Start by marking “Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)

Shadow Me

(Shatter Me #4.5)

Fan favorite character Kenji Kishimoto narrates this gripping companion novella to Tahereh Mafi’s New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, set during the explosive events in Restore Me!

Juliette is still reeling from Warner's betrayal, and Kenji is trying to balance his friendship with her with his responsibilities as a leader of the resistance against the Reestablishm
Published March 5th 2019 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Me, please sign up.

Nick
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
At this point we can all agree that Kenji is everyone's favorite.
Whitney Atkinson
Sooo I knew I loved Kenji Kishimoto..... but this book made me realize that I would rip my fucking heart out and put it on a platter for Kenji Kishimoto. I LOVED this installment!!!!

I think this book was the perfect balance of exploring Kenji's voice, getting his funny inner monologue, learning more about the world, and seeing the events of Restore Me from his eyes. I wouldn't necessarily call it a bridge book between books 4 and 5 (honestly, these chapters could have been thrown in at the end
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Either my coffee isn't working and I'm still dreaming or this is actually happening!
*rubs eyes*

A KENJI POV?!!
OMG!!!!

Give me this book!!! I've needed this in my life ever since I started to read "Shatter Me".
Tahereh you can have all my money!
I'm ready!!!! <333

P.S: How gorgeous is this cover? <3
Mary S. R.
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 STARS! well, that was confusing but also satisfying :)

A short but gripping novella from Kenji's point of view, giving us a chance to relive the end of Restore Me.
I found the choice of Kenji as narrator to be the perfect choice—since we get to understand and see many characters better! (check Characterization for more)

Her words are a threat to their livelihood.

That aside, I'm unbelie
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 HINDING IN PLAIN SIGHT. ★'s

“I’m a big, raw, bleeding heart, and I spend my days pretending not to notice that I want more. That I need more.”

My Kenji & Nazeera

This was me like a 100% when finding out there was gonna be a Kenji novella!!

I love Kenji! I love Kenji! I love Kenji! I love Kenji!

Kenji being a fan favorite is a bit of an understatement in my opinion! Kenji is the rock of the Shatter Me series. He's the best friend/lover everyone should want and also inspire to be. He's true
Kenji has always been one of my favorites characters from the Shatter Me series, so I was super excited to read, not only more about him but from his POV and I’m glad I did it but I also wasn’t 100% happy with this novella.

This kid has always been on the move and with this constant need of doing something. Anything, and these chapters sort of proved my theory that Kenji got a form of ADHS or PTSD because the way his thoughts are constructed and how he leads said thoughts into action it’s not “t
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I whisper a quick thank you to the unknown, to the air, to the lonely ghosts eavesdropping on my private conversations with no one.
I have a roof over my head and clothes on my back and food waiting for me every morning.
I have friends.
A makeshift family.
I’m lonely, but I’m not alone.
My body works, my brain works, I’m alive.
It’s a good life.
I have to make a conscious effort to remember that.
To choose to be happy every day.
If I didn’t, I think my own pain would’ve killed me a long time ago
Hamad
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, 2019-reads
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

🌟 This did not add up much to the story but I think it was a tiny bit better than Restore me, It could have substituted it!

🌟 This is Kenji’s first Novella and I thought it ta
Sabrina
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Kenji. He’s personality is just fantastic.
And this feel more as if I was reading the end of Restore Me again with a different point of view. One that gave me much more information about what happened. Can’t wait for Defy Me and see where this story is going.

——

The first chapter of this saved me and killed me at the same time.
Bromance that I know is going to rise.
And pain, that I know will be there.

————

Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Read the 1st chapter! 😎😎😎

I can't wait to read book 5!!!

Hillary
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
SO FYI, IF THAT WASN’T CLEAR ENOUGH IN MY RESTORE ME REVIEW, I HARDCORE SHIP KENJI AND WARNER TOGETHER. AND MORE THAN EVER AFTER THIS NOVELLA.

ALSO CAN WE HAVE EVERYTHING FROM KENJI’S POINT OF VIEW FROM NOW ON? Thanks.

“Are you out of your mind?”
And when he says, without a hint of irony—
“No more than usual”
—it’s crystal clear to me that this dude is not okay.

This was actually good??! I’m v surprised, especially after reading Restore Me, which I wasn't a real fan of. I still stand by my opinion,
Ninoska Goris
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
English - Español

Kenji Kishimoto is my favorite character, after Warner of course.

“Maybe it sounds weird to say, but I know I could love the shit out of someone. I feel it, in my heart. This capacity to love. To be romantic and passionate. Like it’s a superpower I have. A gift, even. And I’ve got no one to share it with.”

In this novel from Kenji's point of view is that you learn that not everything is what it seems. That because he is always joking doesn’t mean that Kenji is a carefree person. O
Zainab
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Kenji mannn. He used to be my favourite but got replaced by Warner but then Warner turned out to be this lovey dovey ball of cringe so I'm back to Kenji now.
Kenji's exactly what he says about himself; 'a goddamn joy'
Bonnie Wells
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-releases
*4.5*

half a point off for kenji being so horny
Angelica
all i have to say is that Kenji is far too good for this world, no one deserves him as their friend, and he's my main motivation for reading the sixth book in this mess of a series.

that is all.

check out my review of Defy Me

Follow Me Here Too: My Blog || Twitter || Bloglovin' || Instagram || Tumblr || Pinterest
Wynne Katherine
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

Loved it.

