Start by marking “Tangled in His Embrace” as Want to Read:

Tangled in His Embrace

Jax Brooks has made a lot of mistakes in his life, but the only one he regrets is when he walked away from Gabby and their newborn daughter. Now he's back in St. Louis and he's determined to make things right. No matter what it takes.

Having Jax in her life again is both a blessing and a curse for Gabby Lewis. He's gone out of his way to spend time with their daughter, bu
Published July 26th 2018 by Sherri Hayes

To ask other readers questions about Tangled in His Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled in His Embrace

Start your review of Tangled in His Embrace
Heroesinbooks
3 Jax and Gabby Stars

This short and sweet second chance romance was an enjoyable read but I have not read the previous standalone books in the series and whilst this one can be read by itself, it might have given this story a bit more substance if I had been more familiar with the background characters and this couple's history. But that is on me and not the author.

Jax walked away from his partner and two month old baby girl with no explanation, leaving Gabby to bring up their little girl, Tayl
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a good second chance romance. Gabby is raising her daughter and then Jax comes back into their lives. Gabby soon learns that Jax had his reasons for leaving and they weren't what she thought. Luckily she gave him another shot and they were able to get another chance at happiness. ...more
Rhonda
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Jax left Gabby 3 years ago, she was heartbroken but she carried on because she had to take care of their daughter. Now Jax is back and wants another chance. When she finds out why he left, will she change her mind? This was a beautifully written book and I was thrilled to get Jax and Gabby's story. It's not what you think so you really need to pick it up and see for yourself. ...more
Donna
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gabrielle (Gabby) single mother of a three-year-old girl, a romance writer, and a very vulnerable woman. Jackson (Jax) was the father. He left them when the baby was two months old, he just disappeared. Now, he is back after three years, plus he wants a second chance. Should she give him what he wants and will she ever forgive him? The book is entertaining from first word to last word. Some rather hot scenes but not really graphic. You should buy the book and see what she does. I think you will ...more
Lady Elizabeth
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jax made some incredibly stupid decisions in his life and the biggest one was leaving his wife and daughter. I don't agree with his actions but his train of thoughts... I can understand.

Gabby is a great single mother that works hard to provide for her 3 year's old daughter Taylor after her husband left them out of the blue. I can appreciate her as a good mother, a good woman, and a great main character.

Jax came back to be in his daughter's life and wants to be back with his wife too, the problem
Saskia
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This book takes place in the Serpent Kiss world, but it can be read as a standalone without problems. It is the story of Gabby, she is Grace´s sister, who we have met in Longing for his Kiss.

This is a story about second chances and forgiveness. I loved the dynamic between Gabby, Jax and their little girl. It was very sweet to see the relationship between Jax and Taylor.

It is a shorter book then the others, so that makes for a quick, sweet and romantic read.

But I have to admit that I missed th
Dawn Herrera
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Tangled in his Embrace by Sherri Hayes was an incredible story, it was full of emotions, you could go from smiling to wiping a tear away in just a few moments. This was a story with plenty of ups and downs, it had its share of drama, second chances and some interesting characters. The characters are strong, caring maybe a bit vulnerable. This is Jax and Gabby’s story. Jax is back and wants to claim what is his but Gabby is just a bit shy on what she wants and what is best for her. The book keeps ...more
Lynda Custer
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tangled in His Embrace
How does one handle betrayal? Left alone to raise her new born daughter, Gabby needs to deal with Jax’s return and involvement with their daughter. Not only that, but Gabby needs to deal with her feelings for Jax and his apparent feelings for her. When is it okay to give a second chance? Will Jax leave her again to pick up the pieces of her and her daughters lives?
This a beautifully written sensitive romantic story. Sherri Hayes is known as an author who writes Sensual Roma
Deanne Taylor
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, it was a story of hope, loss and what happens when you don't communicate.
Jax messed up big time but he had his heart in the right place anyway. At first I was on the fence about him but when he finally started to talk to Gabby I had to feel for him. I also see her side and completely relate to why she held him at arms length for so long.

This was a great read, it was just right, moved fast but the building blocks to their relationship were already there, they just needed to ma
JENNIFER MCCARTHY
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoy a second chance romance. Jax and Gabby have been apart for 3 years, but they have an almost 4 year old daughter. He left them out out of the blue and she had no idea why. Now he is back and finally ready to explain his disappearance. They had good chemistry. Once Jax revealed his leaving they quickly jumped back into a physical relationship. I felt everything moved a little fast, but when the heart knows what it wants you go with it... I would still like to know why it took him 3 years t ...more
Amy Johnson
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed "Tangled in His Embrace" by Sherri Hayes. I received a complementary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review - but I would have gladly paid full price. This book was a very enjoyable read with the a great story line that was well written with well rounded characters that were engaging and pulled me right in from the very first page! I love the second chance at love stories and this one doesn't disappoint. Can't go wrong with this author. Great addition to your book co ...more
Gladys
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It is a complex second chance romance that offers plenty of angst and emotional turmoil. I liked the chemistry between Gabby and Jax. I would have loved a more in depth look and a few more details about Jax and what he went through while gone. Also,for me I felt all was forgiven a little too quickly. In all though an entertaining and emotional read. This is my honest, voluntary review.
Martha Lindblom
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a wonderful book. When Jax left Gabby three years ago, she did think she woild ever see him again and then he shows back up wanting to be part of her and Taylor’s life. He did tell her why he left three years ago and that he would like another chance to make it up to her. Gabby did give him another chance as long as he promised not to ever leave them again. The book is about their ups and downs trying to make this all work out. Beautifully written and is an HEA. Enjoy reading.
Nina Derr
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gabby and Jax have reunited in Tangled in His Embrace to co-parent after being apart for three years. Jax wants the relationship to continue but he doesn't know if Gabby will want him back after what he did, or why he did it. I like Jax's determination on getting Gabby back and Gabby's strength after raising a baby alone. I'm not sure if this is part of a series but I did feel like I was missing some information about the other characters. ...more
Lilly
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is about given a second chance. Jax walked out on Gabby and his baby daughter because he thought he was doing the right thing. After three years Jax and Gabby realizes their feelings for each other is always there. In any relationships it’s take both parties to make it work and to fight for their love and happiness. I enjoyed the book very much.

