Start by marking “The Son & His Hope” as Want to Read:
The Son & His Hope

The Son & His Hope

“Things you should know about me from the very beginning:
I was born to true love, witnessed the destruction it causes, and vowed never to let such agony happen to me. I am not a story-teller like my father. I am not a writer like my mother. I am just a son—their son.
I am happy being alone.
And that is all I ever want to be.”

JACOB
The day he was born, Jacob learned his harde
Published February 12th 2019

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic’THE SUN & HIS HOPE’ is the third book in Pepper Winters ‘The Ribbon Duet' series. It picks up where the second book left off.

5 GUT-WRENCHING 'WILD ONE & LITTLE LACE' STARS

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Jacob's downfall started occurring when his parents life was made into a movie, seeing it on the big screen of the premiere and re-living the last moments of his father's life had an ever lasting effect on fourteen year old Jacob. It was
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's LIVE!

First of all, I must say if you truly want to understand Jacob's pain you have to read "The Boy and His Ribbon & The Girl and Her Ren." <3

I loved Hope Jacinta Murphy so, so much. She was a very unique heroine. I also loved Jacob Ren Wild but ugh he literally pissed me off the whole book. Don't get me wrong, I understand his pain, his struggle but my god, that man sucked my whole energy. :-/

But overall I enjoyed Hope & Jacob's journey
Natalie The Biblioholic
I almost cried! With The Son & His Hope, Pepper Winters tore my heart out, shredded it, tossed it around like a play thing, stomped it on the ground like a celebratory football, and then soothingly and gently placed it back in my chest whole again. The Wilds sure know how to tug on the heart strings, taking readers on an emotional journey not to be missed. Any story that can evoke so many feelings from me is always a winner in my book.

I remember the joy I felt when Jacob was born. I was so h
Pepper Winters
Feb 09, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
THE SON & HIS HOPE
Nook: https://bit.ly/2Tzq5GP
Amazon.uk: https://amzn.to/2SylPKr
Amazon.ca: https://amzn.to/2TA7gDv
Amazon.au: https://amzn.to/2Dge81D

Audio coming in a few weeks by Will M Watt and Hayden Bishop.
Akiko
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3-4 Stars, for different parts of the story.

This is a story about Hope Murphy from the age of 11 to 21, and Jacob Wild, from the age of 14 to 24.

Hope has dealt with tragedy at an early age, and so has Jacob, but unlike Hope, Jacob lets the fear of the past cripple him from opening up to others. Throughout the story Hope and Jacob bicker, and come in and out of each other's lives over the years.

I loved Hope for most of the story! She was my favorite! Jacob was so moody, and he drove me a bit bana
Jemima
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2019
FOR GOODREADS

NOTE: This is SPOILER- FREE Review

I may be a faithful reader of Pepper Winter with an obvious loyalty towards The Ribbon Duet but with The Son & His Hope, Winter has blown my mind!

I am not joking when I say that I was scared to read this book. I stared. I stalled. But I finally put on my big girl panties and read the book. Just like I knew it was going to happen, I burst into tears even before the prologue FINISHED!!!

With the masterpiece of Ren and Della's story, I was a little nervous to r
Olga therebelreader
The Son & His Hope is full of volatile, raw emotion and is difficult to get through at times. The emotions stirred from this book’s telling are intense and heart wrenching. It contains despair, death, ordeal but, also, love, beauty, and hope. The author’s writing is rich in detail creating a vivid atmosphere for her story to unfold. There was nothing dry about this book; I did laugh, I did cry, at times, my heart beat a bit faster from suspense and romance and I absolutely loved the ending. ...more
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have been on pins and needles waiting for this book because I absolutely loved the Ribbon Duet series. Ren and Della hold a special place in my heart and having the chance to read about their son’s own love story, I really could not wait. I knew going into this that it wasn’t going to be easy but we were going to witness another earth shattering love story in the making and you could never go wrong with reading something like that.

Fourteen year old Jacob has had a lot to manage in the past fe
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 empty stack of tissues stars

This book:

-made me cry;

-made me smile;

-frustrated me (I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to bash Jacob’s thick skull)!!!!;

-made me fall in love with these characters all over again (even the ones who had left us);

-impressed me because damn, Hope is a strong girl!

