Start by marking “Tumble (Dogwood Lane, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tumble (Dogwood Lane, #1)

Tumble

(Dogwood Lane #1)

From USA Today bestselling author Adriana Locke comes a witty romance about first love and second chances.

After being burned by her dream job in New York City, sports journalist Neely Kimber suddenly finds herself jobless and paying a long-overdue visit to her hometown in Tennessee. Her plan? Relax, reset, and head back up the corporate ladder. There’s just one unexpecte

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: February 26th 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Tumble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tumble

Betul
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

"There's a wall between us we can't skirt. It's built with just as many tears and just as much betrayal as it is any good times we shared."

It has been almost two years since I read my last book by Adriana Locke, and I am really happy that I decided to read Tumble. The blurb was exciting enough for me to give it a try, and I have to be honest and say that the single dad part really was the deciding factor in this case. Also I am a suck
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
If I've learned anything, it's that Adriana Locke knows how to deliver these emotionally engaging, adorable, and deeply romantic stories. I can't think of a trope she can't work with, and she absolutely delivered on this second-chance romance.

I loved it. It was interesting. The chemistry was sparky and intense. And the little twists and turns that the storyline took kept me on my toes, tugging at my heart, and occasionally doling out those delicious butterflies in my heart and tummy.

I'm also a
Tracy  C
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dane and Neely are swoony! This second chance romance has so many feels. Each think they should stay away from the other to stave off future heartbreak, but they are drawn back together over and over. With a bit of help from the whole community, who know that Dane and Neely belong together, they manage to let themselves experience the love that never really went away. Another great romance from Adriana Locke!
Jypsy
A second chance romance. Although the story is good, I knew how it would end from the start. It's a warm inviting story with adorable characters. It's not remarkable, however, for this genre.
Lauren Hutchinson
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic start to a new series.
I was hooked from the beginning till the end. I absolutely loved this book so so much. I was disappointed that it ended. The characters really touched my heart and really pulled at my heart strings especially Mia. It has a fantastic storyline with plenty to keep you wanting more. I can't wait for the next one.
Lynn
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A small town, single dad, second chance Romance all together in the sweet wonderful book!! Adriana Locke is one of my favorite authors and she does not disappoint in Tumble!!

Dane and Neely haven’t seen each other in in almost a decade when he broke her heart. Neely comes back to Dogwood Lane, TN after quitting her job and is trying to figure life out. She runs into Dane her first day back and their journey begins for a second time!

This small town romance has wonderful characters filled with hist
Mari's Struggle is Real
Neely and Dane were meant to be together, but Dane makes a mistake and breaks Neely's heart in the process. Neely not wanting to see him ever again moves to New York to pursue her dreams and doesn't return to Dogwood Lane for 10 years.
Dane knows he made a mistake but he can't regret it completely since it brought Mia, his daughter, into his life. They still have amazing chemistry between them, and if only Neely is willing to forgive the past and look towards a future between them, they could be
Fancy Jenn
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Tumble was exactly what I needed to get me out of a book slump! I have always enjoyed Adriana Locke's books but this is by far my favorite. This story combined 2 of my favorite tropes , second-chance romance and a single dad. SWOON!. Neely returns to her small hometown in Tennessee after she quits her job trying to find direction. It doesn't take long for her to run in to the one person she doesn't want to see. Dane was her high school love and the one that not only broke her heart, but shattere ...more
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
A determined career woman, a sexy single dad, and his precocious little girl-I was sold on this book by the blurb alone!

Neely is back home after an unexpected...hiatus from work. And of course, the Fates are laughing at her, because the first person she sees is Dane. Dane, who she split up with over a decade ago, leaving him over a mistake Neely couldn’t forgive and neither one could forget. So, what’s a girl supposed to do when she’s faced with a dilemma of going after a job she always wanted.
*~* Susie
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, net-galley
3.5 stars.

This was a good second chance romance. I loved how the author told the past without going into flashbacks or entire chapters. It really helped with the flow.

I wanted more of a connection between the two mc’s. I felt the H explained what happened and didn’t show much heart break over it. I felt he was a little cold about the whole situation.

The secondary characters were a lot of fun and I can see this being a great new series!
Irene
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars photo: Rate 5 Stars Rate5.gif

This book was exactly what I needed for my rainy day Sunday read....It ticked all the blocks and I devoured it from start to finish....

* Second Chance Romance
* Single Dad
* Hot Alpha Male
* Kick-Ass Heroine
* Fantastic Secondary Characters

This book lacked nothing in my opinion and I highly recommend it.

Neely has recently lost her job in New York City and has decided to go home to Dogwood Lane to spend some time with her mother and get some perspective on her life.

Dane is a single dad, who has ne
Heather andrews
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dane tries to do right by his girl, “should I walk you to the door? I feel like that’s the gentlemanly thing to do.” Dane looks at me from across the truck with a ****-eating grin. “It’s less of a walk of shame if I do that, right?” I liked this book, I loved Dane and I cant wait to see other characters get stories of their own.
StacyK
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adriana Locke is so great at small-town romance and she did not disappoint with this introduction to Dogwood Lane. I'm a sucker for a single dad and Dane was a swoony one. He and Neely had such great chemistry and Mia just stole my heart. Looking forward to more in this series!
Pamela Lilley
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I love a good old second chance romance and Tumble is truly adorable, as is Dane Madden. He’s the ultimate scrumdidlyumptious single dad, and a perfect book boyfriend. Living in Dogwood Lane, Tennessee, he has a wonderful Southern drawl too (the author describes it perfectly). Neely Kimber on the other hand has New York in her blood, after all, she left without a backward glance all those years ago, admittedly with a broken heart, but surely she’s over Dane now. Maybe not, because if she ...more
Peta Benjamin
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the new series Dogwood Lane by Adriana Locke.

