Start by marking “Summer Nights (Cruel Summer, #3)” as Want to Read:
Summer Nights (Cruel Summer, #3)

Summer Nights

(Cruel Summer #3)

The final installment in Marlo and Ray's story of revenge, love and the thin line between hate and passion. They'll fight to the bitter end.

And now that everyone's counting on them.
They're ready for the final curtain call.
Break a leg... right?
ebook, 1st Edition
Published September 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Summer Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Nights

Start your review of Summer Nights (Cruel Summer, #3)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Lawn boy grows up and gets the not so spoiled princess

Terrific ending to the series. I was wondering how much more could actually happen in this story after the Book 2. However there was quite a bit that went on in this one. Like the last book, the supporting characters were a laugh riot. Especially Jackson and Brax. They both are utterly ridiculous and wonderful. I would love nothing better than to hang out at summer camp with them. They would continually crack me up with their antics and
Dali
Rachel Van Dyken concludes her Cruel Summer trilogy with Summer Nights, a story of hate, love and redemption.
I hate her. I love her, I admitted. I want to strangle her then kiss her senseless, its a problem.

Marlo and Rays epic love story continues right where Summer Seduction left off, with a terrifying accident that threatens delicate relationship between them.

I really cant say much about this books plot without giving the entire thing away, but I can mostly definitely talk about the
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Summer Nights by Rachel Van Dyken is book Three in the Cruel Summer series. This continues the story of Marlo and Ray, so you should read the previous books to full enjoy this one. This book picks up where the last one ended.
Marlo and Ray are still dealing with their feelings of hate, hurt and love after starting to fully understand what happened with them. Working through the old pain and the new pain that was caused between the two. But love always wins out and I enjoyed reading how their
Escape into a Booksite
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibooks
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Summer Nights rounds out this explosive trilogy from RVD, and whilst I enjoyed it, I didnt love it as much as the first two. That being said though, I guess the first two books are these really big build ups, and the cliff hangers were insane, so at some point it had to tone down and even out a bit.

We pick up the story right where we left off, at that damned horrible cliffhanger from book 2. Once we move past that, things roll on
Kat's Books & Brews
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
descriptiondescription

PERFECT CONCLUSION TO AN EPIC SUMMER ROMANCE! I was so excited and anxious to be reading book three in the Cruel Summer series. Both Summer Heat and Summer Seduction had left me needing more! I was hooked from the start.

The cliffy from Summer Seduction had me reeling! Picking up Summer Nights ,I was able to breathe again picking up where book two left off. These two just put me through the ringer.
Shyralf
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
3 ⭐⭐⭐ Stars! ...more
Liz
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The final installment to the Cruel Summer series by Rachel Van Dyken is here! After the ending in book two, I could not wait to get my hands on this book and I loved every part of it! This book continues Marlo and Rays story and should not be read prior to the first two books in the series.

With so much bad history between them, could Marlo and Ray ever move forward? Two people shaped by their past and choices, could they be what the other needs to heal or is it already too late? The push and
Lynsey A
This was my least favorite of this series. It just felt off in the story. I was all confused about the "I hate you. I love you." Their relationship was just weird. I don't know. I was just a bit ambivalent about this story, about this series.

I would give this series about 3 stars total. The books were entertaining but still felt a bit juvenile. I thought the cruelty would be a bit more cruel. Just I liked the books but I've read better RVD books. Then again, I've read worse. (Evil eye at Elect)
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Summer Nights is the third and final book in the Cruel Summer series by the incredibly talented Rachel Van Dyken. I have read almost all of her books and I have to say this series is one of my favorites of hers and that's saying something because you know, Mafia. Summer Nights picks up where Summer Seduction left off and I finally stopped giving Rachel the side eye. Marlo and Ray are struggling with the love/hate relationship they've been holding onto for so long. They have to decide what is ...more
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Summer Nights is the third and final installment in Rachels Cruel Summer series. It can not be read as standalone. You need to start from the very beginning. I cant really say much about the story so I will make this fast.

