Start by marking “Miracle at St Andrews (Travis McKinley, #3)” as Want to Read:
Miracle at St Andrews (Travis McKinley, #3)

Miracle at St Andrews

(Travis McKinley #3)

Seasoned pro golfer Travis McKinley is cruising toward a new season when he misses a putt on the 18th green. Just like that, he's down and out and off the Senior Tour, his career all but dead.

Then Travis is visited by a mysterious stranger whose vision is clear. Go back to the beginning. The very beginning.

Taking his advice both literally and to heart, Travis and his fami
ebook
Published April 8th 2019 by Cornerstone Digital

To ask other readers questions about Miracle at St Andrews, please sign up.
Jeff Harper I saw it for Amazon Kindle at $13.99. Get it from your library. I put it on hold and it was a short wait because it is a quick read.

Nessa
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I have never played golf a day in my life, nor am I really inspired to do so. Knowing nothing about the game aside from living in a burg where the Master's is held and visitors descend upon the city en masse, but that's one's only indication that something's going on, because everything is Top Secret.
So, I decided to open the book this week and see where our main character Travis was heading to in the next installment; in this case, he putts around in a couple of matches and then tries
Donna Hines
You either love it or hate it and this was in the middle.
A hole in one or two as Bob Barker used to say but Tiger Woods for me lost my vote when he cheated on his gorgeous wife and newborn child.
While this is all golf and all about the lifestyle of getting away from reality (of the wife/kids) it's a good reminder that you win some and lose some but it's how you play the game that counts.
Tied for the lead with Tiger Woods at the Open Championship is not a bad place to be for this journeyman from
Becca
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not a huge golf fan. But still a good book. Never give up on your dreams.
Steve Tripp
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gen-fiction, sports
Entertaining, though very lightweight .. .it's kind of a "kids book geared to adults". You won't need to invest much time (or brain power) into this book. It's only sightly more than 200 pages so it can be read entirely over 2 cups of coffee on a warm spring Saturday morning on your back deck. So even if it's really not a great book, those other factors made it an enjoyable reading experience.
Claudia Keller
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Honestly, I did not like this book at all until the last 75 pages. In my opinion, one needs to be a golfer in order to understand and enjoy the story.
Melinda Christensen
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a heartwarming story about a golfer who hits a real slump and is out of the professional golf circuit, just...like...that. In his travels, he meets an awkward high school student who repels him, but he beats back his negative feelings, creating a tentative friendship. This friendship involves teaching the game of golf to this gangly, un-self confident young man. What happens in this story will make you blubber.
Gerald Matzke
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a neat little book that gave the reader a look at the difficulty of life as a professional golfer and at sports professionals in general. While thousands may have dreams of winning the big tournaments, the truth is that only a very few ever have the opportunity to even compete. Travis McKinley got to live out his dream on the Senior Tour but found out how difficult it is to keep his playing privileges. After a series of disappointments he resigns himself to the fact that his playing da ...more
Georgetowner
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, it's a lark, but I really, really liked it! I am not a golf player or a golf fan at all, though I did live in Scotland awhile back, and have been to St. Andrews MANY times so that was the initial appeal to me. Travis is really quite likable, and I enjoyed delving into pro-golf speak a bit, and I also really enjoyed the Scottish bits, even if they were not quite spot on with a couple details. I have not read the 2 books prior in the series, but the context is explained well enough to stand ...more
Jeff Harper
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a simple quick read at 224 pages. The series is a great story of family against a golf background. This helps maintain an interest for golfers.. I found out about the series from my regular golfing three some and after reading his book have gotten the other two from the library..

