Start by marking “Marked for Death (Killer Intent, #2)” as Want to Read:
Marked for Death (Killer Intent, #2)

Marked for Death

(Killer Intent #2)

A thrilling follow-up to one of 2018’s hottest debuts, Killer Intent

When London’s legal establishment is shaken to its foundation by the grisly crucifixion of a retired Lord Chief Justice, Detective Chief Inspector Joelle Levy is tasked with finding his killer. With fifty years of potential enemies to choose from, only the identical murder of former solicitor Adam Blunt of
Published February 7th 2019 by Elliott & Thompson Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Marked for Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked for Death

Start your review of Marked for Death (Killer Intent, #2)
Paromjit
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have not the read the first in this series of Killer Intent by Tony Kent, but I really wished I had because this was so good, and whilst there are plentiful references to previous events, it still works well as a standalone. This is a brilliant fast paced thriller which just does not let up on the action front. Michael Devlin is a young QC barrister plagued by insecurites that he has not really earned his silks as he takes the lead as the defending counsel for the young Simon Kash on trial for ...more
Matt
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
After thoroughly enjoying the first novel in this series by Tony Kent, I turned to the second, which did not disappoint. Kent pulls some of his key players back into the mix, spinning a new and complex story that will keep readers wondering as they make their way through the journey. The body of Phillip Longman is gruesomely discovered in his home, crucified against a wall. The former Lord Chief Justice has surely crossed paths with many a criminal element during his time on the bench, but it is ...more
Sandy
Yeesh….after finishing this I’m not sure which I need more. A drink or a nap? This is a fast paced thriller with 2 story lines that battle for your attention. At the centre of it all are barrister Michael Devlin & his fiancée Sarah Truman, a well known TV reporter.

Devlin has his hands full after he’s handed a murder trial on short notice. HIs client is a quiet young man unwilling to participate in his own defence. Is he guilty or just too scared to name the real killer?

DCI Joelle Levy also has a
Linda Strong
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Retired Lord Chief Justice is the first to die. He was elderly, he was tortured, he was crucified. Former solicitor Adam Blunt was also killed in the same way. How many more will die?

News reporter Sarah Truman investigates on her own, not knowing that the trail will lead straight back to her fiance Barrister Michael Devlin.

DCI Joelle Levy is tasked to find this killer. There are 50 years of potential suspects .. people charged, imprisoned by the dead men.

Michael Devlin is in the middle of a crim
Linda Strong

Michael Devlin is in the middle of a cri
Liz Barnsley
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling follow up is spot on. Killer Intent was an excellent read, with a lot of edge of the seat action and introducing two brilliant characters Michael Devlin and Sarah Truman who luckily for readers are back in this fantastic sequel.
Marked for Death is actually different in a lot of ways with much of the action taking place within a dramatic courtroom trial. Around that Michael has to deal with an old enemy who is hell bent on revenge. This makes for a right proper page turner with some ter
Kate
Really excellent follow up to Killer Intent and arguably even better, which is no mean feat. Wonderfully plotted, horrifying in places and hugely exciting. The pages fly through the fingers. It's also good to see the return of journalist Sarah and barrister Michael. Review to follow shortly on For Winter Nights. ...more
Elaine Tomasso
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Elliot & Thompson for an advance copy of Marked for Death, the second novel to feature London based barrister Michael Devlin and reporter Sarah Truman.

When former Lord Chief Justice, Phillip Longman, is brutally murdered in his own home DCI Joelle Levy of The Met is put in charge of the high profile investigation but her workload doesn’t end there when she also has to investigate a gangland massacre. Reporter Sarah Truman is covering the investigations and man
Steve
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I was a huge fan of Tony Kent's début "killer intent" So I was expecting great things from book 2 "Marked for Death" unfortunately this for me did not hit the same highs of book one.

