Start by marking “Burning Love” as Want to Read:

Burning Love

For Firefighter Mark Mackinven, becoming a father for the first time should be the happiest moment of his life. Well, it is, until his girlfriend discharges herself from hospital, taking their baby with her, leaving him asking why.

Fighting for his daughter becomes his sole mission, leaving him to realise that he didn’t really know who his girlfriend was.
While
Kindle Edition
Published September 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Burning Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Love

Lady Living  In Bookland
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s no surprise by now that I am a massive KM Lowe fan. When she told me that Burning Love felt entirely different, I worried I would hate it, but I couldn’t have if I’d tried.

Excerpt:
I've had the worst two years ever, between losing Jase's fiancée in that fire, fighting to bring him back from the edge of the abyss we were close to losing him to, and now Ali and her moods and tantrums. I honestly don't know whether I'm coming or going.

With Marks story re-engaging the readers (I really wish mo
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Wow!!! What a roller coaster ride!!!!! I felt horrible for Mark and everything that Alisha put him through....why are women such b*tches!!!!!

My heart was breaking for Mark and all that he endured to get his daughter. I loved all the supporting characters, especially Alex and Grace.

This was a quick read and a good read!!

Reviewed by: Dana D.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Burning Love has burned itself into my soul! I don’t know how I’ll calm down and sleep after that rollercoaster! What an incredible book!

Burning Love is unique and well written. It is a tremendously suspenseful book, and I was unable to put the book down until I reached the end. My heart ached for Mark and his missing baby.

Mark was so strong and loving that I liked him instantly. It killed me to watch him breaking down. Alex was a rock and a breath of fresh air. The secondary characters were viv
K.M. Lowe
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a spin off from my Burning Hearts Duet. You don't need to have read the other books, but this is a character from those books. If you've read the other books, you've already been introduced to Mark.

This book comes under a contemporary/suspense genre. It's quite different from the Burning Hearts Duet, but I hope you all fall in love with it just the same.
Kathy Rouchelle
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what a story, what a read, what a second chance at romance for this Firefighter. Mark has been there for his friend Jace since he lost his fiance a few years ago and is now with him as Jace and Grace are together. But this time, it will be Jace to be there for Mark as his girlfriend not only gives birth to his daughter, but takes off with that baby shortly after her birth, leaving a bewildered and heartbroken Mark behind. He doesn't love Ali anymore, she doesn't love him either, but he fell ...more
Jayne Wheatley
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a wonderful book that kept me on my toes throughout.
Mark is a firefighter who’s excited at becoming a father, his partner Ali however has been acting very peculiar throughout the pregnancy.
There relationship is strained and very unhealthy.
Don’t want to give too many spoilers but Ali and the baby disappear and the investigation is full of surprises danger and angst.
Mark has an amazing support system throughout, you may remember some characters from this series tho this could be read as a s
booklover BEV
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mark Mackinven who is looking forward to been a father. after the fire six months ago at the station its opening day, along with girlfriend Ali, Jase and Grace.but unexpectedly Alis waters break and its all go,go,go panic stations for mark. this book i found heartbreaking to read, love this trilogy, and even though this is the third it can be read as a stand alone, but i would highly recommend you read the first two as they are Jase and Graces story and both are excellent, and so is this one. i ...more
Dana
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was a quick read and a good read!!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Emotional and suspenseful! I couldn’t put this book down eager to know what was going to happen. I enjoyed the mystery. It was such an emotional story full of ups and downs. I really enjoyed it! I enjoyed the characters as well and the whole family!
Diane
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow you’ve done it again Kelly another fab read. I do love these firemen it’s like catching up with family. We’ve seen Jase all settled and it was nice to catch up on Mark’s life. I don’t want to give any spoilers but I have to say I highly recommend the burning series. With gorgeous firemen what’s not to love.
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This is book two to Burning Hearts featuring Jase’s best friend Mark. If you haven’t read the first book their might be some spoilers.

When I found out Mark was getting a book I was super excited because I loved him in the first book. We end Burning Hearts with Mark finding out his girlfriend Ali is pregnant. There relationship hasn’t been the greatest lately but they decide to try for the baby.

I honestly don't know whether I'm coming or going. I’m grateful for the friends and family I have, but
Barbara
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adored this book. The author has written a very heartfelt wonderful storyline with characters that you can’t help but love and root for. The emotions in this book will have your heart breaking and soaring throughout.

Mark, our sexy firefighter, is about to become a father, something he is very excited and happy about. However his girlfriend, Ali, has become distant and moody and all but pushes him away. Mark doesn’t understand her sudden change as they were so happy to begin with, but
Cassie May
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog
This book was a fast an easy read in the Burning Hearts universe. It can be read as a complete standalones, but characters of the Burning Hearts duet will reappear.
The story started smack dab in the middle of the action and the drama and suspense didn’t lessen till the end. The characters were okay and seemed real, but didn’t have a lot of development through the story. Surprisingly the male character was “weaker” than the female and not that alpha
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HELL BATMAN! Burning Love started with a bang, and NEVER let up on all the suspense, and edge of my seat goodness. K.M. Lowe seriously wrote a story that I never saw coming, and her talented shined brightly cover to cover. It all starts with yummy fireman, Mark Mackinven becoming a father when his girlfriend gave birth to their daughter. And what should have been the happiest day of his life, quickly turned into a nightmare of epic proportions when she disappears from the hospital with thei ...more
SaraLou
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Burning Love by K.M Lowe is a spin off of the Burning Hearts Novels. If you don't mind having tissues to hand, then I truly recommend this read.

