Start by marking “Cold, Hard, & Heartless (Heartless Few #2)” as Want to Read:
Cold, Hard, & Heartless (Heartless Few #2)

Cold, Hard, & Heartless

(Heartless Few #2)

He vowed to protect the broken shards of his heart, until she etched herself on his soul.

Cold. Hard. Heartless.

If I don’t rise, I can’t fall. If I don’t give, I can’t take. If I don’t love, I can’t lose. If I don’t break, I can’t heal. If I don’t care, I can’t hurt.

And if I don’t expose my heart, it can’t get broken.

As a boy, Arlo Jones learned that hearts could litera
Published August 18th 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cold, Hard, & Heartless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold, Hard, & Heartless

Candace Tidwell
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. I'm actually almost at a loss for words. How spectacularly disastrous can one guy be?! I've read my share of books, obviously, but Arlo has me banging my head against the wall and crossing my eyes.
This is the first book I've read by Ellis and I really could not stop reading. It was like watching a train wreck. Or maybe a better way to explain it is to compare it to a multi car pile up. One car starts it and others follow in it its tracks in a domino effect. I really cannot come up with a b
Chelé
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to read Cold, Hard & Heartless because after reading Catching London I really wanted to know more about Arlo and what he was thinking. Cold, Hard & Heartless is the story of Arlo and London, from Arlo's POV.

Arlo hasn't had the best background and his past experiences definitely played a role in the way he reacted to London when they first met. I wanted to know his inner thoughts and feelings.

The story is a quick read and it was so fun experiencing being in Arlo's head
Book Maniac Forever
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 "Hostile Takeover" Stars
Cold, Hard & Heartless was straight to the point and finally showed the thoughts of Arlo in the most pivotal scenes of Catching London and his subsequent actions and reactions. I already loved him so much, but reading his thoughts was so interesting and diverting. I understood better his actions and the reasons behind them. I enjoyed a lot witnessing his conversations with his twin Luke, bandmate Jake and his Gramps. They made me laugh a lot! This novella was
Lauren
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is short, messy and to the point. This is told from Arlo's point of view its funny seeing as he works through his feelings and how to overcome his man whoring ways. A guys point of view is always a great way and seeing inside his crazy mind was a ton of fun!!!
Maria11
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok

POV in Arlo’s. Interesting to see that he did make his mind up on the first day. Love his bumbling to try and make London his. Wish we could have seen his POV when they were shopping and how he managed being away from her. The night she got drunk would have been funny too.
Kathy Aronoff
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For anyone that has read Chasing London, this book is the perfect companion. Arlo Jones is every cliche there is about a rock star front man - wrapped up in a delicious package and for me, this is what made this book so much fun. It basically Arlo's POV which we didn't see in Chasing London and quite frankly I enjoyed it much more as it is told in the get-to-the-point style I truly favor over endless prose. Arlo is an egotistical, annoying, antagonistic, sexy mess of a man - and when he meets Lo ...more
Javelyn
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 16+
Recommended to Javelyn by: Book Club
This novel was just fantastic. Literally loveable and more than anything in the world.

This is after Catching London with Arlo's thoughts this time. Catching London revolves around London and her world solely.

Arlo and London have such chemistry, and there's no denial in it. At first glance Arlo knows that not just physically, there's more to London than what she looks like and he wants her enough to know her more. And knowing that they are meant to be together whether London believes it not is A
Mary
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a crazy ride into Arlo’s head. I loved Catching London and this was a chance to understand what Arlo was really thinking as he first meets London and then decides to pursue her. He has sworn off on relationships so when he is attracted to London and realizes he wants to know more about her, he really doesn’t know how to make that happen. It was fun experiencing how Arlo found a way to capture London. I voluntarily read an ARC of this book and this is my honest review.
Bibliophile  Chloe
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am so glad that MV wrote this!

Cold, Hard & Heartless is the story of Arlo and London, from Catching London But it's told from Arlo's POV.

This is a fast paced read and I really enjoyed it! I love reading books from alternate POV's and I was so glad to see that we get the same story but from a different perspective!

It made the story much richer, to see Arlo's view of how the relationship came to be, what it means to him and how is trying to become a better person, to deserve London.

I hig
Thuy Taylor
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is Arlo's POV since meeting London. After reading Catching London(London's POV) I really wanted to find out what's going on in Arlo's head. I really enjoyed reading his thoughts and views on how his life was changing after meeting London. He felt so different yet so calm around her especially in his chaotic life. He never does the girlfriend thing but he wanted so much with her. I love reading the guys POV and this didn't disappoint.
Ann
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved being inside of Arlo’s head! This novella is a retelling of certain scenes in Catching London from Arlo’ point of view. I just love how he feels for London and Gramp’s was hilarious! If you love rockstar romance I definitely recommend this series.
Kimberly
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I began reading Cold, Hard & Heartless by M.V. Ellis I did not realize that it was the second book in a series. There were times where I felt like I was missing something because I had not read the first book. I will have to go back and read it.
This book was a story from Arlo Jones Point of view. He is a total train wreck, who has had many things happen in his life to make him the way that he is. The opening chapter was a chapter like no other I have ever read. It was hard, cruel and gu
Vanessa
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
What to do when the person you want so desperately does not want you? That’s what we delve into with this book. Arlo and London are meant for each other. Or so That’s what he believes and he will stop at nothing to make her believe it too.
There were so many emotions to this book. Mostly of annoyance and swooning. There were times I wanted to throw my kindle to the wall. I felt the characters were meant to be together. But at every twist and turn something would go wrong. So many times I would y
Kat J
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A POV from Arlo for a few scenes from Catching London. Definitely amp up the bad boy factor for me and I just love being in the other person's head to get a sense of what is going on too.