-made me think about life, about death, about grief, about our purpose;

-made me worry about Jacob, as much as Della did;

-made me FEEL!

Warning: don’t read this review if you haven’t read the Ribbon’
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 Omg omg <3

Jennifer Kyle
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I was on the fence about my rating for this book...

description

I'll be honest I could have rated it a whole lot lower since I truly struggled with the line between broody and outright a waste of time hero. I did even contemplate stopping along the way.

description

I'm not sure if Jacob won me over in the end, yet I did like the story as whole and loved the writing.

"Life is too precious just to finish and not transform into something else."
Radd Reader
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews

The Son & His Hope by Pepper Winters
GENRE: Coming of Age Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Part of the Ribbon Duet
AUDIO AVAILABLE? Not yet but will follow shortly

MY THOUGHTS
What a Wild and amazing ride Pepper Winters took me on with this amazing masterpiece. This book broke my heart over and over again, threw me to the curb, kicked me around and then piece by piece put me back together again.

I am still emotional just thinking about this story even a day after finishing it. Pe
Book Maniac Forever

5"Wild Heart" Stars
When it comes to Pepper Winters’s books, there’s no doubt that I’m completely addicted to her words. There’s something truly poetic and enchanting about her writing style and it never fails to give me all the feels! The Son & his Hope was my most anticipated release of 2019 and I knew I was in for a memorable emotional read! However, I wasn’t prepared for this degree of raw emotions that kept me choking on my tears all read long! This story is tragic and painful, but
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

‘Della had to remember how to laugh without tears. Jacob had to learn to live without fear.’

Unrequited love. It may just be the most agonising love of all, and in The Son and His Hope, Pepper Winters sure did deliver the pain in her powerfully moving story. You name it, we felt it. Sadness, anger, frustration, heartache, and maybe, just maybe, a small twinge of hope, however fleeting it was. But our overall feeling? That would be the torment and sadness we suffered on Hope’s behalf. Hope broke o
Grace
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Before I get into this review, I think it is worth noting that the Ribbon duet was one of my favorites last year. So, I hold Della and Ren’s story in high regard.

While I felt that Jacob, Della and Ren’s son, found his match in this book, the process was a bit draining. To give you a heads up and prepare you, this is definitely a slooooooow burn story.

Hope Jacinta Murphy is probably introduced to Jacob Ren Wild at the worst time, as he is forced to watch his parents love story and then death on t
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
This book gutted me. I thought I was ready. I thought I could stay strong. But I was crying before the end of the prologue, and sobbing my face off for most of the book. The memories and grief are crushing. And Jacob... Jacob, Jacob, Jacob... so sad, lonely, and broken. He broke my heart to pieces. Sweet Hope is such a loyal friend and light through the dark that he can’t see shining. Their relationship through the years is filled to the brim with pain and love. Pepper is bringing back ALL THE F ...more
Riley Ashby
Aug 02, 2018 marked it as to-read-romance
Can my poor heart endure it???

April
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Siobhan Davis
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Update after reading: Well that ripped my heart to shreds, but it was so worth it. I struggled to hold onto empathy for Jacob toward the end and his cruelty and selfishness was too much at times, but it was angsty AF and it had me racing through the pages, inhaling the story. At the 65% mark, I was ready to throw my kindle at the wall and I couldn't read through my blurry eyes. I understand why that happened, but it was bittersweet, and my poor heart couldn't take it. So much tragedy but I'm gla ...more
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
4 STARS

The Ribbon Duet was one of my favorite book series I've read last year. I've loved it and I cried for it. I couldn't help but read the third part of this series and I don't regret a thing. This was definitely a closure to this beautiful series.

The story follows Jacob, the son of Della and Ren when his mother's book is turned into a movie. He hates everything and everyone and that includes the actor's daughter, Hope. Years come and go and he still can't open himself to get close to peopl
Dora Koutsoukou
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 ❤💔❤💔⚡🌪🌟🌟🌟🌟s

I doubt if there is an emotion I haven’t felt while reading the story of the Wild One and his Hope...
I really loved Jacob and Hope. With their weaknesses and with their strengths. With their fears, doubts, insecurities, stubbornness and passion.

