Start by marking “Hard Hand” as Want to Read:
Hard Hand

Hard Hand

Having spent too many years living a life of deception, former undercover agent Cole Stewart demands one thing from his relationships—complete honesty.

Masked in mystery and draped in decadence, Avery Fisher has the courage to be with a man as dangerous and sexy as him.

Cole would know the seductive and vulnerable Avery no matter how clever her disguise. But he will demand
Published July 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hard Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Hand

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

When Avery Fisher runs into the Dom of her fantasies, Cole Stewart, at her Great-aunt's birthday party, she finds the courage to spend the night with him since she is masked. But Cole , who knows exactly who she is, demands honesty in his relationships. When the night they spend together shows them that their kinks match perfectly, they have to make a decision-try to make a relationship happen or let it go.

I really liked both main characters. Avery was a strong woman, but a bad relationship with
Erin Lewis
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Hard Hand by Sierra Cartwright
Loved this quick and hot novella from Sierra Cartwright. Cole Stewart is a former agent, a seriously Alpha Dominant who hates deception.Avery Fisher is a submissive without a Dom and badly needs to be taken in hand.
Six months ago she tried to get her courage up to ask Cole to dominate her but chickened out at the last minute. Now here he is attending a masquerade party for her great aunt. Is this fate? Can she find the courage to approach him?
Cole was
Jenn
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story opens with a Saints and Sinners Masquerade. Avery, a submissive, has admired Cole from afar, always afraid to approach him, to ask for what she needs. The mask that she is wearing gives her the courage to approach him, giving her anonymity (or so she thinks) to finally go after what she wants. And what she wants is Cole. Cole senses her deception, but allows it to play out to get to the heart of what Avery needs- to stand up for herself and ask for what she wants. Cole forces her to re ...more
Martel
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I actually had to skip the sex scenes to finish the story... very short read indeed ;)
OK. I have to avoid BDSM. I know it. Now I have to stick to it.
Linda Dunn
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Veiled Emotions

Former Agent Cole Stewart is an alpha dominant who is skilled to pick up on any deceptive behavior with a person from the get go. Avery Fisher is such a person. He first met Avery months ago. She caught his attention with just a glance and he has been intriqued ever since. Cole sees her again at a party, but she is camouflaged with a party mask, but he knows its Avery right away. Avery is capitated with Cole and heard he has quite a reputation as a Dom.

Avery has been disappointed
April Symes
The story starts with a Saints and Sinners Masquerade. Avery is a submissive who has lusted after Cole from afar, always afraid to approach him, to ask for what she needs. Former Agent Cole Stewart is an super strong alpha dominant who is skilled to pick up on any deceptive behavior with a person from the start. Avery is one of those people and he has noticed her for a while but because she out of a bad relationship about like him, he didn’t approach. Finally these two are free and able to focus ...more
Aimz
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW.... I read Hard Hand by Sierra Cartwright and fell in love with Cole and Avery. It's amazing how just hiding behind a mask can bring courage you may otherwise not have. She knew Cole from Colorado which she left 6 months ago as they had been at some of the same BDSM parties. She is now living in Las Vegas working with her great-aunt and she spots Cole from across the room. Now with anonymity she has the courage to approach Cole for one night. The question is will it happen at all, will it be ...more
Debbie Watson
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like dominant alpha heroes and sassy heroines you definitely want to read this book. Make sure you have the ice water handy. A terrific steamy book.
Rhonda
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Avery tries to hid who she is and what she needs from Cole, she discovers how much she has underestimated him. Cole knows who Avery is but will she reveal herself and her desires to him fully? This was a quick read but a very HOT story. Started it and couldn't put it down!
Gwendolyn
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hard Hand is about two people that have had issues with past relationships. One who has a more healthy approach and is willing to try again as long as there are trust and honesty and all cards are laid on the table! The other was so traumatized that they know what they want but are afraid to ask for it and when they do get it they run from it. Too afraid to ask for what they want and need. Avery Fisher is a sub who is desperately wanting the dominance of a no-nonsense Dom and Cole Stewart is the ...more
Tanja
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
as simple as this - Sierra writes a book in a manner "going balls to the walls" and she gives it to you GOOD !!!!
when you have a mask on, you become daring and you go after what you want. That is what Avery did when she saw Cole, a Dome who she had a eye on for some time but never dared to approach - its just not what you do as a good sub. Feeling brave behind her mask she goes after she wants and for one night she becomes this female that is daring, but Cole is a man you can't fool and he does
Amber Jones
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful little novella to read. I just absolutely loved this sexy smitten bdsm filled book. Such a teaser too I was expecting more and more chapters filled with more things to come from these two characters.