It starts exactly where Summer Seduction ended. Yep, thats all you get. Lol

I will say that this one had me in tears! Its more emotional. More raw. More passion fueled. More everything. I not only fell for Marlo and Ray but the rest of the characters too. I ❤ Jackson! I really
Rebecca
I have been awaiting the third and final installment of Cruel Summer. I couldn't wait to find out what happened to Ray and Marlo and if they would finally be able to love and fully trust each other. There are a few emotional moments as Ray delves into events that shape her past, but overall I found it to be on the lighthearted side. I adored the secondary characters and would love to see more Jackson. This is the steamiest book I've read from RVD, so be prepared for plenty of hotness.

If you're
The Book Lover
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing conclusion to this series!!!! Gah! it left me wanting more!
BookSmacked
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved loved loved this trilogy. Rachel Van Dyken had my heart racing with this romance.

Marlo and Rays story was exhilarating, she took the ever iconic romance Dirty Dancing and put her spin on it. Paying tribute to the film that Ive seen countless times in such a way that had me giddy

Book 2 left me absolutely reeling and I dove head first into Summer Nights with my heart in my throat. This enemies to lovers romance is full of chemistry, emotion and laughs.

Yup I even fell in love
Jackie Wright
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 and the final instalment in Rachel Van Dykens Cruel Summer Series and what a perfect end to a brilliant trilogy. This book started right right where book 2 finished and I was so excited to get the conclusion to a series I had fallen in love with and boy oh boy did I get everything I wanted and more, so much more. Words are hard to find to try and do this book justice and not give the story away so all Im going to say is this is a book that had my emotions all over the place, at times its ...more
Bibliophile  Chloe
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cruel Summer Book 3

What a beautiful ending to a beautiful series.  How I wished I would have lucky enough to go to this summer camp. You can feel the music, see the musical.  It was brilliant!

Marlo and Ray...they fought their way from hate to love.

Ray learned to love herself again.  She learned that she was worthy of love.  She was able to climb out of the guilt that wasn't hers to carry.

Marlo just wanted to be everything for Ray.  He learned how to just "be" with her.  As friends and as
Pelusa Rivera
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author...I couldn't wait for this book, I had my heart in my throat when I started reading...The emotions that were finally dealt with and put to rest. Redemption finally happened for Ray, poor girl went thru a lot..But then we have Marlo, lordy lordy just what she needed...Love conquers.../Enjoy!
CDBW
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

Gah! This series had me all over the place.
We picked up right where Summer Seduction left off and let me tell you, the tears were rolling right away.
There were lots of laughs too and steamy times as well.
Ugh! It seems like everything I want to say about this book ends up being a spoiler. I must have hit delete a bajillion times. Im just going to leave you with this...
I highly recommend this series. Its funny, sweet, frustrating, and a whole lot sexy.
Casey
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book brings back memories of high school both good and bad. It makes you regret the cutting remarks to a classmate or the cutting remarks you received.

I enjoyed the perspective this story is told from. It is about redemption and acceptance. Things we all need at some point in our lives.
Crystal
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Simply beautiful and so special. Ray and Marlos journey was one I cherished, and this emotional rollercoaster had the perfect ending with this last book. Just, yeah... ...more
❤Sana❤
⭐3 burning stars⭐

Review to come..
NICUnurse Stephanie
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summer Nights is book three of Rachel Van Dykens Summer Heat series (exclusive to iBooks). These books are NOT standalone books, so reader be aware!

Ray grew up rich and was a part of the popular crowd in high school. She seemingly had it all. Marlo grew up in the foster system but was lucky enough to end up with a foster mom who loved him dearly. However, they were the hired help for Rays family.

Friends when they were younger, Ray shunned Marlo in high school and took part in his bullying at
Melanie Cesa
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed all of the characters in this series. They are all just wonderful and such a great group of friends. Their friendship is heartwarming, and I hope we get to see more of them.

