Start by marking “Listen to Your Heart” as Want to Read:
Listen to Your Heart

Listen to Your Heart

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  7,606 ratings  ·  1,469 reviews
Talking to other people isn't Kate Bailey's favorite activity. She'd much rather be out on the lake, soaking up the solitude and sunshine. So when her best friend, Alana, convinces Kate to join their high school's podcast, Kate is not expecting to be chosen as the host. Now she'll have to answer calls and give advice on the air? Impossible.

But to Kate's surprise, she turns
Audiobook
Published May 29th 2018 by Scholastic Audio

To ask other readers questions about Listen to Your Heart, please sign up.
Emily Barnett you can most likely get this book from your local bookstore, but if your bookstore does not have it you can order it from amazon!

·  7,606 ratings  ·  1,469 reviews

Lola
I did something terrible.

After being disappointed by my last Kasie West book, I claimed that she and I would part ways. Her books didn’t satisfy me as much anymore and I thought it was time to turn to other authors that understood me as a reader a little better.

It’s only when I noticed this new book from her that I realized how wrong I was to even think about avoiding Kasie West’s future stories. The moment I laid eyes on it, I knew, somehow, that this book and I would click.

And would you look
☆High Lady of The Night Court☆
This book is so beautiful it’s making my head hurt. I just finished the book a minute ago, literally, and I can’t stop grinning because of everything that I just read. This story is wonderful and was narrated in the perfect way. Sometimes a book can have a great concept but the execution may not be up to the par, but when I first read the blurb of this book I will admit I was bit skeptical because of the possibility of a love triangle, and that too between best friends. But now after everything ...more
Jaime Arkin
I wish I could have a new KW book to read every month of the year...
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Very, very, very cute. I just swooned the entire time. No shame.
Christy
4 stars!!!

photo IMG_2403_zpsjnxtjep2.png

Kasie West wrote another fun, witty, and sweet YA book with Listen to Your Heart. I listened to the audio version of this book and the narrator, Nora Hunter, did a great job bringing Kate to life.

Kate is a bit of a snarky teenager. She’s funny, though, and I loved her personality. While taking a podcast class in highschool, she thinks she will be doing behind the scenes stuff. Then, after her idea for a advice show wins, she is made to co-host the podcast. This is not what Kate want
may ❀
This was honestly one of the BETTER kasie west books that have been released recently and IM SO HAPPY, FINALLY!!

Pros
- the mc was likeable and has this massive family (extra points for big fams)
- while the whole premise is very common, there wasn't cringey, unnecessary drama and i appreciate that
- i loved the idea of the podcast and the advice thing!
- it was sickly cuuuute
- DIEGO IS THE CUTEST BOY ALIVE
- thank goodness for no girl hate when boys get involved 👏👏
- even though there was a love tri
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 4.5/5

Kasie West’s 10th book did NOT disappoint. This is now my second favorite, after On The Fence.
Cait • A Page with a View
3.5 stars. This isn't my favorite Kasie West book, but it's still pretty adorable! The story has hints of Sleepless in Seattle, since the guy who likes Kate keeps calling her podcast for advice. It was a cute setup with a range of great characters and a lake setting... basically, a fun summer read.

However, I never really got that into the story or connected with the characters. I had that problem with By Your Side, too... I still liked those books, but was nowhere near as invested as I was with
Samhita  {Multi Dreamer}⚔
4.5⭐

This book was extremely adorable. A perfect summer read if I do say so myself (even though it isn't summer right now where I live you get what I mean). The writing was simple and it made the book all the more enjoyable.

"Guilt isn’t necessarily a great reason to do something.”

This book follows 16 year old Kathryn Bailey who, as an extreme introvert, prefers to not be in the spotlight. She'd much rather spend all her time on the lake in her family's marina. She didn't want to sign up for th
Stacee
Kasie is an auto-buy author and I don’t even need to read the synopsis to know I’ll enjoy it.

I loved Kate and her group of friends. I love her passion for the lake and how she begins to love the podcast, even when she didn’t want to do it in the first time. Alana was a good BFF and her relationship with Kate was so supportive. Of course I loved Diego and even Frank was mildly charming. And the dynamic between them quickly became interesting.

Plot wise, it was mostly fluffy, but had touches of re
Jiana
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read West's books, I always tend to compare them to my favorite book by her, PS I Like You. And so far, none of the KW books I've read were as good as PS I Like You, except this one. Honestly, after finding the other KW books mediocre, I didn't have expectations going into this one. I just wanted something cute, and I knew KW would provide. However, I didn't expect to love it as much as I loved PS I Like You!!!

- Cute plot
- Diegodiegodiegoooo
- Love triangle done right
- Good female friends
Jessica
Cute and summery and exactly what I was looking for. I could’ve done with a little more swoon but considering that I’ve been so disappointed in West’s lastest works, I’ll consider this one a win.
Alyssa

Listen To Your Heart by Kasie West
Publisher: Point
Publication Date: May 29, 2018
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Kat
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-3
In this Kasie West novel, Kate and Alana have been friends for years. They are entering high school and taking a class together in podcasting. Kate lives on a lake and that is a big part of her life. I enjoyed the friendship storyline in this.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

Is there anything better than a Kasie West book?

I mean truly.

They are always feel good, put a smile on your face and make you go aww, kind of reads. I can always count on her for a heartfelt story that is just what I need when I need it and once again she delivered.

This was such a great read. I adored it completely and couldn't get enough of it. From the family dynamic to the friend dynamic to the podcasting at school. It truly was so much fun and I couldn't read it fast enough.

