Start by marking “The Secrets of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #2)

The Secrets of Mystic Springs

(Mystic Springs #2)

Welcome to Mystic Springs... where things definitely go bump in the night.

Connie Winters imagines that allowing all of the residents of Mystic Springs to see the spirits who live amongst them will let her live a quiet life.

She couldn't be more wrong.

When a gypsy woman discovers a historic journal, the woman will pay the ultimate price for her treasure.

Everyone knows that M
Published August 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of Mystic Springs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets of Mystic Springs

Karen
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and it was even better than I expected.
In this latest book, the townspeople can now see spirits, which provides a fresh take on the paranormal cozy genre.
A really engaging whodunit with some well written twists!
The characters were really engaging and I cannot wait to read the next one!
Angela Anderson
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second fantastic cosy paranormal mystery, where Connie and the spirits in mystic springs. When Emelza Shabley is killed its time for the spirits to rally round and find out who committed the murder. A historic journal may hold the secret of mystic springs and who's responsible for the murder. Mona Marple writes a enjoyable story with some great characters you will love.
Carol
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Mona Marple. Connie and the spirits are back, when a gypsy is stabbed in her own wagon. The original founder of Mystic Springs is in dispute - it was always thought that Lavinia Blackbottom, an independent lady with her band of strong womenfolk founded the town but a journal has turned up that says otherwise. Now how do you think the proud descendants of Lavinia must feel? Yes, probably murderous, but the town's historian is well interested in the old journal - enough to ...more
Krystyna
The journal and the lies

When an old journal is found stating that the town had been founded by a man and not women, as they had always believed, it causes an uproar. Especially when the holder of the journal is found dead. Now the ghosts are on the case as the sheriff doesn't seem inclined to delve into the matter. The other live bodies are also keeping their distance from the investigation. The more they uncover the more it seems an open and shut case but still the sheriff is dragging his heels
Michelle Willms
Okay, but has issues

While the basic mystery in this book had potential, there were many issues with the story. There were numerous errors, some annoyingly repetitive. The biggest problems were the huge plot holes. These became especially prevalent at the end of book. This made the ending very aggravating. The characters were interesting, and the town is unique. This series could become quite entertaining, but I am not sure I will read further.
Mary
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read the first in the series(didn't see it), and that may have influenced my review. It was a good story and cute gimmick going back and forth between sisters, but I felt like too many assumptions were made about knowing more about the first book. I will try and find the first before reading the third.
I had figured.out the murderer, but not the why. Some of the ways and means we're left out.
I have tried not to include spoilers!
Linda Collister
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can ghosts solve a murder?

Sage and Patton think the sheriff is dragging his feet and the murder will never be solved. They decided to investigate and think they can solve it. Being ghost s has its benefits. Connie is bored and decides to help. See how the history of Mystic Springs plays into the story.
Subhajit Das
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is what I can say a light paced yet compact plotted mystery book. Oh I forgot to mention that the story contains a word 'paranormal'; so, you better risk to dive into this high thrilling paranormal mystery with spooky twists to face time to time. I was grasping while reading this and hooked with it completely. A definitely recommendable for mystery lovers.
Peggy
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth trying

I'm seriously trying to give this series a try. It has a different storyline that I'm ok with. Stories are interesting. My biggest has been constant reference to Connie's size. Second issue is police department. Story is supposed to be set in America but does sound at all like it.
Jennifer Wertz
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It was fun to read. I like the characters. Connie and Sage have great dynamics together. It was an interesting and surprise mystery ending. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Catherine Wright
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great ghost story

Connie is a medium who sees ghosts, including her dead sister Sage. After a town resident is murdered Connie, Sage and the late Sheriff Patton team up to solve the murder. Brilliant characters and excellent plot. Highly recommended.
Jennie Ersari
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable book!

Connie and the town of Mystic Springs can still see and talk to the dead. A gypsy has been murdered and Connie and her ghost friends set out to help the sheriff find the killer. Shocking ending!
Johnna Hill
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mona Marple is an amazing writer. This series has amazing characters
Kelli
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun to read but with enough twists and turns to make it interesting. Have already pre-ordered the next one!
Mary Downey
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spirits

This was a fun book to read. I really enjoyed Sage, spirit and all. I would highly recommend this book. It was light reading but kept you from putting it down.
Alyson Beard
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adore this series.
Michele Cantrell
Book 2 of the Mystic Springs series. Who founded Mystic Springs and who killed to keep it secret? It was a unique concept of ghosts working with the living to solve a murder! . The characters are quirky, serious and fun all at once. I recommend reading the series in order.
Georgia Acker
katherine maggi
Oct 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

Mystic Springs (3 books)
  • The Ghosts of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #1)
  • The Curse of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #3)