Start by marking “The Adventures of Wilhelm, A Rat’s Tale” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Wilhelm, A Rat’s Tale

The Adventures of Wilhelm, A Rat’s Tale

Young Wilhelm leaves home and travels the world. He not only discovers the value of different cultures and the importance of family and friendship, but he also overcomes obstacles with courage and cleverness. He returns home with deep respect for all creatures on this earth and a new sense of rat identity and purpose.
Published August 31st 2018 by PartnerPress

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Wilhelm, A Rat’s Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Wilhelm, A Rat’s Tale

Start your review of The Adventures of Wilhelm, A Rat’s Tale
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

The Adventure of Wilhelm was anthropomorphic story of travel and adventure, discovering various cultures, food and people with deeper understanding of ways of life from a rat’s perspective. It also told about family, friendship, individual growth and knowledge and helping community to lead better life.

As Wilhelm (Wil) traveled from his home in California to China, Sweden, Germany, France and Italy, he explored famous places, tasted di
Amy
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Adventures of Wilhelm, A Rat’s Tale is a cute little story by Maria Ritter. Wilhelm decides to leave his home in California and discover other areas of the globe. He learns more about others and educates himself on their way of life. These adventures make him conquer his fears, anxiety and realize what is most important thing is in life.
I enjoyed the delightful and inspiring The Adventures of Wilhelm, A Rat’s Tale. I love the lessons young readers to learn from. Such as, it really is okay t
Betty
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Travel teaches you to be a proud rat.
You discover different cultures,
You taste different foods,
You explore a wide variety of garbage,
And you learn how to live together
With other creatures on this earth.”
- Wilhelm, the Rat

Like his great- great- great-uncle Wilhelm von Schnitzelhausen, young Wilhelm is feeling the need to venture out and see the world.

A fun and educational story for children, it is sure to delight many a child. As Wil leaves his home in California and seeks adventures in China, F
Lana
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
This is a cute story of a wanderlust rat named Wilhelm and his worldly experiences. He leaves the comforts of his family’s San Diego home in search of adventure. He visits the Great Wall of China, visits Germany in search of distant relatives during the Oktoberfest, tours the Coliseum in Rome, and many more stops while tasting all types of food and utilizing just about every mode of transportation available.
While I do think this book makes a delightful educational story for a young reader, for m
Cat
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think adventure/travel stories are fun and think many children will enjoy them, even inspire them. This tale of a world traveling young rat was enjoyable! I like the way he was encouraged by his parents to go off and explore and his dad even gave him advice on how rat ancestors got around. I like that he manged to get to so many different places and meet so many different people. I like that the author introduces the reader to the varies cultures and how they live and what they eat. I can only ...more
Amanda Williams
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful tale of one rat's journey to explore the world. Engaging storyline with wonderful and diverse characters. It also teaches you about various ways of life. I adored this book and would read more from this author.
Cat Michaels
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Maria Ritter’s middle grade tale, The Adventures of Wilhelm, a Rat’s Tale, is a travelogue that follows young Wilhelm as he leaves home to explore the world rodent-style. On his way, he encounters characters ranging from scientists and gnomes in Sweden to opera rats singing at Oktoberfest in Germany and church mice on a tour bus meeting the Pope in Italy!

These and more comprise the ratly world Ritter brings to life, where garbage is good and trash is nice. Wilhelm gets into unique rodent predica
Tonja Drecker
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Traveling is in this rat's blood, and the trip he takes around the world doesn't only hold adventure but interesting tidbits about cultures, languages and other countries too.

Wilhelm decides that it's time to leave him parents' nest and discover the world. His parents knew this day would come, considering Wilhelm's not the only rat in the family to have such a traveling urge. Before he can consider where to go first, he makes a friend and finds himself on a plane to China. The Chinese New Year h
Amy’s Booket List
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

I don't review a lot of children's books, but I am a mom, so I read a lot of them. When I was given the chance to review The Adventures of Wilhelm, I approached the book with thoughts of whether or not I would want my kids to read it and what they would learn. Even in the description of this book, you can see that there are some important lessons that I really want my kids to read and internalize.

I found Wilhelm to be very brave. He ventured out, followed
Jessica Bronder
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wilhelm, Wil is a rat in California. He decides to face his fears and travel the world. Through his adventures you will learn of the different cultures, foods, and so much more. But the thing that will stick with him, along with me, is how not everyone is good and not everyone is bad. This goes for rats, other animals, and people alike.

I love the adventure Wil find himself on. I really enjoyed the traveling and learning so much. But I think the best part was learning how we are all different ye
Stephanie Ward
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, kidlit
Wilhelm wants to see the world, so he sets off on an adventure that takes him around the world. But this is much more than a book about travel. The scenes in various countries don't just focus on famous sites, but go much deeper into the language, food, mannerisms and music that define a culture. These little details fill the pages with a sensory experience leaving behind a list of compelling reasons to learn about new cultures and journey to unfamiliar places.

This clever story is a quick-paced
LAWonder10
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is an enchanting story from a rat's view of the world - Much like Burgess Thornton's writings.
Wilbur wants to explore the world with his family's blessings of which he receives. This can be a very dangerous journey... one from which he may never return.
This is a fun way to enlighten older children and young teenagers to the wonderful diversity of cultures and traditions. It. also, gives interesting information on rats.
The brief illustrations, created by Teri Rider, are well done sketches, c
Jeremy Michael Gallen
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Author Maria Ritter dedicates this Bildungsroman to family and pets, with the foreword, written by M.D. Calvin A. Colarusso, telling of the writer’s “controversial” choice to make the protagonist a rat, despite their ostracized status across the world. Ritter herself prefaces the novel telling of real-life inspiration for the story, with rats taking residence outside her home. The main story opens with the eponymous main character, a rat initially known as Wil but later Wilhelm, announcing to hi ...more
Benni
Dec 15, 2018
Linda Manns
Mar 11, 2019
Mar 12, 2019

• The High Court (The Sky Throne #2)
  • No Place Like Here
  • The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)
  • A Trail of Honesty
  • The Little Shop of Found Things (Found Things, #1)
Maria Ritter is a clinical psychologist and psychoanalyst in La Jolla, California. She is the author of, Return to Dresden, (2004), an autobiographical reflection on her childhood in Germany during and after World War II. It is a healing memoir that confronts national guilt for the Nazi past and weaves the broken pieces of loss and grief into a healing tapestry.

"The ashes must be shared. It's hard