“Hope was the one person who could end my life all by loving me.” Jacob

Every page where Della’s thoughts and feelings were expressed brought tears and when I read Ren’s letters, I couldn’t but sobbed....
The author’s writing was outstanding
Ari
OMG I can't believe I fucking survived this book!

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺
Damn!! I'm still dying from Ren and Della giving us their story, this will kill me for sure!
Vickie
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-reads
What can I say about Jacobs story without giving anything away? Not a lot. It’s not like I was expecting, he’s not what I was expecting. He’s....Jacob. He hasn’t had it easy, he’s not easy to get close to but underneath his standoffish exterior is a man that will make you fall head over heels for him. This man is going to frustrate you, he’s going to make your heart ache and he’s going to make you love him because when it comes to Jacob Wild there’s just no other option.

Hope is one of my favour
Beatrix
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Even though I loved the story of Jacob's parents more (The Boy & His Ribbon & The Girl & Her Ren) I'm still glad I read this.

Jacob and Hope were not Ren & Della, but still the author managed to weave a great story. I loved the atmosphere and the setting, and I really hope the author continues to write in this world. *wink*
Julia ➳ Tʜᴇ Rᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ Rᴇʙᴇʟꜱ
♥ 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 ♥

"The emptiness only grew worse, slithering cold and chilling, freezing me into nothing.
I tried to cry, to feel, to live.
But I had nothing.
No grief.
No regret.
No shame.
Just a severing, sombre silence, cutting me from the world of the living. "

The Son & His Hope by Pepper Winters in simple terms was absolutely poetic. It was brimming with raw, powerful, emotion that has stolen my heart. The unique storyline, wonderful well thought out characters and the depth of emotion cr
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
"I was once in love with a boy who didn’t love me the same way, and it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done to make him see otherwise. But it was worth it in the end."

Jacob Wild's story is so reminiscent of the unforgettable romance between his parents, it broke my heart again and again. The son of Ren Wild and Della Ribbon has become a man and despite the persistence of a brave young lady named Hope, Jacob Wild is adamant that he can't love anyone at all because eventually he'll be left all a
Julie
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
One of the harsh realities in life is the fact that death is inevitable. Della and Jacob know that losing Ren shouldn’t be such a force in their lives, but nonetheless, that tragedy still has a lasting effect today. Della remembers the past fondly. Using that love to drive her to look forward to the day that she will one day be reunited with Ren. For Jacob – the reality of watching his father’s life slip from this earth left him with a hole in his life that cannot be filled.

The depth of Della a
bookish_affair
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
♡ ♡𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 ♡ ♡
"𝐈’𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡. 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫."
This is one of the most hardest series to be reviewed because sometimes words are enough to express but when words are impossible to describe the emotions that you feel throughout the books.
"𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧’𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫."
There's nothing you could do apart from screaming on top of your lungs to everyone & let out everything,
Orelse you could just give silence the best answer and let
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • Savages
  • Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
  • Cards of Love: The Hermit
  • Commitment
  • Love Her Madly
  • Crazy Imperfect Love (Dirty Dicks, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.2)
  • Lost Boy
  • Judged (Wrecked #2)
  • A Million Drops of Rain (Puddle Jumping, #2)
  • Before Goodbye
  • The Boy in the Band (The Boy in the Band, #1)
  • Nightfall (Devil's Night, #4)
  • Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)
  • Take (Deliver, #5)
  • Method
  • Untitled (Getting Some, #2)
  • Iron Trophy
Pepper Winters is a multiple New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today International Bestseller.

After chasing her dreams to become a full-time writer, Pepper has earned recognition with awards for best Dark Romance, best BDSM Series, and best Hero. She’s an multiple #1 iBooks bestseller, along with #1 in Erotic Romance, Romantic Suspense, Contemporary, and Erotica Thriller. With 20 books
“We are all givers of life and granters of death—accept that you can’t change that… and you’re free.” 0 likes