Start by marking “Cursed (Kingdoms of Earth & Air #2)” as Want to Read:
Cursed (Kingdoms of Earth & Air #2)

Cursed

(Kingdoms of Earth & Air #2)

Whomsoever draws the sword from the ancient seat of this land shall rule it, and they shall bring peace and prosperity to its people.

For nearly a thousand years, the first-born son of every Cannamore King has drawn the sword, and the land and her people have indeed prospered.

Princess Nyx Bel-Hannon is neither male nor first-born, but it is her hand that draws the sword rat
Published November 20th 2018 by PTY LTD

Holly
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was ok

I had to force myself to continue reading this book at several points, I was just that bored. The plot went something like this (no real spoilers):

-Interesting abusive family dynamics
-Meet warlord
-Travel somewhere else, this might still be interesting?
-Ok, maybe not. Lots and lots of talk about the earth and wind and bipeds
-A really obvious double-crosser
-More boring earth/wind/bipeds
-Finally getting back to the interesting family dynamics!
-Nope, just kidding, more earth/wind/bipeds
-Re
Blodeuedd Finland
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, audiobook
Books seldom make me want to pick the author's brain, but I just have so many questions! In a good way

These books feel so sci.fi. Like people went to a planet, forgot and started anew. It is fantasy with big guns. Now when I have read two books I have started to wonder, do they put all their energy and time into military tech (since they have no phones or well tv ;) They are constantly under attack and have been so for hundreds of years. Of course all they do then is military tech. See, I so wan
Holly
Nov 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
I'm confused how this story ties in with the first book of the series. It sounds cool but I'm not getting the connection.
Mara
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The ending was a bit of a letdown.
Darcy
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Nyx is a very strong person, she needed it with the family she was born into. Her father and brother were horrid. The more that I learned what they did to her the more that I wanted Nyx to get payback. It was great when that happened in the end and boy, did she get her payback in a big way!

I was iffy on Donal at first. But as the book went on he was there for Nyx time and time again. The two of them were able to figure out what was going on, the threat coming to them all and had each other's bac
Douglas Meeks
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
What did I not love about this story, it was more like a much more horrible Cinderella story. While Donal and Nyx made a great couple they were more of a partnership to survive than anything else for most of the book.

I have to admit I am a total "revenge junkie" and that is what attracted me to the book and I got some but she had been treated so badly I was more in the camp of "kill'em all and let God sort them out" but our heroine was just a small bit more lucid than I would have been.

The story
Anne - Books of My Heart
This was a totally confusing book at the start. The characters from book 1 don't seem to be here. I'm uncertain about the connection to the first book. Either I need to go back and read the first book or the connection at this point is tenuous.

Once I got past the first 15% of trying to find some connection, other than the types of magic, I got into the story and it was very good. (I even went back to Unlit and searched character names on the Kindle version- nada.)

I love Nyx our heroine. This s
Melindeeloo
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A different couple from the previous book, but just as good.
Suz
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, scifi, audio
This one had a bit more romance in it than the first one did, but it was still an engaging read and I enjoyed the narrator.

Josephine
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
There was too many parallels between the first and second series.
Paula
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, fantasy, ebooks
Loved it even more than the first one.
Shelley Nolan
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the series, Cursed opens with a gut wrenching bang and it does not let up until the last page. Though set in the same world as the first book, it features a new main character and is on a different continent. Nyx is the despised princess of Cannamore, forced into that position by her ruthless father and brother to hide the fact she is the true heir to the glass throne. The depths of her suffering over the past twelve years is slowly revealed, as is the strength of her desire f ...more
Chrissy
Amazing addition to the Kingdoms of Earth and Air

