Start by marking “Risking It All” as Want to Read:
Risking It All

Risking It All

Paige knows exactly what she wants—to graduate from Wallingford Academy and become a pilot in the US Air Force. She’s inherited her father’s no-nonsense attitude and whip-smart intelligence, all of which have made her the perfect Wallingford cadet.

Logan has spent the last five years doing as little as possible. Once a star basketball player and one of the most popular boys
Expected publication: June 18th 2019 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about Risking It All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risking It All

Malanie
I know I say this all the time, about variety of male characters.

But I'm serious this time.

Logan from Risking It All is the actual worst.

|✨BLOG✨| ✨TWITTER✨|✨BOOKSTAGRAM✨|
Abbie
May 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
hate-to-love romance angst in a military academy + girl fighter pilots?? YES PLZ
Kristin
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am starting with saying something about S. M. Koz there are very few authors that can create characters that I can start out the book not really liking and not identifying with and turn them into favorites she is now a part of that short list!

Paige: She is driven and has a moral code that is strictly black and white. She has self control and discipline that seems unwavering. Things start to change when she meets Logan.

Logan: He seems to be the antithesis of Paige. Unfocused, self serving, and
Suleika Santana -All About Books
I thought this story was super cute and I love enemies to lovers romance and this one did not disappoint. I gotta say that I LOVED Logan, I thought he was a great character even if he did do some very immature things but he is a teen after all so I cannot blame him for it. Paige was not my favorite but in the end she did redeem herself so I was pretty happy. I also liked how the story ended, I thought it was perfect that way. The story is consistently good and will keep you reading.
I would reco
Nikki
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
First a confession. Generally speaking, I am not a huge YA contemporary person but being a military spouse and former Cadet myself I was intrigued. And friends, I was not disappointed.

My issue with some contemporary YA novels is that they can read young and cringeworthy. What I found in Risking it All was laughter and nostalgia instead. It felt real and reminded me of the awkwardness that is teenage love. I really enjoyed that Paige stayed true to herself yet had room to grow. Overall a really
Jennifer H.
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley and Swoon Reads!

Paige Durant is a model cadet at Wallingford Academy who is poised to graduate and hopes to become a pilot of the US Air Force. With a no nonsense attitude and obedience in her blood, she has no time for distractions which includes the newest student to Wallingford who she's been tasked to mentor.

Logan Evans was once a model student in school.. now he just enjoys playing video games with his friends. But when he takes the fall for a crime that lands him in
I received an ARC of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Paige Durant is one of the most ambitious officers at her military school, Wallingford Academy. A Lieutenant Commander, an ace student, partakes in multiple activities, and a dream to fly fighter jets. The only problem? She wants to go Air Force. Which is hard to explain to her Navy SEAL father why she doesn't want to continue in the family Navy tradition. Which is why she hasn't told him yet.

Logan Evans does not wan
Samantha Hastings
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paige has military discipline drilled in her soul and she dreams of joining the Air Force even if her dad is Navy. She always follows the rules of her military high school Wallingford. She’s asked to mentor a new cadet named Logan who doesn’t follow the rules and doesn’t want to be at Wallingford. He’s only there to stay out of prison...

What I loved:
1. Paige is a fabulous female lead who is determined, intelligent, and a great mentor/leader. She shows that a woman can be tough and pretty.
2. I re
Stacy Hahn
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Risking It All is a book for both YA and mature readers alike. The characters are strong and complex in many ways. This book is set at a military academy and it has those students driven to be career military and those there as a "last resort." This is where this book gets so interesting seeing the blending of the two and how each background guides the decisions they make.

Our main characters, Paige and Logan, are from two different worlds. Paige is strong and has a hard and fast belief in follo
Sara Mack
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Risking It All gives readers everything they could want in a YA romance! After reading the back cover synopsis, you may think you have Paige and Logan pegged - but don't make the mistake of putting them in a box. Paige's strong, determined, confident characteristics are refreshing to see, and Logan's reasons for being sent to Wallingford will keep you guessing while you root for these two to work things out and get together. For this reader, Risking It All is a genuine look into life at a milita ...more
Samantha (WLABB)
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arcs, ya, romance
Rating: 4.5 Stars

This was such an enjoyable read. I guess you could call it a hate-to-love romance, but it was more about how they helped each other see things a little differently, and their friendship grew as their understanding of one another grew.

And, THAT'S how I like my endings too. Let's hear it for the ending.

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS
Leah
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, read-2019
This book is fine - the low rating is mostly because it seems like a paint-by-numbers YA. I felt like I could still see the bones of the outline, the movement from hate to friendship to romance to falling out etc. being prominently addressed as if they were points on a checklist. There was also a disappointing patness, not only in the lack of nuance or complexity when dealing with the military or prison in the US, not only in the wrapup of the various plotlines in the last two dozen pages or so, ...more
Cassie
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5. I thought the character development was really well done. I loved that we got to know Paige and Logan separately before their lives were interconnected. I thought that was really powerful element. I loved the humor, the emotion, and the dilemmas they each faced. If I had one complaint I wish there were more scenes with Noah and Leah interacting with Logan and Paige. Overall a solid read that gave me enough feels that I’ll be buying a copy when it comes out.
Terina Atkins
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Risking It All by SM Koz. This was a fun read. I think my students will like this one especially the girls. Nice to see a woman in position of power in the military. Paige has been focused all her life on the military and aims to go far. Then she meets Logan, a cadet with an attitude she has to lead in the right direction. Paige thought she had it all planned out, but her attraction to Logan may make her risk it all.
Vicky Skinner
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Risking It All is the perfect mix of sweet, funny, and dramatic! By the end, I genuinely loved our main characters and was rooting for them in their relstionship and in their futures. The setting is fresh and educational and shows a side of teenage life that's easily ignored. Recommended for those who like love stories, drama, and unconventional characters with hearts of gold!
Melissa Crump
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. Great characters and loved the plot. Sometimes when you follow the rules all your life, you forget to live and forget not everything is always black and white. Sometimes you need to have blind faith, trust your gut and be willing to risk it all for what is truly right.
Rebecca June
May 17, 2019
Iany Mcgrawn
Nov 23, 2018
Jennifer Martin
Dec 04, 2018
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I love this new book by SM Koz! Paige Durant is a start at Wallingford Academy. Her ultimate goal is to head the Air Force Academy and Logan Evans does not work into her goal plans. Sent to to Wallingford as a part of a plea deal for a hit and run accident, Logan is not happy to be thrust into an environment of structure and strict rules. Paige is assigned to Logan as a peer mentor and she finds him to be quite the challenge. Logan fights against the system but Paige is a strong woman who is not ...more
Amanda Gerych baldwin
Mar 13, 2019
Sarah Avallone
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Realistic conflicts and conversation. Great book about friendships and loyalty. A clean romance that will be popular with middle school and junior high students.
Kirsten Seidel
Tammy Willoughby
Dec 04, 2018
Krysta
Jan 29, 2019
SM Koz was born in Michigan, but moved to North Carolina for college and never left.

She enjoys traveling, camping, hiking, photography, reading, spending time with foster kids who call her house home, and learning new things. When she’s not creating online training for pharmaceutical companies (her day job) or writing, Koz can be found at the local community college taking courses on various topic