Start by marking “Tumble (Dogwood Lane, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tumble (Dogwood Lane, #1)

Tumble

(Dogwood Lane #1)

From USA Today bestselling author Adriana Locke comes a witty romance about first love and second chances.

After being burned by her dream job in New York City, sports journalist Neely Kimber suddenly finds herself jobless and paying a long-overdue visit to her hometown in Tennessee. Her plan? Relax, reset, and head back up the corporate ladder. There’s just one unexpec

Published February 26th 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Tumble, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cyliena
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Tumble (Dogwood Lane, #1)
Melanie (mells_view)
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Neely isn’t someone I can gamble with. There’s no kissing and forgetting. There’s only wanting more. Needing more. Desiring more. And not being able to have it.”

I read Tumble all in one sitting. I will admit at first I was having a hard time getting into it. I’m one of those if you don’t grab me from the jump then I get antsy, but once Tumble started rolling (I had to) then I couldn’t put it down! This is a small town, second chance romance that is as heartwarming as it is heartbreaking. Neely
Cee Cee Houston
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tumble is the first book in a brand new ‘Dogwood Lane’ series by Adriana Locke. I have to admit, the series title threw me for a bit as I thought this was a street name rather than the town. But, that aside, I freaking adored this book and every character within its amazing pages. Well, nearly every character, there were some who deserved a throat punch, but thankfully not the ones that matter.
Right from the first page, I knew this was going to be a good ‘un. The wholesome, small town feel, the
Renee
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Tumble is a second chance book. Ten years ago, Neely left the tiny town of Dogwood Lane, Tennessee for New York City with a broken heart and a vow to not return. And yes, the town is named Dogwood Lane. Took me a few chapters to figure out it was not the street she lived on but the actual name of the town. I digress. So after quitting her job due to being passed over for a promotion she deserved, she dec
Tanya Jarvis
NOPE.

Spoilers ahead. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED.

you know why I read romance? Cause it makes me feel good. I like feeling the love. I like the escapism. I like falling in love with the characters and watch them battle obstacles and fight, no matter how gritty it gets to their HEA.

You know what I don’t like? Fucking cheaters. I think, I think I could find a way to forgive if it was only a kiss, and even then the author would have to work real hard to earn my forgiveness. I almost can’t come back from H’s
Dilek VT
Not my cuppa!!! Contains douche-bag hero and stupid heroine!

(view spoiler)
Tracy  C
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dane and Neely are swoony! This second chance romance has so many feels. Each think they should stay away from the other to stave off future heartbreak, but they are drawn back together over and over. With a bit of help from the whole community, who know that Dane and Neely belong together, they manage to let themselves experience the love that never really went away. Another great romance from Adriana Locke!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
If I've learned anything, it's that Adriana Locke knows how to deliver these emotionally engaging, adorable, and deeply romantic stories. I can't think of a trope she can't work with, and she absolutely delivered on this second-chance romance.

I loved it. It was interesting. The chemistry was sparky and intense. And the little twists and turns that the storyline took kept me on my toes, tugging at my heart, and occasionally doling out those delicious butterflies in my heart and tummy.

I'm also a
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 26, 2019
Genre: Second Chance Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Tumble is the first book in the Dogwood Lane series by Adriana Locke and she really kicked the series off to a great start! This book had me feeling a range of emotions. The characters are honest, raw, flawed, and as realistic as they come. There is a bit of a twist or reveal of a secret that will leave readers breathless, but the way it was handled was impeccable. I love how Adriana writes these characters an
Rejane
Feb 05, 2019 marked it as no-way-jose
Betül
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

"There's a wall between us we can't skirt. It's built with just as many tears and just as much betrayal as it is any good times we shared."

It has been almost two years since I read my last book by Adriana Locke, and I am really happy that I decided to read Tumble. The blurb was exciting enough for me to give it a try, and I have to be honest and say that the single dad part really was the deciding factor in this case. Also I am a suck
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "Erect!!!" stars (Bahahaha!!!)***

What do you have to give up to get what you want?"