I LOVED the first book in this series and was delighted when my pre-order hit my Kindle yesterday. In order to refresh my memory I re-read the first book and then devoured the second. I was quite surprised that the second book is not a direct continuation of the first. It is set in the same world as the first book but set in a different kingdom with a different enemy. All the same magic rules apply, as does the geography but it is set in a place w
Barbara
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Princess Nyx is my kind of heroine, smart, driven, brave despite her fears, and out for revenge on those who’ve wronged her. She’s been held captive by restraint bracelets and abused by her father the king, all because she had the temerity to go after what she deserved, by pulling the King’s Sword out of the Glass Throne. That should have made her the king’s heir, but heaven forbid a woman take the throne. No it had to be her twin brother Vin, and the king and her brother used deception to make ...more
Jen
Ellen
I enjoyed Cursed a lot more than Unlit. I like that Cursed is not a direct continuation of the first book Unlit. It is set in the same world as the first book but set in a different kingdom with a different enemy.
A really good story, with strong characters, and a fantastic imaginative world that really draws you in. It is Well worth reading.
Alicia
This basically reads as a spin-off series from the first book. New country, new characters, no cross overs or meet ups. It was an amazing fantasy book, but beyond the bad guys everything was new. I missed the old crew, but loved this book on its own too. Don’t go in expecting a continuation of the first book.
beth
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional

I have read this book twice. And, I have loved it more the second time. I didn't think that was possible. Overcoming evil is what we all deal with. Betrayal is another every person has to suffer. The main character rises above all of that and faces her own inner wounds with honesty and grace. And saves the 🌎 too!
K.A. Fox
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A threat waits in a land that's already been corrupted from within. A Princess is scorned when fate chooses her over her brother. Magic wanes, withdrawing from the King as he leads his kingdom away from the law that has protected them all these years. Murder in the past, pain in the future. Is there any chance for happiness even if the oncoming hoard is defeated? Only the Wind knows.
Lex Brown
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Grab your tissues

Another awesome book. I cried, sat on the edge of my seat and lost sleep! Loved the books them and loved Nyx and Donal it is a happily ever after but wow to get there!
Tracie Pletcher
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fun story fro Keri Arthur

Good strong characters, strong female lead and a good male who was rooting for the lead the whole time. I really like that they grew stronger together.
Wanda
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a good choice...

A world created by Keri Arthur is always exciting, entertaining and will leave you wanting more. So pour a cup of your favorite beverage, curl up in a comfortable chair and prepare yourself to be entertainrd.
Annetta Sweetko
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review may be found at: http://freshfiction.com/review.php?id...
Bobbie
Excellent as usual

As always, her books are wonderful. Excellent story, strong characters, and a fantastic imaginative world! I highly recommend this book!
Rebecca Dowd
WARLIKE!!!

Almost the whole book was about war! The majic was great if a bit familiar. I did like that she smashed stereotypes in the book.
Steven T Hudson
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!

I love the way the characters feel and interact in these stories. Very well put together and building to a satisfying conclusion.
Amanda
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Largely formulaic but there are themes in here that have kept me thinking. Engaging characters.
emcnicho
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Mix of high fantasy and sci-fi. It is not an urban fantasy so reader expecting another Riley will be disappointed. Easy to read.
thela clark
To me, I could n't connect the first book to the second. There were parts that I just skipped. Just word to fill space. I never figured out the main plot.
Anna Wick
each book different country same world

• Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Shades of Honor (Anomaly #2)
  • Red Hot Rain (Weather Warden, #10)
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Shades of Memory (Diamond City Magic, #4)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • Christmas with Dragons (Dragon's Breath, #4)
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)
  • Angel Stakes (Bite Back, #5)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Silver and Salt
  • The Silver Stag (The Wild Hunt #1)
  • The Privilege of Peace (Peacekeeper, #3; Confederation, #8)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Nocturne

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Keri Arthur, author of the New York Times bestselling Riley Jenson, Guardian series, has now written more than 25 books. She's received several nominations in the Best Contemporary Paranormal category of the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Awards, and recently won RT's Career Achievement Award for urban fantasy. She lives in Melbourne with her daughter and two crazy dogs

Kingdoms of Earth & Air (3 books)
  • Unlit (Kingdoms of Earth & Air, #1)
  • Burn (Kingdoms of Earth & Air Book 3)