Start by marking “The Paper & Hearts Society (The Paper & Hearts Society #1)” as Want to Read:
The Paper & Hearts Society (The Paper & Hearts Society #1)

The Paper & Hearts Society

(The Paper & Hearts Society #1)

A brand new series from Booktuber Lucy Powrie - about what happens when you give up on trying to fit in and let your weird out! It's time to join The Paper & Hearts Society ...

Tabby Brown is tired of trying to fit in. She doesn't want to go to parties - in fact, she would much rather snuggle up on the sofa with her favourite book.

It's like she hasn't found her people
Expected publication: June 13th 2019 by Hodder Children's Books

Ruby Granger
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you follow my reviews, you will know that I am not flippant when it comes to distributing 5-star reviews, but I absolutely LOVED Lucy's first book! The Paper & Hearts Society is just the perfect book for bookworms, and should be read by anyone and everyone who is not (or is) ashamed to be a bit of a book nerd.
The characters were complex and well-developed, especially Cassie, and I fell in love with Olivia's charisma and energy & Ed's sense of humour. Tabby's prior experiences with bu
Alice Oseman
This is such a sweet and joyful story about friendship and celebrating your passions (especially if your passion is books!) It explores anxiety and bullying and has a couple of very cute romances too. I can't wait to see more of these characters in the sequel! (especially Ed. He's my fave.)
Lauren James
[Gifted]
A heartwarming, uplifting look at the power of friendship and the dangers of bullying online. Tabby stole my heart with her very realistic anxieties, worries and joy of books. A UK based summer road trip book that will make you desperate to make a book club of your very own.
Yasmin
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an early read of this and let me tell you, it is PHENOMENAL.

Lucy has created just the most adorable group of book nerds that you just cannot help but fall in love with instantly. Tabby as a protagonist instantly gains our trust and empathy and we're rooting for her happiness from the get go. The friendship between the characters grows so naturally you don't even notice, but you simultaneously feel as you yourself are a member of the Paper and Hearts Society. The bookish
BooksNest
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is not often that a book makes me cry, and I didn’t expect it of this one, but cry I did. This book was so real and kept true to teenage life, the ups and the downs. It captured me and brought me back to the times where I learnt to become who I am today. It is very tough to be in your teen years, there is a lot going on, The Paper & Hearts Society doesn’t shy away from this. Lucy doesn’t try to glamorise the moments of our youth, she writes them as they are and creates believable and lova ...more
Stacey (prettybooks)
I was in a really bad reading slump at the beginning of the year. You know, the kind where you watch Netflix, scroll through Twitter, or do nothing at all, instead of picking up a book. Lucy kindly offered to send me her book, The Paper & Hearts Society, to help – and it worked!

Continue reading this review over on Pretty Books.

#gifted: Thank you to the publisher for sending me this book for free in exchange for an honest review!
Martha
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has just blown me away in a matter of hours!
I went into it expecting a cute fluffy book themed contemporary, and yes it delivered that but with SO MUCH MORE.
Tabby as a character is just so well written and honest. I truly felt you could understand all of her reasoning and motives, even when they were to flawed. Also the representation of Tabby's mental health was so so so well done. She experiences anxiety (often relating to her past (ie the WORST person in the world)) and panic attack
ThatBookGal
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Paper & Hearts Society is basically a love letter to the bookish community and book lovers everywhere. Filled to the brim with references to fandoms across various genres, I found it utterly charming. Reading Lucy's author letter about the book, I just relate so hard to that difficult time around GCSE's, and so knew that I would going to find some powerful connections in her book.

The characters, in particular the boys, were genuine and I just want to sign up instantly to be the 6th memb
Salim Alowais
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin? Do I start talking about Bath or Haworth? Tabby or Livs? Jane Austen parties or Harry Potter movies marathon? Anxiety in YA? I don’t know where to start.
This book is more than just an ode to literature, it’s a story that consists the meaning to experience the different types of love, to a partner, an author, a friend, and so many more.
I read this book in one setting, three hours and a half, sitting on my bed staring at the pages and going on a whirlwind of adventure(s).
A
Cerys Weston (BrowsingForBooks)
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-75-stars
I was gifted an advanced reader’s copy of this book through the Swansea Blogger Collective on behalf of Hodder Children’s Books in exchange for an honest review.

The Paper & Hearts Society is a cute, adorable, unequivocally delightful novel that made me miss being a teenager, and it’s not often that I say that! When I was sixteen I stopped reading for a long time, and a book club and the group of friends Tabby has would have been the perfect solution for me. In fact, joining the book blogging
Kayleigh
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is, quite frankly, a book for book lovers.
It’s so nice to read a book about people who could easily be your friends, that you feel you’d fit in with in a heartbeat and all the little fandom references throughout make it even better!

I love the whole dynamic of the group. They show friendship and support at its very best which is exactly what Tabby needs.
I found Tabby such a relatable character too, having gone through a very similar experience myself in school, not to mention the anxi
Steph
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A brilliant bunch of characters (I am particularly fond of the boys, Ed and Henry), some lovely messages of friendship, bullying, family and dealing with all sorts of emotions. Chuck in a great main character and you’ve got a book lover’s book. Good work Lucy Powrie!
Bella (Cheezyfeet Books)
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this! It’s a lot of fun, I loved all of the bookish references. The characters were great and I always enjoy a good road trip story, especially if it’s bookish!
Hollie (Hollieblog)
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon!
gem
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rtc
Charlie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One gigantic book community hug! Lucy has written the perfect friendship tale for anxious book loving teens. I adored The Paper & Hearts Society from first page to last.
Kate (Reading Through Infinity)
I absolutely loved this! It was filled with hopeful, uplifting messages about friendship, books, and believing in yourself. Full review to come!
Becca  ☾☁︎⋆ (PrettyLittleMemoirs.com)
First reviewed on Pretty Little Memoirs.

