Start by marking “Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card” as Want to Read:
Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card

Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card

Drawing on nearly forty years of tarot experience, Mary K. Greer has developed a new energizing approach-made up of twenty-one stimulating techniques to interpret or deepen your understanding of each card. Just as the twenty-six letters of the alphabet can be combined to form billions of words, Greer's twenty-one methods can be used in any combination for gaining amazing n ...more
Published May 8th 2006 by Llewellyn Publications (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card

Start your review of Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card
Beth Gea
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lo que más me ha gustado del libro es que es una guía práctica para conocer y conectarnos más con las cartas del tarot a nuestra manera. Ofrece 21 ejercicios diferentes para que conectemos con las cartas desde nuestra subjetividad, desde lo que las cartas significan para nosotras, hablando con ellas y estableciendo una relación de confianza.

A pesar de que alguna de las maneras de leer ya las practicaba, otras ni siquiera se me habían pasado por la cabeza y sé que voy a experimentar.

No es un li
Marius
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a book on how to interpret the tarot cards. This is not a book for all things tarot. Greer does an excellent job listing different approaches to the cards. She lists 21 ways of interpreting the cards ie.; by image, with emotions, with numerology, applying the elements and so on. She has some interesting appendices to help the reader too; list of emotions, numerological meanings, suits, element combos, archetype descriptions, reading styles. There is a glossary and index as well in the ba ...more
Alisia
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of my all time favorite tarot books. It provides so many different outlooks & explains how to intuitively trust your interpretations. ...more
Tabitha Chamberlain
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's easy to see why after ten years this book is still one of the most go to books in the tarot community. It's easy and open manner makes it an easy read. The exercises and journal work gives the reader tools to see tarot cards in different ways. Allowing them to tap into the entire potential of each card. It is also highly personal as it brings forth a great deal of yourself with each exercise that you complete. While it starts out light, if you're using this book properly it's going to go a ...more
Ivonne
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: guides, tarot
Este libro es ideal para todo aquel que quiera hacer una práctica del tarot más exhaustiva y concienzuda. Me encato su abordaje holístico de la práctica, así como cada capítulo brinda una manera distinta de acercarse a las cartas. Creo que todo el que empiece a aprender la disciplina debería tener este libro como su compañero infaltable, sin duda resuelve muchas dudas y entrega información valiosa sobre los números, cómo relacionarse con las cartas e involucrar la intuición.
Mi favorito, de refe
Fr.
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A helpful intermediate level book on performing readings. Many wonderful suggestions for enriching readings and connecting with the cards in different ways. I think this would be an excellent book for people after they've gotten to know the cards a fair amount and want to expand their Tarot horizons in a performing readings way, as opposed to an Occult philosophy/symbolism way.
Thao Nguyen
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Là một cuốn sách cần thiết cho những người vừa bắt đầu học Tarot. Tác giả giới thiệu 21 cách để đọc và giải 1 lá bài/1 trải bài bên cạnh cách đọc ý nghĩa và nhớ keyword truyền thống. Ngoài lý thuyết, mỗi step tác giả còn hướng dẫn các bước thực hành cụ thể giúp người đọc có thể hiểu và làm theo.
Blair
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Some of these 21 ways were helpful but others just seemed like common sense. Very beginner friendly, but I wouldn't recommend for an experienced reader.
Sinclair
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really into this! It's the tarot theory I've been wanting. Advanced and thorough and I don't understand it all, but that's great.
Hannah
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pers-dev
Just read the beginner parts but seemed very comprehensive and inclusive.
SongoftheWolf
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great resource, though it gets repetitive toward the end. If you want to break down what happens in a reading, as well as add new tools for understanding the cards, this is a great book!
Natalie
Apr 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Didn't really love this book, I had a hard time connecting to it. I guess I'm just not really a fan of Mary Greer?
Nicole
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: tarot
First off, this is a Workbook! There are plenty of exercises expected to be completed by Ms Greer. About 1/3rd of the book is basic/obvious, 1/3rd you have probably come across if you've read a handful of Tarot books, and 1/3rd expands upon the aforementioned topics. A decent book for the Tarot novice, but not necessary for the intermediate student or master.
Meg
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pagan, spirituality
Really good series of Tarot explorations, with something to offer everyone from beginner to advanced. This book includes lots of experiential exercises (which are very good - and you'll get WAY more out of the book if you actually do them rather than just reading them!) but also quite a bit of detail about number, elemental, and archetypal symbolism, very concisely described. I really like the approach of using open-ended questions and asking the querent to take a more active role by describing ...more
Dora
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
All in all, the book really helped me out. I think that some suggestions found in it can help people in their everyday lives and not only when reading tarot cards.
A few months back, I fell in love with tarot and it was wonderful to expand my knowledge of it (which I will continue to do). Of course, the book included techniques that I didn't find appealing, but then again, there were some ideas that I plan to use whenever I can. :) Thank you Ms Greer! :D
Alia Makki
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
There are two ways to learn the intuitive way of reading cards - that I know of:
1) spend a decade reading the cards
2) Memorize and apply the 21 ways of reading the cards as described here.

