Start by marking “Shadow Walker (Bloody Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Walker (Bloody Hearts, #1)

(Bloody Hearts #1)

Nothing stays black and white in a world full of shadows.

As a newborn witch, I am destined to die. Demons are waiting in line to kill me, own me, or simply harvest my blood.

Good thing I don’t believe in destiny.

Two brothers helped me escape. Thom is human, and he has an incredible sense of humor. Liam is an infuriating demon that not-so-secretly hungers for my blood.

The ot
Published January 17th 2019 by Anya J Cosgrove

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Walker, please sign up.

Whispering Stories
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Nia on www.whisperingstories.com

Who doesn’t love a good love triangle? Alana, a witch just coming into her powers, is taken away from her ordinary life to be kept safe from people who might hurt her, and to learn how to use her powers.

Luckily for her, she’s taken by two very attractive brothers, which definitely takes the edge off!

As a main character, Alana was busy either crying (understandable) or telling herself that she’s not a damsel in distress (patently untrue at this sta
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Review first appeared on The Bent Bookworm!*~

I am so excited to be able to give a high recommendation to Anya Cosgrove’s debut novel! This book was such a fun, entertaining read.
They say ignorance is bliss. I say ignorance gets you killed. I still miss it, though.

Best Things

- Um, the brothers! Duh. They’re very different but they’re both hot. Haha! Thom is the friendly, popular guy that everyone likes, and Liam is the brooding anti-hero. As you know by now, if you’ve read my blog for any le
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

I'm surprised by how much I liked this book and how much sleep I lost while making my way through it! The strange thing is that I usually dislike books that feature love triangles. I think I liked it because it wasn't the focal point in the story. Everything is up in the air at this point and there are more important things to deal with other than deciding who the main character wants.

Alana had her moments. Some kick*ss moments and other very whiny moments. I could sympathi
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Anya J. Cosgrove and Xpresso Book Tours!

Shadow Walker
is the first book in the Bloody Hearts series and tells the story of Anya, Thom and Liam. Shadow Walker is a slow-burn Paranormal Romance read.

Shadow Walker was the first book I read written by Anya J. Cosgrove and I’m happy that I chose to read this one. Shadow Walker has such an interesting story that puts you on the ed
Boundless Book Reviews
I voluntarily received an ARC of Shadow Walker, all thoughts and opinion are my own.

Shadow Walker blew me away with its originality and the depth of the world Cosgrove created on her freshman outing.  The story is fast-paced with loads of action, danger, and heroin that is easy to like.  Then there are the two gorgeous brothers one good one not so good.  Whatever is a girl to do?  I'll tell you, cut the sexual tension with a knife!  Even I wasn’t sure which one she should pick at times.

I had s
Neilliza Swaffar
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided by Netgalley/Tour Host, in exchange for an honest review**

I enjoyed reading the Shadow Walker. The story kept me engaged and interested. I do like all the characters, but confuse on how I feel about Alana. Alana has feelings for two brothers and is as confused as I am with how I feel about her. I can’t hate her for being the way she is with the brothers, but she did keep me on edge on how she would be with either one. Tom is the perfect guy and is clueless on what exactly is goin
Zoe Ashwood
I had the pleasure of reading this one as an advance reader's copy - and it pulled me in completely (I stayed up way past my bedtime). The world is very detailed and well-constructed, the romance is deliciously slow-burn, and the heroine is strong and capable without being one of those "I discovered magic and now I'm the strongest user in the history of time" types. If you're bothered by love triangles, this one might not be for you, but I haven't read one in ages, so I was perfectly happy to ro ...more
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
It all starts when on the eve of her twentieth birthday she gets attacked and kidnapped after her father has an accident and Alana panics and she wants him well, and not knowing how she did it heals him. After the ambulance goes with her parents in side. Suddenly after Alana is being kidnapped then rescued by Thom and his brother Liam.

Then the adventure starts even though Alana still doesn’t believe that she is a witch. Thom and Liam start to train Al
Maria Woods
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of the book collecting secrets from the author via Voracious Readers Only a very gripping book that sucks you in and you need to know what it happening next. I hope this is a start of a series and i Can't wait to read the next one.
Katherine Paschal
Can we just spend a second talking about the (incredibly attractive man on the) cover? I feel that with a cover like that this you might get the wrong impression that this was a romance book. Well, sorry to be a dream wrecker but this was not a steamy romance, instead it was an urban fantasy (which is the best kind of book!) with a subtle hint of romance. Expect an action packed ride, with scary encounters, some serious intensity, and an angsty love triangle where not everyone will win.

What is
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Shadow Walker is the first book in the Bloody Hearts series, and we start off with a young girl celebrating her 20th birthday. The boy she has had her eye on comes to her party with his grumpy brother, but leaves not long after midnight. Alana's life changes dramatically within a short period of time, and she copes with it well, whilst still throwing hissy fits at regular intervals. Not that I blame her, I'm just saying!

Now, be warned, although this is a slow-burn romance, there IS a love triang
Bianca
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy from Voracious Readers, and boy am I happy that I did!

This book is awesome, the pace is perfect throughout the story and builds up nicely. When you think you figured something out - bam, it will pull you in the other direction.

This book is about Alana, who's life changes totally after celebrating her birthday turned into saving her father's life. Instead of following him to the hospital, she gets kidnapped by strangers and saved by an even stranger person. When she wake
Stephanie
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exciting and action-packed love triangle story that had me at the edge of my seat. It would not be truthful of me if I did not admit that I had pre-ideas of this novel before reading it. The synopsis and cover gave me a sense that this was going to be a boring and lustful-romance story like all the other romance new adult that I have read, but I was more than pleasantly surprised to found that this story packs more than it lets on at first glance.
The heroine, Alana, was a feisty little thing
Space Cowgirl
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
How To Become A Witch Overnight🌛

Here's a book about Alana💃, a college student that suddenly finds she has turned into a witch overnight🌛 and is immediately immersed in a life and death struggle with demons👺 all over town wanting to drink her blood! Before, she never even knew demons👺 existed!

