Start by marking “Among Wolves (A Jericho Black Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
Among Wolves (A Jericho Black Thriller, #1)

Among Wolves

(Jericho Black Thriller #1)

How did Will Hessler become the Mossad deep cover operative known as Jericho Black?

Among Wolves is a tense thriller told from Will’s own perspective. Growing up in 1960’s San Francisco as a young artist, Will finds himself at odds with his Nazi war criminal Grandfather and radical Jihadist mother.

When Will’s mother spearheads a terrorist attack in San Francisco, the boy
Published July 2018 (first published August 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Among Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Among Wolves

Start your review of Among Wolves (A Jericho Black Thriller, #1)
Glen
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

Origin story of the grandson of an SS officer/artist who became a Mossad agent. It goes about the way you'd expect.
Gareth
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The plot was deep, the pace was thrilling, and the characters were so believable and well crafted. This was the first book that I have read by Jordan Vezina. It definitely won’t be the last.

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Adam Shore
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was awarded this book in a GoodReads giveaway.

Somehow, i thought i was going to be reading a book about a guy working for Mossad and doing extraordinary things to bring Nazi war criminals to justice.

I couldn't have been more wrong, and the intensity of the book caught me completely off-guard. The subject is one i am good with but the content of the subject was intense enough that I found myself having to put down the book several times... only to pick it up again nearly as quickly and continue
Amber
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fast moving thriller that will grab your attention! Although if you dont pay attention then you might get lost but definitely a great read!
Frani Zumwalt
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoy your books. They bring a sense of reality to the events of what was and still is happening in the world today.
Howard Katzoff
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG-absolutely amazing!

A fast moving thriller about American Nazis and Arabs wrecking havoc in the USA. Very exciting and extremely emotional. It takes some real concentration to keep up with the characters, but well worth the effort.
Cath
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The setting is in San Francisco, around the period of the Vietnam War. The main character is a young lad called Will Hessler, who lives with his mother and has a grandfather who lives nearby. In the future he will become a deep cover operative with Mossad called Jericho Black and this book is to show what his upbringing was like and what events occurred in his life to shape him into the person he became.

Will loves painting, something his grandfather also does well enough to be a well-known
NicCole
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t noticed anything at all about your current surroundings, just know that we live in a not so nice world. Seems like every race is in competition on who is most valuable than the other, but why is humanity being treated more with hatred than love? Very saddening indeed because it’s a mass of ignorance that exists amongst us. Wolves in sheep’s clothing, individuals who believe their lives are more worthy than the next being, such inconsideration for others should leave a bad taste in ...more
Liz Melton
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One action causes a series of terrible consequences

Among Wolves (A Jericho Black Thriller Book 1) by Jordan Vezina, was one of the best books I have been blessed to read this year! In this first book of the series it follows a family born in a “ War Torn” Germany, trying to have a “ new go at life” in America.

Warning there will be some spoilers from this point on in this review.

The first two characters the reader “ meets” are a Nazi War Criminal Franklin Hessler, and his daughter Diane.
Ryan McCoin
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gritty and Mysterious

“Among Wolves” by Jordan Vezina is fantastic and I could not put it down. This is the first book in a series and reads much like a Vince Flynn or Tom Clancy novel. Kind of an American Assassin feel but with enough of a twist and distinction that this novel, and likely the series as a whole, stands apart on its own legs. This is a picture into modern, or at least current at the time of writing, anti-terrorism culture and operations and as such, is a mature read. This novel
Nan
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Are you living the life you are intended to live?

Yes, you are! So, you will want to read this captivating book entitled, "Among Wolves (A Jerico Black Thriller Book 1)" by Jordan Vezina.

Will Hessler wants to live a 'normal life' but he is being pulled into a life he never intended to live. He is being affected by events brought upon him that are not of his choosing. Will, never knowing his father, lives with his mother, Diane Hessler, who is eventually jailed for bombing a synagogue. His
David
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really need to begin reading this series in proper sequence. While this book can work as a stand-alone, it makes much more sense to the reader to consider it the first of a series and go from there. This book covers the earlier years of Will Hessler who will play a very prominent role in future books. Without giving too much away here, let me just say that Will comes from the sort of background that most people would not consider to be breeding ground for a Massad warrior. Quite the opposite, ...more
Molly
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: historical fiction and action/adventure fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout, Bookbub,
An epic series. Will Hessler is the product of the rape of his German emigrant mother by rough Argentinian thugs.

His grandfather was in some special ops capacity. A high priced, famous painter.

Diane Hessler basically shattered when she was raped and became pregnant. What her father failed to realize was the she was dangerous and lethal, not just to his own happiness and that of her son.

Will is also a talented painter, and becomes fluent in German, Spanish, and later Hebrew.