West
Marilena and books⚓
Μου άρεσε λίγο περισσότερο απ το PS I like you..! ...more
Elizabeth
D'aaaawwwwwww.

Kasie West, I'm a fan! And not in the sense that I'm going to read any more of your books, because let's be honest - adorable as they are, I'm 27 and just too old. But I am super pumped that you are writing really great stories for young teens filled with positive messages, strong female characters and female friendships, and non-toxic males! Also this one was about podcasting - so fun!
Irisheyz77
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This books was so adorable! I had a hard time putting it down and smiled throughout much of the book. The plot reminded me a lot of A MidSummer Nights Dream and it just all worked so perfectly. I read it in just a few hours and I really hated for the story to end. Listen to Your Heart is among my favorite West books and definitely one that I’ll be re-reading. All the heart eyes!!
Vernie♡
HOW DOES SHE HAVE SO MANY BOOKS COMING OUT ALL THE TIME? IS KASIE WEST MAGIC??
Rê
description

4 “Lake, Podcasts and Swoons” Stars

I'm still not caught up on Kasie West's books (Love, Life and the List is next), but after not feeling By Your Side as much as I wanted and being disappointed in Lucky in Love, I'm glad to announce I really liked this!

Listen to Your Heart had all the fluffy, swoony feels that makes Kasie West one of my go-to authors when it comes to YA romance. The main character, Kate was super likable and she had a great, almost sarcastic sense of humor. The love interest, Di
Merphy Napier
This was a cute contemporary. I do feel like most of Kasie West's protagonists are all starting to seem the same; they all have similar internal monologues, jump to the same kind of conclusions, have the same sort of issues. I also felt the romance was unfortunately predictable because the big surprise (view spoiler) because it was in the description!!

That being said, it was a fun and cute contemporary. I read it quickly and it held
Lisa
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Cute but without much depth. I loved the podcast aspect of the novel but felt like a lot of the dialogue seemed overly formal and stiff for high school students.

The writing is very straightforward, which is great for a contemporary novel, but it also came off as more meant for younger readers.

Fun overall but not West’s best.
Sharon
OK this is actually super duper cute! I wasn’t sure how I was feeling about it in the beginning, but the more I read, the more I liked the concept and the characters. Also, it has one of my fav love interests by West <3

Here are some of my thoughts:
• I enjoy Kate’s sarcasm and her love for her lake. I would have liked to see more scenes with her in the lake to really hit home how much she loves it. For that matter, I would have liked to see an actual scene of the cover being in the book becaus
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)

I thought that Listen to Your Heart was really cute and I liked podcast setting. It was unique, and worked fantastically as an audiobook. I actually really liked all the characters, they all felt like real people and had good interactions and growth in their relationships.I appreciate that was wasn’t too much extra drama in the story, the
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Mar 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always by: Alyssa
I NEEEEED THIS CUTESY, SWEET BOOK. Check out Alyssa's review to get you as hyped up as me!
Maureen
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kasie West books can be hit or miss for me but this was DEFINITELY a hit. I pretty much read it in one day.

Kate & Diego's journey was pretty adorable. From casual flirting to hanging out together more, with the added complication of Alana, it was interesting enough and kept me reading.

I also loved all the lake-talk from Kate. I've grown up near a lake almost my whole life and it was fun to read about someone who lived there 24/7 because a lot of my summers have been spent at the lake.

Overall
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
4.5 Stars

As a massive Kasie West fan, it’s no surprise that I adored her latest work. Listen to Your Heart is a book all about podcasting, and the main character is so relatable. The strong family bonds sold me even more. This is a classic Kasie West that definitely lives up to her standard.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Kasie West writes the cute, cute, cutest books! And Listen to Your Heart is no exception. This light, sweet, fun filled read made me smile and glow.

Summer has come to a close, which means Kate Bailey has to spend more time than she’d like away from the water and the life she loves working at her family’s lakeside business. This school year brings all sorts of new challenges for Kate though. Her best friend, Alana, convinced her to enroll in a podcast class that includes starting, recording, and
Kayla
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-favrouites
I always feels soft and in such a great mood after reading a Kasie West book. I expected high things for this book and it didn't disappoint.

This is as soft and as cute as her other novels and it reminded me of Radio Rebel, the Disney channel movie if you renember it?
The book was a very slow burn romance as you can expect with Kasie but I found it so entreating and engaging.

Kate was a good character, I usually don't care about protagonist in contemporaries but Kate really had a personality and sh
emi
  • Now a Major Motion Picture
  • That Girl, Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Story
  • Skylarks
  • Famous in a Small Town
  • Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2)
  • Only Love Can Break Your Heart
  • Sunflowers in February
  • Always Never Yours
  • The Loser's Guide to Life and Love
  • How I Became a Spy: A Mystery of WWII London
  • Get Happy
  • Hope and Other Punchlines
  • Seeking Mansfield (Seeking Mansfield, #1)
I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels are: PIVOT POINT and its sequel SPLIT SECOND. And my contemporary novels: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US, ON THE FENCE, THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND, PS I LIKE YOU, and BY YOUR SIDE. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.
“I wondered if life was about facing fears. Sometimes we overcame them and sometimes they overcame us. On the days we won, we had every right to celebrate.” 17 likes
“Sometimes I hesitate to share important things because... I don’t think people will care about them as much as I do. And then when I do share, the things are out there to be judged, or never thought about again. And I can't decide which outcome is worse.” 5 likes