Start by marking “The Secrets of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #2)

The Secrets of Mystic Springs

(Mystic Springs #2)

Welcome to Mystic Springs... where things definitely go bump in the night.

Connie Winters imagines that allowing all of the residents of Mystic Springs to see the spirits who live amongst them will let her live a quiet life.

She couldn't be more wrong.

When a gypsy woman discovers a historic journal, the woman will pay the ultimate price for her treasure.

Everyone knows that M
Published August 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of Mystic Springs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets of Mystic Springs

Start your review of The Secrets of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #2)
K.M.
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and it was even better than I expected.
In this latest book, the townspeople can now see spirits, which provides a fresh take on the paranormal cozy genre.
A really engaging whodunit with some well written twists!
The characters were really engaging and I cannot wait to read the next one!
Angela Anderson
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second fantastic cosy paranormal mystery, where Connie and the spirits in mystic springs. When Emelza Shabley is killed its time for the spirits to rally round and find out who committed the murder. A historic journal may hold the secret of mystic springs and who's responsible for the murder. Mona Marple writes a enjoyable story with some great characters you will love.
Nadine
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
SUCH FUN!

Mystic Springs. Such an idyllic place. You’d think. But no, because there is another murder… When the Sheriff doesn’t seem to really investigate, the team of spirits consisting of Atticus, Sage and Patton, take it upon themselves to find the killer. But spying on people proves to be really difficult now that everyone in Mystic Springs can see them. They need the help of Connie, or doesn’t she want to help? When even the spooks get spooked, lemma tell ya, it gets spooky!

I loved this bo
Dallass
Enjoyed this more

Although I liked the first book, it wasn’t without its flaws. Thankfully this book addressed some of those issues, and I found myself liking Connie a bit more as she becomes a tad more assertive in her dealings with Sage and the other spirits, and has started to look into her own issues.

Sage, on the other hand, has reverted to a man hungry teenager who seems to be taken by the newest man to pay her attention. It’s very frustrating, and I have to admit that I don’t enjoy her POV
Carol
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Mona Marple. Connie and the spirits are back, when a gypsy is stabbed in her own wagon. The original founder of Mystic Springs is in dispute - it was always thought that Lavinia Blackbottom, an independent lady with her band of strong womenfolk founded the town but a journal has turned up that says otherwise. Now how do you think the proud descendants of Lavinia must feel? Yes, probably murderous, but the town's historian is well interested in the old journal - enough to ...more
Krystyna
The journal and the lies

When an old journal is found stating that the town had been founded by a man and not women, as they had always believed, it causes an uproar. Especially when the holder of the journal is found dead. Now the ghosts are on the case as the sheriff doesn't seem inclined to delve into the matter. The other live bodies are also keeping their distance from the investigation. The more they uncover the more it seems an open and shut case but still the sheriff is dragging his heels
Gayle B
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a good series. Quick read, fast paced, with a sprinkling of humor. More about Connie and her spirit sister Sage. Sage and her spirit boyfriend, ex Sheriff Patton, find the body of Emelza, the gypsy who claimed to have an old journal that shows the true founding of Mystic Springs. Apparently someone wants that not to be found or published. Then there is another murder attempt, on Sheriff Taylor. His wife threatens to leave town and take their twin infants because of the "crime wave." A famil ...more
Amanda Bare
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-cozy
Lisa
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was not as good as the first one. The first one had a fresh idea with an interesting protagonist. This one made the concept too common and the focus really wasn't on the protagonist. She seemed more of an afterthought through much of the book. While the outcome was unexpected, the story was just lacking in some respects and the description/development of some new characters didn't work well. I will give the third book a try in the hopes that it might work better as second books are oft ...more
Kat Taylor
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets of Mystic Springs

What a marvelous aray of caracters surrounding this mystery ,the town of Mystic Springs is a town many would wish to visit and many wanting to stay. Mona Marple is a multi talented writer of high caliber that draws you into this mystery with each passing page of pure mayhem, intreage and humor as well as one darn good mystery. I'm letting you know it's time for you to aquier a copy of"The Secrets of Mystic Springs "and start enjoying it as much as I have. 😮🙄😮😊 Kat
Michelle Willms
Okay, but has issues

While the basic mystery in this book had potential, there were many issues with the story. There were numerous errors, some annoyingly repetitive. The biggest problems were the huge plot holes. These became especially prevalent at the end of book. This made the ending very aggravating. The characters were interesting, and the town is unique. This series could become quite entertaining, but I am not sure I will read further.
Mary
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read the first in the series(didn't see it), and that may have influenced my review. It was a good story and cute gimmick going back and forth between sisters, but I felt like too many assumptions were made about knowing more about the first book. I will try and find the first before reading the third.
I had figured.out the murderer, but not the why. Some of the ways and means we're left out.
I have tried not to include spoilers!
Linda Collister
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can ghosts solve a murder?

