Start by marking “City of Dust” as Want to Read:
City of Dust

City of Dust

The fight is never over.

Life in Arafel is no longer safe. Not since August’s disappearance, and whispers of a ghost controlling Pantheon.

Meanwhile, Talia stands torn between secretive twin, Eli, and best friend, Max.

Betrayal forces Talia to leave the sanctuary of her forest home as she pursues the stolen Book of Arafel. A book which could destroy the freedom of all those

Kindle Edition
Published October 2nd 2018 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about City of Dust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of Dust

Rachel B
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHY DID THIS HAVE TO END HERE AND WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 2019 FOR THE NEXT ONE?!?!?

Okay freakout over, review to come soon!
Rekha Shane
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
City of Dust is the second in a series of books by Michelle Kenney. I would advise if you are considering reading this books that you read the first book, Book of Fire, beforehand. I didn't, and it took me a while to work out what was going on. But I must say that once I got into it, City of Dust made for compulsive reading. I kept thinking 'I'll just read to the end of the chapter' and then the chapter would end on a massive cliffhanger and I would just have to keep ploughing on!

This book was l
S.E. Anderson
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Great adventure, but for some reason, I didn't connect with the style as much as with the first book. This is a case of "it's not you, it's me," though, since the plot was brilliant and i can see well loved by others.

While with Book of Fire, I breezed through the pages, eager to know what happens next, with City of Dust I couldn't binge read because the writing was a little overly dense. Usually I don't pick up on this with books, but there was an overabundance of adverbs that made it hard to s
Lorraine Ambers
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of YA dystopian fantasy then this novel is for you, It’s a well-written read that is similar to The Hunger Games and The Mazerunner.

Author Michelle Kenney is a fantastic writer who writes beautiful prose and compelling characters. The world building is rich and luscious. Mixing the natural world of Arafel with a post-apocalyptic Exeter where its scientists tinkers with genetic moulding. Here we encounter a tapestry of Roman mythology and a diverse selection of mythical beings.

Wha
Emma
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was very excited to read CITY OF DUST after really enjoying the first novel BOOK OF FIRE. Michelle has an incredible talent for descriptive writing and bringing her characters to life. In this book I particularly got to appreciate and enjoy Eli as a character lot more this time and I was happy to learn more about him. As a fan of Max, I was happy that he took a larger role in this book and he didn't disappoint!
There are so many emotions throughout this book, there was certainly more tears she
S. M.
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful to re-join Tal in the magical undergrowth of Arafel, and to be reacquainted with Max, Eli and other old friends. This vivid, pacey adventure begins one year on from Book of Fire and it left me completely breathless and craving more.
Tal has grown into a more complex, confident heroine, one the reader roots for every step of the journey. A heady mix of history, myth and magic, Kenney has upped the stakes in this novel and the payoff is truly immense.
World-building takes on a new meanin
Blaire Hammond
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
City Of Dust by Michelle Kenney Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

First off, I have reviewed book one. To read that, look for Book Of Fire! I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars, and this one only got better. I cave this one a 4.5 out of 5 stars. The author continued to explore the fantastic world and characters, showcasing her clear talent for writing. The exploration of new elements had me hooked all over again!

I, once again, struggled to put
Krystal-Lee MacRae
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michelle has a way of writing sentences that wrap around your mind and lift you to a whole other world. She did it in Book of Fire, and only improved in City of Dust.
Talia and the gang are back, and we learn that relationships have changed since the last book. I loved the complicated tension between Tal and Max, as well as how the shadow of August still left an echo even when he wasn't there. I was eagerly turning pages hoping to see him again. Talia is a kickass heroine as usual, fighting for
Lesley
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love, love, loved this book and series in general. A great followup to Kenney's first book, City of Dust takes the readers back into the dystopian world, post doomsday Earth. I love the contrast between the two ideologies in the book, which gives young adult readers something to possibly compare real world political and ideological views against. It is written for youth, so the romance is appropriate for that age group, which might be a bit tedious for adult readers. The description level and ...more
James St.
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I read the original Book of Fire and have waited for the follow up. It says for YA but that's not me. I enjoy a story that keeps you enthralled and wants to make you make time to read it. City of Dust delivers again and does just that. Of course, it helps that I'm from the West Country and the local inks are relevant but the writing here is top class and the characters get you.
Well worth the time and I will await the third installment!
Patricia Kenney
Thank you 🙏 thank you for more hours of being able to completely lose yourself into your simply beautifully written story.
A book that takes you time after time into suspense, romance, History and so much more 👍🏻
Esmee
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Once you start reading it you can’t stop. I’m only 11 but it’s a brilliant book with amazing mythical creatures, my mum read it too and she loved it too. So brilliant for all ages!
Nelly
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing a great read !⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Ali
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first in the series. A rollercoaster of emotions and thrills throughout. Honestly could not put this down and can not wait for the next!!!
Sharon Mahy
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A 'can not put down' must read, thoroughly enjoyed from cover to cover - highly recommended
Michaela
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't think that the series could get better, but I have been proved wrong.

I really enjoyed getting to know some of the characters better, with some old favourites returning. Again, this book was very pacey, and I didn't want to put it down - why read a book when you can fly through it instead?

I loved that we got to see the ruins of Exeter in this book, and I know that next time I visit there, I will have the images from this book in my mind.

Looking forward to the next one!
Charlotte Burns
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
City of Dust is a brilliant, fast-paced adventure with some serious twists and shocking betrayals. It kept me to on my toes from start to finish. A perfect sequel.
Shelly
Megan Millin
Feb 18, 2019
Rick
Mar 12, 2019
I’m a firm believer in magic, and that ancient doorways to alternate worlds can still be found if we look hard enough. I’m also a hopeless scribbleaholic and, when left to my own devices, like nothing better than dreaming up new fantasy worlds in the back of a dog-eared notebook. Doctors have said they’re unlikely to find a cure any time soon.

In between scribbling, I love reading, attempting to pl