And even then, when you're reading for yourself, and the cards are acting out on you (or you're not really in a state that facilitates an easy reading), it's still all the wiser to keep a reference book nearby, especially one that is also by Mary K. Greer, Tarot of Reversals.
Revshemsu Nefretnubti
very good for 'self' reading and teaching a method on how to have a person read for themselves. Its like a relaxed form of psychotherapy and very useful breaking through the stigma of not being able to read for one self. She also includes good explanations and definitions of which are essential to learning card meanings - though she doesn't stress that as much as self symbolism and self exploration.
Gail Nyoka
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the best book I have seen on learning to read the Tarot. It gives exercises that will help you to learn each card, and be able to apply the various meanings of the card to different readings. One of the best things about this book, is that although it gives some standard meanings, you are also encouraged to use your intuition in a reading.
Sock
Wonderful! I love the focus on each individual's interpretation of the cards rather than a transpersonal "true" meaning. I appreciate the many exercises using different modalities of expression and interpretation. I have used some of them as insight tools for myself and with clients, and I will again!
Cherie
Mar 10, 2011 rated it liked it
This is more of a way to sense the cards, to get the background, to learn overall about the cards, the suits, the major arcana. It has some good info, but can't be your only Tarot book. Great symbolism section.
Putu
Feb 07, 2008 rated it it was ok
Basically, the information given is easy to understand. But, it is better if your tarot is one of the three tarots illustrated on the front cover.
Marjorie
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvment
Very in depth... I learned a lot with this book.
Rebecca Wright
Jan 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Great tarot book. I still love Greer's Tarot for Yourself better.
Leamarie
Jun 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Covers everything a card could possibly mean...but I gave this one away to someone..darn it!
Kathy Peveler
Nov 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Every serious tarot reader should have this book.
Michele
Runa Willows
Jan 02, 2020

• Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom: A Book of Tarot
  • Kitchen Table Tarot: Pull Up a Chair, Shuffle the Cards, and Let's Talk Tarot
  • The Ultimate Guide to Tarot: A Beginner's Guide to the Cards, Spreads, and Revealing the Mystery of the Tarot
  • Muôn Kiếp Nhân Sinh: Many Lives Many Times
  • Daring and the Duke (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #3)
  • Witches Tarot Kit
  • Holistic Tarot: An Integrative Approach to Using Tarot for Personal Growth
  • Modern Tarot: Connecting with Your Higher Self through the Wisdom of the Cards
  • The Fourth Turning: What the Cycles of History Tell Us about America's Next Rendezvous with Destiny
  • Karmic Dates & Momentary Mates: The Astrology of the Fifth House
  • Milly-Molly-Mandy's Summer (Milly-Molly-Mandy)
  • A Really Bad Idea
  • How the Dukes Stole Christmas
  • Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom: Spiritual Teachings and Deeper Meanings
  • No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Hành Trình Về Phương Đông (Nguyên Phong Book 2)
  • Before the Coffee Gets Cold