Mark Mackinven is looking forward to becoming a dad for the very first time. He can't wait to hold is daughter and raise her. All of that is shattered when Ali, the mother of his baby, a woman he used to love runs away taking his daughter with her.

Secrets about Ali's family come to light and they will stop at nothing to get Mark out of the picture.

With t
Ann Marie
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mark is a loving husband, cares for his wife and the life of his unborn child. The last few months with his wife Alisha have not been easy, he first thought is was the pregnancy. No one knows what is going on with her or why she has become so nasty towards Mark. He has tried to reach her and tried to figure her out but he can’t. After the birth of their child, she disappears with their baby leaving Mark heart broken. Where did she go? Why did she leave? Where is his child?

Hiring a lawyer turns i
Laid-back Book Bitches
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is an emotional read! I loved this book so much. I was in love with Mark. He tried his best to be the devoted father to be. My heart broke so hard to Mark, there was on point I was crying to hard I had to set the book down and do my dishes. In the end my heart broke for Ali too! I loved how close the firefighters was. This book is full of twists and turns, just when I thought things was starting to fall in to place for Mark BOOM something happens that has me in tears and wanting to hug ...more
Angelina
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Burning Love is an emotional read that will have you reaching for the tissues as you see Mark fight for his daughter. We've already seen some of Mark’s strength in the first two books of this series when he supports Jason, but we really get to see his incredible strength and determination in this book. The story is full of twists and turns that leave you wanting to read quicker so that you can see what happens next. KM Lowe is a talented writer who knows just how to keep her readers captivated a ...more
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Burning Love was such a wonderful story. It ingrained itself into my heart immediately. It was heartbreaking to read at times, it has twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat but it's also a story about finding that one person you are meant to spend your life with.

Mark is a firefighter and about to become a first time dad. As soon as he lays eyes on his new daughter he's in love but then everything starts to spiral out of control and he faces losing her forever.
Alex is a lawyer and
Toya Richardson
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive and ARC of this book in return for an honest review.
After reading the other books in this series, I didn’t think it could get any better. How wrong I was. This book is filled with a rollercoaster of emotions while firefighter Mark goes in search of his baby daughter. There were so many twists and turns and when I thought I’d worked out what was happening, the author took the story in a different direction. It had me in tears, made me laugh. I want to tell you more a
Teri
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
People who think you can't write a good novel without sex need to read this book and see how it's done. This author gives us a romance with suspense and intrigue with an abundance of twist and turns that keep the story alive until the last page. You will feel the emotions all the way to your toes it's real it's solid and it's a darn good read. When Mark takes his girl to the hospital he has no idea the sh$t storm that will follow. Through the support of friends and his firefighter family and an ...more
Melissa Schaub
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a crazy roller coaster of emotions and I couldn’t be happier with the way it all worked out. The characters are written in a way that makes it easy to connect with them and feel the angst that they do. This book is a spin off of another series by this author but you do not need to read that first as this is a complete standalone. In fact this is the first book I have read by this author and I highly recommend that you check it out!

Burning Love is about Mark trying to do right by his
Maria Varley
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional

I was so excited to read this after the first book. I must say though it's totally different. Be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster as Mark is led on a merry dance just to have his daughter in his life. Ali gives birth but is quickly discharged from hospital by her mum. Her family then kidnaps the baby from foster care after Mark takes Ali to court to gain access. Will they find the baby safe and well read this book to find out.
Sandra Loves Reading
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
Great characters and a good solid story.
There's a mystery that's full of sadness and angst. But the story overall, is one of friendship - one of love, support and strength between friends and family. And of sometimes breaking the rules and finding love the second time round.
Just make sure you have some tissues handy!
melanie allen
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well this book blew me away, it’s emotional, passionate and sad. Once I started I couldn’t put it down. I was hooked from page one. The more I read the more I couldn’t wait to turn the page to see what happens next. KM Lowe has written a fantastic book and I can’t wait to read more books from her.
cupcakes and bookshelves
Emotional, suspenseful and full of warmth. It constantly kept me on my toes, a real rollercoaster of a story that I just didn't want to end. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVED THIS BOOK.
4.5 Stars

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much.*
Yvonne Eason
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ovary overload.

Marks turn to have his story told.

Omg. You couldn't love this man any more. Fighting for his child, he will do anything to.make sure she is safe.

Secrets and lies are exposed. However, his friends are there to help support and fight for his child.
Sophie Ruthven
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

Yet another suspense filled story by this author. The plot will have you on the edge of your seat wondering what on earth is going to happen next. Definitely a must read
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)

tania
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
bloody love this book from the min i started my heart was ripped out until the very end when mark finally got his happy eva after lovely book and highly recomended