Sage and Patton think the sheriff is dragging his feet and the murder will never be solved. They decided to investigate and think they can solve it. Being ghost s has its benefits. Connie is bored and decides to help. See how the history of Mystic Springs plays into the story.
Subhajit Das
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is what I can say a light paced yet compact plotted mystery book. Oh I forgot to mention that the story contains a word 'paranormal'; so, you better risk to dive into this high thrilling paranormal mystery with spooky twists to face time to time. I was grasping while reading this and hooked with it completely. A definitely recommendable for mystery lovers.
Peggy
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth trying

I'm seriously trying to give this series a try. It has a different storyline that I'm ok with. Stories are interesting. My biggest has been constant reference to Connie's size. Second issue is police department. Story is supposed to be set in America but does sound at all like it.
Jennifer Wertz
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It was fun to read. I like the characters. Connie and Sage have great dynamics together. It was an interesting and surprise mystery ending. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Catherine Wright
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great ghost story

Connie is a medium who sees ghosts, including her dead sister Sage. After a town resident is murdered Connie, Sage and the late Sheriff Patton team up to solve the murder. Brilliant characters and excellent plot. Highly recommended.
Jennie Ersari
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable book!

Connie and the town of Mystic Springs can still see and talk to the dead. A gypsy has been murdered and Connie and her ghost friends set out to help the sheriff find the killer. Shocking ending!
E
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
Another good one

Book number 2 is just as good if not better than the first. I love the crazy characters! I did not figure out who the killer was until the author revealed it. I look forward to reading the next book.
Carol Ward
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Not my usual read. Read as part of a Reading Challenge.
The more I read, the more I fell in love with Mystic Springs. The surprise ending has me, a non reader of Paranormal books, reaching for the next chapter / book in this series. Well done Mona Marple.
Diane
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
In this second installment- Emelza Shabley is murdered over a journal of who was the first mayor of Mystic Springs. There are many suspects and secrets that come to light. The book is told in the perspective of both Connie and Sage.
Kelli
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun to read but with enough twists and turns to make it interesting. Have already pre-ordered the next one!
Mary Downey
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spirits

This was a fun book to read. I really enjoyed Sage, spirit and all. I would highly recommend this book. It was light reading but kept you from putting it down.
Alyson Beard
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adore this series.
Johnna Hill
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mona Marple is an amazing writer. This series has amazing characters
Patty
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a good read with a little mystery in the back ground.
Angel Ballard
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great continuation of the Mystic Springs series. The twists and turns keep you wondering who the guilty party is this time. And the ending is awesome! Loving it!
Kelly Young
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the unique interplay between the main character and her ghost sister.
In all of the first three books of the series, I would give five stars were it not for the grammatical errors that I am certain are not due to cultural differences. Punctuation and capitalization errors, particularly involving dialogue, and verb tense/subject issues abound.
It says something about the quality of the story that I didn't toss this into the DNF pile.
Krista Walsh
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really well written

Absolutely loved this book and its characters. I can't wait to read more about this little town and what adventures it's holds next
Rosyel Sawali
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahh just as nice as the first book. I really enjoy the main characters. Nice plot twist on this one. Can't wait to read more.

• Better Witch Next Time (A Witch in Time #1)
  • Destiny's a Witch (Wicked Good Mystery #1)
  • Is Murder By Candlestick Still A Thing? (Diva Delaney Mysteries Book 1)
  • Like a Bad Penny (Brady Paranormal Investigations #1)
  • Family Ghouls (A Greek Ghouls Mystery #1)
  • Time After Time (A Witch in Time #3)
  • Ghost Mortem (Haunted Everly After #1)
  • Southern Bred and Dead (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #9)
  • Magically Poisoned (Paranormal Bed & Breakfast Mysteries)
  • Grits in the Graveyard (Witch Hazel Lane Mysteries #1)
  • Newly Wed and Slightly Dead (A Touch of Magic Mysteries #1)
  • A Touch of Magic (Spellbound #7)
  • Wands Upon A Time (Spellbound Ever After #3)
  • Bargain Haunter (Haunted Everly After #2)
  • Paws and Effect (Mystic Notch Cozy Mystery, #4)
  • Magic & Mythos (Starry Hollow Witches #8)
  • Charmed Offense (Spellbound Ever After #4)
  • Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)

Mystic Springs (6 books)
  • The Ghosts of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #1)
  • The Curse of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #3)
  • The Santa Claus of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs #4)
  • The Witches of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs #5)
  • The Circus of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs #6)

News & Interviews