The writing is engaging and the story filled with tenderness. My heart hurt, I smiled, and I swooned as I watched Marlo and Ray work through the pain of the past to help them move forward with their future.

Marlo and Ray are beautiful! You can feel the chemistry. I loved watching Ray let go and how Marlo was
HeatherP
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"I will be your last Ray, your only, your forever, and I will wait that long if I have to. We have time, so be my friend today, so you can be my forever tomorrow."

This series (trilogy?) was so much more than I bargained for. I knew it would make me swoon, make me laugh, and possibly make me cry. I wasn't prepared for it to take over all of my thoughts and leave me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book to pop up in my email. I dropped everything each and every time I was sent the
Romance Readers Retreat
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final instalment in Rachel Van Dykens Cruel Summer series exclusively on ibooks, and it's one of those series you really won't want to end.

It picks up where it was left on that massive cliffhanger at the end of book 2 and us readers were left chewing our nails off. I need to watch how I write this review because it could disclose a massive spoiler so I'm not going into the plot, nope not at all so I will keep it short.

Anyway lets just say that I think Rachel Van Dyken has
Sherry
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you've spent the Summer reading this 3-part series then you are going to be so glad your wait is over for Summer Nights! We finally find out what happened after the end of Summer Seduction. Did anyone else yell at the screen when reading that final scene? Don't fret - Summer Nights picks up right where Summer Seduction ends. I don't want to give you anything that could be considered a spoiler, so I will tell you this: Rachel Van Dyken isn't done with summer camp in this final installment. She ...more
Shelee at Book Reader Chronicles
**3.5 Stars**

The conclusion to this series was as fast-paced as the rest. Summer Nights began where Summer Seduction left off, and became the real fairytale aspect of the story while tying all loose ends. The snark and humor remained along with the turbulent romance between the leads, and a bit more with the secondary characters than what was expected. With a second installment that really knocked me off my feet, I had wanted Summer Nights to carry in the same vein, but it did feel a bit
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the conclusion to Rachel Van Dyken's Cruel Summer series. Ray and Marlo have a history. She's the pampered rich princess on the surface and he's the hired help. Years ago, they had a fling and then she snubbed him for her country club friends. Years later they are reunited at drama camp where Marlo is the director and Ray is a last minute replacement for a camp counselor. When they meet each other again, sparks fly.

I really enjoyed the first two books in the series but was luke warm on
Kari Hansen
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion to this epic trilogy was everything you could want and more. The battle of their feelings continue as they fluctuate from love to hate like a yo-yo. They are drawn to each other like magnets, but the pain of the past continues to drive a wedge between them.

It is only when Marlo finally accepts that the person that Ray shows to the world is not the person she is inside, and he was willing to do whatever she needed in order for her to become the woman she was meant to be.

Sweet and
Mom's Guilty Pleasure
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summer Nights is book 3 of the Cruel Summer series by Rachel Van Dyken. I was so anxious to read this after the cliffhanger in book two.

Was I just the challenge he could never win?

Even though both of these main characters have so much self doubt, regret, secrets, pain and stubbornness...they have equal amounts of self growth, hope, love and friends having their back.

I wanted nothing between us but skin. No room for secrets, only us.

I laughed, cried, felt joy, was frustrated and wanted to scream
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Fashion Jungle
  • I Hate You
  • Enemies
  • Rich Prick
  • Loser (Hillcrest University #1)
  • Crew Princess (Crew #2)
  • I Promise You (Dare #2)
  • Best Served Cold
  • Fall (Sunset Beach High, #1)
  • Wicked Angel (The Wicked Horse Vegas #6)
  • The Secret (North Woods University #3)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • The Arrangement Vol. 26 (The Ferro Family)
  • Skank (Hillcrest University, #3)
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • When Rivals Lose (Bayshore Rivals #2)
  • Hitching the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch, #1)
  • The Vow: A Student-Teacher Romance
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Cruel Summer (3 books)
  • Summer Heat (Cruel Summer, #1)
  • Summer Seduction (Cruel Summer, #2)