Start by marking “Break My Fall (The Breaking Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Break My Fall (The Breaking Trilogy, #1)

Break My Fall

(The Breaking Trilogy #1)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  275 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
"The first time I returned to Lancaster was for my brother's funeral.
The second time was for Myra."

For twelve years, I lived alone in my cabin, building a life with my two bare hands. I was free from their rules, their policies, and their lies.
They are a cult.
My father is their leader.
To protect my brother's widow, I'm making her my wife. It's her only way out.
But dr
Published August 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Break My Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Break My Fall

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

BREAK MY FALL: Is a full length romance novel in M. Mabie’s ‘The Breaking Trilogy' series. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

Abraham aka Abe left all his cult family behind years ago due to not believing in their religious way of living which his father is the leader of many years ago, never thinking he’d ever step foot on his home soil again until one phone call from his mother who he still talks to changed everythin
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I'm going to go ahead and review this.

I know, I know it's been a while. I even doubt anyone is reading this. Well, anyone but M.Mabie.
Although, that's also questionable. But if you are reading this, Ms, Mabie, I have one thing to say. You rock!

I'll be honest I picked up the novel because I liked the model and I've stared at numerous shots of him in the past while one of my clients was thinking about using him for their cover lol And I went in blind, as per usual.

No, I swear - I never read blu
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Break My Fall took me by complete surprise. I was expecting a dark, sexy thriller with some sweet moments thrown in and imagine my surprise when I quickly learned that this will not be it. Was I disappointed? A little bit. But the storyline turned out to be something so strong and alluring that you had no choice but fall under the spell and get completely swept away. This…was the unexpected and it worked!!

Abraham has spent the past decade living another life from the one that was forced upon
Wil Loves Books!
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites, on-kindle
“How had this happened? How was it that I didn’t even know I was missing anything in my life until she came into it”

Oh wow! What did I just read? This was so unexpectedly good. Simply amazing. Definitely one of my Top Reads this year. Way to go M. Mabie.

“Abraham is my band holder.”

Ever since this was announced I was so intrigued and I wanted to read it so bad. And it definitely did not disappoint. Break My Fall is so freaking original, and intriguing and I was so hooked from beginning to end
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Talon
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Pray on it, Myra."

I am saying this much more than I typically do but here goes: I really liked this book and that took me by surprise because I wasn't sure if it would be my "forte" or not. But silly me, I should have known that M. Mabie would write this book so diligently that it would capture the hearts of every one that picks it up so easily. And that's what it did for me. Snuck right on in and stole my heart.

I am extremely pleased with the character building that has been developed in this
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
3,5
Adoro a escrita da M. Mabie e nesse livro ela também não me decepcionou. Break My Fall é um livro gostoso de ler e o argumento é bem interessante, abordando religião, submissão e descobertas.

"Because I knew what it was like to be forced into something I didn’t want. Because it was possible to leave – and survive and I wondered if she realised that."

Myra vive em uma comunidade religiosa na qual mulheres servem a Deus, procriam e se submetem às determinações dos homens do local. Recentemente vi
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This story had me in it’s grip from the first chapter. Stories that involves cults/communes completely fascinate me and M Mabie did a fantastic job with this really interesting tale.

Myra is a newlywed widow, she was married several weeks ago to Jacob but he has since passed away. They live in the non-secular town of Lancaster. In this alternative reality, men make all the rules and women are merely their submissive, baby producing companions. She has no idea what is to become of her life now but
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font_rend_3

Break My Fall by M. Mabie is a slow burn emotional love story that will take you by surprise. The blurb pretty much gives you an idea of what to expect but what will captivate you is the beauty and poetic prose of Mabie’s words. She allows readers to feel the push and pull of Abe and Myra’s complicated love story. While this book is driven by angst and religious/cult undertones, Mabie allows you to feel how far one goes for love, longing, f
The Book Bee
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"There was beauty in her inexperience, in the slow way she went about discovering me."

As I try to come up with some words to describe this book, I'm going to be very careful not to cuss out Ms. Mabie because she left me on a huge cliffie - until October no less!! But what a gooooood cliffie it was!! I never saw that coming - even though I knew it was a trilogy, I just wasn't sure how she was going to bait me. OMGosh....I'll slowly crumble while I wait for this next one though.
Shayna
“There was beauty in her inexperience, in the slow way she went about discovering me. Timid, yes. But so damn sweet. So good.”

I have some anxiety when I’m about to begin a trilogy. I have high expectations for these because they have to capture my attention, and keep it, beginning to end, if I’m going to invest my heart in soul in the characters and their journey. So while I was in fact, a little leery about starting M. Mabie’s Break My Fall, book one in The Breaking Trilogy, it turns out I ha
Marjorie  W.
Panty Scorching 3
Overall Rating 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Lindsey

WOW! M Mabie books always take my by surprise. I'm not sure why because every one of them always ends up being amazing. This one was no different. This was a completely different story than what I thought it was going to be. Definitely not disappointed by any means. But I was surprised. And it didn't take me long at all to become completely taken by the story and characters.

Myra is
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Gripping. Unique. Enthralling. Unforgettable.

Those are just a few of the words that instantly come to mind when I think about Break My Fall by M. Mabie. As I sit here thinking about this book there are so many other positive adjectives that come to mind when I think of this story and what M. Mabie created within it. Raw, intensely real, and authentic. Emotional and all-feeling in every way. Exceptionally written and crafted through every page. Life changing, heart gripping, and utterly magnific
Chele'
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I. AM. RIVETED. SHOOKETH and clutching my pearls!!! WOW! WOW! WOW!