I had to reread a couple of the scenes from Catching London coz I actually forgot some of it... but all is good in the world to be in Arlo's head.
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cold, Hard & Heartless, M.V. Ellis

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance,

well, in book one it was London's looonng metal monologues that I found off-putting and now its Arlo's....that's just me though, its a niggle that I find irritating, but that others may be indifferent to or even enjoy. I do enjoy a bit of introspection, it lets me feel and understand a characters actions, work out why they do things a certain way. From the outside Arlo could look like a man-whore jerk, bu
Cee Cee Houston
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it

When I chose to read an ARC of Cold, Hard, & Heartless by MV Ellis, I was unaware of it being not just part of a series, but the second of at that.
The story is that of Arlo Jones, a hot rock star who finds a naked woman in his basement shower and is instantly attracted to her. He’s a guy, after all and she naked!
The naked woman is London Llewellyn, a ballerina recovering from a serious accident who now works as a part-time housecleaner. She has a past that Arlo doesn’t know about. S
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella so much. I loved Catching London earlier this year and I've been excited about more Arlo and London ever since. This novella has served me very nicely until Pushing Arlo on 1st September. The thing I loved most of this? It was his POV. I have crazy amounts of love for the male POV it's been a long time favourite of mine. When I read a male POV and it's a retelling of a scene I've already read from a female POV? I'm a very, very happier reader!

The opening chapter of this nov
Sandra
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first book in this series Chasing London which was from her POV. This is the beginning of Arlo's story & how he came to be who he is. It was the tragic death of his dad that caused his downward spiral & all his issues. His gramps was a guiding light when he needed to get his head out of his a** & get on with his life.
London was his saviour & I liked how she reformed the one time bad boy. But it was definitely one very hard battle he was facing to get her to t
Charly
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My review for Catching London started with “you had me at Rock Star”. Well this little beauty is actually the Rock God himself, it is based on his POV and it doesn’t take long to see how his filthy little mind works. So hot, straight up front, had me questioning myself “So What’s a persons core temperature supposed to be?” (runs to open window)

We meet new characters that are so “real and down to earth” they bring a smile to your face. There is nothing like family to keep you grounded, no matter
Sassy Southern
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

Joy Westerfield
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading Catching London, I looked forward to Arlo's point of view on their relationship. This story shows that while Arlo is depicted as a bit of an "over the top" alpha, he does have a heart and feelings and all that good stuff. It's just that being a Rockstar, you have to keep up a persona. While reading, you can feel his emotions and how he wants things to work out with London, but will she believe him? She knows only that he has been with tons of women. Why would she be any different? ...more
Stacey
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Cold. Hard. Heartless by MV Ellis
A novella about rockstar Arlo Jones. He loses a parent to cancer at the age of 15, spirals out of control living in a rinse/repeat cycle of drugs/booze/girls.

I didn't realize this was an alternate point of view story of Catching London. It's probably best if you read Catching London first to get more details of the story as this is a novella and only in Arlo's POV.
Ashley
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I give it about a 3.5. I wish that the sexy scenes had been shown in here. We were told a lot about their times together, but never shown anything. The main character Arlo also hasn't redeemed himself to me yet, so there's that. He doesn't really have a reason to change except that he wants to be with the girl. But what other motivation is there?

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cold, Hard & Heartless is Arlo's POV from the most important moments since meeting London. It explains where his head was with his actions & reactions, I understood things a bit better now, though I'm still a bit upset some of his questionable douchey decisions. However, it's a great companion to Catching London from the talented M.V. Ellis, as it's short & to the point. It's definitely a crazy ride inside of Arlo's head, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Wendy Livingstone
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this amazing series, and is a unique insight into Alro’s head and this is his POV which explain his subsequent actions and reactions, regarding London. This is well written and I was hooked and intrigued throughout. Looking forward to reading more in this series, and I highly recommend this talented authors’ work for all.
Andi Isack
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've always been fascinated by a male POV romance. I don't know what it gets different, but is something else. Plus it always helps to complete the "puzzle" of the story. It's great to find out what a man thought or felt about something or someone. Better when it envoles his girlfriend.

*ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*
Susana Soto
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of the Heartless Few series by MV Ellis.I really liked that this book was the POV of Arlo from a few scenes from Catching London.I really liked understood better Arlo's actions and why he made the choices he did. I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Gladys
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is told from Arlo's P.O.V. and offers his take on some of the things that happened in book one and some new information about Arlo himself. A good addition to this series. Of my own accord I'm posting a sincere review.
Rowena
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The sweeter side of Arlo.

I enjoyed this perspective through Arlo’s eyes. I just fell in love with his character more and it brought out the sweetness that made him more likable. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
A great companion read to Catching London told entirely from Arlo's POV.
It's great to read Arlo's thoughts and feelings as he finds himself doing the one thing he definitely wasn't looking for, falling in love.

**Complimentary copy recieved for an honest review.**
New Adult Book Club: #84/18 Cold, Hard & Heartless by MV Ellis 19 56 Mar 19, 2019 06:11PM
MV ELLIS knows what it’s like to fall head over heels in love with a badass musician. She moved from London to Sydney after a steamy holiday romance with a sexy bass player in sultry Brazil. Twelve years, two children and a dog later, and she’s still smitten. All this with a guy she sat next to on a bus for 36 hours!

Ellis’ love of romance began when she was 11 years old, after a summer spent secr

Heartless Few (4 books)
  • Catching London (Heartless Few #1)
  • Pushing Arlo (Heartless Few #3)
  • Finding Marnie (Heartless Few #4)