Neely Kimber is in a bit of a mess. After quitting her job she returns to Dogwood Lane and memories she really wished she didn't have to face. But with nowhere else to turn, face them she must.

Dane Madden always loved Neely Kimber, but after giving her up so she could fulfil her dreams, he makes a mistake that will not only cost him Neely but will gain him something else that will change his life forever.

Now Neely is back in town and
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
After walking away from her dream job for very good reasons, Neely finds herself going home to regroup. What she does not expect or want is a run in with her old flame, Dane, who ended their relationship with an unplanned pregnancy with someone else. Can you find happiness in a place that held so much sorrow? Once again Adriana Locke takes her readers on an emotional journey with beautifully written characters that you cannot help but fall in love with. The depth of her characters and the baggag ...more
Clare
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After having read The Gibson Boys series, I got hooked on Adriana Locke's writing. When I saw this on Netgalley, I had to apply for an ARC copy of her newest series. Luckily I was approved and I read this in one day. Even while watching a potty training toddler I couldn't put this down. This was downright adorable. Country romances are starting to be a real kink of mine. And I don't read enough books about single dads. Needless to say when this book is released, I'll be reading it again.
Heather
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title courtesy of NetGalley and the publisher**

Oh how I love small town romances and make it a second chance love story and that just sweetens the pot! Adriana Locke's first book in her new Dogwood Lane series was totally up my alley!

Dane and Neely haven't seen one another in a decade. Neely has returned to Dogwood Lane to get away from her life in New York City for a few days. She isn't honest with anyone at first about why she's returned, yet she seem
Becky Wise
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tumble is a fabulous, will melt your heart, single dad and second chance read. The little girl Mia is such a doll. You will fall for her instantly. Dane is so swoon worthy. Neely is a sweetheart. I love how even after all the years that have past that Dane and Neely have this connection that is everlasting. Neely is so sweet with Mia. Tumble is an amazing start to the Dogwood Lane series and stole my heart for this small town from the start. The love between Dane and Neely is amazing. I was brou ...more
Kristin Jones
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adriana has yet to publish a story I haven’t throroughly enjoyed, and this new series definitely will be enjoyable. The small town, second chance romance kicks off the Dogwood Lane series with a bang. Dane and Neely are high school sweethearts with a tough history that can only be overcome by pushing past each other’s fears and giving love a real shot. The characters are down to earth and relatable. The story is 100% believable and easy for a girl like me to feel right at home in. I’m excited to ...more
Sandra
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
What a great second-chance love story by Adriana Locke. This is the story of Neely and Dane, the last time they saw each other it was with heart-break, it is a decade later, and Neely is back and the hurt, regret and also love is still there. Neely’s presence in Dogwood Lane is supposed to be temporary. Her career in New York is up in the air and she needed a few days to figure out what her next steps are going to be. She knew she would eventually have to face Dane, but she was not prepared for ...more
Marina Skinner
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

Whats not to love about a country town romance!! It took me a little while to really delve into this story but once I started enjoying the characters needless to say I couldn’t stop reading!
It was such a feel good story that had some remarkably beautiful caring characters!
I really enjoyed this book alot! The friendships, the bonds, family, are all things that made this a beautiful second chance love story!
There are dilemmas the characters face!
There are certain things from their past t
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

I love second chance romance, I love that the connection is already there, but that it is one that has been lost, or buried, due to actions (or sometimes inaction) mistakes and time.

For the romance to work, I need to feel that the characters had a reason to stay apart, but that it was one that was not too much for them to move past it. And, for Dane and Neely, I believed this.

But, then, for the romance to work, there needs to be some angst, the pu
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review, netgalley
Dane Madden. DANE MADDEN. That seriously could be my whole review, and not because I stayed up until 3:30am to finish this in one sitting.

Adriana Locke does it again, and by it, I mean wrote an amazing romance story that had me smiling like a fool by the end. First of all, I'm a sucker for a single dad romance. Second, there is a strong and independent female lead. Third, there is an amazing friend group that I'm dying to know more about.

Okay, let's start with Dane. He is always trying to do the
Jessica Florence
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This small town story was the perfect book that I didn't even know I needed to read. I connected so hard with the heroine it was like I was living the story alongside her. This romance had heat, heartbreak, and all the sugar like the best sweet tea. It reminded me of my childhood southern home and that sometimes the best life is the unexpected one right in front of your eyes. Well done Adriana, this was my first book by you and I am so excited to go back and devour the other because I need more ...more
Lauren Hutchinson
What a fantastic start to a new series.
Julie Foster
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a way to kick off a new series!

I adore this book. Neely and Dane (and Mia) are perfect. I absolutely LOVE Adriana's books and this was no different.

Small town feel. Wonderful supporting characters. Great story line. BRAVO YET AGAIN!!

I can't wait to get the next installment!
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great second chance romance. Neely had me captivated with her character the whole story. Highly recommend
Nic
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute read. I enjoyed the story (I love the old unrequited love angle) and the characters were likeable too. The story didn’t have much development, and things happened fairly quickly, but the story was well defined and the secondary characters added a lot to the story. I would have like more of everyone and more of the story (it was a little to easy, neat, and tidy) but I enjoyed this book and would recommend.
USA Today and Amazon Top 10 Bestselling author Adriana Locke lives and breathes books. After years of slightly obsessive relationships with the flawed bad boys created by other authors, Adriana has created her own.

She resides in the Midwest with her husband, sons, and two dogs. She spends a large amount of time playing with her kids, drinking coffee, and cooking. You can find her outside if the we