Start by marking “Risking It All” as Want to Read:
Risking It All

Risking It All

Paige knows exactly what she wants—to graduate from Wallingford Academy and become a pilot in the US Air Force. She’s inherited her father’s no-nonsense attitude and whip-smart intelligence, all of which have made her the perfect Wallingford cadet.

Logan has spent the last five years doing as little as possible. Once a star basketball player and one of the most popular boys
Published June 18th 2019 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about Risking It All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risking It All

laurel [suspected bibliophile]
Straight-laced Paige is on her way to the Air Force Academy. She's done everything right at her military high school, but when she's assigned a new delinquent to mentor, she finds her simple life upended. Logan is a challenge—disrespectful, rude and arrogant. Can she help him adjust to life at Wallingford Academy? Or will she develop feelings first?

Lemme be the first to say, I need to give up reading books featuring the military that are written by civilians.

I'm existentially tired of the stick-
Malanie
I know I say this all the time, about variety of male characters.

But I'm serious this time.

Logan from Risking It All is the actual worst.

|✨BLOG✨| ✨TWITTER✨|✨BOOKSTAGRAM✨|
Abbie
May 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
hate-to-love romance angst in a military academy + girl fighter pilots?? YES PLZ
Samantha (WLABB)
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, romance, 2019, arcs
Rating: 4.5 Stars

She followed the rules. He colored outside the lines. She was there by choice. He was there as a form of punishment. They seemed like oil and water, but you know what they say about opposites.....

This book was such a fantastic read for me! Once I started, I couldn't stop, because I was just loving being with Paige and Logan so much.

I found the premise fantastic. You have Paige, who was raised by her Navy Seal father, and longed for a military career. She lived strictly by the bo
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Rating: 4.5 stars

This book is a dark horse. It slowly snuck up on my heart and left me crying TWICE, plus gave me more confidence in myself. So if you take nothing else from this review, let it be that Risking It All is inspiring af.

The story is a hate-to-love YA romance, but it seemed like so much more. Paige is a student officer at Wallingford and has her life all planned out. She plays by the rules and holds the Honor Code above all. She also comes from a military family, so she lives and bre
Katherine Paschal
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance, teen
Paige has been the best cadet she could possible be at her military boarding school, on the fast track to a career in the armed forces just like her father. When she is assigned to peer mentor the new delinquent student Logan, she feel she may be in over her head with him. She could never have predicted the level of sarcasm and eye rolls contained in one lazy boy but she is determined to whip him into shape. Logan strives to spend his days playing video games with his friends, never expecting hi ...more
Kristin
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am starting with saying something about S. M. Koz there are very few authors that can create characters that I can start out the book not really liking and not identifying with and turn them into favorites she is now a part of that short list!

Paige: She is driven and has a moral code that is strictly black and white. She has self control and discipline that seems unwavering. Things start to change when she meets Logan.

Logan: He seems to be the antithesis of Paige. Unfocused, self serving, and
Haddie
Jun 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Squee! When I heard S.M. Koz was releasing another book. I could not wait to know more. I loved her book "Love Me, Love Me Not". So, I had some expectancy. This book surpassed my expectations.

Enemies-to-lovers. There's your theme. As someone who remembers the 90s and early 2000s, this book kinda reminded me of Cadet Kelly (starring Hilary Duff). Mostly because it takes place in a military academy. That's the only connection I have, but I loved it! Logan and Paige. Whoa. There was a lot going on.
Kat
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it
If you're looking for a new setting in YA, this is it!

Within a military academy, we meet two unlikely people who are thrown together. This creates an enemies-to-lovers scenario that I found to be quite entertaining.

There is a big jump in character development within the story that I feel was done nicely. It encompasses the teenage changes that we tend to see within YA characters and creates that typical contemporary feel.

