Start by marking “Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)

Shadow Me

(Shatter Me #4.5)

Fan favorite character Kenji Kishimoto narrates this gripping companion novella to Tahereh Mafi’s New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, set during the explosive events in Restore Me!

Juliette is still reeling from Warner's betrayal, and Kenji is trying to balance his friendship with her with his responsibilities as a leader of the resistance against the Reestablishm
Published March 5th 2019 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Me, please sign up.
Marie -The Reading Otter You will want to read the rest of the series before reading any of the Novellas. They spoil things that happen in the main series. I've just finished…moreYou will want to read the rest of the series before reading any of the Novellas. They spoil things that happen in the main series. I've just finished reading Restore Me, and I'm assuming that this novella bridges the gap between books 4 and 5.(less)

Whitney Atkinson
Sooo I knew I loved Kenji Kishimoto..... but this book made me realize that I would rip my fucking heart out and put it on a platter for Kenji Kishimoto. I LOVED this installment!!!!

I think this book was the perfect balance of exploring Kenji's voice, getting his funny inner monologue, learning more about the world, and seeing the events of Restore Me from his eyes. I wouldn't necessarily call it a bridge book between books 4 and 5 (honestly, these chapters could have been thrown in at the end
Nick
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
At this point we can all agree that Kenji is everyone's favorite.
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Either my coffee isn't working and I'm still dreaming or this is actually happening!
*rubs eyes*

A KENJI POV?!!
OMG!!!!

Give me this book!!! I've needed this in my life ever since I started to read "Shatter Me".
Tahereh you can have all my money!
I'm ready!!!! <333

P.S: How gorgeous is this cover? <3
Mary S. R.
4.25 STARS! well, that was confusing but also satisfying :)
A short but gripping novella from Kenji's point of view, giving us a chance to relive the end of Restore Me.
I found the choice of Kenji as narrator to be the perfect choice—since we get to understand and see many characters better! (check Characterization for more)
Her words are a threat to their livelihood.
That aside, I'm unbelie
Kenji has always been one of my favorites characters from the Shatter Me series, so I was super excited to read, not only more about him but from his POV and I’m glad I did it but I also wasn’t 100% happy with this novella.

This kid has always been on the move and with this constant need of doing something. Anything, and these chapters sort of proved my theory that Kenji got a form of ADHS or PTSD because the way his thoughts are constructed and how he leads said thoughts into action it’s not “t
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I whisper a quick thank you to the unknown, to the air, to the lonely ghosts eavesdropping on my private conversations with no one.
I have a roof over my head and clothes on my back and food waiting for me every morning.
I have friends.
A makeshift family.
I’m lonely, but I’m not alone.
My body works, my brain works, I’m alive.
It’s a good life.
I have to make a conscious effort to remember that.
To choose to be happy every day.
If I didn’t, I think my own pain would’ve killed me a long time ago
Alana • thebookishchick
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
*starts to hyperventilate*

IT’S KENJI’S POV & I’M ALREADY TRASH 😭
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Kenji. He’s personality is just fantastic.
And this feel more as if I was reading the end of Restore Me again with a different point of view. One that gave me much more information about what happened. Can’t wait for Defy Me and see where this story is going.

——

The first chapter of this saved me and killed me at the same time.
Bromance that I now is going to rise.
And pain, that I now will be there.

————

KENJI, MY LOVE, COME TO MAMA
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 HINDING IN PLAIN SIGHT. ★'s

“I’m a big, raw, bleeding heart, and I spend my days pretending not to notice that I want more. That I need more.”

My Kenji & Nazeera

This was me like a 100% when finding out there was gonna be a Kenji novella!!

I love Kenji! I love Kenji! I love Kenji! I love Kenji!

Kenji being a fan favorite is a bit of an understatement in my opinion! Kenji is the rock of the Shatter Me series. He's the best friend/lover everyone should want and also inspire to be. He's true
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Read the 1st chapter! 😎😎😎

I can't wait to read book 5!!!

Hamad
Mar 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
If you go to my older reviews you would see that I was always Kenji's biggest fan, even before he was so popular!
He is probably the character that I relate to most among the books I read so far!
I am glad he got his own novella and I hope it doesn't disappoint as Restore me did ◕3◕
Zainab
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Kenji mannn. He used to be my favourite but got replaced by Warner but then Warner turned out to be this lovey dovey ball of cringe so I'm back to Kenji now.
Kenji's exactly what he says about himself; 'a goddamn joy'
Mari Yeung
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
SO FYI, IF THAT WASN’T CLEAR ENOUGH IN MY RESTORE ME REVIEW, I HARDCORE SHIP KENJI AND WARNER TOGETHER. AND MORE THAN EVER AFTER THIS NOVELLA.

ALSO CAN WE HAVE EVERYTHING FROM KENJI’S POINT OF VIEW FROM NOW ON? Thanks.

“Are you out of your mind?”
And when he says, without a hint of irony—
“No more than usual”
—it’s crystal clear to me that this dude is not okay.

This was actually good??! I’m v surprised, especially after reading Restore Me, which I wasn't a real fan of. I still stand by my opinion,
Luciana Gomez Mauro
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leídos-2019
Quedé en shock como siempre al terminar un libro de esta saga.. Tahereh me estás volviendo loca con tus finales..
Todo lo que se cree leer en el final de Restore Me, acá es diferente, ya que está narrado desde el punto de vista de Kenji.

Amé este libro, amo a Kenji, amo su amistad con Juliette, amo a Warner con mi vida.
Me encanta que la relación entre Kenji y Warner vaya teniendo más lugar, y también me encanta Nazeera para Kenji.