Can't wait for book 5.

Pre-reading :

HOLD UP

I literally didn't know this was coming March 5th until today?

H O W

A bitch is exciteeeed

KENJI MAMA IS COMING FO YOUUUU

Blog : Me, in all of my writing glory

Youtube : And sometimes I talk about random shits here

IG : and IG account where I mostly use it to stalk pretty humans
Brittany
4 Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟!!

Who wouldn’t love a novella from Kenjis POV?!? He’s like literally the best part of the series. We don’t get much from this novella TBH. Just a few good laughs and smiles from the Ken-dawg. Which was fun. We see a tiny bit behind the scenes before all hell breaks loose with Juliet. Looking forward to book 5!!!
giulia
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
nazeera and kenji will be the death of me.
Lauren Lanzilotta
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warner: I thought you loved me.

Me: *dramatically wipes tears* I still do Warner!

Warner: I’m already dealing with one breakup right now-

Me: Kenji is my favourite character.

Warner: the fu-

Me: I guess what I’m trying to say is that Kenji is the true cinnamon apple.

Somewhere in the back of my head this entire series, there’s been a lingering thought that Kenji is my favourite character. But guess what? Warner’s beautiful face got in the way of that. Don’t get me wrong, Warner remains a close runne
julia ♥
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
read my full review on my blog!

"Maybe it sounds weird to say, but I know I could love the shit out of someone.
I feel it, in my heart. This capacity to love. To be romantic and passionate.
Like it’s a superpower I have. A gift, even.
And I’ve got no one to share it with."

I am finally writing my Shadow Me review. I know, a little late, but I had to gather my thoughts, people. Kenji Kishimoto is my all-time favorite book character and when I heard that like Adam and Warner, he would get his own nov
Alison♊⚜️✨(on semi-hiatus)
“Did you just wake up?” he says, looking at me like I’m an insect.
Warner peers past me, into my room, and for a moment, says nothing. Then, quietly: “Kishimoto, if I considered other people’s mediocre standards a sufficient metric by which to measure my own accomplishments, I’d never have amounted to anything.” He looks up, meets my eyes. “You should demand more of yourself. You’re entirely capable.”
“Are you—?” I blink, stunned. “I’m sorry, was that your idea of a compliment?”
He stares at me, hi
Candace Robinson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, yes, it's Kenji's turn for a novella! And being inside his head was even better than expected! He's funny, he's emotional, he's giving while being perfectly flawed!

The novella pretty much goes along with book four, but seeing things from Kenji's perspective puts a whole new spin on things. And after reading this, I want a whole book just being inside his head!

Tahereh can write such amazing characters, and this only makes me want the fifth book even more. The world has become a mess, and I wa
Eli
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019, releases
I really really love Kenji... But also this novella felt like "Juliette here, Juliette there, drama Warner drama", and less about Kenji... I mean I guess it felt more like a prechapter for the fifth book, which isn't bad since I kind of forgot already what happened in the forth (classic), but I wanted this to be more about just Kenji.
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
KENJI KENJI KENJI!

Can't complain. I love this character and I loved this book.
《Maram》
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
We can all agree that Kenji is the best

- Kenji is beautiful in very sort of way
- His compassion for others makes my heart melt
- I loved seeing the characters in Kenji's eyes because he views them differently and he truly cares for each and everyone of them
- I loved the moments with him interacting with everyone else
- Kenji needs a hug
- Kenji is a lot more than the joker of the group and to see true him was brilliant
- I also appreciated seeing the action and the drama from his perspective
Beatrice in Bookland
"I’m so happy for my friends. I love them, even when they piss me off. I care about them. I want their joy. But it still hurts a little when it feels like, everywhere I look, everyone seems to have someone.
Everyone but me."

1. Shatter me ★★★★☆
2. Unravel me ★★★★★
3. Ignite me ★★★★★
4. Restore me ★★★★★

- Kenji Kishimoto deserves the fucking world but we knew that already
- Every interaction between Kenji and Warner is gold
- The relationship between Kenji and Juliette never fails to make me cry
- Nazeera
Emma
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!

Kenji is a sweet cinnamon roll who just wants to love Nazeera, please let him be. I love Kenji so much and his relationship with Warner is what I live for, I can't get enough of the two of them.
I'm now really curios for next month's release. I mean, how the hell are those people even alive????? I need so many answers right now.

• Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #5)
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Memento Mori
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • Untitled (Dreamer #3)
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #1)
  • Igniting Darkness (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • Gallant
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
  • We Told Six Lies
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • Off the Air (Running on Air, #1)
Tahereh Mafi is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Shatter Me series. She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Santa Monica, California with her husband, fellow author Ransom Riggs. She can usually be found over-caffeinated and stuck in a book. Shatter Me is her first series, with television rights optioned by ABC Signature Studios; Fur ...more

Shatter Me (6 books)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4)
  • Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)
  • Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6)
“It’s not the pain that’s unendurable. It’s the hopelessness. It’s the hopelessness that makes you reckless.” 14 likes
“I’m lonely but I’m not alone. My body works, my brain works, I’m alive. It’s a good life. I have to make a conscious effort to remember that. To choose to be happy every day. If I didn’t, I think my own pain would’ve killed me a long time ago.” 12 likes