Overall, I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars. My favorite part was the sett
Suleika Santana -All About Books
I thought this story was super cute and I love enemies to lovers romance and this one did not disappoint. I gotta say that I LOVED Logan, I thought he was a great character even if he did do some very immature things but he is a teen after all so I cannot blame him for it. Paige was not my favorite but in the end she did redeem herself so I was pretty happy. I also liked how the story ended, I thought it was perfect that way. The story is consistently good and will keep you reading.
I would reco
Lindsey
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I thought this would be more focused on Air Force stuff and it is not. Just a tainted love story.
Nikki
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
First a confession. Generally speaking, I am not a huge YA contemporary person but being a military spouse and former Cadet myself I was intrigued. And friends, I was not disappointed.

My issue with some contemporary YA novels is that they can read young and cringeworthy. What I found in Risking it All was laughter and nostalgia instead. It felt real and reminded me of the awkwardness that is teenage love. I really enjoyed that Paige stayed true to herself yet had room to grow. Overall a really
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Check out all my reviews over on The Bent Bookworm!*~

I went into this book with a lot of hope AND a lot of trepidation. As a military veteran from a military family, I've found that it's often really hard for authors without an actual military background (which, it doesn't appear Koz has, I tried to look it up) to realistically portray the environment without being either completely kitschy or derogatory. Risking It All was a pleasant surprise on that front! While the action takes place at a
Jennifer H.
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley and Swoon Reads!

Paige Durant is a model cadet at Wallingford Academy who is poised to graduate and hopes to become a pilot of the US Air Force. With a no nonsense attitude and obedience in her blood, she has no time for distractions which includes the newest student to Wallingford who she's been tasked to mentor.

Logan Evans was once a model student in school.. now he just enjoys playing video games with his friends. But when he takes the fall for a crime that lands him in
I received an ARC of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Paige Durant is one of the most ambitious officers at her military school, Wallingford Academy. A Lieutenant Commander, an ace student, partakes in multiple activities, and a dream to fly fighter jets. The only problem? She wants to go Air Force. Which is hard to explain to her Navy SEAL father why she doesn't want to continue in the family Navy tradition. Which is why she hasn't told him yet.

Logan Evans does not wan
Kathleen
I absolutely loved this hate-to-love romance book. Paige and Logan are so different, but their banter and friendship reminds me of one of my favorite TV couples (Logan and Veronica from Veronica Mars). My heart hurt for them at times, but it also had the jumbles for them.

I liked that Paige was the one in charge rather than having it be the male character. She has her life all planned out and Logan throws a major wrench into it. He's disrespectful and obviously doesn't want to be at Wallingford
Elizabeth
Sometimes Swoon Reads books can be hit or miss. I'm almost always excited for them and only satisfied after reading part of the time. Risking It All exceeded my high expectations. I used to live in Colorado Springs and have had a fascination with the Air Force Academy and the academy ways since, so this story was just what I was looking for.

I love Logan and Paige. I love the military high school live described and I love how fierce Paige was about her goals, how loyal Logan was to his friends (t
Samantha Hastings
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paige has military discipline drilled in her soul and she dreams of joining the Air Force even if her dad is Navy. She always follows the rules of her military high school Wallingford. She’s asked to mentor a new cadet named Logan who doesn’t follow the rules and doesn’t want to be at Wallingford. He’s only there to stay out of prison...

What I loved:
1. Paige is a fabulous female lead who is determined, intelligent, and a great mentor/leader. She shows that a woman can be tough and pretty.
2. I re
Stacy Hahn
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Risking It All is a book for both YA and mature readers alike. The characters are strong and complex in many ways. This book is set at a military academy and it has those students driven to be career military and those there as a "last resort." This is where this book gets so interesting seeing the blending of the two and how each background guides the decisions they make.