I started reading The Paper & Hearts Society yesterday morning and finished it in the early evening - yes, you read that right, in one sitting! Once I started, there was no stopping for anything or anyone. I connected with Tabby almost instantly. If you've followed my blog, you'll know that just a couple years ago, my cat (also named Tabby) passed away. So this book felt extra special because I got to see her name on the pages (and with a reference to
Karen Barber
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A story about friendship and a shared love of all things bookish.
Tabby has moved to live with her gran, desperate to avoid the bullying from her supposed best friend. As an attempt to find something to do, she responds to an invite to join a book club. In so doing she meets a whole new group of friends.
Olivia, Cassie, Ed and Henry have known each other for ages. They have in-jokes and could be intimidating, but they’re good people who help Tabby learn to trust her own judgment again.
We drop in o
زكرياء
Apr 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
متحمس جدًا لقراءة هذا الكتاب لأني تاعبت لوسي في رحلتها مع هذا الكتاب وربما لأول مرة سأشتري كتاب من الإنترنيت بسببها
يجب أن يترجم هذا الكتاب إلى العربية
Emily Bradley-dorman
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve not read a book that made me this happy in a long time!
Kirsty
Just lovely. Such a brilliant read with a fantastic message about finding your people. I wish I'd had this book when I was 15.

Tabby moves to a new area and whilst at the library sees a notice about a reading group. She decides to go along and meets the members of the group that shortly after becomes The Paper & Hearts Society.

I loved seeing Tabby met her new friends and slowly start to find her place within a group which is supportive of her unlike her previous friends who treated her terri
legenbooksdary
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was honestly so excited for this book when the book was first announced. First of all, it was written by a person who is also a part of the bookish/bookstagram and all in all bookish community and I'm so happy for her achievement. Secondly, the premise of this story was intriguing too and absolutely relatable for a bookworm like me. I had a pretty high expectation going in this but find myself getting disappointed gradually. I just thought that don't worry and lets remain neutral until I finis ...more
Kayleigh Cyphus
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so I'm going to be honest; the main reason I wanted to read this book was because of it being written by the lovely Lucy Powrie (if you've lived under a rock in the book world, she's a booktuber and creator of #ukyachat and is just generally a very good bookish person to be aware of!) and because I wanted to support her and to not be the only person not reading this book. The synopsis, whilst fairly good, just sounded too...happy for me. But,

OH. MY. GOD.

I hold my hands up; I was wrong. So co
RUMENA
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must for every book lover. I know so many people who would love to be part of the paper and hearts society, I feel like groups will be popping up all over the country. The many odes to classic books and authors make it a must for everyone who appreciates English Literature. It's also made me very eager to go on a literary road trip myself!

Lucy Powrie handled the issue of panic attacks and bullying through social media head on in this book and it really takes you inside the mind of
Emma Cannon
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking for to the publication of The Paper and Hearts Society for months so jumped at the chance to read an advanced copy. And it has completely lived up to expectations.

Book lover and new girl Tabby picks up a copy of The Bell Jar (which is also my favourite!) and finds a flyer for a new book group.

With Olivia, Cassie, Henry and Ed, Tabby goes on a bookish journey of self-discovery and finds out just how resilient she really is.

I loved the characters and would have loved to been par
Hannah-lynette Hunter
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paper and Hearts Society

I knew I’d love this book. It’s the sort of book that has an energy about it before you even jump into the world.
What I wasn’t expecting was to feel so utterly at home with the characters that I wanted to sign up and join the society and mourned the ending more than any book I’ve read this year.
I had to pause part way through due to issues regarding my mental health; these characters dealt so real to me that I pulled away from them in fear that my negativity would infect
Tsam
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so this took me a bit of time to get into, but that was mostly because of me preemptions what was going to happen and panicking about it.

The way Lucy deals with bullying, finding new friends, dealing with anxiety, and muscling through it is amazing. I think Tabby is a bit like all of us, and the way she’s written makes you feel so many feels. Each character has their own story, their own lives, trials, and quirks, and the way they all work together is a work of genius.

So, if The Paper and H
Bev
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous first novel from this well established vlogger and book lover, her joy in the written word just shines out from the book. Believable, flawed but wonderful teenage characters and powerful themes of online & face to face bullying, self esteem and friendship. Many types of love demonstrated and great fun spotting all the literary references.
Katey Lovell
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Is there anything better than books about books?!

I loved this story of Tabby, a bookish girl who feels like an outsider, connecting with other's who share her passion, and how she's worried about losing them if she's honest about her past.

Lucy Powrie's love of reading shines through every page and the end result is a gorgeous story about a girl who wants to find her tribe.

Roll on book 2!
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Girl Called Shameless (Izzy O'Neill, #2)
  • Loveless
  • My Heart Goes Bang
  • Deathless
  • Run, Riot
  • Remember Me
Lucy Powrie is a blogger, YouTuber and author from the UK. Lucy is the creator of #ukyachat on Twitter. In 2015 Lucy won a UK Young Adult Blogger Award for Champion of YA. When she's not reading, she enjoys cuddling guinea pigs and eating Oreo chocolate, but let's be real: she's mostly always reading. Her debut novel, The Paper & Hearts Society, will be published in June 2019 from Hodder Child ...more