Start by marking “To the Sun, Moon, and Stars” as Want to Read:
To the Sun, Moon, and Stars

To the Sun, Moon, and Stars

To the Sun, Moon, and Stars is a collection of poetry and prose that reads as letters meant to be sent to the skies and diary entries stored and locked in cages we all keep in our hearts.

This book talks about holding on and letting go, of becoming and unbecoming, of struggling, yet still going, and finally, of one's self journey on the road towards healing.

To the Sun, Moo
Paperback, Printed, 182 pages
Published September 13th 2018 by Moonchild Press Publishing

To ask other readers questions about To the Sun, Moon, and Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To the Sun, Moon, and Stars

Bookbed
"To the Sun, Moon, and Stars by Cariza Opana is a collection of intimately written letters and journal entries, and it feels raw, intimate and brave." Continue reading our review here.

Please note: We don't use ratings but for this purpose, we tag books with three stars by default.
Would like to be a reviewer/contributor to Bookbed? Sign up here!
We also accept review requests. More info here.
Kenzie Lundberg
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely incredible and beautiful. I highly recommend this for fans of poetry! So emotional, vulnerable, and impactful. It also has stunning illustrations! Can’t recommend this book enough!!
Reina  Bambao
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful in its bravery, To the Sun, Moon, and Stars is the first book by Filipina author Cariza Opana. The book is a collection of poetry and prose from the author’s old blog, Paper Antlers (which has since been converted into a website for the book).

Filipina illustrator Elle Om divides the book into three sections - one each for the sun, the moon, and the stars. The cover and the dividers feature mournful girls in high-contrast black and white line art, which perfectly accompany the melancho
Lanean
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm quite late posting this, but I just got around to reading my copy of To The Sun, Moon, and Stars that I won from the author, and it's very good! Cara is beyond talented with words, and I'm so glad that she chose to use them to make this beautiful book. 🖤
Alix
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cariza has a way with words that can touch so many generations, no matter where you may be in life. Each poem is beautifully heartbreaking, but in a way that allows you to learn a little bit more about yourself and the world around you. I wish I could put the feelings I had while reading these works in a bottle to go back to whenever I want to because that's how magical of a feeling it is.
Devan
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful set of words that will stay with me for a long time. "Don't make people your home." I wish I had this book years earlier when I really needed it. I felt as if Cariza has put my thoughts onto paper perfectly.
Luna Valentine
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, poetry
for me, this poetry collection was like when you're tired of your playlist and you find the one song that's a complete breath of fresh air. it was something new, original and well written. this is a collection i would be more than happy to read over and over.
Melissa
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To the Sun, Moon, and Stars is touching and honest. I came away from reading it with an overflowing handful of jarring lines that resonated in the soul. It's an experience in looking at something raw and real, and feeling less alone in the world.
Deng
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nothing else can obliterate a broken and wounded soul but the healing words of another person’s scars. This is a veneration of a personal struggle. Emotions screamed and lashed out the words that made me bleed repeatedly as I read each line on every page. This is a battle. Let the next book be about the war, and then the next victory and self acceptance as healing begins.
Cariza Opana
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hannah Rae
Camille
Yanne Yumang
Raze
Aug 16, 2018
Cariza is a young creative writer based in Washington, DC. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines, she has the ability to transform her heart and soul into lines and stories that inspire, bring comfort, and take people to different places. She runs a blog entitled, Paper Antlers which reflects her personal thoughts and dreams.

Her works have been featured and published in numerous platforms, includ
“Dear Stranger, I’m going to tell you now that if you are here to stay, I will ask for too much.” 0 likes
“There used to be days that just walk through me, and I can’t hold them well enough like your secrets.” 0 likes