Start by marking “A Is for Elizabeth” as Want to Read:
A Is for Elizabeth

Rachel Vail

A Is for Elizabeth

(Elizabeth Case #1)

Elizabeth is in second grade. Class 2B! It's great! Friends, recess, homework!
Even a big project: Make a poster of your name.

Yayyy!

Hang on.

The name Elizabeth has a bajillion letters in it!

The name Anna has only four letters. Plus, Anna's first letter is A, which is also the first letter of Alphabetical Order. But Anna can't always be first! That's not fair!

In A is for Eli
Published May 7th 2019 by Feiwel Friends

To ask other readers questions about A Is for Elizabeth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Is for Elizabeth

Katie Fitzgerald
Second grader Elizabeth is the younger sister of Justin from Rachel Vail's Justin Case books: School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters (2010), Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip-Flops of Doom (2012), and Rules, Tools, and Maybe a Bully (2014). This book, written at the higher end of the beginning chapter book spectrum doesn't deal with anxiety like the original series, but instead focuses on fairness. When Elizabeth is assigned a class project to design a poster bearing her name, she becomes ...more
Katie
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
@kidlitexchange #partner

I adored this book so much! Such a sweet and hilarious early chapter book. I’m thrilled there will be a series dedicated to the delightful Elizabeth Case!
RedPoppyReading
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“A Is for Elizabeth,” by Rachel Vail and illustrated by Paige Keiser (@paige.keiser) is a delightful book about fairness! Elizabeth is tired of her teacher using alphabetical order to determine who is first. When assigned to make a name poster, Elizabeth decides that her name starts with two As followed by a series of exclamation points. She must present her poster but isn’t sure what to say. In the spur of the moment she declares that her poster is a protest sign. This is a great book about fri ...more
Lenoire
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth is super excited for her big homework assignment. She has to create a poster with her name on it. Until she realizes her name has over a million letters and she will be doing more work than her classmates. To make matters worse, Anna's name begins with an A. That means she always gets to go first for everything. While Elizabeth works on her school project, she learns a few new life lessons along the way.

I was surprised I found this book very funny and entertaining. I like how the autho
Martha
It's difficult for Elizabeth, the younger sister of Justin from the Justin Case series. This is a breezy story about trying extra hard to succeed, as the younger sister to Justin, who shockingly appears very self confident when dealing with his little sister and her obstacles. This will be perfect for little sisters who know just how Elizabeth feels, when her friends prove a challenge.
Lorie Barber
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start to a new series for younger readers. Elizabeth is the younger sister of Justin Case, and her spunky personality is sure to keep new readers reading!
Shauna Yusko
Apr 30, 2019
Lisa D
May 01, 2019
Rachel Vail
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tara
Jun 03, 2019
Carl R.
Jun 10, 2019
Birth
I was born on July 25, 1966, in NEW YORK CITY, and grew up in New Rochelle, NY, with my mother, my father, and my younger brother Jon. (And down the street from my future husband, though of course I didn't know that until much later.)

Interests
Some details, I do know-I was very into reading and theater, so I read every book I could get my hands on (especially realistic fiction, either contempo

Elizabeth Case (2 books)