She concludes her wannabe boyfriend's brother , Liam👹, is one of these demons. Thom🐺, her friend, knows his brother is a demon, and they take dire steps at times to stop him from killing. This time it's Ala
Brittani
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An official review to come but holy smokes this was such a good book!

Okay now for my official review.

So, the black and white of it? I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK.

Loved it.

So much.

I wish I could go back and reread it for the first time all over again. Actually, I am already rereading it because I seriously enjoyed it that much.

I don’t do spoilers because I’m a lover of surprises SO let me say that there is such a unique twist to all things “supernatural” in it ... the Shadow Walker thing is somethi
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can one new witch do to prevent her death? Get kidnapped by two hot as sin brothers. Alana can't decide if Thom, who is human and his older demon brother Liam, are saving her or driving her crazy. On things for sure, the heat between all of them will pull you in and have you craving for more. Will the brothers be able to protect her from the evil stalking her, and still be able to have their HEA? I can't wait to read the next installment.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout an
Michelle Shemon
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Slow-Burn Paranormal Romance
Bloody Hearts Book 1
Anya J Cosgrove

This was wonderful. I loved the brothers. I was torn between them as well - of course finding out you may not have to choose was the best ever. Having a good boy and a devil was perfect. Alana was a great heroine. I just loved her. This book had it all. Action, intrigue, and drama galore. I did not stop once I started. I may have screamed at the book once or twice, but that was perfectly acceptable. Loved it. I cannot
Rockstar
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book surprisingly was a slow burn fantasy romance. When I finished the book, I had more questions. We’re the visions she had reincarnations of a past life ? How is she’s connected to the brothers? What exactly is she? I’m hoping that some of these questions are answered in the next book. One of the things I hope the author does is taking her time to build the romance. It shouldn’t be rushed into. Also don’t let the romance overrun the actual plot. The central focus of the book should’ve the ...more
Scarolet Ellis
Shadow Walker: A Slow-Burn Paranormal Romance by Anya J Cosgrove is a wonderful story to read. This is book number one in a wonderful start to a brand new series I fell in love with. I love reading about magic , witches and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves to read stories about magic and witches.

Bridget Loftus
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This turned into an excellent book. It's well written with interesting characters. The only reason it's a 4 star and not a 5 is on me and not the author. It took me about a third of the way through the book to get invested. I was always interested but it took a little while for the drive to find out what happens to kick in. But let me tell you once it I did I was INVESTED! I can't wait to read the next one. Demons and witches are not usually my thing but I truly enjoyed reading this one.
Nicole
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I dont know what to say but, this was a great paranormal read. I haven't read anything like this until now and I freaking loved it! Liam. Is. Mine. I need more Liam in my life. Cannot wait to see what comes next for Alana.
Anastasia シ
Love, love this~

Full Review on my blog!

I've had this in my TBR ever since I posted the Cover Reveal for Shadow Walker sooo, when I saw there was going to be a Blog Tour I jumped a the chance, and I'm so glad I did.

It was a very fresh, fun, unique read with an interesting story that puts you on the edge of your seat.  It's well written and has unique characters. I loved how the story progressed and each character grew. I absolutely loved every minute of it, and was sad when it ended. And I immed
Karen
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Captivating action-filled mystery suspenseful paranormal fantasy story. Engaging characters. A well-written book, I liked reading. It was a pleasure to review.
Kelly Smith
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy of this book through Veracious Readers Only.
I honestly absolutely loved this book and can't wait to read the next one. It draws you in very quickly, and keeps you wanting more. It has all the best things about books I love; suspense, mystery, budding love, a dark anti hero who tears at your heartstrings, and a strong Heroine who has a love of books and is torn between two brothers one light and one dark. (Personally I always root for the dark they need the love the most
Amzette
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I absolutely loved this book! I was lucky enough to receive this book for free. What a great read it was too! I loved the characters. I'm a huge fan of the tv show Supernatural (team Dean all the way) and this book had reminded me of parts of Supernatural.
I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say that I'm sitting on the edge of my seat because I can't wait for the next installment! This book is definitely worth the read. Patience is a virtue but when it comes to having to wait for
Nadea Croix
Caught my attention from the first page kept me enthralled throughout. I love how the characters developed as well as the storyline flows till the finale.
Jennifer Verri
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. It left me wanting so much more. A cliffhanger ending that I immediately preordered the next book. I love the dynamics between the main characters. How real she makes everything. I can picture and feel like I'm there living the story with the characters.
Linda J. Hallifax
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Witch is discovered, demon is scarred. Romance, bonding, blood and gore, what's not to like.
Deanna Venn
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable Read

Really enjoyed this book. It had the right amount of suspense, drama, and romance. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic of the characters plays out in book 2.
Anitra
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Wish the author hadn't ended the story on a cliffhanger. I liked the tension between the main characters. Can't wait to read book #2 to see how the story ends.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

description

Anya J Cosgrove lives in Québec with her husband, her beautiful son, and two mischievous cats. She works as a veterinarian by day. She’s a travel and Disney junkie and is passionate about her favorite paranormal series.
What would Buffy do? Kick ass!

Click here to leave your email so you can be notified on release day!

Sign-up for free, exclusive content, giveaways and the latest news here: http://b

Bloody Hearts (3 books)
  • Witch's Honor (Bloody Hearts, #2)
  • Cursed Souls (Bloody Hearts, #3)