The first thing I need to say is how freaking impressed I am with Mo right now. I have been reading her for years, I love her stories but this was something completely different. She took risks. Wrote outside of the box and it paid off in spades. This is a uniquely phenomenal story.

Abe (Abraham) is this big, brawny, tough and strong man who's left everything he's known behind. His family and where he grew up is not an okay place
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5-4 stars

description

Mary at USAT's HEA
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Break My Fall is my first time reading M. Mabie, and my eyes were GLUED to the page from the moment that I opened the book. This story is absolutely riveting and utterly unique. M. Mabie gives the marriage of convenience trope new life and has laid the foundation for an epic love story. You NEED to read this romance. I’m dying for the next book.

ARC provided, but this review was voluntarily and honestly written.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, sonal, 2018-reads
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

It doesn't comes off as a surprise when I finish a book by M.Mabie (in under an hour and a bit, I might add) and it just blows my mind. She's that kind of author for me. With incredible talent and an amazing ability to build these angst-packed, totally involving stories.

Break My Fall couldn't be different. It completely engaged me from the start and I simply didn't want it to end. It was a joy to read it.

The plotline is completely uniqu
Keri Nix
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2018
This book ends in a CLIFFHANGER! 😣😤😠

There was no mention of a Cliffhanger in the blurb. To be completely honest this book was pretty boring. Watching paint dry boring. I understand it was suppose to be a slow burn, but this felt more like a quick Novella to understand where the characters are coming from then a full length novel. The last 25% finally got a bit
interesting, but I was left completely unsatisfied. I hate to say it, but this story was just not for me.
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Rating: 4.5 stars

WHAT IS THIS SLOW-BURN, CLIFFHANGER BUSINESS?!

Ok, strong reaction to that ending... But I mean, that's a good thing, right? Because I was soooooo into this story, and then it all went up in flames in the last few pages. Now I can't get into anything new because all I can think about is what's going to happen next. I need the next two books immediately.

Let's back it up, shall we? This is a story about Abraham and Myra. Both come from a town called Lancaster, where Abraham's fathe
Ash.loveofbooks
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was really good! A refreshing storyline that made me unable to put this book down. After that ending I need book 2 ASAP.
Liz
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review to come.
Carlotta
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5
Diary Of Book Fiend
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Abe was a loner and had been for a long time now, since leaving Lancaster years before. He never wanted to go back. But after a phone call he has too. His brother had passed away.

-I hadn't spoken to my brother in years, but when I left home with no plans to return, I just assumed things would stay how I left them. They'd cling to their Bibles and bands and keep living their own, warped version of reality. -
I belonged alone. In the woods with tools in my hands. I belonged in the quiet company of
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Who’s Saving Who Stars!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

I’m absolutely in love with this first book in the new trilogy by Ms. Mabie. This story is one that I’ve not experienced before because of it’s subject matter and the fact that I can actually picture every single scene in this book because I live near a town that follows this type of population.

I’m so impressed with the amount of details that Ms. Mabie has given us and the accuracy of them shows she really did her research in writing this story
Elizabeth Thiele
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a good surprise of a book by M. Mabie!! I truly enjoyed the different subject with the slow burn romance in this book.

Abe & Myra are from the same cult, but Abe got out and now Myra is out, but under different circumstances than when Abe left. I loved the fact that Abe understood Myra and was patient with her. He never pushed her and he was so in tune with her that he could tell when something was uncomfortable for her or when she was happy and I loved that about Abe.

Myra was an eni
Sue's Romance Reviews
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Break My Fall by M. Mabie is a captivating story that I just can’t get enough of.

Abe is a hard working, honest and reliable man who escaped the clutches of his cult years ago.

Upon his return to that sect for his brother’s funeral, he meets his brother’s widow, Myra.

Myra is kind, caring and meek. She has been groomed and oppressed by her cult to have the men make decisions for her.

Upon her husband’s death, she starts to question her life and what will happen to her.

When Abe proposes an out via ma
Tyi
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author isn't new to me but it is the first time I've read their work. There is always something that makes me read a certain book. With Break My Fall, it was cult aspect. I wanted to see how the characters would interacted, how the characters would change over time, and what role the cult played in their lives. This isn't my first time reading a book, which had a cult aspect (i.e. Lily White's Illusions Duet and Celia Aaron's The Cloister series).

The storyline in Break My Fall isn't dark. T
Value 4
Storyline 5
Panty Scorching 3
Overall Rating 4

WOW! M Mabie books always take my by surprise. Im not sure why because every one of them always ends up being amazing. This one no different. This was a completely different story than what I thought it was going to be. Definitely not disappointed by any means. But I was surprised. And it didn't take me long at all to become completely taken by the story and characters.

Myra is a woman who is not versed well in mainstream society.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
M. Mabie lives in Illinois with her husband. She writes unconventional love stories and tries to embody "real-life romance."

She cares about politics, but will not discuss them in public. She uses the same fork at every meal, watches Wayne's World while cleaning, and lets her dog sleep on her head. She has always been a writer. In fact, she was born with a pen in her hand, which almost never happen

The Breaking Trilogy (2 books)
  • Break Me Down (The Breaking Trilogy, #2)