Leer los sentimientos de él fue doloroso, el mismo piensa que la ge
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"Maybe it sounds weird to say, but I know I could love the shit out of someone. I feel it, in my heart. This capacity to love. To be romantic and passionate. Like it’s a superpower I have. A gift, even".

¿Qué puede ser más perfecto que una novella narrada por Kenji? Shadow Me es una novella puente que conecta los últimos capítulos de Restore Me y el inicio del que será el quinto libro de la saga, Defy Me. No, no es un spin-off y creo que es absolutamente necesario leerlo antes de leer Defy Me.

En

Loved it.

Can't wait for book 5.

Pre-reading :

HOLD UP

I literally didn't know this was coming March 5th until today?

H O W

Bonnie Wells
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-releases
*4.5*

half a point off for kenji being so horny
julia ♥
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
read my full review on my blog!

"Maybe it sounds weird to say, but I know I could love the shit out of someone.
I feel it, in my heart. This capacity to love. To be romantic and passionate.
Like it’s a superpower I have. A gift, even.
And I’ve got no one to share it with."

I am finally writing my Shadow Me review. I know, a little late, but I had to gather my thoughts, people. Kenji Kishimoto is my all-time favorite book character and when I heard that like Adam and Warner, he would get his own nov
giulia
nazeera and kenji will be the death of me.
Alison♊⚜️✨
“Did you just wake up?” he says, looking at me like I’m an insect.
Warner peers past me, into my room, and for a moment, says nothing. Then, quietly: “Kishimoto, if I considered other people’s mediocre standards a sufficient metric by which to measure my own accomplishments, I’d never have amounted to anything.” He looks up, meets my eyes. “You should demand more of yourself. You’re entirely capable.”
“Are you—?” I blink, stunned. “I’m sorry, was that your idea of a compliment?”
He stares at me, hi
Candace Robinson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, yes, it's Kenji's turn for a novella! And being inside his head was even better than expected! He's funny, he's emotional, he's giving while being perfectly flawed!

The novella pretty much goes along with book four, but seeing things from Kenji's perspective puts a whole new spin on things. And after reading this, I want a whole book just being inside his head!

Tahereh can write such amazing characters, and this only makes me want the fifth book even more. The world has become a mess, and I wa
Emma
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!

Kenji is a sweet cinnamon roll who just wants to love Nazeera, please let him be. I love Kenji so much and his relationship with Warner is what I live for, I can't get enough of the two of them.
I'm now really curios for next month's release. I mean, how the hell are those people even alive????? I need so many answers right now.
Anahí ✨
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, english
[3.5]

Me gustó bastante. Me parece un complemento perfecto para leer inmediatamente después de terminar Restore Me. E insisto con lo de «inmediatamente después»; porque es totalmente complementario.

La historia va narrando algunas escenas de Restore Me pero desde la perspectiva de Kenji. Podemos conocer un poco sus pensamientos, cómo vivió los sucesos del libro y podemos leer sus sentimientos hacia cierta persona.

Lo único difícil para mi fue que hay muchas partes en donde hay huecos en la trama
Jemima
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
KENJI KENJI KENJI!

Can't complain. I love this character and I loved this book.
Glire
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would know.”

Esta novela sirve para confirmar que Kenji es amor. Y que el amor duele. Vemos su lado más susceptible, ese que se oculta tras sus chistes y sonrisas.

En relación a la trama, revisita varias escenas de Restore Me sin mayores diferencias que las opiniones de Kenji. La sorpresa está en el final, donde hace una revelación importante y, si es que es posible, ahora estoy más co
Beatrice in Bookland
"I’m so happy for my friends. I love them, even when they piss me off. I care about them. I want their joy. But it still hurts a little when it feels like, everywhere I look, everyone seems to have someone.
Everyone but me."

1. Shatter me ★★★★☆
2. Unravel me ★★★★★
3. Ignite me ★★★★★
4. Restore me ★★★★★

- Kenji Kishimoto deserves the fucking world but we knew that already
- Every interaction between Kenji and Warner is gold
- The relationship between Kenji and Juliette never fails to make me cry
- Nazeera
TheEuphoricZat
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God Kenji
Someone just needs to give him all the love that he deserves
This novella is from Kenji's POV
Brittany
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Alright Tahereh Mafi, I can see that you didn't come to play.
This book follows the point of view of Kenji in the fourth Shatter Me book, Restore Me. I can't say much beyond that without spoiling the rest of the series and I don't wish to do that.
I already loved Kenji but now I adore him even more. The way Kenji talks about love is me totally and I found myself yelling "same" so many times. Other than that, I loved getting into Kenji's head. He's such an interesting character to read from and h
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Untitled (Rokesbys #4)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #5)
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Memento Mori
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • Untitled (Untitled Trilogy, #3)
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil #1)
  • Untitled (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • Gallant
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
  • We Told Six Lies
  • Fall Like Thieves
  • Off the Air (Running on Air, #1)
Tahereh Mafi is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Shatter Me series. She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Santa Monica, California with her husband, fellow author Ransom Riggs. She can usually be found over-caffeinated and stuck in a book. Shatter Me is her first series, with television rights optioned by ABC Signature Studios; Fur ...more

Shatter Me (6 books)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4)
  • Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)
  • Untitled (Shatter Me, #6)
“It’s not the pain that’s unendurable. It’s the hopelessness. It’s the hopelessness that makes you reckless.” 4 likes
“I’m lonely but I’m not alone. My body works, my brain works, I’m alive. It’s a good life. I have to make a conscious effort to remember that. To choose to be happy every day. If I didn’t, I think my own pain would’ve killed me a long time ago.” 2 likes