Start by marking “A Nordic King” as Want to Read:
A Nordic King

A Nordic King

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  4,193 Ratings  ·  641 Reviews
A STANDALONE ROYAL ROMANCE

When I first applied for the job I thought it would be like all the others: working as a nanny for an aristocratic family.
Then I got the job and found out how wrong I was.

Now I’m the new nanny for two adorable little girls who happen to be princesses.

Their father is the widowed King of Denmark.
And my new home? The royal palace in Copenhagen.
Adjust
Published September 21st 2018

Christy
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-five-stars
5 stars!!

photo IMG_1992_zpswlijkh87.png

A Nordic King is my new favorite Karina Halle book (after The Play- my all time favorite)! I am obsessed with this book. Seriously, I loved it so much! It was fun, angsty, sweet, emotional, and sexy. There was nothing I didn’t love about it, an all around perfect read for me!

Aurora is looking for a new job as a nanny. She never in a million years expects to interview to be the nanny for the two little princesses of Denmark. But here she is. She’s even more surprised when she gets the
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"There’s something about the warmth and depth of her eyes that makes it impossible to think. It’s like slipping into a warm bath until you’re so enthralled you wouldn’t even notice if you drowned."

description

I was really looking forward to getting into this one, and although it's around the 2.5 rating - I enjoyed myself in some occasions.

____________

A Nordic King I'm going to keep this review really short.

This is my first Karina Halle book.
I've heard so much about how lovely her writing and her books
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

COVER REVEAL! [le swoon!]

Stand-alone.
Release: 2018
Blurb:
Then I got the job and found out how wrong I was.
Their father is the widowed King of Denmark.
And my new home? The royal palace in Copenhagen.
Adjusting to my new life isn't easy but the hardest part hasn’t been the girls who still grieve over
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

❤❤ 5 snarf snarf stars ❤❤

This is by far my favorite book from Karina, I was lucky enough to beat read it and I can say this book is fantastic.A Nordic King is an addictive,captivating,sweet,sexy and heartwarming story.

description

The relationship between Aksel and Aurora is unique.They didn't start very well since Aksel was a little bit jerk in the beginning but you can understand why.Once they start spending time together they have a great relationship.Th
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Really liked it!

This book was so good. Aksel, the 40 year old, widowed King of Denmark is looking for a nanny for his 2 daughters. In comes Aurora a 26 year old nanny from Australia, who has lived for the past 7 years in Europe. Since the first moment they meet sparks fly between them. He's broody and rude by Aurora is no doormat and gives as much as she gets. I loved that about her! She truly couldn't care less that he is King and I think that's what draws Aksel to her at first. Even though th
Dri ✰
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 “Once upon a dream” STARS ★

“I have a home in your heart and a love that won’t stop bleeding. I need you in my life, you are my life, you are my sun that I’ve waited too many winters for.”

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

Esse é o primeiro contato que tenho com o trabalho da autora e eu gostei bastante desse livro e principalmente da escrita dela.
A princípio eu não estava confiante de que iria gostar, pois esse tipo de enredo de conto de fadas moderno não me atrai muito...
Porém para a minha
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

A NORDIC KING: Is a full length, standalone royal romance novel by Karina Halle.
Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ In this we meet ‘arsehole’ King Aksel from Denmark and Australian nanny Aurora.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Aksel King of Denmark runs a prosperous country at the age of forty and one of the youngest kings in recent history and has tragically become widowed, leaving two precious Princesses aged five and six, without their mother, and hi
Alex ♈
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 TRILLION STARS!!!! I was owned by this romance. An absolutely incredible love story with all the sweet feels. Gah! I’m going to have THE MOST INTENSE BOOK HANGOVER EVER. What a read. You must pick this book up. Also, 100% a standalone. YOU. NEED. THIS. Full review to come.
Ana
Aug 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
Wow Karina Halle has a new book and nobody told me. Y’all ain’t loyal.
Melanie A.
Shelves: kindle
4 STARS!
Love requires bravery.
A sweet, low angst fairy tale with likable main characters, adorable kids, and a pet pig!

The plot is simple: Stoic, widowed king...
It was a tense, cold kind of attractiveness, like his face and body and spirit were forged in steel and you might turn to stone if you looked at him too long.
...hires nice young woman...
"You're full of light and energy and this house has been ensconced in darkness."
...as his daughters' nanny. You can guess the rest. :-)

Sooo
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

description

5 "Once Upon a Dream" Stars!

OH MY GAWD! I think my heart just exploded inside my chest because of this book, THIS BOOK! King Aksel & Aurora are EVERYTHING!

Wearing his guilt like a crown, King Aksel never thought he would ever find his path to redemption until the woman he hired to be the nanny of his two daughters made her mission to light up his dark palace—and his heart.

As everything Karina Halle, the writing was extraordinary—addictive, and the characters unforgettable, Snarf Snarf ♥. Ha
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Free together' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

Hail to the King and his Goddess! Karina simply outdid herself with this one because, my God, what an amazing read I just experienced! The angst, the slow burn, the feels and the intensity of the chemistry between Aurora and Aksel made A Nordic King an absolute must-read, especially if you are a fan of royal romances and Karina Halle's contemporary stories. I do feel like Karina keeps gett
Mandy
King Aksel is a widowed single father of two little girls. His wife passed away two years ago, the people’s beloved queen, but nothing is as it appears and the king has been living with guilt and anger because of their secrets. Aurora is a nanny who loves working with children but she’s no Mary Poppins - she’s sassy, strong willed, smart mouthed and says what’s on her mind. I loved the chemistry between the king and his nanny. Fantastic banter, intense sexual tension and a good amount of humor - ...more
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews

review to come

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

If you want to chat with me about books, find me on Instagram

For more of my reviews:

☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow.. this book is amazing! :D 🐷👑💕
It has been on my to-read list for some time, I've been very excited to read this. I've seen alot of good reviews on this book and I finally got to read it.

