper Winters ‘The Ribbon Duet' series. It picks up where the second book left off.

5 GUT-WRENCHING 'WILD ONE & LITTLE LACE' STARS

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Jacob's downfall started occurring when his parents life was made into a movie, seeing it on the big screen of the premiere and re-living the last moments of his father's life had an ever lasting effect on fourteen year old Jacob.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I almost cried! With The Son & His Hope, Pepper Winters tore my heart out, shredded it, tossed it around like a play thing, stomped it on the ground like a celebratory football, and then soothingly and gently placed it back in my chest whole again. The Wilds sure know how to tug on the heart strings, taking readers on an emotional journey not to be missed. Any story that can evoke so many feelings from me is always a winner in my book.

I remember the joy I felt when Jacob was born. I was so happy
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's LIVE!

First of all, I must say if you truly want to understand Jacob's pain you have to read "The Boy and His Ribbon & The Girl and Her Ren." <3

I loved Hope Jacinta Murphy so, so much. She was a very unique heroine. I also loved Jacob Ren Wild but ugh he literally pissed me off the whole book. Don't get me wrong, I understand his pain, his struggle but my god, that man sucked my whole energy. :-/

But overall I enjoyed Hope & Jacob's journey and I high
Pepper Winters
Feb 09, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
THE SON & HIS HOPE
Nook: https://bit.ly/2Tzq5GP
Amazon.uk: https://amzn.to/2SylPKr
Amazon.ca: https://amzn.to/2TA7gDv
Amazon.au: https://amzn.to/2Dge81D

Audio coming in a few weeks by Will M Watt and Hayden Bishop.
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have been on pins and needles waiting for this book because I absolutely loved the Ribbon Duet series. Ren and Della hold a special place in my heart and having the chance to read about their son’s own love story, I really could not wait. I knew going into this that it wasn’t going to be easy but we were going to witness another earth shattering love story in the making and you could never go wrong with reading something like that.

Fourteen year old Jacob has had a lot to manage in the past
Sentranced Jem
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2019
FOR GOODREADS

NOTE: This is SPOILER- FREE Review

I may be a faithful reader of Pepper Winter with an obvious loyalty towards The Ribbon Duet but with The Son & His Hope, Winter has blown my mind!

I am not joking when I say that I was scared to read this book. I stared. I stalled. But I finally put on my big girl panties and read the book. Just like I knew it was going to happen, I burst into tears even before the prologue FINISHED!!!

With the masterpiece of Ren and Della's story, I was a little nervous to
Olga therebelreader
The Son & His Hope is full of volatile, raw emotion and is difficult to get through at times. The emotions stirred from this book’s telling are intense and heart wrenching. It contains despair, death, ordeal but, also, love, beauty, and hope. The author’s writing is rich in detail creating a vivid atmosphere for her story to unfold. There was nothing dry about this book; I did laugh, I did cry, at times, my heart beat a bit faster from suspense and romance and I absolutely loved the ending.
I ju
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 empty stack of tissues stars

This book:

-made me cry;

-made me smile;

-frustrated me (I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to bash Jacob’s thick skull)!!!!;

-made me fall in love with these characters all over again (even the ones who had left us);

-impressed me because damn, Hope is a strong girl!

-made me think about life, about death, about grief, about our purpose;

-made me worry about Jacob, as much as Della did;

-made me FEEL!

Warning: don’t read this review if you haven’t read the Ribbon’
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I was on the fence about my rating for this book...

description

I'll be honest I could have rated it a whole lot lower since I truly struggled with the line between broody and outright a waste of time hero. I did even contemplate stopping along the way.

description

I'm not sure if Jacob won me over in the end, yet I did like the story as whole and loved the writing.

"Life is too precious just to finish and not transform into something else."
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 Omg omg <3

Radd Reader
Grace
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Before I get into this review, I think it is worth noting that the Ribbon duet was one of my favorites last year. So, I hold Della and Ren’s story in high regard.