Having gone through a frustrating relationship with a judgmental dom Avery has some double reactions to the dom Cole that she met years prior to seeing him again at her aunts masquerade.

Cole knows what he wants and he knows avery immediately even though she uses a fake name with him
Brandy
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cole is an dominant who knows what he wants and how to get it. Avery is a sub with trust issues due to the way her last dom treated her. She’s afraid of what she wants and thinks that it’s too much to ask for.

Cole and Avery have met before but Avery didn’t have the nerve to go up to him. She gets a second chance at her aunts masquerade birthday party. Wearing a mask gives her the courage to go after what she wants and Cole is what she wants. Little does she know that Cole already knew who she w
Melanie Marnell
Intense

Wow! Intense is the word that comes to mind for this book. Need, is another. Avery's need to dominated and Cole's need to dominate practically leap off the page. Sierra Cartwright combines eroticism, sensuality and romance into thoroughly enjoyable reading experiences.

What is it about guys named Cole? The name evokes strength and sexiness and Cole Stewart lives up his name. His mastery over Avery is stunning. Although hiding behind the mask and a fake name gives Avery the courage to ask
Martha
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Are you ready for one HOT ride? Sierra Cartwright did not disappoint and will give you such an amazing story, as she always does.

Have you ever met someone at the wrong time and wrong place in your life? That is essentially what happens with Avery and Cole... BUT, as the saying goes.. When one door closes another opens..

Avery is definitely a submissive awaiting her perfect Dom. She has admired Cole from afar for a while.. He has also had his eye on her.. There is definitely an instant attraction
Dar
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, 5-star-reads
Sometimes the timing is just off. That is what happened with Cole and Avery, when they first noticed each other, she was fresh out of a relationship that left her shaken, and he was trying to get out of relationship that wasn't working. Then there was a missed opportunity, before finally, under the cover of a party mask, Avery feels she can act on her impulses and approach Cole

Cole knows who she is, but plays along, figuring she must have a reason. Then hotness, and compatibility, and sexiness,
Annette
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Avery has watched Cole from afar before at another BDSM party but never had the courage to approach him. She spots him again at her Aunt’s masquerade birthday party and has the courage to seek him out while she wears a mask. He won’t know who she is. Cole immediately knows who she is though but doesn’t let on he does. Let the fireworks commence!!

Ms. Cartwright knows how to write hot, steamy BDSM and Hard Hand does not disappoint. This was a novella so the action moves along quickly. It also qui
Carole Stewart
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hard Hand was a fabulous read. Cole Stewart was a great alpha - one who was comfortable and confident in his skin and skills, yet also tender. He was all around yummy! My favorite character was Ms Scarlet and I can only hope to be as spunky when I reach 80. Thank you Sierra for this book!
Chris
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always, Sierra Cartwright does not disappoint in Hard Hand! I hope you take the time to read this quick novella filled with characters that light the pages on fire with their smoking hot chemistry!
Avery wants a Dom. But not just any Dom, she wants Cole even if it is for only one night. Cole has wanted Avery from the first time he saw her and now he has his chance but she doesn’t want him to know who she really is. After that one night, however, Avery realizes that she has to come clean about
Mayas
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is I want a man like Cole but I want to be the one with the cane. He was understanding, rewarding, a giver, and just IT. He allowed Avery her space and secrecy until flashes from his passed made he not settle for nothing but honesty. Fun is one thing but then the chemistry and intensity is there, all mask are off.