This was my first book by Adriana Locke, even though a have a couple books of hers in my TBR list, and it was a lovely reading...
It was a second chance story, with a heroine that in a point in her life, she lost herself and the things that actually meant something and a single dad who had made several mistakes in his life, but by THE result, he couldn't regret them!!!!
This was a wonderful story about
Fancy Jenn
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Tumble was exactly what I needed to get me out of a book slump! I have always enjoyed Adriana Locke's books but this is by far my favorite. This story combined 2 of my favorite tropes , second-chance romance and a single dad. SWOON!. Neely returns to her small hometown in Tennessee after she quits her job trying to find direction. It doesn't take long for her to run in to the one person she doesn't want to see. Dane was her high school love and the one that not only broke her heart, but shattere ...more
Lauren Hutchinson
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic start to a new series.
I was hooked from the beginning till the end. I absolutely loved this book so so much. I was disappointed that it ended. The characters really touched my heart and really pulled at my heart strings especially Mia. It has a fantastic storyline with plenty to keep you wanting more. I can't wait for the next one.
book bruin
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I am a huge fan of Adriana Locke's books, but I just could not get on board with this one. I feel like this book will be very polarizing for readers. One side will see a beautiful single dad/second chance romance, while the other will want to scream and throw their kindles across the room.

(view spoiler)
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

With real characters and a plot filled with emotion, family, and love that you won't be able to put it down, Adriana Locke has delivered a good start to a new series that I will be definitely reading.

The last book I read by Locke was not a favorite so, I'm going to be honest here and say that I was not expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did. The main couple was good, but it was the secondary characters the ones that made this book for me—Mia, Grace, Haley, Matt, and Penn...Gawd I loved Pe
Escape into a Booksite
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't read many books by Adriana Locke as yet (on my TBR!), but this one definitely makes me want to catch up on all those that I have missed.

Neely and Dane's story was fantastic. To each other, they're both basically "the one that got away" and there are plenty of unresolved feelings and issues attached to their story.

After a huge decision in her New York life, Neely ends up back home visiting her Mum in Dogwood Lane, and bo
Pamela Lilley
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I love a good old second chance romance and Tumble is truly adorable, as is Dane Madden. He’s the ultimate scrumdidlyumptious single dad, and a perfect book boyfriend. Living in Dogwood Lane, Tennessee, he has a wonderful Southern drawl too (the author describes it perfectly). Neely Kimber on the other hand has New York in her blood, after all, she left without a backward glance all those years ago, admittedly with a broken heart, but surely she’s over Dane now. Maybe not, because if she ...more
Fallon
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure where to start...

The writing for this book was really good, I think it had amazing potential with me.

I was excited about the second chance romance with a single dad. However, when the truth was revealed about their past, I checked out.

I could not bring myself to liking Dane at ALL!! I felt angry for Neely, and hated how when she expressed her anger, which faded to quickly, he played the upset victim. She ended up being the one to apologize.

This is a NO for me.
Mandi Beck
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review coming soon! Absolutely loves this book and wish I could move to Dogwood Lane!
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this in one sitting and it was absolutely fantastic. EXACTLY what I wanted to read. RTC!
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
A determined career woman, a sexy single dad, and his precocious little girl-I was sold on this book by the blurb alone!

Neely is back home after an unexpected...hiatus from work. And of course, the Fates are laughing at her, because the first person she sees is Dane. Dane, who she split up with over a decade ago, leaving him over a mistake Neely couldn’t forgive and neither one could forget. So, what’s a girl supposed to do when she’s faced with a dilemma of going after a job she always wanted.
Cyndi
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
An adorable second chance romance. Our hero and heroine were childhood sweethearts, but one night sent it all crashing to the ground. Broken hearts all around. Adulthood getting tougher. Years later our heroine has taken a hard knock at work in NYC and finally goes home. Can she ever forgive him and where does true happiness live?
Melike
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF at %55, it was really slow for me and the main characters were not interesting.
"Avonna
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

TUMBLE (Dogwood Lane #1) by Adriana Locke is a second chance contemporary romance that is the first book in a new series set in the small town of Dogwood Lane, TN. The hero and heroine have some issues that are still as fresh today, 10 years later, as they were when the heroine left town for college and then on to New York City to work in sports publishing.