I've read a few books by Karina Halle and I just love her books. This book is by far my most favourite now though.

I was hooked straight from the beginning of this story and sometimes when I read a book I find certain parts either slow or boring but with this book I enjoyed it all.

A few parts in this book made
-S♡
Jul 18, 2018 marked it as to-read

★A Nordic King...
A fiery nanny.
A widowed King.
Two adorable princesses.
Forbidden.
Passion.
Tension and steamy angst!

“If you think it’s bad enough falling for your boss, try falling in love with a King.”

I am so ready!

Stacie
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 3/4 "Long live King Aksel" Stars!

This was good! I liked it. There were a couple editing things, but otherwise entertaining with two good main characters I liked and two adorable little girls. Happy reading!
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
This royal romance completely captivated my heart! Aksel and Aurora had the perfectly sexy and romantic fairy tale that I crave as a romance reader.

This book checked so many of my boxes to make it a swoonworthy, heartwarming love story. Aksel is a handsome tortured king consumed by guilt because of the mistakes of his past. As a result he comes off as an angry jerk and is barely tolerable to those around him. Despite this, he always softens when it comes to his two little girls. There is just so
Zairobe25
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
I love it!!!
Amé al King Aksel, amé a Aurora, amé a las niñas, amé a Snarf Snarf. Me gusto mucho esta historia, es dulce y sexy, tiene poco drama y cero angst.
P.D. Estoy enamorada de la portada ❤😍❤
Paula
Sep 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don't read these type of tropes (especially themes with divorced or windowed single fathers) because they are not to my liking, but for some reason I skimmed this one and found my opinion did not change.....

For anyone who cares:

Hero is a bit older then the heroine (I think 14 yrs older?), a widower for two years and celibate. His wife whom he married because he was in love with her, cheated on him with another man and he has guilt feelings over her death - as well as anger issues.

He treats h
Betul
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"She's Aurora. She's my reckoning and savior all at once. She's her namesake, those northern lights that brighten the darkest winter skies."

A Nordic King is the 31st book I read by Karina Halle. After so many books, she still manages to intrigue me with her writing. I can depend on Karina to come up with fun, sexy, and original story-lines/characters. That was also the case with this book. Normally, I don't really care for Royal Romances, however
RentasticReads
“I am a king. And I belong to you in ways I never thought possible. More than I belong to my country, more than I belong to the people, I belong to you.”

Oh my god, THIS BOOK!!! You’re absolutely going to want to read this. It’s breathtakingly sweet and emotional, refreshing and riveting, funny and forbidden—basically every single spine-tingling goodness you’ll ever want in a juicy and epic royal romance! And not only that, it was also bursting with so much cuteness!

I’m a king with a palace
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
AVAILABLE NOW- FULL REVIEW

5 Goddess CROWNS

Ahh!! Returning to this world has just been everything. The Swedish Prince, The Wild Heir, and now A Nordic King (all stand-alone a), top my list of favorite Karina Halle books. The heart behind these characters, to royal romances that are steamy and heartfelt have made them must reads.

King Aksel has been that secondary character in the previous books that has been stoic, but in his book we get to see the man behind the crown. We learn about the death
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
 photo CA4C8C14-AD68-4E66-A211-2798F2C04827.jpg

Karina Halle's royals are like none I've read before. A Nordic King is a complete standalone with no appearances from previous story characters. You can start here, or with The Swedish Price, or The Wild Heir and you're good to go!

Aurora James is an Australian in Europe living life as a nanny to wealthy families. She's between jobs when she gets a call to apply for a secretive charge. Two adorable girls without a mother in the Danish royal palace. What could happen?

"She gave me life again when
maggieandteddy
This is a standalone, dual 1st person POV.
Aurora is Aussie, is a nanny & gets placed with the Danish royal family. King Aksel is a widower with 2 adorable little girls. There's some sorted pasts to deal with both Aurora and King Aksel.
Aksel's wife died in an auto accident 3 years prior. The reader is let in on what happened but King Aksel has kept the secret to himself- and from the public-so far.
There's great chemistry between them. Aurora's not the perfect nanny, but she's just what the
Denisa
meh

Wow, a book with 4.2 rating and all my friends loved it! Must be awesome! And ah, awesome it was.

I have to give it that, the writing style was decent (first time reading this author too). And it wasn't bad for about, oh, say 55%. Then it became boring and annoying and, of course, the characters became a bit too idiotic.

Dunno why so many people loved it. Yes, he's a kind and she's the nanny. So what? Is that all it takes to make a book good?

If you do decide to try it, good luck and hope you en
Shayna
“How can I keep you forever?”

Another KNOCK-OUT royal romance from one of the BEST writers in the business! She made our hearts melt with The Swedish Prince, enticed and teased our souls with The Wild Heir, and finally…shattered and mended our whole being with A Nordic King. You are not going to know what to do with yourself once you meet King Aksel. You will hate him. Your heart will break for him. Your soul will cry out for him. In the end you will fall harder than you’ve ever fallen before f
Maria Alejandra
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ligero, entretenido, y "hot" 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Justo lo que necesitaba. I love it!
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more
“Look at you,” he whispers harshly, gaze roaming all over my face from my eyes to my nose to my temple to my lips.
“Me?”
He gives a faint shake of his head. “What a rare and beautiful thing you are.”
4 likes
“I am a king. And I belong to you in ways I never thought possible. More than I belong to my people, more than I belong to the people, I belong to you.” 4 likes