Our main characters, Paige and Logan, are from two different worlds. Paige is strong and has a hard and fast belief in follo
Sara Mack
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Risking It All gives readers everything they could want in a YA romance! After reading the back cover synopsis, you may think you have Paige and Logan pegged - but don't make the mistake of putting them in a box. Paige's strong, determined, confident characteristics are refreshing to see, and Logan's reasons for being sent to Wallingford will keep you guessing while you root for these two to work things out and get together. For this reader, Risking It All is a genuine look into life at a milita ...more
lovesbooks1986
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is taken in a Military school and delinquent child Logan who has been court ordered to go to military school or go to prison and Lieutenant commander Paige Durat has been appointed to teach him the school ways.

I really enjoyed reading this book I loved seeing Paige a stickler to rules and her whole life organised by father finally stand up and relax and then you also see Logan who came to school with an attitude turn out to be a not so bad guy, each character rub off on each other and
Leah
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, read-2019
This book is fine - the low rating is mostly because it seems like a paint-by-numbers YA. I felt like I could still see the bones of the outline, the movement from hate to friendship to romance to falling out etc. being prominently addressed as if they were points on a checklist. There was also a disappointing patness, not only in the lack of nuance or complexity when dealing with the military or prison in the US, not only in the wrapup of the various plotlines in the last two dozen pages or so, ...more
Debbie
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Risking it All is a very sweet teen story. It’s about friendship, honesty, honor and even a little romance Logan is a lost young man who may end up going to jail for a hit-and-run he didn’t commit. He goes to Wallingford Military Academy High School to help lessen his sentence and possibly with a plea bargain. Paige is Lieutenant Commander Durant and has led a very sheltered life. She’s been raised by a single dad who was formerly a Navy Seal. Paige and Logan’s worlds collide when she is assigne ...more
Kay
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

I haven't read a lot of military academy YA books, and not only did I learn a lot (the author notes in her acknowledgements that she talked to many military family members and friends), but I found it very interesting. Although I like routine, I would never have lasted with such early mornings.

I automatically loved Paige, the hard-working, honest, goal-driven, cadet who is on her way to joining the US Air Force. On the other hand, I automatically disliked Logan. Although
Terina Atkins
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Risking It All by SM Koz. This was a fun read. I think my students will like this one especially the girls. Nice to see a woman in position of power in the military. Paige has been focused all her life on the military and aims to go far. Then she meets Logan, a cadet with an attitude she has to lead in the right direction. Paige thought she had it all planned out, but her attraction to Logan may make her risk it all.
Cassie
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5. I thought the character development was really well done. I loved that we got to know Paige and Logan separately before their lives were interconnected. I thought that was really powerful element. I loved the humor, the emotion, and the dilemmas they each faced. If I had one complaint I wish there were more scenes with Noah and Leah interacting with Logan and Paige. Overall a solid read that gave me enough feels that I’ll be buying a copy when it comes out.
Vicky Skinner
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Risking It All is the perfect mix of sweet, funny, and dramatic! By the end, I genuinely loved our main characters and was rooting for them in their relstionship and in their futures. The setting is fresh and educational and shows a side of teenage life that's easily ignored. Recommended for those who like love stories, drama, and unconventional characters with hearts of gold!
Melissa Crump
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. Great characters and loved the plot. Sometimes when you follow the rules all your life, you forget to live and forget not everything is always black and white. Sometimes you need to have blind faith, trust your gut and be willing to risk it all for what is truly right.
Shay
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was so cute! Risking It All is the second book I've read by S.M. Koz and she does not disappoint
Rebecca June
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Thank you to Koz, Swoon Reads, and Xpresso Book Tours for a free eARC in exchange for an honest review. This review is originally posted on my blog, June Reads Books.

Paige has had her whole life planned out for as long as she can remember. All she wants in life is to follow her fathers footsteps...well, almost. Being a student and cadet at Wallingford Academy is everything she could ask for to help her achieve her dreams. While Logan doesn't have his whole life mapped out, or really any of it, W
SM Koz was born in Michigan, but moved to North Carolina for college and never left.

She enjoys traveling, camping, hiking, photography, reading, spending time with foster kids who call her house home, and learning new things. When she’s not creating online training for pharmaceutical companies (her day job) or writing, Koz can be found at the local community college taking courses on various topic