An ideal candidate
Barbara J Maich
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great thriller

Book one is complete and set the scene for future novels. A great historical thriller that I very much enjoyed. A Nazi war criminal settled in the USA with his daughter. Although portraying as an artist Kessler continues to be a killer. His daughter has a hard core hate for Jews and then young child is exposed to a mother who has no fondness for him and his beliefs taught by his country the USA. Will is put through a lot and gets in trouble with his friendship with a Jewish
Andrew Norley
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this book after reading a novella Broken English. I enjoyed Jordan’s work so much I am now a beta reader for his new works

The characters are well developed and the storyline moves along at a cracking pace.
The subject matter involving nazi war-criminals, their polyglot grandson, nazi hunters and the rise of neo-nazis during the late 70s. It’s a heady n intoxicating combination that drags you in and doesn’t let go until you turn the final page

I received a free copy of this book via
Heidi
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really liked the first 1/2 of the book. It read like a true story which I loved. Then it went down hill from there. Will grows up finding out that his grandfather and mother are nazi lovers and they beyond hate Jews. The grandfather comes to accept his life and so Will and him have a truce. His mother on the other hand is just plain evil. But at this point the book is good. Then it takes a weird turn, I don't want to give away too much but it went sideways for me.
Received this book as an ARC
Pat Eroh
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like many others, I did not understand what I was preparing to read and was surprised at the depth of this story. I was horrified by some of what was going on and encouraged by the intelligence and wisdom of a young boy. I was gripped in this story from beginning to end. This author is new to me but clearly very talented and I intend to read more by this author.

dennis barron
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Among Wolves. Jordan Vezina

Will Hessler is the grandson of a Nazi war criminal. His mother, a devout Nazi . They reside in San Francisco. Will is aware of his grandfather's past and is worried that his mother's fanatical and twisted behavior will one day manifest itself. It does, and Will is thrown into the middle of it all. He has agreed to infiltrate a neo Nazi group with ties to middle East terrorists. Non stop action. Believable scenario. Enjoyed immensely.
mark earls
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a number of Jordan Vezina's works and have loved them all. This newly re edited and revised edition cleaned up some of the issues with the original and helps to make this book a much better read. If you have not read any of Jordan's work, start with this one and if you enjoy it as much as I did you will want to get the other 5 volumes. For once a story that you can grab onto and not let go for several days. Great book heartily recommend it.
Joan Mitchell
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
War never ends

A thrilling story of the son and grandson of German nationals who view Jewish people with a fierce hatred. The young boy is befriended by a Jewish girl and her family and becomes embroiled in an international terrorist cell. Well written with true characters with strengths and weaknesses.
Rena
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very interesting story. The background of the main character (Will) was compelling, and I really felt his confusion with regard to his family. He had a turbulent childhood, but manages to get to early adulthood with a mostly healthy mental state. The author showed great insight into the chaos of those years and he presented Israel in a way that showed how much it faces against its enemies.
Bruce Thomas
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Liked This Book

I like how Jordan Vezina writes and the characters he develops for his stories. Will Hessling is a character that is heroic but has lots of room to develop. I'm looking forward to reading the follow-up book to Among Wolves, where Will meets up with the Hammer of Israel.
Jay Clement
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
29-2019. This was a bit of a mess. I suppose it serves as an origin story of sorts for Will Hessler, who will become an avenging agent for the Mossad in future books. There were far too many implausible moments and jump cuts in plot for my taste. People acted in stupid or nonsensical ways, and our hero drifted through it all.
Brandon Williams
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series that I have read and and I enjoyed it so much I have started the third.The plot lines are really fascinating and make me feel like I am looking back into history and gaining a far better understanding of it .If you re looking for something a little different then this is a great series of books .
Tanya
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a powerful read about choices a boy must make. His choice can destroy his life and family. Will he do what his family wants or will be turn his back on them? See what will happen

Justin
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
Excellent, fast paced read. I am a big fan of WW2 fiction and this was a great twist on the genre (deals with post WW2 Era in 1960/70s). Loved the plot, setting, and the characters. Looking forward to the sequel.
Tom Nemes
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Among Wolves is a nicely written WW2 era piece that is accurate to the time. You can tell Jordan did his research before and while writing this book! I look forward to the rest of the series and Jordan's other books.
Jackie
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting

I breezee through this book in a day. I found the storyline to be interesting. I really liked the way the story went from childhood into his young adult life. I look forward to the next book in the series. Giveaway win
Norman Lavallee
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! It hooks you literaly from page one and never stops. The plot line flows so seamlessly that I was half way through the book in the first couple of hours. Characters are very believable, if in some cases flawed heroes. I eagerly look forward to buying the rest of this series.
Bruce D.
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Action packed!

Another good book by Jordan Vezina.. Well written . Lots of action which I like. Looking forward to reading more in this genre.

• Deep State (Jason Trapp, #1)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • Blind Impact (Gabriel Wolfe, #2)
  • Bright Lights (John Milton #15)
  • Torpedo (Gabriel Wolfe #8)
  • Black Ops (Danny Black #7)
  • Red Phoenix (Thomas Caine #2)
  • Rattlesnake (Gabriel Wolfe #6)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma #1)
  • Scourge (Xander King #5)
  • No Further (Gabriel Wolfe #7)
  • Trigger Point (Gabriel Wolfe, #1)
  • We Run Bad
  • Twelve Days (John Milton #14)
  • Lord Edward's Archer
  • Conquering your Stress and Fears: A treatment guide for anxiety and trauma-related disorders
  • The Nowhere Stone
  • Gone Forever (Jack Widow, #1)
Jordan Vezina is a writer of historical fiction living in Palo Alto California. In a past life Jordan was an infantry Marine serving in an anti/ counter-terror unit, a bodyguard, and a personal trainer. And a website designer. And a combatives teacher. And a corporate manager. And a singer and guitar player in a blues-metal band. And then an IT guy. And then blah blah blah I'm so cool. That's ...more

Jericho Black Thriller (6 books)
  • Education (Jericho Black Thriller #2)
  • Retribution (A Jericho Black Thriller, #3)
  • Outfoxed (Jericho Black Thriller #4)
  • Going Dark (Jericho Black Thriller #5)
  • The Moscow Protocol (Jericho Black Thriller #6)