Start by marking “Time of the Celts (Dunskey Castle, #4)” as Want to Read:
Time of the Celts (Dunskey Castle, #4)

Time of the Celts

(Dunskey Castle #4)

While on video chat with Kelsey, Jaelle dons a Roman helmet left among her ex's things and is transferred to the Pictish Celt side of Hadrian's wall -- flat on the ground and tripped over by Breth. The naked woad-painted warrior is being chased by Romans who caught him scouting their fort. She earns his trust by grabbing an injured Roman's sword, fighting beside Breth, and ...more
ebook, 3, 202 pages
Published (first published January 19th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Time of the Celts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time of the Celts

Heather
Keryn
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cant get enough!!!

Oh wow!!!! Talk about page turning. Broken hearted by a broken engagement meet weeks prior to her wedding, Jaelle buries herself in her beloved history books. A continuation of the beloved time traveling series starring Tavish, Seamus and Tomas... We now get to travel further back in time to see the Picts. Going through her ex Johns stuff in the basement, history lover Jaelle happens upon an odd Roman helmet. Luckily she's on video chat with a time traveling pal when she tries
Dawn
This book might be listed as book #1 of a new series but after just first 2 pages it is very obviously a part of a larger overall series. You can figure out what is going on enough that you can read the book without reading all the others but I would probably enjoyed it more if I would have read the others first.

With that said, I was not a huge fan of this heroine. She was catty and bitter towards friends who were not to blame for her situation. Oh she had every right to be bitter, just not towa
Eva Wade
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane Stain really has a way of bringing the history to life. i can't wait for more. Just a wondering this book does have a cliff and you do have to wait for a HEA but with this author youll get one you just have to be patient. i love the world Jane created. A world where anything is possible especially time travel. can't wait for the next story and i hope they never stop coming :-)
Sandy
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scotland and time travel! What could be better?!

Well, more romance, and more books that's what. I loved Jaelle & Breth's story. I love the historical aspect about the Celts, Romans, and Hadrian's Wall, and the time travel twist makes the characters even more interesting and dynamic. I know this series is gonna be great. I can't wait to see what happens in book 2.
Bonnie Mitchell
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Something different

I often see and read books about the Scottish Highlanders, Druids, and occasionally maybe even one or two about Celts. But this was my first reading about the Picts in something besides history books. I absolutely loved it. Jane is becoming one of my favorite authors to read. Im on to the next. I just can't get enough. I took too long to read the first.
Raewynn
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is terrific but, would really be better read after the Dunskey Castle series, as it will make more sense then but still a terrific read.

As is normal for Jane Stain, this was a great read and I fully recommend this to all.

If you are a fan of Time Travel and Ancient England/Scotland, then this is your kind of book!

Loved it and can't wait for the next book!
javen ironside
Oct 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The summary suggested so much more

I had a hard time finding the flow of the book. I often thought to put it down and not finish it. I did finish and what a rushed ending making little sense and lots of unanswered questions
Mary Belle
Good book...as I began to read this book it sounded just like a movie-series(Outlander) that just came out. That why I knew the outcome, But You have to know...attention grabber. My Favorite.
Worth the read...Although dislike waiting or second book to come out
Jenny
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first three. It took forever to get through this book. I was going to skip the next two books but with the ending of this one I have to go on to the next.
Lynn Smith
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time of the Celts

I don't know what to say but wow. I loved the story. Jaelle was great as the heroine. Strong not to mouthy, she had her moments. Breth as the hero, he to was strong and knew what he wanted. Can't wait for the next book to come out.
Susan  Dabrusky
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book historically, can't wait to start the next volume to read more of the story . Well developed characters and documentation on the wall was great. I was born in England and had visited Hadrians Wall as a child, even though it was pretty much destroyed it was very impressive. Anyone who loves history will enjoy this novel immensly.
Jeanne Abbott
Quick read.

I liked the historical aspects about the Celts and Romans. It makes me want to read more to learn about the Celts. A little frustrated with how short the story was. It seemed strange that the boyfriend would leave behind his method of time travel for it to be used.
Mickie Danner
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
celts

A quite different kind of time travel, to have objects and to have a choice to go. But then to have no memory when you come back. Quite an interesting viewpoint of the pics. Looking forward to see how the story moves on from here.
Debra
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful time travel romance. Ms. Stain does not let the reader down with another awesome story. Great plot, great characters. There's action, suspense, adventure and romance. I loved this book and look forward to the next one. Brava Ms. Stain.
Christine Dorn
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I thought this was a fun little romance story. Written in a rather tongue in cheek way. I found it a humorous irreverent historical story like the movie "Year One".
Autumn
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HKo
Barbara Zeidl
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had known that book two wasn't out yet, I hate waiting for the next book in a series.
Suzann Propp
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing read

Greatly enjoyed this book. Could not put it down. I'm excited to read next book. I loved the strong women warrior.
Ria
James J. Sowder
Nov 27, 2017
tori
Jan 03, 2018

• Endearing (Knight Everlasting Book 1)
  • The Amber Brooch (Celtic Brooch, #8)
  • Tristan (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor, #31)
  • Ronan (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #37)
  • Patrick (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #26)
  • Destiny of a Highlander (Arch Through Time Book 5)
  • Rory (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #29)
  • The Highlander's Stronghold (Searching for a Highlander Book 1)
  • Tomorrow & Always (Time Travel Trilogy, #2)
  • Time and Space Between Us (Kaitlyn and the Highlander #2)
  • Highlander Warrior (Highlander In Time, #2)
  • Ronan's Captive: A Scottish Time Travel Romance (Highlander Fate Book 2)
  • Secrets of Time (Time Travel Mail Order Bride Romances #4)
  • The Kings (The Dragon Kings #5)
  • A Once and Future Love
Jane worked at the Renaissance Pleasure Faires at Paramount Ranch Agoura, Devore, and Black Point Forest from 1987 to 1993. She started as a peasant, then auditioned and made it into the Washerwomen, and then was a sea dog. She also hawked for Belle Star's perfume wagon and The Dye Spot clothing booth. Jane Stain is a pen name.

She is in her fifties and has been influenced by the writing of Diana

Dunskey Castle (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Tavish (Dunskey Castle, #1)
  • Seumas (Dunskey Castle, #2)
  • Tomas (Dunskey Castle, #3)
  • Time of the Picts (Dunskey Castle, #5)
  • Time of the Druids  (Dunskey Castle, #6)
  • Leif: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle, #7)
  • Taran: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle, #8)
  • Luag: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle Book 9)
  • Meehall: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle Book 10)
  • Ciaran: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle Book 11)