While I felt that Jacob, Della and Ren’s son, found his match in this book, the process was a bit draining. To give you a heads up and prepare you, this is definitely a slooooooow burn story.

Hope Jacinta Murphy is probably introduced to Jacob Ren Wild at the worst time, as he is forced to watch his parents love story and then death on t
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5"Wild Heart" Stars ⭐️
When it comes to Pepper Winters’s books, there’s no doubt that I’m completely addicted to her words. There’s something truly poetic and enchanting about her writing style and it never fails to give me all the feels! The Son & his Hope was my most anticipated release of 2019 and I knew I was in for a memorable emotional read! However, I wasn’t prepared for this degree of raw emotions that kept me choking on my tears all read long! This story is tragic and painful, but
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

‘Della had to remember how to laugh without tears. Jacob had to learn to live without fear.’

Unrequited love. It may just be the most agonising love of all, and in The Son and His Hope, Pepper Winters sure did deliver the pain in her powerfully moving story. You name it, we felt it. Sadness, anger, frustration, heartache, and maybe, just maybe, a small twinge of hope, however fleeting it was. But our overall feeling? That would be the torment and sadness we suffered on Hope’s behalf. Hope broke o
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews

The Son & His Hope by Pepper Winters
GENRE: Coming of Age Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Part of the Ribbon Duet
AUDIO AVAILABLE? Not yet but will follow shortly

MY THOUGHTS
What a Wild and amazing ride Pepper Winters took me on with this amazing masterpiece. This book broke my heart over and over again, threw me to the curb, kicked me around and then piece by piece put me back together again.

I am still emotional just thinking about this story even a day after finishing it. Pepp
☽Ari
5 I'm entirely and utterly ruined stars

OMG I can't believe I fucking survived this book!

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Read my entire review on my blog at Readin' Under Street-Lamps

If The Boy & His Ribbon was the easiest book to read in this entire saga, and The Girl & Her Ren was the most difficult, then this book is something of a love child, because when it was effortlessly heart-wrenching in plot, it was desperately vulnerable in it’s voice. And I haven’t been more haunted by a story before this.

I
Sophie's Reading Corner
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

The Ribbon Duet was one of my favorite book series I've read last year. I've loved it and I cried for it. I couldn't help but read the third part of this series and I don't regret a thing. This was definitely a closure to this beautiful series.

The story follows Jacob, the son of Della and Ren when his mother's book is turned into a movie. He hates everything and everyone and that includes the actor's daughter, Hope. Years come and go and he still can't open himself to get close to peopl
April
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
This book gutted me. I thought I was ready. I thought I could stay strong. But I was crying before the end of the prologue, and sobbing my face off for most of the book. The memories and grief are crushing. And Jacob... Jacob, Jacob, Jacob... so sad, lonely, and broken. He broke my heart to pieces. Sweet Hope is such a loyal friend and light through the dark that he can’t see shining. Their relationship through the years is filled to the brim with pain and love. Pepper is bringing back ALL THE F ...more
Riley Ashby
Aug 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
Can my poor heart endure it???

Sofia Lazaridou
Feb 15, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When the reviewers are saying that the romance between Jacob and Hope is a slow burn they mean it. And when I say slow I mean slooooow, like 11 years slow. There isn't even enough romance, to begin with. I skipped some parts because I grew tired of the same pattern. Hope was trying to win Jacob's friendship for many years and he was always rude to her and was pushing her away. I could sum up the book to "Jacob is a douche". I haven't read The ribbon duet so I didn't have a connection to the char ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
2.5 ⭐'s

Sometimes it pays to listen to your inner critic...and I really should've listened.

We all know that Jacob went through something horrible but we had no idea how it would affect him. Certainly, it would affect him but the extent of that was overwhelming and depressing AF.

Honestly, this whole story is depressing AF. Not only for how Jacob is but the author decides to bless us with some more heartbreaking devastation as if we needed more.