We follow three main characters and two interwoven story lines when Lord Chief Justice is found brutally murdered in his London home enter Chief Inspector Joelle Levy tasked with finding his killer.
Michael Devlin A criminal barrister determined to prove his clients innocence and Sarah Truman Devlin's Fiancé hot-shot
Sue Plant
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this gripping novel

i dont normally read many of these courtroom dramas but this one sucker punches you right in the stomach

but its not just a courtroom drama, there are police procedures and then theres the violence....and boy its a great mixture of all really....

once you get the characters sorted in your head as there are quite a few...but on the whole i loved this book

important people are being murdered in gruesome ways... cru
Andy Wormald
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to pick up a arc at the Harrogate Crime Festival,

Following on from the stunning debut novel Killer Intent, Tony Kent returns with another explosive high octane crime thriller Marked for Death which reunites us with Sarah Truman and Michael Devlin.

Beginning with the crucifixion of a retired Lord Chief Justice, Sarah finds herself assigned to the story, meanwhile her now fiancée Michael has to try to prove the innocence of a man charged with murder, little do they know how fate and
Yvonne
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not one for reading the synopsis immediately before I start reading a book or the author bio for that matter, I usually leave it till the end. For some reason, I decided to read both beforehand. It made me wonder how much of the authors’ experiences would show in his story and also how would they come across to me as a reader. He is a Barrister, Ex-Boxer and Crime Writer, well that’s an impressive resume! Well, I immediately felt that the author had an advantage, the legal stuff (stuff is n ...more
Amina Kara
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another first time author for me. Not an author I'd heard of before, so I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading! Well, I'm glad I decided to give it a go, because just wow! It was an amazing read with fast paced action and the good guys that you were definitely rooting for. Likeable characters, fast paced action plus twists you didn't see coming added to a fantastic read! Would highly recommend this book! ...more
Neil
Dec 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: thriller, netgalley
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

If you like violence then this maybe for you.
My problem was that I found the actual story line boring.
Most of this book has been done previously by other authors.
A real let down for me.
Anne Abbey
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and have added this author to my list of must read.
Lisa Clift
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was ok
Got bored, wandered off. Somewhat annoying of me, but it was dull. I'll put it by and try again another day. ...more
Dave Hodgkinson
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chumps
Jan 08, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting plot with some good characters - the book drags a bit in the middle section - still worth a read.
Kay Woolford
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second book in a week I've finished that part of a series 🙄 I'll need to look for the first.

All in all it was a good book. It was a bit of a slow read as I kept getting confused with the many different professional names and titles.

But the twists and turns kept me reading and I enjoyed all of them. Some of them I could guess and some I couldn't which kept the book interesting.

The main character is an interesting chap, with a mixed back ground, rough and professional. It was a good contrast to so
Benjamin
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!

Killer Intent was one of if not my most favourite book of 2018, well I can now say Tony Kent you have gone beyond my expectations of you as an author. In my opinion Marked For Death was better then Killer Intent so thank you. I am so pleased you continued to follow Michael and Sarah and I loved the introduction of Levy. Pleased to hear in the Acknowledgements that we will be seeing more of Joe Dempsey in Book 3.

Until then, thank you Tony Kent.
Neil Watson
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Follow up to Killer Intent
Michael Devlin is back along with girlfriend Sarah as along with Joelle Levy of the Mets tactical team search for the killer of Lord Chief Justice and a couple of well known lawyers and a London gangster and his gang.
Shocking brutal twists and turns police murdered doing their jobs Devlin shows he is no 10 stone amateur.
Carol Butler
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley for a copy of this book however I don't really like to give negative views, but it did start well and thought this is going to be a good novel, but after the 1st few chapters it seemed to wander in places and the characters could have done with a bit more polish. I have given 3* but I felt that it was pushing it a bit, it seemed that the QC bit of a big head obviously has won some very important cases before went off on a tangent and I did wonder at one time wheth ...more
Kon Frankowski
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bloody hell. What a ride! Fast paced, well written, fantastically delivered. Amazing grittiness of Tony Kent’s style brings, combined with dynamic action and a bit of courtroom drama gave this book a flavour of Dan Brown meets John Grisham. And, as I said to Tony, I enjoyed it more than ‘Killer Intent’. Cannot wait for the next instalment. Tony’s style is developing. The vocabulary, the style, the development of main characters. You can clearly see there is a strategy and vision behind their sto ...more
Karen Peterman
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was just brilliant - a really clever courtroom drama / thriller / police chase. Highly recommend it to anyone who likes a murder mystery. It’s apparently the second novel to feature Irish barrister Michael Devlin and American TV reporter Sarah Truman but it works well as a stand-alone too - I haven’t read Tony Kent’s previous book.