This was a great novella that proved how the right connection can rid you of many doubts and uncertainties.
Greyling54
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Nice bit of a story, typically lovely Sierra Cartwright.
Cassandra Caress
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!!! It should have been only one night without regrets, hiding behind the mask for Avery. But Master Cole wouldn’t be so highly complimented as a Dom for nothing. He sees right behind the facade and yet he can’t resist the charm and natural submission given to him. It leaves you breathless and squirming and needy!

Sierra Cartwright knows how to write BDSM and this would be a great start to her work, if you haven’t read her yet. I always crave more of her work!

*****ARC provided by the author
Theresa
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, Sir! After reading this book, that's all I'd be saying to Cole. Avery, feeling lost and uncentered, is in dire need of dominance. After feeling lukewarm since her most recent breakup, she meets Cole--a Dom--at her aunt's birthday party. Although having seen one another at previous engagements, they've never been formally introduced. Immediately drawn to each other, Cole approaches Avery, and makes her an offer.

This novella packs a lot of story without feeling crowded or overwhelming. You ge
Samm Lynn
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short but enjoyable. I was hoping for more story but with the length that it is, the story that is told is complete even if it is mainly a smoking hot trust building exercise between Cole and Avery. Cole shows that he is truly the Dom of her dreams, if only she can put aside her past and follow her heart. Miss Scarlett is an fantastic character and really brings life to the story with her flamboyant ways and sage opinions (never advice!). I did get the feeling that I should have known Cole and A ...more
Kathryn
I wanted more. More of everything.

I truly enjoyed this quick story. The characters were true to life and they resonated. Being from Las Vegas, I loved all the glitz and glamour surrounding the birthday party. Not having read any of the other stories that might have introduced me to Cole I really didn't feel lost, nor did I feel that I had missed out on anything affecting this story. It did make me want to go get more of the series stories either before, or coming after. Well done story.
Lekeisha
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Both Cole and Avery have good reason to be leery of relationships. They spend a hot night together and then have to decide if they are willing to let down their walls and to again give their trust to another person.
This was a short, quick and enjoyable story.
Lisa Howell
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is the first, most eloquent word, I can think of when describing this book. I went into this book blind… I hadn’t read excerpts, blurbs, anything about this book, and I am so glad I did! Avery and Cole are burn up the pages HOT! And Miss Scarlett is who I want to be when I grow up.

Avery is a sub, without a Dom. She had see Cole a couple of other times, but didn’t have the courage to approach him. A masquerade birthday party affords her the opportunity to assume a different persona, an
Mary Silvestri
5 Stars

Sierra Cartwright never disappoints. Her stories are always flawless and a pleasure to read. I always look forward to her book.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cole and Avery were hot together, it seemed they brought out the best in each other and the other loved it all. It was a quick, fast paced story that held my attention from page 1. 4.5 stars
Amy M
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Have you ever wanted someone so badly, but you just aren't brave enough? Avery has longed for Cole from afar. He's the Dom of her dreams.

At her aunt's saints and sinners birthday party, her mask finally gives Avery enough of a boost to finally go after what she wants.... Master Cole. Cole knows exactly who she is, even behind the mask but he's willing to let her have her anonymity.

One night is all she wants, but she quickly finds out that one night is not enough. Will she finally become brave
Sierra is a USA Today, International Best-Selling author who wrote her first book at age nine and hasn't stopped since.
Sierra invites you to share the complex journey of love and desire, of surrender and commitment.
Her own journey has taught her that trusting takes guts and courage, and her work is a celebration for everyone who is willing to take that risk.