I voluntarily received an advance copy of this book for an honest review.
Misty Goan
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written second chance romance story that is in dual POV'S from the main characters. You get to find out what broke Jax and Gabby apart 3 years prior. It is a story of hope and loss and what happens when you lack communication.  You go thru their ups and downs as they are trying to make things work out. I really enjoyed this quick and sweet romance that includes relatable characters with the right amount of sexiness and romance to a HEA ending.  I voluntarily reviewed this ARC. ...more
Judith Grey
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I need more?!!!

Sherry's books are always so beautifully written that sometimes the story feels too short, and that's when you know the book is good. True love and learn how to trust the person you love with a little bit of sexiness that makes you hide your Kindle when someone walks behind got your of feeling lol.. That's how good get books are
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-edits
A short, sweet spinoff story featuring Grace’s sister, Gabby, and her estranged husband, Jax. This is a story of second chances, and I had no problem with the way Jax worked hard to reunite his family. Unlike the rest of the series, this couple has no links with the Serpent’s Kiss club, so there’s nothing kinky here.
Julie Healey
***Received copy from author in exchange for an honest review free of spoilers***

A beautiful second chance story that will capture your heart. Jax and Gabby’s story is a rollercoaster of emotions but so worth the ride. Another smashing hit by Sherri Hayes.
Amanda Ake-Myers
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this story!!

I throughly loved this story!! The characters were drawn back together. You see the trust built back between the two. Second chances are sometimes the best chances. The whole series is great!! Would recommend.

P.S. Could have been longer!! Loved it!
Andi
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m so glad to have Gabby’s story. I was very curious as to what had happened with her & Jax. I’m glad they mystery of his leaving was revealed. I realize she was extremely hurt, but I wished there was more written about Gabby’s concern for him & his health now.
Pat
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a very enjoyable read with the great storyline that was well written and the well rounded characters that pulled me right in from the very first page! This second chance romance had me totally glued to my kindle as the relationship between Gabby and Jax came to life!
Kori Dicken
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great second chance love story. Jax and Gabby have been seperated for three years, but the heat and chemistry are still there. Once Gabby finds out why Jax left her and their daughter for three years, can she forgive him and move forward??? Great story line with some pretty steamy bedroom scenes!
Hanna Ali
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! another awesome read. Reading this story was such a pleasure and made me smile so much. I love Jax and Gabby together and how perfect they are together and how much they love each other even after what happened between them. Love conquered all! ❤❤
Tiffany
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Quick read.
Sparklin
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story which I enjoyed immensely. It's a short story with a great character and storyline, Jax and Gabby. ...more
Jodia-Ann
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and it was a lovely, heartfelt read but I found it difficult to connect to the characters.
3 solid stars. Fair second chance love story. Predictable thou.
Sharon
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read in epub format on my Nook.
Vanessa
Jul 02, 2019

• Stealing the Bride
  • Bossy Grump
  • Can't Make This Up
  • Flirting with the Rock Star Next Door
  • Tempted Beyond Relief (Far Too Tempting, #2)
  • Off the Cuff
  • The Strong Brothers: A Contemporary Romance Series Box Set
  • Office Romances: A Romance Collection
  • Untangle My Heart: Book # 2 The Hunter Brothers
  • Reckless Entanglement (The Hunter Brothers #1)
  • Dirty Wedding
  • To Have & To Hoax: A Fake Fiancé Romantic Comedy (Billionaires Down Under)
  • Forbidden Touch: A Best Friends To Lovers Romance.
  • Runaway Groom
  • Breaking Up with My Boss (Love You Forever #4)
  • Undeniable Lust (Billionaire Romance in Manhattan #2)
  • (Not) The Boss of Me
  • Irish Alpha Dragons: Irish Dragon Shifter Boxset
Sherri spent most of her childhood detesting English class. It was one of her least favorite subjects because she never seemed to fit into the standard mold. She wasn't good at spelling, or following grammar rules, and outlines made her head spin. For that reason, Sherri never imagined becoming an author.
At the age of thirty, all of that changed. After getting frustrated with the direction a telev

News & Interviews