And should I even mention Hope? She meets Jacob wh
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Pepper Winters / The son and his hope
🔥 NO SPOILERS REVIEW!!! 🔥
💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
the-son-and-his-hope

You know the saying that it's better to love and lose than not to love at all ...? 💔

📚 "... And just like his father, the love he has to give comes with torture and torment, and I pity the poor girl who falls for him." 📚

Jacob Wild is a special man who stole and broke my heart in the same time. I thought Ren was stubborn, but his son? Grrr!!! 😬
I felt sorry for him and hated him and loved him and hated him again and ag
Siobhan Davis
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Update after reading: Well that ripped my heart to shreds, but it was so worth it. I struggled to hold onto empathy for Jacob toward the end and his cruelty and selfishness was too much at times, but it was angsty AF and it had me racing through the pages, inhaling the story. At the 65% mark, I was ready to throw my kindle at the wall and I couldn't read through my blurry eyes. I understand why that happened, but it was bittersweet, and my poor heart couldn't take it. So much tragedy but I'm gla ...more
Dora Koutsoukou
Oct 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: emotional
(reposting my pov since it recently disappeared)

3,5 💔❤️💔⚡️🌪🌟🌟🌟s

I doubt if there is an emotion I haven’t felt while reading the story of the Wild One and his Hope...
I really loved Jacob and Hope. With their weaknesses and with their strengths. With their fears, doubts, insecurities, stubbornness and passion.
Every page where Della’s thoughts and feelings were expressed brought tears and when I read Ren’s letters, I couldn’t but sobbed....
The author’s writing was outstanding and touching.
I would
Nikki ღ Navareus
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Angst whores like me.
Recommended to Nikki ღ Navareus by: Human

I adored both The Boy & His Ribbon The Boy & His Ribbon (The Ribbon Duet, #1) by Pepper Winters and The Girl & Her Ren The Girl & Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2) by Pepper Winters , but I was devastated and shattered by sadness when I finished the second story, and I needed a good amount of time to lick my wounds before finally diving into A Boy and his Hope. (view spoiler) This story's hero and heroine both had their own sad stories to tell. It dredged up sadness from the previous stories as well, but this s
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
♥ 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 ♥

"The emptiness only grew worse, slithering cold and chilling, freezing me into nothing.
I tried to cry, to feel, to live.
But I had nothing.
No grief.
No regret.
No shame.
Just a severing, sombre silence, cutting me from the world of the living. "

The Son & His Hope by Pepper Winters in simple terms was absolutely poetic. It was brimming with raw, powerful, emotion that has stolen my heart. The unique storyline, wonderful well thought out characters and the depth of emotion
Beatrix
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Even though I loved the story of Jacob's parents more (The Boy & His Ribbon & The Girl & Her Ren) I'm still glad I read this.

Jacob and Hope were not Ren & Della, but still the author managed to weave a great story. I loved the atmosphere and the setting, and I really hope the author continues to write in this world. *wink*
Anna Valsa
Feb 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
The 1 star is ONLY for Della and Ren.
I am so tired and angry for reading this book.
I am disappointed.
This book is not a love story.
This is a book about death and fear of living.
The love came at the last 10%of the book. But it was too late.
😬😴😱😭👻🎀
╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺
Damn!! I'm still dying from Ren and Della giving us their story, this will kill me for sure! ...more

• Method
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Can't Touch This (Can't Touch This, #1)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • A Place Without You
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • When Ashes Fall (Moments in Boston, #1)
  • Savaged
  • When August Ends
  • Jersey Six
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • Overture (North Security, #1)
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Repeat
  • Better Than This (Nine Minutes Spin-Off, #3)
Pepper Winters is a multiple New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today International Bestseller.

She currently has thirty books released in nine languages. She’s hit best-seller lists (USA Today, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal) thirty-three times. She dabbles in multiple genres, ranging from Dark Romance to Coming of Age.

After chasing her dreams to become a full-time writer, Pepp

The Ribbon Duet (3 books)
  • The Boy & His Ribbon (The Ribbon Duet, #1)
  • The Girl & Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2)

News & Interviews