Start by marking “Tractor Mac: Autumn Is Here” as Want to Read:
Tractor Mac: Autumn Is Here

Tractor Mac: Autumn Is Here

Tractor Mac and his vehicle and animal friends return in a jacketed hardcover edition about the joys and challenges of change.

Fergus the calf doesn't want autumn to come to Stony Meadow Farm. Not if it means the cornstalks are cut, the trees lose their leaves, and his bird friends migrate away. Why can't things just stay the same?

But with the help of Tractor M
Published August 20th 2019 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (Byr)

To ask other readers questions about Tractor Mac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tractor Mac

Barbara
As the temperatures start to fall and Stony Meadow Farm becomes a different place with the changing of the seasons, Tractor Mac provides reassurance to Fergus, a calf who's never experienced the season. Fergus has loved playing games and enjoying the summer sun, and as the crops are harvested, he becomes confused and disoriented by all the changes. Tractor Mac, with his kind heart and adorable headlights, explains the reasons for the leaves on the trees to fall off and the crops to be stored for ...more
Sarah T.
Negatives: I just can't get over the art style. Just not my favorite series. It would also be too wordy for storytime I think.

Positives: I had never thought of autumn from a negative perspective before. I can see how this would be a good book for kids as seasons change, but also just a good book to show that change tends to happen for a reason.
Kelly
The takeaway I get is that it's about a calf who doesn't like change, and the others on the farm try to tell him the positives about the change of season.

It's a nice little book. A tiny bit too wordy for a picture book, but a nice book.
Becca
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
What is there that is so adorable about a tractor with googly eyes? The writing is average, but the illustrations are what give this book life. I particularly like the diagram of the tractor and the mounted corn picker on the end papers.
Molly
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Tractor Mac helps a young calf who doesn't like the changes Autumn brings to see that change can be good. The story is average but the illustrations are great.
Selena
Sep 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile
Cute book to help children embrace change. Also good for boys and girls alike.
Alec Brown
Sep 23, 2019
Tia Lucas
is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2019
In April 1999, I introduced the first children’s book that I wrote and illustrated, Tractor Mac Arrives at the Farm. Originally published by Golden Books, Tractor Mac Arrives at the Farm tells the story of Sibley the work horse who feels slighted when a “shiny new tractor comes and takes over his chores.” Sibley and Mac overcome their differences and become “the best of friends.” Publisher’s Weekl ...more