Neely Kimber was on track to achieve her dream job until she was cheated ou
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 Home CROWNS

LORD, oh LORD. How does Adriana Locke always make me swoon? This small town romances just melt my heart, and they make me want to pack up and move to these fictitious places.

Dane is single dad goals. The protective way he loves his daughter does something to me. He is the perfect blend of hard and soft, and I enjoyed the interactions between him and Neely. His daughter definitely softens this emotionally cold man, makes him lovable until he softens f
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
5 stars photo: Rate 5 Stars Rate5.gif

This book was exactly what I needed for my rainy day Sunday read....It ticked all the blocks and I devoured it from start to finish....

* Second Chance Romance
* Single Dad
* Hot Alpha Male
* Kick-Ass Heroine
* Fantastic Secondary Characters

This book lacked nothing in my opinion and I highly recommend it.

Neely has recently lost her job in New York City and has decided to go home to Dogwood Lane to spend some time with her mother and get some perspective on her life.

Dane is a single dad, who has
Jill M
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a sucker for a small town romance. Add a second chance romance too and I’m in. And who can’t go wrong with a sexy single dad and his sweet daughter? All the elements for a great feel good romance. Adriana checked off all my boxes on my kind of romance. She writes characters to make you swoon and fall in love.

Ms. Locke wrote an engaging romance to keep me on my toes with a swoony man and a confident woman. I love a good slow burn with lots of build up and intense chemistry. The story was ent
Mari's Struggle is Real
Neely and Dane were meant to be together, but Dane makes a mistake and breaks Neely's heart in the process. Neely not wanting to see him ever again moves to New York to pursue her dreams and doesn't return to Dogwood Lane for 10 years.
Dane knows he made a mistake but he can't regret it completely since it brought Mia, his daughter, into his life. They still have amazing chemistry between them, and if only Neely is willing to forgive the past and look towards a future between them, they could be
Tzelina
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me the ARC in exchange for an honest review** #Tumble#NetGalley
4 amazing stars .....It was a sweet/ cute story of love, a beautiful, heartwarming book about second chance love!! I absolutely loved the chemistry between Neely and Dane. Mia was adorable!! Although the story is good, you can feel from the start how the story would end! Overall it was a fantastic read.... I'd totally recommend this story!!
Romance Retreat: SERIES SALE: Dogwood Lane 1 11 May 03, 2020 06:46AM
Romance Retreat: Whispersyn - Do you use it? 6 15 Jun 19, 2019 08:19PM

• Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • That Second Chance (Getting Lucky, #1)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Risky Play (Red Card, #1)
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • Rock Bottom Girl
  • Kickin' It (Red Card, #2)
  • Diary of a Bad Boy
  • Imperfect Match
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • My Life in Shambles
USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author Adriana Locke lives and breathes books. After years of slightly obsessive relationships with the flawed bad boys created by other authors, Adriana has created her own.

She resides in the Midwest with her husband, sons, and two dogs. She spends a large amount of time playing with her kids, drinking coffee, and cooking. You can find her outside if the

Dogwood Lane (3 books)
  • Tangle (Dogwood Lane, #2)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Everywhere we look, fictional characters are finding their second chance at love. High school sweethearts are reuniting, one-night stands are...
“Life is not about what happens to you, but how you react to it.” 5 likes
“we all have a few times in our lives where we sort of sit back and reevaluate what we’ve done, what we’re doing, and where we’re going.” 1 likes