Start by marking “Guardian Angel (Wilder Irish)” as Want to Read:
Guardian Angel (Wilder Irish)

Guardian Angel

(Wilder Irish #2.5)

You met Rory in February Stars. Now read the rest of her story.

Rory set herself up for super stardom, but the moment her dream comes true, life implodes with the death of her sister. She returns home to care for her orphaned niece...with the help of the man whose heart she broke a year earlier.

Kevin fell in love with his brother’s new sister-in-law at the wedding. What s
Published August 6th 2018 (first published June 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Guardian Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian Angel

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

As I expected, Mari Carr wrote another story that had me by the heart-strings right from the beginning of the story. I’m not surprised in the least that she gave us a strong, yet vulnerable woman and a man that that could give her everything her heart desires.

I was happy to be reading about Rory and that this novella started right at the end of February Stars. I was heart-broken for her as she gets the highest high and the lowest low all at the same time. It’s time for her to put her life in ord
Fedora
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mari Carr knocks it out of the park again.

This novella hits all the right notes and truly packs an emotional punch. We meet Rory Summit's character in Ms Carr's February Stars, but I don't believe you need to read that to fully appreciate Guardian Angel (you'll simply want to!). She and Kevin Sanders meet the weekend that their siblings get married, and what begins simply as a spark of attraction and fun flirtation ignites, and over the years, their handful of times together feed their growing f
Karen
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short.
Phuong
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mari Carr is a must-read author for me and she always deliver a well-written story and Guardian Angel was no exception. We got to meet Rory in February Stars and I'm glad she got her own story and happy ending. Rory has been through a roller coaster of emotions after her sister dies. The author did a fantastic job with this emotional and heartwarming story that touched me deeply. Kevin and Rory have a special connection and he was the perfect guy for her. I really enjoyed watching these two fina ...more
Toi
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Read

Sweet Read - what happens when you fall your brother in laws brother - then proceed to run until a tragedy brings you running back. Find out what happens to Rory and Kevin.
Elizabeth
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received this ARC for an honest review.

All the feels! Oh my goodness once I got past all the tears I truly fell for this couple and in the end rooted for them with a passion. From page one you could not see how they could try to fight love that doesn't come as naturally as theirs....well Rory fought a little harder.
Tamara
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Delightful read! So very happy to get Rory's story after reading a bit of her in February Stars.

Fun quick read, loved the characters...even Cheryl.
Tamara
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017

Fun quick read, loved the characters...even Cheryl.
Evita
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you read February Stars, then you know who Rory Summit is, I remember reading the end of that story and wondering how Rory was doing.

Rory and Kevin (her soon to be brother-in-law) met at her sister’s wedding, sparks flew and they reconnected whenever she comes to visit her sister in Hope Falls. Tragedy strikes and Rory and Kevin find themselves becoming guardians to their beloved niece.

Days go by and they find their attraction returning, after some awkwardness due to the fact that Rory had ba
Jana
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another emotional story by Mari Carr. Mari always has a way of bringing the characters into your heart and making you feel like you know them. This book is no different. Rory has given up so much for her music career and even though she feels something for Kevin her sisters brother in law she won't even slow down until she makes it. The emotional journey after that will make you want to keep tissues nearby. This can be read as a standalone but Mari's writing will make you want to go back and rea ...more
Debbie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet love

A sweet and unexpected twist of events. Rory had just won February Stars, a musical talent competition when she received a very sad phone call.
Trying to figure things out Rory and Kevin, her love interest and her sisters brothers in law, realize their true feelings for each other.
This was a short story but excellent with all the feels.
I would definitely recommend.
Selina Durio
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice quick read

It was great to read this continuation of February Stars. When that book ends Rory learns of the passing of her sister and her need to go raise her niece. This was a great follow up to learn how she fared giving up the rock star life. I love books like this that give additional tidbits about characters.
Chris Bails
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
💖 Rory and Kevin

So glad Rory got her HEA. Loved her in February Stars. Did not even know this book existed until yesterday. I devoured it in about 3 hours. So I'm love with both on these characters. Love Sparks Texas series.
Jennifer Crutchfield
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet novella with HEA. Can be read as stand-alone. Rory was introduced as a secondary character in February Stars. This is a second chance romance, but under sad circumstances. I enjoyed this short and sweet story!
Charliegirl1
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Too short, too easy

I was disappointed that there wasn't more to this book. There were a lot of flashbacks, but then it just ended quickly, and at on my 67%. It just seemed too short and after all of the build-up, the resolution too easy.
Mary Nykiel
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

I love the new Wilder Irish series by Mari Carr it
continues were the Wild Irish series left off. great storylines and in depth characters.
Tami czenkus
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love The Wilder Irish series and I was glad that Rory got her story and her HEA!! Great story with all the feels!!
Janet Rodman
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow
Katherine
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful heartfelt story that reminds us that sometimes our dreams blind us to what we really want in life
lovestoread
Love Rory and am so glad I got to read more about her in Guardian Angel.

Sad as hell what it took to bring Rory home, but her win in February Stars wasn't what she was looking for.

Life is short and you need to make the most of it, and if you aren't happy with what you are doing, make changes.

Kevin has been waiting for Rory for so long, he is having a tough time believing shes home to stay.

Looking after Angel and making sure she has a loving family may be just the thing to bring it all together f
Beverly Schulz
Jul 07, 2017
Georgia
Jul 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Too many years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and she has nearly eighty published works.

A Virginia native, Mari Carr is a New York Times and USA TODAY bestseller of contemporary erotic romance novels. With

Wilder Irish (7 books)
  • January Girl (Wilder Irish, #1)
  • February Stars (Wilder Irish, #2)
  • March Wind (Wilder Irish, #3)
  • April Fools (Wilder Irish, #4)
  • May Flowers (Wilder Irish, #5)
  • June Kisses (Wilder Irish, #6)
  • July Flames (Wilder Irish, #7)