The gruesome murder and crucifixion of a retired Lord Chief Justice is investigated by Detective Chief Inspector Joelle Levy who like Michael Devlin is a great ch
CriminalRepurcussions
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
My first Tony Kent read. A Boxer Lawyer Author who writes a legal 'thriller' ought to be credible and accurate, even for Crime Fiction genre. Also some humility would go a long way. The 'chapter' of longwinded Acknowledgements which follow this almost-textbook obsessively over-informative story is a clue that too much can be too much, and off-putting to pick up his next book.
Throughout, the author displays his knowledge of physical training and fighting technique, usually referring back to some
Jen
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well ... I wasn't expecting that. Not that the book would be brilliant - I was expecting that, obviously. But this story, the mixture of legal thriller and action was just about perfect.

When I picked up book one in this series, Killer Intent, I quickly grew to love the characters of Michael Devlin, Sarah Truman and Joe Dempsey. A brilliant trio who held your attention from the first page to the last. Well this is very much Michael's story, with his now fiance, Sarah, along for what is going to
James
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When a retired Lord Chief Justice is murdered and crucified, barrister Michael Devlin and his fiancé, ITN journalist Sarah Truman, are drawn to investigate. Leading the police investigation is DCI Joelle Levy, and the three are soon liaising. When both a retired solicitor and a barrister friend of Michael’s suffer identical fates, it becomes apparent that there’s a killer on the loose with a very particular hatred for certain members of the legal profession.

Having read the author’s debut, I was
Maggie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Killer Intent book one from this author and book 2 has proved just as compelling
A retired Lord Chief Justice is the first to be tortured and brutally murdered. Soon after another from the legal profession is murdered in the same way.
Detective Chief Inspector Joelle Levy is on the case but she also has other serious fish to fry with shoot outs ‘O.K. Corral style’ between Police and criminals on the streets of South London.
Sarah Truman top Journalist at ITV News is investigating on her
Surjit Parekh
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling follow-up to one of 2018's hottest debuts, Killer Intent

When London's legal establishment is shaken to its foundation by the grisly crucifixion of a retired Lord Chief Justice, Detective Chief Inspector Joelle Levy is tasked with finding his killer. With fifty years of potential enemies to choose from, only the identical murder of former solicitor Adam Blunt offers a ray of hope: what is it that connects these victims who met such a gruesome end?

Assigned to the story from the start
Annette
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great follow up to Tony Kent’s debut novel, Killer Internet and is about the same characters, maverick barrister, Michael Devlin and his fiancée, reporter Sarah Truman.
Sarah is investigating the cruel murder of an aged judge in his own home when the trail leads her to Michael. The late judge was a friend of Michael’s pupil- master and dear friend, Reid who is himself devastated by the murder.
When the killer murders again in the same cruel way Michael, Sarah and Joelle Levy, the Detecti
« previous 1 3 next »

• No One Home (David Raker #10)
  • One Minute Later
  • #taken (Max Wolfe, #6)
  • The Man on the Street (Jimmy Mullen #1)
  • Double Agent (Kate Henderson #2)
  • Their Little Secret (Tom Thorne, #16)
  • Fifty-Fifty (Eddie Flynn #5)
  • To Kill a Man
  • Bury Them Deep (Inspector McLean #10)
  • The Art of Death
  • Buried (DC Jack Warr #1)
  • Absolute Proof
  • Nothing to Hide (DC Constance Fairchild, #2)
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • Sleep
  • The Harder They Fall (Softley Softley #1)
  • One Eye Open
  • I Made a Mistake
Tony Kent’s first novel, KILLER INTENT, was one of the ‘must reads’ of 2018. It was selected for the Zoe Ball Book Club and is now to be adapted for television, directed by the award-winning filmmaker Duncan Jones.

Tony Kent grew up in a close-knit Irish family in London and studied law in Scotland.

A top-ranking barrister, Tony’s case history includes prosecuting and defending many high-profile, na

Killer Intent (3 books)
  • Killer Intent (Killer Intent, #1)
  • Power Play (Killer Intent #3)