Start by marking “Exit Strategy” as Want to Read:
Exit Strategy

Exit Strategy

Disgraced psychiatrist Archibald Wendt seeks a new life in Harding, Ohio, but gets drawn into the affairs of the town’s wealthiest family.

Aging tycoon Virgil Morgenstern, soliciting advice for succession planning, embroils the psychiatrist in a tempest of family politics.

Before the dust settles Archie will have to battle the town’s suspicions, avoid harm to life and limb
Published June 30th 2018 by Joseph H. Baskin

To ask other readers questions about Exit Strategy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exit Strategy

Dianne
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
He thought he could escape the shame he brought on himself and his profession in Harding, Ohio. Yet psychiatrist Archibald Wendt finds himself caught up in a tsunami of deceit, murder, suicide and greed as one wealthy and dysfunctional family go to the monetary mats over an unexpected inheritance.

A newcomer to town, Archibald is surprised to have an aging and wealthy tycoon befriend him, shortly before he commits suicide. Virgil Morgenstein knew what he was going to do, he even knew what would t
Debi Lantzer
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I am from a suburb of Cleveland Ohio - born and raised there for 40 years before I headed down to sunny Florida to live. I'm a hometown girl at heart and if you don't know me, I'll tell you - I go up to Cleveland nearly every May for a "race-cation".  I participate in the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon Race Series and I visit family.

That being said, when I was contacted about the possibility of reading today's book Exit Strategy by Joseph H. Baskin (FROM CLEVELAND, OHIO), I yelled a quick "ABSOLUTE
Molly
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exit Strategy is equal parts small town thriller, psychiatric circus and bartended intrigue. Don't let the themes of suicide and alcoholism trick you into thinking this read will be a downer. Baskin uses his many years of training to bring you thoughtful psychiatric insights folded into the fun of a noir-like narrative. This book is a page turner, perfectly paired with a glass of scotch or a bottle... of scotch.
Phyllis
Mar 25, 2019
Joseph Baskin
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jennifer Darci
Jul 21, 2018
Nancy Jones
Jul 22, 2018
Kara Lauren
Jul 25, 2018
Tara
Aug 31, 2018
Joseph Baskin currently works as Staff Psychiatrist at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and Assistant Professor at the Cleveland Clinic/Case Lerner School of Medicine. He is the medical director of a high acuity unit that specializes in the treatment of suicidality.

Previously he's worked at Bridgewater State Hospital (corrections facility for the criminally insane) and Ohio State University.

Educat