Most of the content was about family and life with the drama coming from a few golfing competitions. Even if you haven’t read the two prior books the family characters are reintroduced with good background.
Frank DiPrimo
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Third installment of the Trvis Mckinley series from the Patterson machine.
Good, short (225 short pages) read about average- guy golfer who has luckily made the Senior PGA Tour.
Story of family, friendship and appreciating life and what you have with revolved around a golf story.
Some stuff a golf enthusiast would only appreciate but also a good story with life points made .
cute plot with somewhat predictable ending
Sharon Pecci
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read Miracle at Augusta years ago, and had kind of forgotten about golfer Travis McKinley. I’m not a golfer, but my husband is, so many of the terms Patterson uses we’re familiar to me. It’s an incredible adventure for those of a certain age; rooting for the little guy against the pros. It tells a tale about family, uncertainty, and incredibly hard work; all against the backdrop of Scotland, and the hallowed grounds of St. Andrews. I highly recommend!
Michelle
A good book for people who golf since a lot of that is included,but it had other more personal relationships that saved it for me.I liked the fact that Travis' family went with him after him being away for a while.It kept them close and I think any form of distance is hard-whether traveling for sports, music tours, etc...and family ties are very important to keep relationships good .Also when he met Seamus and bonded.That was very important for inspiration to do what he had to do.
East Gwillimbury
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third golf story that centers around`the character ``Travis McKinley``. He travels with his family to his ancestral home in Scotland. And by luck was eligible to play in a golf tournament while in Scotland. Then by chance the person above him drops out of the Open Championship and he is offered the opportunity to play on this iconic golf course. On the last two days of the tournament he is playing opposite Tiger Woods, a life dream come true. How does this story end. ...more
Don Gorman
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
(2). It is so obvious reading this that Patterson (and de Jonge) are true aficionados of the golf culture and lovers of the game. They really get it. That being said, golf fiction is by nature, fun, light and breezy. This latest installment on Travis McKinley will be a great hit with all of of us golf nuts, encouraged by the tongue in cheek TV ads for it on the weekly PGA Tour events. A quick little read, Patterson is always entertaining. Good fun.
Sheillagh
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully entertaining book about Travis McKinley and his adventures on the golf course as a player in the Senior golf tour. He loses his card after not playing well in a tournament and has to decide what to do with the rest of his life. If you're a golfer or even if you're not, you will enjoy this sweet book.
Michael crage
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started to read this book and realized that it was about golf, I almost put it into the bag to go back to the library. I am glad I didn't. It was a story about people, one of which happened to play golf professionally. If you notice, it took me less than a day to read it; I couldn't put it down. And it wasn't even large print.
Tim Connors
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Meh. Not very thrilling nor inspirational. If you aren't a golfer or don't follow professional golf (I am and do) then some of the references to equipment, shots and/or real life golfers may be too obscure. Based on this one, I'm not likely to try the other Travis McKinley books.
Mary Drayer
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
A very quick read...I am usually not a fan of sports books...but this one is about a golf pro who is in a slump, finds the true meaning of winning and losing, and puts to perfection. A “feel good” book.
SARA ANSON
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uncanny

I chose this one because the street that I live on is St. Andrews. I am n a golfer. I live on the edge of a course. Like all of his books, I had to read this one.
I hated/loved it. But I am a big fan.

Colleen
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I. a golf widow, really like this whole series. They are written with a lot of wit and humor, while delivering a heartfelt lesson. Golfers, I think will love the background info of being at a golf tournament.
Myrna
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Have read the other books re: golf by Patterson/Peter deJonge. The character Travis McKinley seems real and his golf playing stories are rather interesting. He obviously has been at the courses, due to
his descriptions of the courses. (which match what the tv announcers relate)
Jo Ann
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these Travis McKinley books because my father was a pro-am golfer and also tried on the Senior tour many, many years ago. I never was good at golf, and I regret it because my dad loved it so much. But at least I can still read about it and remember the famous names on the tour.
Marilyn
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you have read the first two books in this Travis McKinley series then you know what to expect as Travis tries again to keep his golfing occupation alive. Only this time when he steps aside to enjoy life with his family, the unexpected happens. And, his family is along for the ride.
Sherrie Howey
This is a cute, short book about Travis McKinley, a golfer on the senior tour. If you are not a golfer or do not follow golf closely, you may not relate to all of the golf terminology. This is a very quick read without much substance.
Cristine Cris
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Travis McKinley series. Travis is in SR PGA, or attempting to get his card again. In the process he meets a guy who tells him to go back to the beginning. As he is following this gents advice he takes his family on vacation to Scotland.
David Dean
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read! A story about the love of Family and Golf.

Fun to read story of a Senior golfer, his play in Senior PGA Events, his family interactions, travel to Britain, and golf at Saint Andrews with an overarching theme of Family love. I enjoyed the Golf and family storylines.
Bobbie
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easy read. I like sports stories but I find golf to barely be a sport and quite boring to watch or read about. I'm going to hold off reading any more of this series and save them for fillers when I have nothing else available to read
Joan Reum
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know when I’ve enjoyed a Patterson co/written novel. I thoroughly loved walking St Andrews with Travis McKinley and Tiger Woods. Fun read!!
Valerie Parker
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A delightful read even for a golf novice who doesn't know a par from a birdie, and doesn't really care to.
Tom
May 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
At least the book was short - what a stupid implausible story.
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Travis McKinley (3 books)
  • Miracle on the 17th Green (Travis McKinley, #1)
  • Miracle at Augusta (Travis McKinley, #2)